Trophies Bugged?

• 4 months later...
On 1/29/2018 at 1:02 PM, Stormwarrior90 said:

Yes they dont pop even after I finish the game with more than 1200 kills and all maps discovered,in the third run they finally pop

Damn really? I'm about to start this game, any advice about how to tackle the Maps and Kill trophies? 

• 1 year later...

Definitely a buggy trophy list. Just got the "From the Clouds to the Depths" trophy after killing Turisulfus in the Llengrath fight in Act 2 despite the fact you can't kill Sky Dragon until Act 3. This game is also crashing ridiculously often when travelling between different locations. This great game deserves a better port. :( 

Edited by thelapsukainen

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, Aeternull said:

Is this game still bugged?

I never had a problem with getting any of the trophies to pop but the game did crash alot so be sure to backup your saves from time to time ...... Regarding the Super Murderer trophy the kill counter is counting all kills including those from companions but i believe you need to kill 1200 enemies with your main character for the trophy.

Edited by Game_Knot

• 2 months later...
On 03/03/2021 at 8:25 PM, Game_Knot said:

Regarding the Super Murderer trophy the kill counter is counting all kills including those from companions but i believe you need to kill 1200 enemies with your main character for the trophy.

Is this really how it's supposed to work? I can't find any other details about the specifics for this trophy online and I'm starting to get concerned that my main character won't rack up enough kills in this playthrough.

Edit: I think I'm back on track. I edited the party AI Script to be Defensive/ Defend Self so my Main Character wouldn't lose out on any kills.

Edited by bikeman223

• 1 year later...

Can confirm that the game is still HEAVILY bugged.

Did everything in the stronghold -> no trophy.

Recruited every companions -> no trophy.

Killed over 2000 ennemies -> no trophy, but unlocked the relative pacifist one.

Completely lost, don't know what the heck is going on. ?

• 1 month later...

Just finished the game yesterday and I can confirm that a lot of trophies are still bugged.
The main cause for that seems to be that the counter for the specific trophies is only held alive as long as your game session lasts. -> If you exit the game your progress is gone.

True Achievements mentions this fact at the top of each affected trophy: "This achievement must be earned in one run without exiting the game."

See here:
https://www.trueachievements.com/a237053/all-upgrades-in-stronghold-achievement
https://www.trueachievements.com/a237066/the-watcher-with-eight-friends-achievement
https://www.trueachievements.com/a237056/explorer-achievement

This also seems to be the case for Enchanter, Chef, Scribe, Alchemist and Trappy. For Enchanter I can confirm that I had one or two items enchanted already on my savegame and had enchanted five items in one go to earn the trophy.

I can't confirm this for the the Explorer trophy as I may have missed locations and the statement in the trophy guide that you could use White March Locations as replacement could be wrong (as I have visited every location there). So you have to visit every locations listed in the linked guide on Steam.

From the Clouds to the Depths popped when I only killed the Alpine Dragon. The cause could be that the trophy was programmed in a lazy way and only counts the number of killed dragons as I had killed the Alpine dragon in White March before.

Some further annotations:
I haven't earned Storied Adventurer because I'm missing a Legendary one. I suspect that this trophy also suffers the session problem but I still have to confirm this. True Achievements again states "This achievement must be earned in one run without exiting the game.": https://www.trueachievements.com/a237058/the-storied-adventurer-achievement

The fights against dragons only seem to be a problem on difficulties higher then Story Time. With level 15 characters I only put my mage and ranged weapon-users on a distant spot, killed the supporting NPCs first and then concentrated on the dragons while from time to time used Durance or Second Wind to heal my characters.

Super Murderer: I played around 75% of the game on Normal and switched to Story Time after I finished nearly everything of the base game and only had Siege of Crägholdt, the Endless Paths of Od Nua and White March left. I ended up with around 3,000 kills. So even if you play on Story Time with a reduced number of spawning enemies you should easily reach 1,200. Here True Achievemnts states also "This achievement must be earned in one run without exiting the game." but I strongly have to disagree with this (a comment there also says so) because my game crashed multiple times getting closer to the end of the game and I exited it multiple times manually before. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I planned to try to load the savegames I have from the most recent version with the 1.00 disc version but I doubt that they the game retroeactively pops the trophies. Maybe I would need a savestate where I only have to recruit the last missing character or build the last stronghold upgrade. In case of the stronghold it could be that getting an upgrade destroyed by attacking enemies and rebuilding it could cause the trophy to pop. Explorer could be triggered by just visiting an unexplored location while already having 152 locations discoverd (the trophy guide stated that White March location [in past version!?] where counted). But I don't now the actual implementation I just have to try and report the results. But also I think I read somewhere that 1.00 crashes with savegames from newer versions.

But in any case it just should be patched as without the disc you are screwed and it shouldn't be that big of a fix to just check the list of information in the savegame directly after loading it and popping the trophies or restore the old implementation of the trophy check. And I know: Very unlikely.

Edit: I tried to load four savegames from 1.07 with the the 1.00 disc version and all crashed at around 50% of the loading process.

Edited by Harrowed23
New information...

• 2 weeks later...

The game is legacy, no works on it anymore and nobody won't in the future. It won't be patched, there is no doubt about it unfortunately.

Indeed you can't load 1.07 save with a 1.00 version of the game. You need a fresh start, speedrunning all the way until you did what was impossible to unlock in 1.07.

Edited by Bearded_Jay

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say I played on the current version on PS5 with minimal problems. It did crash about 7 times, but only on loading screens before auto saves so nothing was corrupted(save before leaving a map just in case). Load times on PS5 weren't bad and every trophy unlocked as expected. I did use rest mode here and there, but it doesn't look like everything has to be done in one run. 

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues, but I was surprised I had none other than the crashes. 

9 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Just wanted to say I played on the current version on PS5 with minimal problems. It did crash about 7 times, but only on loading screens before auto saves so nothing was corrupted(save before leaving a map just in case). Load times on PS5 weren't bad and every trophy unlocked as expected. I did use rest mode here and there, but it doesn't look like everything has to be done in one run. 

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues, but I was surprised I had none other than the crashes. 

To clarify, this thread is specifically about certain trophies that present trouble being unlocked, allegedly because the counters that keep track of them seem to reset every time the console turns off (and not just quit out of the game).

I see you got the platinum, can you specify if you were running the latest version of the game or an unpatched disc version? Also did you ever fully turn off your console in-between, or just rest mode? The forums of the Xbox sites claim that using their own rest mode does prevent the counter from resetting, though we have no relevant reports for PlayStation so far.

8 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

To clarify, this thread is specifically about certain trophies that present trouble being unlocked, allegedly because the counters that keep track of them seem to reset every time the console turns off (and not just quit out of the game).

I see you got the platinum, can you specify if you were running the latest version of the game or an unpatched disc version? Also did you ever fully turn off your console in-between, or just rest mode? The forums of the Xbox sites claim that using their own rest mode does prevent the counter from resetting, though we have no relevant reports for PlayStation so far.

I thought I already answered that in my post...

Just wanted to say I played on the current version on PS5

Digital download on current version, whatever that is. Played online at all times.

I did use rest mode here and there, but it doesn't look like everything has to be done in one run.

I used rest mode to suspend the game through the middle of the game, like from mid act 1 through most of act 2...mostly though I closed the game to play other games. I did not ever power cycle the PS5 if that's what you mean. So I closed application multiple times, but never fully turned off the PS5...I doubt that it matters TBH. The game crashed a few times and was closed manually multiple times on the way through the grindy stuff like Explorer, Storied, and Murderer.

Again, not saying this game doesn't have issues...just letting people know that everything unlocked as expected for me. I almost didn't play it cuz it looked like it might be a hassle, but maybe luck was on my side.

I also didn't encounter any of the bugs related to trophies. They all popped when they were supposed to. No rest mode either; I quit the game and shut down the console after each session. This was playing the game with latest version on a Ps5. It seems that's the best chance at getting all the trophies with no issues. No real way to confirm that 100% though but me and ThatDrunkguy are like the 4th and 5th people I know who got the platinum that way.

• Like 2

I can also confirm that trophies that should be using counters (Disposition, Companions, Stronghold upgrades) seemed to pop normally for me. I'm playing the PS+ Extra version on the PS4 and shut down the console fully after each session.

I didn't actually gather enough kills for Super Murderer on my first playthrough, but I didn't get Pacifist either, so that counter should be working as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 9:09 AM, Bearded_Jay said:

An update released recently ? I can't figure out why everything is back normal for most people after being ultra buggy !

I just noticed that the people in the "Why is this an ultra rare" thread talking about bugged counters were all talking about v1.08.

Current patch of the PS+ Extra version is v1.07. It looks like they rolled back to a previous version to add it to the Extra library.

Edit: Can you confirm whether you own the game or are using the Extra version?

Edited by NamoPh

I played this year's ago and got the trophy for killing sky dragon and arda dragon. But had killed the west March dragon. Not arda. (Never did. Bitch was hard!)

Think I'm on 3rd playthru. And haven't gotten all areas.

The load times are crazy and needing to go into every closet nook an cranie makes it a grind.

Fun game tho! I need to get back to it.

- killing under 175 monsters will be tricky.