Questions about Dead Space series

Leaderboards

Playing Dead Space series soon, got some questions.

1. For the people who have the plat(s), what weapons did you use besides the Plasma Cutter for your Impossible Run in Dead Space 1 and your Hardcore Run in Dead Space 2.

2. Is the full game of Dead Space Extraction included in the Limited Edition of Dead Space 2 or is it just a demo?

3. Can you plat Dead Space Extraction with just a PS3 controller? How hard is it? I don't want to buy a PS move.

4. You need a second controller for one trophy in Dead Space Extraction. Can I use a ps4 controller as a second controller? I only have 1 PS3 controller.

5. Why is the plat for Extraction rarer than Dead Space 2 lol?

6. Once I buy the Severed DLC for Dead Space 2, how do you access it in the game?

7. The cheat codes for Dead Space 1, if I used them in my first play through (Easy), can I use them again in Impossible difficulty?

Thanks

Edited by Trophy Huntress

14 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

1. For the people who have the plat(s), what weapons did you use besides the Plasma Cutter for your Impossible Run in Dead Space 1 and your Hardcore Run in Dead Space 2.

2. Is the full game of Dead Space Extraction included in the Limited Edition of Dead Space 2 or is it just a demo?

3. Can you plat Dead Space Extraction with just a PS3 controller? How hard is it? I don't want to buy a PS move.

4. You need a second controller for one trophy in Dead Space Extraction. Can I use a ps4 controller as a second controller? I only have 1 PS3 controller.

6. Once I buy the Severed DLC for Dead Space 2, how do you access it in the game?

7. The cheat codes for Dead Space 1, if I used them in my first play through (Easy), can I use them again in Impossible difficulty?

Thanks

I can answer some of these for you.

In Dead Space 1 I used only the plasma cutter on my Impossible run and it wasn't hard. Especially once it is upgraded.

2. Yes the full game of Extraction comes with the limited edition of DS2.

3. Yes you can plat Extraction with the PS3 controller. I did my first play through with the PS3 controller. Did the rest with the move and found it to be much easier,

4. Can't answer

5. Don't know. Maybe people didn't like Extraction enough to plat.

6. I think Severed is in the main menu

7. You can use the cheat codes as many times you like

3 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Full version....and it sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls...

I actually liked Extraction.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 2

1 - Plasma cutter was my go to, but also used line gun, force gun, and the rifle. 

2 - Full game of Extraction is included

3 - You can platinum the game with a DS3, but I personal used a move controller and found it easier.

4 - Unsure of this, but I think there is a way to get the DS4 to work on the PS3. Could ask a friend to borrow a controller if you had someone willing to do this.

5 - I'd say it's probably because of how bad the game is when comparing to Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2. I would imagine a lot of people tried the game since it came packaged with Dead Space 2 and was turned off by it and never sought the platinum out. I'm not a big fan of on the rails shooters, but as a fan of the series, wanted the platinum. It will definitely take time and patience. One of the more trying platinum trophies I've achieved, not necessarily from being over difficult, but for the gameplay departure from the first two titles of the series.

6 - It's been a while, but you should be able to access it from the main menu.

7 - From a quick Google search, it looks like they are once per playthrough, so would imagine you would be okay.

Hope this helps. Dead Space 1 and 2 are easily some of my favorite games, but 3 left me wanting more. Overall, a great experience and one you should enjoy! Good luck on the platinums!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

1. To be honest on my impossible run I still mained the Plasma Cutter. You'll find it's the most versatile and you can sell all the other ammo for a pretty penny. I also used the pulse rifle on certain boss fights and sequences where you're getting dragged by a tentacle. Very effective in shooting the weak spots.

7. You can use the following cheat codes once per playthrough:

:square::square::square::triangle::square: +1,000 credits

:square::square::square::triangle::triangle: +2,000 credits

:square::square::square::triangle::square::triangle: +5,000 credits
:square::triangle::triangle::triangle::square::square::triangle: +10,000 credits
:triangle::square::square::square::triangle: +2 Nodes
:triangle::square::triangle::square::square::triangle::square::square::triangle::square::square::triangle: +5 Nodes

And these can be used indefinitely:

:square::square::triangle::triangle::triangle: More Oxygen

:square::triangle::triangle::square::triangle: Refill Stasis meter

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

For the weapons, people will typically say Plasma Cutter (as you can see in this topic right now). But if I recall correctly, the Force Gun in the first game is majorly overpowered once it's fully upgraded. It pretty much obliterated anything at close range in 1 or 2 shots.

And I'll mention more about the second game since it hasn't been covered yet. For Hard Core, I used Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Contact Beam. I can't even remember the fourth weapon, but it wasn't important. Probably Line Gun or Javelin Gun or something. Also, upgrading Kinesis was useful since impaling enemies was actually pretty effective. The Force Gun got a major nerf for this game since it wasn't nearly as effective at one-shotting enemies. Instead, it's all about the Contact Beam. One shot obliteration cannon once it's fully upgraded. Even better though, is the alt fire which is like a panic button that kills everything directly around you. Even the Force Gun has to sorta be aimed, but not the Contact Beam alt fire. I used the primary fire for pretty much anything bigger than a standard necromorph, including Stalkers. Pulse Rifle is for kids/babies and shooting airlocks and whatnot.

I'll even throw in third game recommendations. Shotgun/grenade launcher combo with the upgraded that makes you immune to your own explosions. Once you have a weapon like that, it's over. It's completely OP. Then throw in an assault rifle-type weapon for long range and that's it. But seriously, never ever use the grenade launch until you get that upgrade.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Thanks

1 - Plasma Cutter and Force Gun, Pulse rifle is great for bosses

2 - already answered LE has Full

3 - yes, not very hard

4 - that i am not sure about

5 - not as many played it, it is a Rail Shooter vs 3rd person

6 - access from main menu

7 - yes they can be used on every New Game.

Bonus:

In Dead Space 3 try to do 2 co-op runs for the "extra" missions as you get a different experience with each character.

There is also Dead Space Ignition for download only and it gives you a new suit in the main game if you have a save file.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

And these can be used indefinitely:

:square::square::triangle::triangle::triangle: More Oxygen

:square::triangle::triangle::square::triangle: Refill Stasis meter

Oh snap.

I can just sell the items that give stasis and oxygen if that's the case. Can you use these two specific cheats in Impossible difficulty?

10 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

1 - Plasma Cutter and Force Gun, Pulse rifle is great for bosses

In Dead Space 3 try to do 2 co-op runs for the "extra" missions as you get a different experience with each character.

For both games use the Force Gun and Pulse Rifle?

Not playing Dead Space 3. I have no friends and I am tired of mp stuff lol >:)

Thanks

35 minutes ago, jimbob005 said:

Hope this helps. Dead Space 1 and 2 are easily some of my favorite games, but 3 left me wanting more. Overall, a great experience and one you should enjoy! Good luck on the platinums!

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Oh snap.

I can just sell the items that give stasis and oxygen if that's the case. Can you use these two specific cheats in Impossible difficulty?

For both games use the Force Gun and Pulse Rifle?

Not playing Dead Space 3. I have no friends and I am tired of mp stuff lol >:)

Thanks

yes they can be used on Impossible,

Force Gun can blow off all the limbs at one time but it has short range like a shotgun. plus it is good for crowd control in part 2.

if you want to run the MP i can help. not a fan either honestly but they are pretty interesting. What i do not like about it is that before the release the developers said "you wont miss out on any story content if you do not play MP" yet almost ALL of the other characters story is locked behind MP doors.

once DSE re-installs (forgot to re-add it last time i had to format) i will test the PS4 controller on it

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dj_helyx said:

Personally, I'd recommend only playing the original. DS2 is ok, but not as good as the first imho. DS3 is just bad.

As for Extraction and Ignition, take 'em or leave 'em.

only thing i did not like about part 1 was the silent protagonist. it would always kill the mood of the scene when he had NO reaction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

if you want to run the MP i can help. not a fan either honestly but they are pretty interesting. What i do not like about it is that before the release the developers said "you wont miss out on any story content if you do not play MP" yet almost ALL of the other characters story is locked behind MP doors.

once DSE re-installs (forgot to re-add it last time i had to format) i will test the PS4 controller on it

Thank you for the offer to help me with DS3, let me think about it.

Spoiler

Btw, I am not actually female, just female for now as a social experiment and to mess with blue pill simps lol. So... if you still want to help me in the future, then cool haha.

You got DS3 DLC?

Oh thank you so much for testing DSE, if I didn't get an answer was going to test it on an alt account anyway.

8 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Thank you for the offer to help me with DS3, let me think about it. Btw, I am not actually female, just female for now as a social experiment and to mess with blue pill simps lol. So... if you still want to help me in the future, then cool haha. You got DS3 DLC?

Oh thank you so much for testing DSE, if I didn't get an answer was going to test it on an alt account anyway.

i do not care you are a gamer and i enjoy helping other, plus i already expected as much. Yes i have the "dlc" for all the games plus 100% on Ignition

EDIT:

nope the PS4 controller does not work on Extraction

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i do not care you are a gamer and i enjoy helping other, plus i already expected as much. Yes i have the "dlc" for all the games plus 100% on Ignition.

EDIT:

nope the PS4 controller does not work on Extraction

Thanks.

Ouch, okay, no PS4 controller then.

11 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

only thing i did not like about part 1 was the silent protagonist. it would always kill the mood of the scene when he had NO reaction.

I jumped like a little bitch plenty, so I was fine with Isaac not having much to say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dj_helyx said:

I jumped like a little bitch plenty, so I was fine with Isaac not having much to say.

it was not the jump scares, it was the reactions he had. he just stood there like a lump on a log, to me that removes the  immersion of the story. i know some developers feel that a "silent" protagonist creates immersion but quite the opposite for me.

i would start getting in to the game then a cut-scene hits and Clark has no reaction pulling me back out of the story. it ruined the atmosphere of part 1, still a great game though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Yes; the stasis cheat will effectively let you cheese through most of your impossible run, if you wish to do so.

• Like 1

I Did my one gun trophy (plasma cutter only) on my impossible run in dead space 1 while using the item/money duplicate glitch and popped the platinum, it wasnt too bad

the plasma cutter is pretty op when its fully upgraded, i also purchased the obsidian suit from the psn store, it helped a little but i dont think it was fully needed, i saved the power node cheat code for my impossible run and as far as I remember you can dupe those aswell but dont quote me on that because its been over 5 years and from what i remember you can only dupe items at certain points, i know for a fact that i duped a shit ton of ammo, health packs and money, duped ammo i didnt need aswell to sell, pick up everything and sell that just incase

its fairly easy, its tricky at first cuz your gun is weak but itll get better

• Like 1

I am on my Impossible playthrough. Chapter 9, got my rig with full HP and the Plasma Gun with full DMG. Also using the Contact Beam cause it one shots some stuff without even upgrading it and the Rifle as an aux weapon. So far nothing really challenging. A couple of hick up sections but that's about it. No cheats.

Some tips: 

1. If you just saved and don't remember the level, run ahead, fearless, look at death in the eye and remember where all the enemies spawn then embrace death and plan the best way to proceed.

2. When finishing a mission/chapter you will have to mostly run back to the tram. Don't bother killing enemies here, stasis them and run past until u get to the tram. U gonna need that ammo later.

3. Shoot the fatties on the legs and then arms. DO NOT SHOOT THE BELLY or you will have a bday party with a lot of microfuckers.

Good luck out there.

200w.gif

• Like 1

I bought the Tank Suit which has a lot more armor, helped me get out of a couple tricky situations on my Impossible playthrough. 

Good luck on getting Dead Space 2, 3 and Extraction done. I hear Ignition is fairly easy but I don’t know if you care enough to get it. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1