Most Painful Trophy ever earned

CJ_Mystery

5 hours ago, jrdemr said:

considering the servers kick you off for times on end for no reason and some players are sometimes unable to join your session - also for no reason. Even if you do manage to get everyone together, some people are either idiots, assholes or just leave the session too fast.

With PS4 online multiplayer like this, it's no wonder Nintendo is hemming and hawing about having online multiplayer for the Nintendo Switch. xD These are great stories, folks. ;)

4 hours ago, jrdemr said:

but since I can also just make an offline backup, I don't really care all that much.

You can make offline backup saves on your games? How?! It would so save me the time downloading PS Plus to pop the platinums of two games I have! (These games force autosave in the middle of stuff so you have to have a backup save so you don't have to start over from the beginning.)

4 hours ago, cckerberos said:

I was fortunate enough to do this first try back on the PS2. But it and the lightning dodging are why I haven't picked up the HD version of FFX.

I'm with you there, cckerberos. Picked up the Vita version, played for an hour, then realized "There are trophies for 100%" and immediately deleted my Vita account. :( I loved FFX and FFX-2, but FFX never gave me much desire to 100% (I never used Lulu so I avoided Lightning Dodging like the plague) and FFX-2 was ruined by the addition of the rogue-like extra story. Don't get me wrong, rogue-like games are okay in some circumstanes. I've completed the main story in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Rangers, Explorers of Sky and Gates of Mystery... but I'm just not a fan of the genre.

38 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

You can make offline backup saves on your games? How?! It would so save me the time downloading PS Plus to pop the platinums of two games I have! (These games force autosave in the middle of stuff so you have to have a backup save so you don't have to start over from the beginning.)

There's an option to save onto a physical USB drive in the same menu as saving to the PS+ Cloud. You can just put the USB drive into one of the USB slots on the front of the Playstation. 

You can also keep multiple save points for games that only allow one save, you just need multiple USB drives to put them on. 

My most painful trophy is King of the Hill from Need for Speed: SHIFT 2. Several weekends in a row boosting that. Fortunately I had a great group to do this with! I was unable to join them the first few weekends due to real life conflicts, so by the time I joined the "earn it and run" crowd had already mostly been eliminated (I back filled one of those spots), so those who were there from the beginning had an even rougher time earning it than I did. 

Edited by SolarCat02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

With PS4 online multiplayer like this, it's no wonder Nintendo is hemming and hawing about having online multiplayer for the Nintendo Switch. xD These are great stories, folks. ;)

This was on the PS3 ? As @Simple Rick said, there's (luckily) no online multiplayer for the PS4 version of Brotherhood.

55 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

48 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

There's an option to save onto a physical USB drive in the same menu as saving to the PS+ Cloud. You can just put the USB drive into one of the USB slots on the front of the Playstation. 

You can also keep multiple save points for games that only allow one save, you just need multiple USB drives to put them on.

I personally just backup my entire console every January 1st. But that works, too.

3 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials

59S03ca73.png Daredevil :bronze:

Anyone who's got this knows exactly what I'm talking about.

In fact, the entire DLC was the worst gaming experience I've ever had since it was more luck than anything else. And it's probably the only reason 100% for this game is at 0.25%.

Luckily I got that one pretty quick. For me it was this annoying luck based trophy.

54L46c5e9.png

By my hand alone.

Ugh, I just couldn't do it so I took a year long break from this game. Got it eventually though. The dunwall city trials were a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

18Sad766f.png40-bronze.png

Final Fantasy X HD 

Chocobo Rider
Win a race with a catcher chocobo with a total time of 0:0:0

Date achieved 13/04/2017

This mini game has the most broken controls i have ever encountered you literally wrestle against the Dualshock or the Vita (i was attempting the trophy on all three formats) like you tell the damn bird to go one way it goes the other balls and seagulls literally flying in your face and slowing you down oh my god hours and hours of attempting this shitty trophy and it was the last one i needed for poppin the plat

This defiantly is the worst at #1

Honourable mentions 

40Sb9b7c8.png

Date Achieved 31/10/2016

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Nothin' But a Good Time  (Destroy 200 objects in Co-Op) 

Since this game is so glitchy and mostly broken the online portion was just frustrating this popped for me after around 320 objects destroyed

29S01fa11.png

Date Achieved 18/01/2016

Destiny - Flawless Raider (Complete a Raid without anyone in your fireteam dying)

this basically has to be done in one sitting ideally will be easier with players who know the raid inside out and are experienced tried doing this with trophy hunters and failed a lot, did this with my clan a few spent about 10 hours on a Monday just doing it until the victory cheers roared down the mic of everyone screaming when Crota finally fell the amount of people jumping off the map and killing themselves after the trophy popped was hilarious one of my favourite moments as a gamer. 

yeah that chocobo race omfg, the 200 lightning is also kinda a pain in the arse since i ruined the run somewhere at 140 160 or so xD

anyone tried goat simulator the flappy goat trophy? sat on that for HOURS 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

This was on the PS3 ? As @Simple Rick said, there's (luckily) no online multiplayer for the PS4 version of Brotherhood.

Unfortunately it’s only going to be harder to get those trophies as time goes on. 

If Brotherhood was new and had active players? Sure, I’d do it legit. It would take me a long time but I would do it. Today you HAVE to boost and that AEotM (Abstergo Employee of the Month) trophy requires a good, coordinated group with at least one or two people with a mic. 

I have a few other games with multiplayer trophies requiring boosting and I quite simply don’t have the time. Got a big backlog of games AND I’ve slowed down a lot from work and school. 

As much as I would like to have an account near 100 percent, it simply isn’t going to happen.

• Like 1

I had two games with very painful trophies. 1. Dead Space 2-trophy to finish game on 3 saves. i was like almost at the moment when i was going to make a 1st save and ding. dead.again. Almost there,killed millions necromorphs..i feel like a bad ass and ding..dead in some stupid flying scene..it was a hell :D 2. Evil Within hardest difficulty. there was a chick-boss and i was fighting her like 2 days because i didnt use parts for crossbow arrows. i felt i will need them later. later on at the end of game i had over 100 parts :/ About AC brotherhood mp yeah its so boring but i had a great boosting team so we laugh all the time.

Edited by DarthDeathscythe
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

regret ever putting this game into my PS3.

Ouch. From the salty language you vomited out and the fact you still haven't gotten the trophy shows how terrible this game is. Lucky for me I'll have to be put at gunpoint to do any multiplayer games (except Splatoon 2 and FFXIV, because they are cool) because that game looks to be a horrible train wreck that bankrupted the company that made it. Well, there are always the lowest common denominators of every genre. ?

My most painful trophy had to be from Digimon All-Stars Rumble. Specifically Cards Complete :gold:, which requires to to collect all 200 Digi Cards. Between my penultimate trophy and this one was 60+ hours of pure gameplay, plus a few months off the game because I started to not have any fun. But I came back and polished it off for what remains my only UR :platinum:. I’d rather go back to Cyber Sleuth and collect all 500 DigiMedals again.

I suppose I could name a couple. 

Demon Boy (Super Meat Boy) 

This required over 12 hours of constant practice and retrying the same levels over and over until I finally got the trophy. 

Extremely painful. I can’t tell you how many times I beat 15 - 18 levels in a row WITHOUT dying only to die on a stupid mistake on the last couple. Start over from the beginning. 

At least you are free to choose what order of levels you want to do first, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that you have to beat all 20 levels in Hell Dark World without dying. 

As many people know, the Dark worlds are significantly more difficult than the Light worlds. You really need to be quick and have very fast reactions. But Demon Boy now stands as my rarest trophy at an extremely low 0.21 percent. 

The worst thing about this is I have three more worlds I have to beat WITHOUT dying to get the platinum. It’s going to take some time. 

======

War Hero (Call of Duty Classic)

Beat Veteran difficulty. Any Call of Duty player knows there is Veteran difficulty. But while all other games except WWII have regenerative health, Veteran difficulty offers no healthpacks. 

No healthpacks, and you have a health bar. This means you can only take one - two shots at most before checkpoints don’t work because you are too low of health. Some levels are lengthy like Eder Dam and you are going in solo. Enemies rarely miss their shots and they deal A LOT of damage. 

The entire difficulty is a cheapshot and it was very painful bypassing certain sections. Easily one of the hardest FPS campaigns I have beaten. The British missions were very tough and painful. Since the difficulties don’t stack you have to beat the game three times. So you might as well go for Regular and Hardened difficulties first before tackling Veteran. 

Good luck. I died 570 times on my run.

15 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Ouch. From the salty language you vomited out and the fact you still haven't gotten the trophy shows how terrible this game is. Lucky for me I'll have to be put at gunpoint to do any multiplayer games (except Splatoon 2 and FFXIV, because they are cool) because that game looks to be a horrible train wreck that bankrupted the company that made it. Well, there are always the lowest common denominators of every genre. ?

Nope, the company who made it (it was published by Namco) was Saber Interactive, who is still active today who developed such classics as Inversion, Will Rock, TimeShift, R.I.P.D The Game, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: TMCC, and of course the PS3 classic Battle: Los Angeles video game.

The only ones that physically hurt me were Zico HD from Wipeout and Crash time trials, since I did most of them within just a few days. I had to put a bandage on my left middle finger to keep playing and my left thumb was pretty worn out too. I noticed the PS4 dualshock has this sharp edge under the shoulder buttons, but it has never been a problem with RPGs and the like before. I'm not sure if they were the most difficult, but I recall them hurting me the most.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mecharobot said:

The only ones that physically hurt me were Zico HD from Wipeout and Crash time trials, since I did most of them within just a few days. I had to put a bandage on my left middle finger to keep playing and my left thumb was pretty worn out too. I noticed the PS4 dualshock has this sharp edge under the shoulder buttons, but it has never been a problem with RPGs and the like before. I'm not sure if they were the most difficult, but I recall them hurting me the most.

Ouch. I wasn't talking about literally painful! ?

Reminds me of the lawsuits mothers hit Nintendo with after Mario Party 1 came out and all the kiddies destroyed their controllers and their hands doing the analog stick rotating minigames. :(

• Like 1

The one that nearly killed my fingers is the endless setlist 3 on rockband 3, beat it the first time no trophy because i skipped a song by mistake after completing it, got it the next day, so almost 16 hours of playing. 

cod classic nearly killed my soul, that damn truck level which got me killed many times, and the boat level. cod world at war really tested my skills at the square level where you have to destroy the AA guns.

medal of honor frontline on hard was pretty tough.

brotherhood took me almost 3 years to find good players with headsets to get all bonus and level up.

dead space 2 and 3 on hardcore, cant tell you how many times i killed myself because i was not careful.

• Like 1

Tower of babble in call of duty black ops 2 i think still reigns supreme for me.

me and a few friends spent almost 3 weeks straight trying to get it (back when the game first released and the guides for completing it were still uncertain)

it was the definitive reason why my blu ray drive in my ps3 shit the bed which inevitably needed to be replaced

we would try for literally 10 hours a day for almost 3 weeks straight until we finally nailed it

i still still remember the “YESSSS!!!” That roared from me when we got it

me and 2 others were constantly going for it

and one day the 3rd member had to run some errands so me and the other guy were like, “you wanna give it a go?”

and we did it without our 3rd, we instantly synced our trophies so when he came back online he would see we got it, lmao

kind of a dickhead thing to do but it was funny as hell when he got in our party chat later that day and was cussing us out, he was pissed!!!

Out of courtesy we did offer to help him get it since he did spend 3 weeks of his life trying to help us but he ended up partying up with someone else and getting it 

theres probably a couple other trophies that were a bitch but nothing gave me nightmares like this one

On 1/25/2018 at 8:45 AM, WorldsBestSpy said:

Still not done with it but the pain this game has caused over the course of 10 months is fucking unbearable. I introduce you to Inversion (2012).

50Leab045.png 

Feats Don't Fail Me Now : Complete all basic multiplayer challenges.

Basic is the biggest fucking understatement in the history of everything ever. To get this trophy, you have to get thousands of kills, 250 matches in almost all of the game modes  (save for survival but I'll get into that one into a bit.) You say that isn't bad, right? Except this game was dead on arrival and never had a player base. So you have to get people, 2 in some modes, 4 in others, hell 6 in tdm for one particular feat which you need at least 8 because you need to be on a team of 6 and be #1. Couple that with one mode that does not appear regularly, Grav Control. You'll be lucky to get the damn mode 5 times a day because its gonna be King of Gravity/ Gravity Slaughter the rest of the time. Did I mention how long it has taken me? 10 months and I am still not done, despite countless days and hours I left it on overnight to even get some modes. Survival in particular needs only 30 matches, BUT they fuck you over with a challenge where you have to kill an enemy that appears in only 1 map exactly 3 times. Max. So, unless your partners are cool with it, you are getting 1 a match, or 3. So you're gonna do this mode more than 30 no matter what. I'm not even half way with this feat. There is a whole shit ton of more feats you need to do, ranging from basic, to fucking terrible. There are 183 basic challenges to complete.  Here is the complete list for those curious. I just need this mode and I am done. God help me.

I regret ever putting this game into my PS3. I wanted at that time to boost every game I got since I had just started my platinum hunting career. I bought Inversion for 3 dollars at Target , in the clearance bin. I didnt even bother to look up what the requirements were. It will be a reminder for me that I should always look up a game I had no idea was a mediocre at best Gears of War clone. It's worth the 3 bucks for the somewhat enjoyable campaign (that honestly overstays its welcome) but fuck the MP. Its not even such a bad MP. Its kinda fun. But fuck these feats. 

Other than that, I'm going to guess my upcoming Killzone 2 boosting will be annoying. But right now, inversion is the upper echelon of bullshit.

Just wanna give an update on this. I achieved today and the 800000k XP trophies. I am finally finished with the online multiplayer. Everything I need now lies within the co op and can be done within 2 hours with the shortcut. 

I just wanna say thank you to all my group members who pushed me through and helped along the way. Mori, Jaded, Choco, Queen Voy, AQWA, Ibrahim,Nash, Ky-ller, Lennoks, seanquan, Poe, DBB, and of course The Old Man, Karitaru. Literallt would not have finished without you guys. I was blasting The Final Countdown on the last map that needed to be completed cause I knew it was the last one I needed. I just wanna say that run on Burial Grounds was legitamately surreal. Everything that had to go right went right and then the trophy popped. I was ecstatic. I was screaming in relief.

Also, a quick note. I said in my post there is an enemy you need to kill 100 times that only appears 3 times per match. This is incorrect. Apparently, leaving the main enemy alive spawns an infinite amount more. I grinded it within 10 minutes and it was at that moment i realized it was finally coming to a close. Long as you dont kill the main securitybot (which you only need 10 of) you can grind the other smaller drones (100 of them, I was at 30.)

I feel... liberated. 10 months... and its over.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy
Typos
  • Like 1

If I get it today... 

'Crysis, what crysis?' Reach Level 50 in MP

I've been grinding and boosting this trophy everyday for nearly 2 weeks but we have a random at the moment who by his own admission is just purposely fucking our game up, took me 12 hours yesterday to rank up 1 level, I'm level 49 now so I'm hoping I can reach the goal before he fucks it up for us once more :/ 

On 25/01/2018 at 1:21 PM, Kristmas2 said:

Uncharted 3:

Collector
Complete the Antiquity Treasure Set

Hoarder
Complete the Artifact Treasure Set

Its hard to explain those trophies - its pure hell - you need to play a lot online in all variations, and have a loooots, plenty of luck - treasures are totaly random :) But having Uncharted 3 at 100% is worth it!

+1

Just awful. Luck based trophies are a sin and those who decide to include them in a trophy list should be sacked immediately and put on the sex offenders register.

• Like 1

Not sure about most painful ever because there are quite a few that could be in contention but I will go with my latest one which was to complete resident evil 7 on madhouse difficulty. I have never wanted to throw my controller and ps4 out of a window as much as I did playing this difficulty. I have done the other resident evils on there respective hardest difficulties but none gave me as much trouble as this did

I remember the pinball trophy in Duke Nukem Forever being an absolute bitch. You had to get a million points in probably the most broken pinball game I've ever played, and it took forever, no pun intended. 

Those Rooster Teeth people made a video of the dude rage quitting the game from the pinny and air hockey trophies, got a good laugh out of me.

• Like 1