King of the Ovals bugged

Zeta_Pr1m3

2 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

I believe on PS4 you go through Application Data Management  > Saved Data in System Storage  > Upload to Online Storage to back up a save through the cloud. Then, you should have your current save on the system, and the online save. Make sure to turn off auto-upload so that your system save doesn't automatically overwrite the online (cloud) one.
To restore the cloud save you just uploaded, go through Application Data Management > Saved data in Online Storage > Download to System Storage.
Just to be safe, I would recommend getting your 91 wins done first since I presume you're close as you've done the 65 poles. It's up to you though! 1f44c.png
After you get it done, feel free to turn back the auto-upload for it.

The way I got 800km quickly was using the Tomahawk on I believe the Northern Isle Speedway, it's a super-fast car and it'll get the job done.

Best of luck with your progress mate, you're getting close to the plat! Keep it up.

Thanks. I'm on a PS5, but I expect the steps are pretty much the same. I think turning off auto upload is the important part. That is a very good idea to get the 91 wins first (sitting at 82 right now).

My other question relates to getting 800km from a clean save - I think the Tomahawk is a bit out of reach first up unless I get crazy luck on the wheel. Was blown away that it was doing 590kmh on SSRX. I think I'll go find a prize car list and see what I can win early-ish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barra333 said:

Thanks. I'm on a PS5, but I expect the steps are pretty much the same. I think turning off auto upload is the important part. That is a very good idea to get the 91 wins first (sitting at 82 right now).

My other question relates to getting 800km from a clean save - I think the Tomahawk is a bit out of reach first up unless I get crazy luck on the wheel. Was blown away that it was doing 590kmh on SSRX. I think I'll go find a prize car list and see what I can win early-ish.

Yeah, PS5 are the same steps pretty much, it's Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) > Console Storage > Upload to Cloud Storage.
Good thing I happened to be using my PS5 right now so I could check! ? Make sure you be careful with your saves when you do it, I'd recommend maybe even saving it to a USB drive just in case.
As a side note, I believe the Tomahawk is 1,000,000 credits.

Hopefully I could help out mate, and good luck!

Just now, Shrooba said:

That's what I'd be worried about too! 1f605.png Yeah, I really think it'd be for the best and less worrying if you got the wins done first.

I still have the better part of 2,000,000 to get to level 50, so the 800km is not overly urgent. You never know, it might randomly pop for me in the mean time ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I still have the better part of 2,000,000 to get to level 50, so the 800km is not overly urgent. You never know, it might randomly pop for me in the mean time 1f643.png

Yeah, level 50 is absolutely brutal mate! Out of the 2 months it took me to get the plat, a literal month was spent just climbing the levels doing Blue Moon Bay and Sarthe over and over, definitely the worst grind I've ever done! ? So it's safe to say you should hopefully have the oval 800km done by then. I really recommend listening to music or podcasts or something in-between.

@Steven-Spiegel When the trophy bugged on me, firstly I earn any other trophy, including the insane grind to level 50, then I backup my save, delete evertthing and start from scratch, I couldn't remember the track but the car was some Tomahawk model

The Tomahawk is crazy fast indeed! You can reach serious speeds with that thing! ? Definitely the best car to get the job done.

Edited by Shrooba

7 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Yeah, level 50 is absolutely brutal mate! Out of the 2 months it took me to get the plat, a literal month was spent just climbing the levels doing Blue Moon Bay and Sarthe over and over, definitely the worst grind I've ever done

I was just thinking that my Grid:Autosport grind was longer, but at least the fastest route there was to actually drive different tracks/cars. I think that was about 2hrs once a week for nearly a year.

• 2 months later...

I had trouble unlocking the the trophy, but managed to get it without risking my save file.

Here's what didn't work (single player):

- Campaign: Premium Sports Lounge, Race 1; Blue Moon Bay

• Six thousand miles in the RX500
  • Six hundred miles in the '66 GT40
  • Six hundred miles in the X-Bow

- Custom Race: 27 laps of Special Stage Route X

- Time Trial: 261 laps of Blue Moon Bay

Here's what did work:

Time Trial: 900 laps of Northern Isle Speedway

This wasn't done in one sitting. I did 100-200 laps per day using the Tomahawk X. You can lap the track at 100% full throttle if you make use of the corners' inside line (out-in-out). The car's boost will run out at around 90 laps.

Maybe Northern Isle is the only proper oval, and the glitch lies in its unlocking on other tracks for some people.

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, fadingtrails said:

I had trouble unlocking the the trophy, but managed to get it without risking my save file.

Here's what didn't work (single player):

- Campaign: Premium Sports Lounge, Race 1; Blue Moon Bay

• Six thousand miles in the RX500
  • Six hundred miles in the '66 GT40
  • Six hundred miles in the X-Bow

- Custom Race: 27 laps of Special Stage Route X

- Time Trial: 261 laps of Blue Moon Bay

Here's what did work:

Time Trial: 900 laps of Northern Isle Speedway

This wasn't done in one sitting. I did 100-200 laps per day using the Tomahawk X. You can lap the track at 100% full throttle if you make use of the corners' inside line (out-in-out). The car's boost will run out at around 90 laps.

Maybe Northern Isle is the only proper oval, and the glitch lies in its unlocking on other tracks for some people.

Hello! I'm trying to do the time trial laps and almost certainly I've done more than 900 laps and it still doesn't pop the trophy. I do not know what to do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sepulveda24 said:

Hello! I'm trying to do the time trial laps and almost certainly I've done more than 900 laps and it still doesn't pop the trophy. I do not know what to do.

Do the offline trick. That's how I made it.

Make sure to back up your saves to PS Plus or USB Drive. This is important, because you'll have to delete them from your console, so make sure, your backups are safe!

After you made the backups, disconnect your PS4 from the network, delete your GT Sport save data from the console, start a new game buy a somewhat decent car, that is faster than 50km/h. Get a cheap car which can bang some speed, wo it will be faster for you.

After that head into time trials and do 900 laps on Northern Isle Speedway. Don't do Blue Moon Bay because it's bugged, or at least for me it didn't work and it just glitches out the trophy.
Don't worry, I too had like 10000km on oval tracks until I realized it glitched on me. But do this trick and the trophy will pop on the race results screen after you finish. :)

Do the rubber band AFK method and forget about the game for 3-4 hours and go watch a movie or something. :)

Another tip is to turn off controller vibration while you do this so you won't go insane for all that rumble. ?

After you get the trophy, just delete this new save file, reconnect your console to the internet, restore your backup and continue your game as you normally would.

It's a bit of a hassle, but we can't really do anything about it. :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got hit with this bug as well. Providing the known workaround in case anyone else gets the bug as well. BUT IF YOU ARE STARTING THE GAME NOW - GO FOR THIS TROPHY FIRST. Nothing worse than grinding out 500 miles on boring tracks and it bugs out.

I did 280 races on Blue Moon, 1,500 miles in arcade races and time trials on Northern Isle Speedway and it didn't pop.

Backed up my save to PS +, deleted the save file on the console, disconnected from the internet and knocked out 510 miles on Northern Isle Speedway time trial using the fastest car available to use in one sitting (watched 2 movies while holding R2 lol). Once it popped, deleted the new save and downloaded my previous save and I had nothing missing as far as I could tell.

Edited by Shady_Wombat
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well I had the great misfortune of having the game crash on me only 50 miles from where it needed to be, so I'm trying it online this time so it can have saved if it crashes again and this way I can use the KTM. When I did it rubber band with the fastest free car before, it took like 7 hours to get half way, and I made it go faster in person up until the crash. I've backed the save up on a USB so hopefully nothing goes wrong there. It's going much, much faster with the KTM.

EDIT: welp. I am not able to restore my save, even though I backed it up. It still just shows whatever the save was from this most recent thing. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: yeah uh guys, you can't actually back up your save. If you want to do this, you have to do the fix offline. Backing up to and restoring from a USB drive does not work if you do it online. And I did indeed have to take advantage of it saving because the game crashed again while afking this. Still wish I'd known, so don't make the same mistake I did. Because yeah I think your local save data will be overwritten by whatever the GT servers have.

EDIT 3: okay now this is super weird. Entering different menus suddenly grants me rewards I'd already earned. Like I was 0% on all the campaign stuff, but the number of events I'd completed was what it used to be, so I clicked that menu and suddenly I got a notification for getting 75% of the campaign, so I backed up, and all the stuff I'd just done in campaign was at 100%. Entering the menu for training is now inundating me with car rewards. Looking at my online profile is showing me the pictures I uploaded and the likes I recieved on them, and they now show up in my gallery but not my library. Super weird.

Edited by Chettlar

On 1/3/2024 at 9:13 AM, Chettlar said:

Well I had the great misfortune of having the game crash on me only 50 miles from where it needed to be, so I'm trying it online this time so it can have saved if it crashes again and this way I can use the KTM. When I did it rubber band with the fastest free car before, it took like 7 hours to get half way, and I made it go faster in person up until the crash. I've backed the save up on a USB so hopefully nothing goes wrong there. It's going much, much faster with the KTM.

EDIT: welp. I am not able to restore my save, even though I backed it up. It still just shows whatever the save was from this most recent thing. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: yeah uh guys, you can't actually back up your save. If you want to do this, you have to do the fix offline. Backing up to and restoring from a USB drive does not work if you do it online. And I did indeed have to take advantage of it saving because the game crashed again while afking this. Still wish I'd known, so don't make the same mistake I did. Because yeah I think your local save data will be overwritten by whatever the GT servers have.

EDIT 3: okay now this is super weird. Entering different menus suddenly grants me rewards I'd already earned. Like I was 0% on all the campaign stuff, but the number of events I'd completed was what it used to be, so I clicked that menu and suddenly I got a notification for getting 75% of the campaign, so I backed up, and all the stuff I'd just done in campaign was at 100%. Entering the menu for training is now inundating me with car rewards. Looking at my online profile is showing me the pictures I uploaded and the likes I recieved on them, and they now show up in my gallery but not my library. Super weird.

While doing the offline method, did you delete your local save as I said in my instructions? If not, then that's the reason for the weird stuff.

If you didn't get the Oval trophy by the time you finished the campaign, then it's glitched for you in the online mode and you won't be able to do it no matter what and you'll need to do the offline method for it to work.

Keep in mind that you'll always need to restore your saves from USB that you made before the offline method and ONLY after that connect online again, or your saves will mess up in a way or the other.

Do the steps I said a couple of posts before and you should be good to go. It says offline method for a reason, because online method won't work as stated.

6 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

While doing the offline method, did you delete your local save as I said in my instructions? If not, then that's the reason for the weird stuff.

If you didn't get the Oval trophy by the time you finished the campaign, then it's glitched for you in the online mode and you won't be able to do it no matter what and you'll need to do the offline method for it to work.

Keep in mind that you'll always need to restore your saves from USB that you made before the offline method and ONLY after that connect online again, or your saves will mess up in a way or the other.

Do the steps I said a couple of posts before and you should be good to go. It says offline method for a reason, because online method won't work as stated.

Feels like you just...didn't read my post? I explained why it didn't work. I know how to do the offline method, but my console crashed on me twice because apparently it just does not like running a race that long.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:57 PM, Chettlar said:

Feels like you just...didn't read my post? I explained why it didn't work. I know how to do the offline method, but my console crashed on me twice because apparently it just does not like running a race that long.

I did read your post, but maybe I misunderstood something...if that's the case, I'm sorry for that.

It's true that I didn't worded my response the best either.

What I wanted to really address were your last two edits. because reading that gave me the impressions that you did the backup steps correctly but attempted the method while being online and that's the reason you got the rewards willy-nilly, because some of that data is stored on the GT servers and some are stored locally. And the things you got prompted even though you said you deleted the save, are saved on the servers.

That's the reason I said to follow the offline method....I wasn't being ignorant, sorry again if it came back that way.

About the crashing incidents, sadly that happens from time to time, even if you do everything perfectly. I may work from the start without crashed, but it may take several takes before you can get it.

How this second response is a bit clearer and I managed to clear some misunderstandings.

Looking at your profile, I see that you managed to get the trophy and with that the platinum as well. Congrats on that one, it really is a huge grind! :) 

17 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

I did read your post, but maybe I misunderstood something...if that's the case, I'm sorry for that.

It's true that I didn't worded my response the best either.

What I wanted to really address were your last two edits. because reading that gave me the impressions that you did the backup steps correctly but attempted the method while being online and that's the reason you got the rewards willy-nilly, because some of that data is stored on the GT servers and some are stored locally. And the things you got prompted even though you said you deleted the save, are saved on the servers.

That's the reason I said to follow the offline method....I wasn't being ignorant, sorry again if it came back that way.

About the crashing incidents, sadly that happens from time to time, even if you do everything perfectly. I may work from the start without crashed, but it may take several takes before you can get it.

How this second response is a bit clearer and I managed to clear some misunderstandings.

Looking at your profile, I see that you managed to get the trophy and with that the platinum as well. Congrats on that one, it really is a huge grind! :) 

Thank you. It's a very good game and I'm very proud to have it. But hey, at the end of the day, I'm liking what I've tried of GT7 even more, and that's probably the better game to build up a library in and return back to. And PSVR got added to 7 as well, so that's not even a factor any more. So it's okay to leave my GT Sport save in the dust. It doesn't even let you see your stats offline anyway.

And yeah what I was trying to say was I knew there was a risk, but the game has never liked going for hours and hours for me. Even when I did my level 50 grind, it would crash a lot. Might be something wrong with the PS4 I was using. I would have done it on my PS5 like I did the rest of the game, but I was busy doing other things on there. Oh well. It is what it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine trophy glitched too, I did it offline just now 4 hours straight in one sitting on Northern Isle Speedway. It takes a bit less than 900 laps to reach 500 miles, I think it was 860 or so. Current mileage is displayed under fuel consumption indicator. Trophy popped fine and game crashed right when I pressed red Exit button in the lobby 💦

• Like 2