PS4 blocks trophy notification popups while streaming

DARKB1KE

7 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

It's not just trophy notifications, but any notification. It's meant to protect privacy.

Yes we know that.  Messages could also contain NSFW/other in them so they should be blocked obviously, but makes no sense for trophies to be hidden. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

25 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I'm not going to haggle over what makes sense or not, I'm just pointing out the why: it's Sony's policy right now to blanket-mask all messages on streams. I'm not entirely sure why it's my responsibility to know that "we" already know that.

So you're implying that trophy notifications should be blocked in live streams?

Edited by Skeptical69

29 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Yes we know that.  Messages could also contain NSFW/other in them so they should be blocked obviously, but makes no sense for trophies to be hidden. 

If you're logged in with multiple users on the PS4 then the trophy notification will have your real name (if you were foolish enough to put your real name on your account). Of course they could've just blocked the person's name...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

So you're implying that trophy notifications should be blocked in live streams?

I'm questioning the importance. The PS4, by default, takes screenshots of when you receive the trophy. Your PSN shows when you received it. Anyone watching the video can see you doing the requirements, see the scrambled notification pop up, and assume that's what it is.

So yes, I'm curious as to just how much more validation trophy hunters need.

3 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

I know that certain trophy hunters use something like an Elgato HD Gaming Capture device. Have you thought about getting something similar?

i use an "avermedia live gamer portable", pretty cheap but absolutly fine good working capture card. Easy to install and avermedia has own capture program aswell (even if i prefer using OBS)

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

I just played Star Ocean 5, and Square Enix, for some reason, decided to block one thing in the game from recording... the credits roll! -_- Why? I have absolutely no idea. All the ending videos etc was not blocked, but the credits roll, blocked! :S 

20 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

I know that certain trophy hunters use something like an Elgato HD Gaming Capture device. Have you thought about getting something similar?

I don't see the point to buying expensive gear If I'm not making money from using it or running a monetized youtube channel or stream.

It's a great suggestion to use capture cards, that's how most people are doing it to get around the black squares.  But personally I can't afford it and don't see the point to getting it. 

21 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

If you're logged in with multiple users on the PS4 then the trophy notification will have your real name (if you were foolish enough to put your real name on your account). Of course they could've just blocked the person's name...

That's what is is.  I forgot that PS4 did that stupid real-name update.... such bullshit. 

That's why, it will show your real name up there in the trophy notification.  I made my "real name" my PSN name so I don't even think of that naturally.

Thanks for clearing it up!  So that is why they are using a black square to cover up real names.

20 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Anyone watching the video can see you doing the requirements, see the scrambled notification pop up, and assume that's what it is.

So yes, I'm curious as to just how much more validation trophy hunters need.

They don't know what trophy you are doing because it is blocked.

It's not about validation, it's about making recordings to share with others.  I want a nice clean video, not some watermarked mess.

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

It's not about validation, it's about making recordings to share with others.  I want a nice clean video, not some watermarked mess.

Oh, well that's easy to fix. Just turn the the notifications off. Ta-da! Nice clean video, no watermarked mess.

If you like, I can show you how to do it.

And Youtube allows you to put annotations onto your videos. I know, because I've seen me do it.

If you like, I can show you how to do that as well.

Edited by damon8r351

3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

I don't see the point to buying expensive gear If I'm not making money from using it or running a monetized youtube channel or stream.

It's a great suggestion to use capture cards, that's how most people are doing it to get around the black squares.  But personally I can't afford it and don't see the point to getting it. 

Its called "hobby" , you buy stuff without making money with it. If you dont see the point of thousand of YT or twitch channels without monetizing than you missed the point.

BTW there are very cheap capture cards, you dont have to buy 800 € professional ones.

Damon8r351 was actually giving you constructive feedback how to work around it. Sending him away just shows that you dont look for solving of the problem but just complaining about it.

It doesnt look like Sony is gonna change it anytime soon. So only two solutions are "deactivating notifications" or "capture screen with external device".

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

I don't think you get the point of this thread, so please leave.  None of your comments so far have been constructive or related to the topic. 

You have a problem and I just gave you a solution that doesn't involve petitions, banging your head uselessly against a Twitter wall, or buying extra equipment. I'm not sure you get the point of how human to human conversation works.

Nice to see PSNP hasn't changed a bit. People don't want solutions, they just want to complain. :D

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I'm not sure you get the point of how human to human conversation works. People don't want solutions, they just want to complain. :D

These two things contradict each other because people anywhere at anytime only bitch and complain to one another. MOST people are self absorbed and think about there personal problems rather than the other persons. 

On the side of this thread no amount of petitioning is going to get them to get rid of the god awful black shit box. Yeah, it sucks and is ugly on videos but the only real work around is to record videos rather than livestream on the internal ps4 capture settings, disable notifications during each individual stream which is annoying as fuck, or buy a capture card for as cheap as you can get it. I would personally recommend the capture card route if your serious into a hobby about making videos or streaming.

18 hours ago, Xionx said:

Damon8r351 was actually giving you constructive feedback how to work around it. Sending him away just shows that you dont look for solving of the problem but just complaining about it.

17 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

You have a problem and I just gave you a solution that doesn't involve petitions, banging your head uselessly against a Twitter wall, or buying extra equipment. I'm not sure you get the point of how human to human conversation works.

Nice to see PSNP hasn't changed a bit. People don't want solutions, they just want to complain. :D

Turning them off completely is NOT A SOLUTION.

That defeats the entire point of this thread which is to display them in full....

It is you who has the reading comprehension problem here. 

*sigh*

And spending money is NOT A SOLUTION.  Not all of us have money to spend frivolously. 

When it's something that SONY can patch and fix on their end because it's their software. 

16 hours ago, AydenBonnette said:

I would personally recommend the capture card route if your serious into a hobby about making videos or streaming.

And I'm not serious about streaming or capturing, so I'm looking for them to change it on their end. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

If you care enough about recording trophy pops, then you can buy a recording device, they can be as low as 80 dollars

39 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

And spending money is NOT A SOLUTION.  Not all of us have money to spend frivolously. 

You clearly have the money to spend frivolously on a gaming console and a library of titles to support it. 

• Like 2

On 23/01/2018 at 9:30 AM, MMDE said:

I just played Star Ocean 5, and Square Enix, for some reason, decided to block one thing in the game from recording... the credits roll! -_- Why? I have absolutely no idea. All the ending videos etc was not blocked, but the credits roll, blocked! :S 

Knowing Square it's probably due to licensing music, they have a long history with rights to use licensed music for their games, it's also why they can't re-release Crisis Core and why they previsiously had trouble releasing digital versions of FFXIII and the Kingdom Hearts games.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Knowing Square it's probably due to licensing music, they have a long history with rights to use licensed music for their games, it's also why they can't re-release Crisis Core and why they previsiously had trouble releasing digital versions of FFXIII and the Kingdom Hearts games.

Well, that's not the case of KH, seeing as that was over the use of Tarzan.

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

If you care enough about recording trophy pops, then you can buy a recording device, they can be as low as 80 dollars

You clearly have the money to spend frivolously on a gaming console and a library of titles to support it. 

Nah.  Was just showing some friends how to get a single trophy.  Don't need to spend money for a single trophy.

Don't have any more money the jobs all dried up.