Finally

PetertheKeeper

I feel the same way. Game itself is awesome, getting 100% didn't feel uncomfortable in any way. I've been thinking about getting PS3 version for 2nd platinum but that pile of games yet to start is always too big. You can grab it for around 5€ while it's on sale so I guess I'll get it next time. 

I really liked this one back when it came out on PS4, but I'm a huge fan of the Ridley Scott vision of the Alien universe so I really loved how Creative Assembly captured the essence of that in the game. Definitely one of my favorite PS4 games even if it didn't find as much success as it deserved.

On 23.01.2018 at 7:09 PM, Burkhard_lycan said:

I refused to use a guide

You're one stubborn son of a bitch.

13 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

playing it with headphones

Yeah, the sound is awesome. I'm playing on Nightmare right now (no deaths and no kills). Really awesome, but not that challenging at all. If there was something like Heroic difficulty or Hardcore mode, it would have been so much better.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 4:00 AM, MAKAPOB_ said:

You're one stubborn son of a bitch.

Yeah, the sound is awesome. I'm playing on Nightmare right now (no deaths and no kills). Really awesome, but not that challenging at all. If there was something like Heroic difficulty or Hardcore mode, it would have been so much better.

I think the major issue with the difficulty in the game is that typically all you have to do is not get caught. It sounds easy to say it,but any person who has played this game multiple times will know that the game is riddled with cheese spots and tactics to not get caught by anything. If a difficulty mode came out where the Alien was quicker on your ass, or maybe more than one at a time, it would be more interesting.

12 hours ago, Burkhard_lycan said:

I think the major issue with the difficulty in the game is that typically all you have to do is not get caught. It sounds easy to say it,but any person who has played this game multiple times will know that the game is riddled with cheese spots and tactics to not get caught by anything. If a difficulty mode came out where the Alien was quicker on your ass, or maybe more than one at a time, it would be more interesting.

There was also the save exploit where you could quit out if you knew you were about to die, reload and it didn’t count as a death. I used that myself a few times on the facehugger sections 

23 hours ago, Burkhard_lycan said:

I think the major issue with the difficulty in the game is that typically all you have to do is not get caught. It sounds easy to say it,but any person who has played this game multiple times will know that the game is riddled with cheese spots and tactics to not get caught by anything.

I don't remember any cheese spots (only random glitches that I encountered), the game is not hard without them. I played it twice and most of the time on Nightmare, I just ran past the enemies (the only difficult part was when androids began to hunt people down). Sometimes they caught me with a single headshot. Alien is easy to deal with, if you utilize the tactic of walking backwards with Flamethrower ready. He will never charge at you. He may not even appear, if you move while crouching, but only before some script happens.

Edited by MAKAPOB_

Yeah I really enjoyed this game it takes so much from the films and I just think they got the horror aspect spot on especially for this day and age. Was tense as hell at some stages with the beeping of the tracker I normally hate games where you are defensless and just running away from stuff but in AI you have at least somethings to scare off or divert the alien. I regret not picking it up on release, think I may be because I got the Evil Within instead which I also love. 

If I could get the trophies again I would love that the only trophy I didn't enjoy going for was the die 100 times by the alien. 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:51 AM, turpinator1986 said:

There was also the save exploit where you could quit out if you knew you were about to die, reload and it didn’t count as a death. I used that myself a few times on the facehugger sections 

Guilty here as well.

Edited by Burkhard_lycan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Burkhard_lycan said:

Guilty here as well.

What's all about that "guilty" part? You did't copy your save in cloud/USB devise. If there was a mod, where you could only load and save at the begining of the level (hello, Shadow Warrior), than fine.

12 hours ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

What's all about that "guilty" part? You did't copy your save in cloud/USB devise. If there was a mod, where you could only load and save at the begining of the level (hello, Shadow Warrior), than fine.

He means he also used the exploit to avoid having a death count on the playthrough 

• 1 year later...

I know this is a fairly old post now, but I'm finally closing in on the platinum myself. Unless I just royally screw up, I should be getting it in the next couple of days. Just finished chapter sixteen this morning on my no death run. Pretty much told myself if I could make it through the Nest without messing up, I felt the rest of the game would be no problem.

On 1/23/2018 at 11:03 AM, Skadoki said:

Somehow avoided this game since the release - doesn't look too hard and whenever I watch a "Top X hardest/rarest trophies" there's always AI on the list.

That's kind of surprising to me, actually. It's not the easiest game to platinum, but I also don't feel it's that hard either. Most, if not all, of the trophies aren't all that bad. Maybe the ones for beating the game without dying and not dying in the Nest can be on the tense side, but the rest were fairly easy to get I thought.

Edited by ColossalAvenger