King of the Ovals bugged

Zeta_Pr1m3

For me it's bugged. I used my tomahawk only on that track and I checked my distance on it and it says: 1200km driven (in time trial). Plus I'm farming xp to level up with my Porsche on that Blue Moon Speedway in an event. 

Edited by Kasowicz

• 7 months later...

If it serves for something, I can confirm that this trophy can be done racing in Blue Moon Speedway, my friend got it in that track while training for a race we have to do en two days. I think also can confirm that this trophy it is bugged because I also driven more than 4000km on my Porsche for the event Premium Longue on Professional events (for farming xp) and never pops up.

@Kasowicz when you do this trophy after deleted you files, you restored the old ones? or you do this trophy while been disconnected from Poliphony servers? my questions are intended to know if you have any issue with Poliphony after delete the save files, because I don't want to lose all my stats, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For me this trophy didn't pop when it was supposed to either. I drove several races and qualifyings on oval tracks in Sport Mode, before I started grinding XP on Blue Moon with the KTM. After 827 km with the KTM alone, it still hadn't popped. I then went to Time Trial and drove the Tomahawk for 50 laps on Northern Isle Speedway and after I exited on lap 51 it popped... So somehow going to the Time Trail seemed to have unlocked it for me.

• 1 year later...
On 19.09.2020 at 2:16 AM, MrBeens said:

Does the Special Stage X cuircuit count towards this?

Afaik, it does.

However, I strongly suggest to everyone who aims for Route 66 / King of the Oval just select an oval time trial track from the arcade and tie your left stick with a rubber band or sth. I got Endurance Racer, King of the Ovals, and Route 66 Racer that way. Lazy but guaranteed. 

• 2 months later...

I don't think that King of the Ovals is bugged. Just seems that distance has to driven on original ovals, not ones added on any of the patches. Personally this popped on Blue Moon Bay Speedway (that three corner oval). Grinded rest of distance on 50 lap custom races.

Original ovals are:

• Northern Isle Speedway
  • Blue moon Bay Speedway (base) & II
  • Broad Bean Raceway (base) & II

Patch 1.13 added four infield layouts to Blue Moon Bay that thus wouldn't be valid. Same applies to Special Stage Route X (patch 1.32).

Came to think this due to same games Souvenir from Le Mans trophy requirement. On that scape shot has to be taken of base game Audi R18 (Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest), 2011), not patch 1.06 one (Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest), 2016).

In case someone still wonders these.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CountKarloff said:

I don't think that King of the Ovals is bugged. Just seems that distance has to driven on original ovals, not ones added on any of the patches. Personally this popped on Blue Moon Bay Speedway (that three corner oval). Grinded rest of distance on 50 lap custom races.

Original ovals are:

• Northern Isle Speedway

Patch 1.13 added four infield layouts to Blue Moon Bay that thus wouldn't be valid. Same applies to Special Stage Route X (patch 1.32).

Came to think this due to same games Souvenir from Le Mans trophy requirement. On that scape shot has to be taken of base game Audi R18 (Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest), 2011), not patch 1.06 one (Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest), 2016).

Is bugged for some people for sure.

I drove miles and miles on Blue Moon Bay Speedway until reach level 50 and no trophy, try other races and cars and no trophy.

I delete my save data, start a new game and got the trophy using Blue Moon Bay Speedway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Is bugged for some people for sure.

I drove miles and miles on Blue Moon Bay Speedway until reach level 50 and no trophy, try other races and cars and no trophy.

I delete my save data, start a new game and got the trophy using Blue Moon Bay Speedway.

Does it only work on Arcade / Time Trial and GT Sport ?

If you boost XP using the X-bow method in GT League, will it count for this trophy ? 

38 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Does it only work on Arcade / Time Trial and GT Sport ?

If you boost XP using the X-bow method in GT League, will it count for this trophy ? 

I get the platinum some years ago and I didn't remember if the GT League farm method count towards the trophy, but I remember struggling with all modes, several cars, different tracks with no luck, then start a new game deleting data and the trophy pops first try.

I drove all of the kms in the same car on the Blue Moon Bay professional GT League race (I think that's what it's called), and I never got the trophy. I haven't tried anything else yet, but would you suggest I delete my save data and start afresh for it? Or would there still be a good chance it would unlock on my current save on maybe that Northern Isle Speedway track in time trial? I definitely did enough kms because I only used the Ford GT on that specific race so I could track the kms on the odometer.

On 30-11-2020 at 10:51 AM, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

I drove all of the kms in the same car on the Blue Moon Bay professional GT League race (I think that's what it's called), and I never got the trophy. I haven't tried anything else yet, but would you suggest I delete my save data and start afresh for it? Or would there still be a good chance it would unlock on my current save on maybe that Northern Isle Speedway track in time trial? I definitely did enough kms because I only used the Ford GT on that specific race so I could track the kms on the odometer.

I would try a time trial on Nothern Isle. Use a Tomahawk if you have one to save time. Doing this made it work for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Ok great, thanks, I'll give that a try at some stage and see if that triggers it. I do have a Tomahawk from memory too.

Just got the trophy, i didn't risk anything, and just did arcade races on Nothern Isle with the Tomahawk again and again, and trophy just popped as supposed ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I did this trophy on blue moon and popped for me just fine. Also as a tip what I found out worked last night is this thanks to a YT vid. I ran a 9 hr enduro overnight while sleeping and got about 19k xp. Do Tokyo Expressway inner loop and use the Honda beat n100 car. Then setup the race against a gr 1 car and make it so xp maxes. You can set time as long as youd like. Make sure you set the settings on the bottom to reset the car if needed. At the start of the race avoid the pits then hug the wall. Slap a good ole rubber band or hairtie on at this point and let the game work for you while sleeping and working. Also make sure to keep it plugged into a power source so the battery doesnt die on the controller. This will make farming xp a whole lot easier and less time consuming as essentially youre farming xp while doing real life tasks. 

• 3 months later...
On 30/11/2020 at 4:48 AM, CountKarloff said:

Original ovals are:

• Northern Isle Speedway

It is bugged, there are multiple reports of this not unlocking since before those tracks became available.

• 5 months later...

Looks like my trophy has bugged too. I've won the GT League Blue Moon Bay 17 times, which is over 800km (3.2km x 15 laps x 17 races = 816km) + various bits and pieces at that and other oval tracks and still nothing. I'll try running some laps at Northern Isle as suggested above and see if that does the job. 

After another BMB race, 50km in the Tomahawk at Northern Isle, and two laps of SSRX I still don't have a trophy. Looks like I will have to delete the save and drive 800km on a new one. That said, I have 2 questions:

1. What is the procedure on backing up/deleting/restoring saves without risking an overwrite? (I have not done this since the PS3 days)

2. What is the fastest way to 800km on a new save? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barra333 said:

After another BMB race, 50km in the Tomahawk at Northern Isle, and two laps of SSRX I still don't have a trophy. Looks like I will have to delete the save and drive 800km on a new one. That said, I have 2 questions:

1. What is the procedure on backing up/deleting/restoring saves without risking an overwrite? (I have not done this since the PS3 days)

2. What is the fastest way to 800km on a new save? 

I believe on PS4 you go through Application Data Management  > Saved Data in System Storage  > Upload to Online Storage to back up a save through the cloud. Then, you should have your current save on the system, and the online save.
Make sure to turn off auto-upload so that your system save doesn't automatically overwrite the online (cloud) one.

To restore the cloud save you just uploaded, go through Application Data Management > Saved data in Online Storage > Download to System Storage.
Just to be safe, I would recommend getting your 91 wins done first since I presume you're close as you've done the 65 poles. It's up to you though! ?
After you get it done, feel free to turn back the auto-upload for it.

The way I got 800km quickly was using the Tomahawk on I believe the Northern Isle Speedway, it's a super-fast car and it'll get the job done.

Best of luck with your progress mate, you're getting close to the plat! Keep it up.

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1