Live action Duke Nukem movie in talks

Stargazer2600

So I found out that there is a possible live action Duke Nukem movie in the talks. Its supposed to have Bays name on it and WWE star John Cena is supposed to be Duke. Now at first I thought it was click bait, until Duke Nukem voice actor Jon St John mainly confirmed its not, its really in the talks and those two are involved. St John is NOT happy. He says it be best if Duke was done in a CGI fashion and rated R. St John has gone on his personal FB and blown up about the movie. Fans have already started a petition already started to stop the movie from going past talk.

what do you guys think?

link to announcement
Jon St John comments on movie

It seems like a match made in heaven.

Duke Nukem is the worst character in videogames, and Michael Bay makes the worst movies in Hollywood, so I’m sure it will be a resounding success....

I mean, other than the fact that there has literally never been a film made from a videogame that comes anywhere close to watchable.

And that Michael Bay only makes films exclusively for people with the intellectual capacity of a bucket of water.

And that Platinum Dunes is a dumping ground, even by Bay’s standards, through which he pumps out all the low budget chud and jump-scare heavy, franchise ending ‘reboots’ of old horror movies.

And that Duke Nukem is the only one of the old FPS games to not have a good reboot recently.

And that Duke has no distinguishing features or characteristics, aside from sort of being who Donald Trump likes to thinks he is when he is daydreaming.

And that John Cena is not an actor.

And that when he tries to act, it is horribly painful and everyone feels bad for him.

But I say go for it! 

Good job Bay!

I can’t wait for it to come out. Obviously I won’t watch it, but I bet I’ll enjoy reading the reviews :)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Duke Nukem is the worst character in videogames, and Michael Bay makes the worst movies in Hollywood, so I’m sure it will be a resounding success....

LOL. I never had any exposure to Duke Nukem until the ill-fated re-release of that Duke Nukem 3-D piece of crap (which, apparently, followed an even-more ill-fated release of a game called Duke Nukem Forever that people say is one of the worst games ever).

58 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So I found out that there is a possible live action Duke Nukem movie in the talks. Its supposed to have Bays name on it and WWE star John Cena is supposed to be Duke. Now at first I thought it was click bait, until Duke Nukem voice actor Jon St John mainly confirmed its not, its really in the talks and those two are involved. St John is NOT happy. He says it be best if Duke was done in a CGI fashion and rated R. St John has gone on his personal FB and blown up about the movie. Fans have already started a petition already started to stop the movie from going past talk.

what do you guys think?

link to announcement
Jon St John comments on movie

Jon St. John should become a movie producer. He would fit right in a world where Ben Hur gets updated to be an action spectacle.

• Like 1

It's been in the works for literally decades at this point.

I think more than anything else, if it finally does actually happen, I'm of two minds.

On the first, a full blown Duke movie full of swears and titties and just bullshit, it could be great in the current social culture and Duke coming back to kick the shit out of everything nowadays would be badass as fuck.

But on the other hand, bringing Duke into the modern times, you could do it in a way where he gets pulled up on his shit and shown how much of a dinosaur he is and it could offer a moment of growth for him as a genre trope and whatnot.

Though since Michael Bay somehow got his grubby mits on it, I doubt the second has any chance of ever happening.

Either way, I feel we'll be talking about this more in PM's later on after I have a nap, because I am too damn tired to do a full on piece about Duke right now, dude.

• Like 1

Not getting my hopes up over this.  There are some exceptions, but movies based on videogames are often not that great.  Resident Evil's movie series actually turned out good.

Super Mario Bros. totally blew it, thanks in part to some lousy casting choices.  Same for both Street Fighters.  Then there are the two House of the Dead movies.  Yuck.

Got to agree with St. John.  Surely it'd be best if movies based on VGs went CGI, especially as recognizable characters from the game franchise will appear in them. 

While DN Forever is not totally bad, it's still a letdown. If you're thinking about buying it, wait until it goes on sale.

As long as the studio is prepared to be attacked by certain groups as 'problematic' among other now worthless words, then I don't see the problem. Unless they don't make it accurate to what DN is. It could work as a movie with the right writers.

Edited by Elvick_

• 1 month later...