Should I get this game?

So back when I had the choice of choosing this or friday the 13th, I chose F13 cause Jason was my all time favorite slasher. However, over time I seen this game has gotten myers, freddy, jigsaw, leather face, etc and it really has me wondering if I made the wrong choice. I have heard from some people that the game is not boosting friendly (like overwatch) and boosting trophies is very hard. I have also watched videos and I must say that the game looks like it swings heavily in favor of the killer. That all being said, I do like the first person of it and it seems to shine in areas where F13 kinda failed. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a fair yay or nay on the game

My opinion would be dont let pixels be the definitive reason for you chooing to play a game or not. You can always play it on an alternate account if youre that concerned about trophy progression. Play what you want. Play what you like. Enjoy games for what they are, brain stimulation, not because they offer meaningless rewards such as trophies. At the end of the day, trophy hunters are the minority of gamers and are still not fully accepted by the legions of casual gamers and they dont care about your profile or how many trophies you may or may not have. I say play it, it seems to offer what you enjoy and isnt that what matters most to us at the end of the day, a gaming company produced something that we individuals wanted in a game, something fun, fresh, new and exciting

• Like 3

I have them both and can say that dbd is definitely the superior title out of them both, mainly because of how they've set up the matchmaking,
I get annoyed at ft13 because of its random choice of killer/host where dbd lets u choose the side u want and always makes the killer the host so there's less chance of dc's from a game whn ppl are killed.
but gameplay wise i enjoy them both.

It might look like DBD favours the killer but actually the opposite is true.

If you play wth friends you have a huge advantage over the killer, and if you play solo, assuming you don't make obviously bad plays your teammates will get you killed more than the killer will on his own.

The diffrence in player attitudes and playstyles are very different every few ranks and I'd advise to turn messaging from randoms off.

Survivors have far more perks and tools to keep them alive than the killer has to help catch them.

If you ever see people saying Nurse is best killer, they mean on PC lol She's incredibly difficult to aim on console.

1 hour ago, Leenewbe said:

I have them both and can say that dbd is definitely the superior title out of them both, mainly because of how they've set up the matchmaking,
I get annoyed at ft13 because of its random choice of killer/host where dbd lets u choose the side u want and always makes the killer the host so there's less chance of dc's from a game whn ppl are killed.
but gameplay wise i enjoy them both.

is it like f13 where everyone wants the killer and if they arnt the killer they leave?

4 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

I can definitely advice you to get Dead by Daylight. Played it for 400+ hours, and I still haven't gotten tired of it. One of my favourite games of all time, and I've played quite a few. Dead by Daylight is more cooperatively based than F13 for example.

Agree wholeheartedly. I picked it up thinking it seemed cool and because it has many horror icons, but I've sunk who knows how many hours into it. As far as a game just for trophies, the grind is enormous but it will be very enjoyable too. Hell even my wife will get home and say 'can you play DBD' since she enjoys watching.

• 6 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 7:11 AM, jackmadrox said:

I think I'll be getting this game soon. But yeah, from what I'm hearing and seeing, the community is extremely toxic and salty, so turning off your messages from random people would probably be a good idea.

Oh, the community is exactly that. Just a heads up, but the devs are also currently going through a "balance" phase and so killers are now getting buffed while a few main survivor perks are getting debuffed.