Game freezes, any thoughts?

DeadStanley

I've contacted the developer and they have no precedent for this issue happening. Messing around on my own I've been able to avoid this issue by doing two things. Whether of not they are both necessary, I can't say, but I had these two conditions changed when it worked.

1. I had the game installed on an external hard drive. I moved the installation back to the PS4 factory internal hard drive.
  2. I had gamma correction set at 1.5. I turned this back to the 1.0 default.

Moving on with the game I came across the issue again, but when doing the corrupt mansion crow trophy. When one of the crows exploded the game froze. This time the only difference I had was my gamma correction raised back up to 1.5. The game was still installed on the factory internal hard drive from before. Dropping the gamma to 1.0 seemed to fix this issue.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Just had same problem playing on PS5 from external hard drive, happened twice in a row, game froze up right as I destroyed the 6th crystal in the hospital. Had to hard restart my PS5 the first time as when I tried to close the game after going back to the desktop, it completely froze up.  Second time I just PS’d to desktop and shut down the PS5 without closing the app. Moved my save to the cloud and I’ll try it on PS4 from internal drive in the next couple of days.