Most Painful Trophy ever earned

CJ_Mystery

34L281d17.png

Final Fantasy XIII Treasure Hunter: Obtain every item

This trophy took a really long time as the drop rates were so low back when there was no easy mode (which increased the drop rate of normal drops to 95% so you could buy everything with platinum ingots). On just normal mode, this was a painfully long and tedious grind of turtle farming. I must have slayed hundereds of them. 

45L425db3.png

Tales of Vesperia: 称号コンプリート/ Get all titles

This was a painful one in that every single thing was missable. It just takes one scene or the smallest story progression to screw up and have to do another playthrough, so I had to play this game with a guide book glued to my face with the amount of missable sub events (where you earn titles), monsters and items (as there is titles linked to getting 100% monster and item book completion...), as well as titles of mastering every mini game, opening all the chests, winning the cooking contest etc. This trophy was linked to so many other trophies, so it took a very long time and needed immense care to not miss anything from the smallest scene, as it usually links to other sub events and eventually a title. 

9Lca62a7.png

Tales of Xillia 2: Use all the passive skills and partner abilities 400 times each for each of the 9 characters.

A huge and super boring grind. As each character had two skills, it was 800 times per character and there are 9 characters. The skills and abilities were also stupid ones that you had to trigger under specific conditions as opposed to just clicking a button, so it was super annoying.

20L623a89.png

FFXII TZA: Mistwalker: Use every Concurrence

This was sheer luck. I played about 90-100 hours of this game to get the platinum and used quickenings millions of times, with some chains up to 16. However, I only got black hole just once out of pure luck out of the thousand or so times. I'm glad I got it while I was still in the middle of getting other trophies, I'd hate to have this the last trophy and have to try grind it out for it as I would have probably given up on the plat if that were the case, with the odds being so low. Too much RNG style luck, Black hole just never happens.  

16 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

I feel... liberated. 10 months... and its over.

Definitely glad you made it through the Living Nightmare From Hell. Maybe I should tackle Monster Hunter World and get a boost group for the 100 online quests. ^_^

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

20L623a89.png

FFXII TZA: Mistwalker: Use every Concurrence

This was sheer luck. I played about 90-100 hours of this game to get the platinum and used quickenings millions of times, with some chains up to 16. However, I only got black hole just once out of pure luck out of the thousand or so times. I'm glad I got it while I was still in the middle of getting other trophies, I'd hate to have this the last trophy and have to try grind it out for it as I would have probably given up on the plat if that were the case, with the odds being so low. Too much RNG style luck, Black hole just never happens.  

Oh that is going to be a pain as I intend to platinum this game myself some time in the future. The quickening system is so painful. :( Glad you managed to get one Black Hole in your entire game.

• Like 1

Now that I am done with The Sims 4, I can say that "Triple Play" is the most painful trophy I got so far. It's not difficult, but highly luck-based.

47L328b52.png

I am unlucky most of the time when it comes to RNG trophies but that one was just a pain. Took me over 4 days to get that trophy alone, I didn't even count the tries I needed. 

It's not as painful if you are a lucky person :P

32Lcdde00.png

Most painful trophy that I remember was getting 10.000 kills in Resistance 2 MP.

I believe that was the ultimate goal for those people who tried to get it. I remember it was like an eternity and not only that, sometimes, I got nice matches but in others, I sucked.

Great game thou!

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 2:24 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I remember the pinball trophy in Duke Nukem Forever being an absolute bitch. You had to get a million points in probably the most broken pinball game I've ever played, and it took forever, no pun intended. 

Those Rooster Teeth people made a video of the dude rage quitting the game from the pinny and air hockey trophies, got a good laugh out of me.

Yeah the entire game was just a big joke inside and out. I can't believe it took them so many years to release a Duke Nukem game that ended up being a pile of shit.

They fucked up the minigames badly. I remember playing Forever on the Xbox 360 at a friends house and it was just an embarrassment to play those minigames. The multiplayer was a complete joke.

Gearbox needs to sell off the rights to Duke Nukem and have Bethesda pick them up. Bethesda has already proven themselves with the Wolfenstein games and the DOOM reboot. Duke Nukem would fit in just nicely with those two franchises.

Edited by Spaz

53Sc0f72b.png  GD Parkour Instructor (Bronze) - Dying Light

Without a doubt the hardest trophy I ever achieved. Due to the parkour being really difficult for some challenges. in the end it took me 8 hours (even though its technically possible in 30 minutes but congrats to everyone who got in in less than 2 hours). 1 Challenge was especially hard for me, can't recall which as it was while ago but that one took me like 4,5 hours, and in the end, I was just stripped of almost all my clothing cuz I was sweating so much. Wanted to give up halfway through but then I'd be all for nothing.

18Sad766f.png Chocobo Rider: Final Fantasy X

Fishing Master from Persona 4 Golden in a close second.  But this trophy...it was not only hard but I was racing over and over and over again for hours and so my hand was starting to cramp up from holding the vita.  I understand why the controls were supposed to be "wonky" since you're riding a bird but man!  I got so close, I had so many races around 2-7 seconds.  It took me so many days of hours trying to get this trophy.  Lightning Dodger was hard but not like this.

5 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

18Sad766f.png Chocobo Rider: Final Fantasy X

Fishing Master from Persona 4 Golden in a close second.  But this trophy...it was not only hard but I was racing over and over and over again for hours and so my hand was starting to cramp up from holding the vita.  I understand why the controls were supposed to be "wonky" since you're riding a bird but man!  I got so close, I had so many races around 2-7 seconds.  It took me so many days of hours trying to get this trophy.  Lightning Dodger was hard but not like this.

This is the trophy I immediately think of.....I did it on PS3 though.....my Vita would've ended up being launched across the room.

All the online trophies from Red Dead Redemption. All of them.

Servers are broken, you get stuck on neverending loading screens, glitches everywhere and a patch? has removed the ability to 'Win X matches' by just quitting the game and handing the win to your boosting partner.

Now you have to sit through the whole match legit. It took like 8 hours over 2 days to trade a handful of wins that should've only taken an hour or two at most.

Fuck RDR, once I get the singleplayer trophies I am done with that game. I don't care if I never get 100%.

For me it was...

rzf7elG.png

:gold: - Galapagos - No Man's Sky

Not a hard trophy if you play the game pre patch, I wanted to play with the game up to date so bit the bullet with this one. Basically, post patch the requirements changed from discovering sixty different species, to discovering 100% of species on ten different planets. I played No Man's Sky for about 86 hours, 40 of those hours were spent going for this trophy. 

I've had worse grinds, but what made it so disheartening was discovering all but one of each species on a planet then hunting for hours for the last one. Travelling to different ecosystems, up mountains, in caves, water, in the sky, forested areas, rolling plains, leaving the atmosphere, travelling North to South, East to West until I've done a complete orbit of the planet.

Even after of all that, the majority of the time I wasn't finding that last species. So I left planet, after planet, after planet in dejection, frustration, I've never had those emotions when playing a game before and I just wished it was over long before it was. Obviously I got it eventually and I've popped many harder trophies, but for a sheer mental beating this tops my list by a mile. 

• Like 2

A few that come to mind:

in Goat sim, Flappy goat took me several hours of playing over and over. It was the worst when I got a score of 9 several times.

All the survival trophies in Advenced Warfare especially the zombie related one. To unlock the last map you had to play several hundred? rounds on other maps. took me several hours to grind out. It was really boring.

Playing 30 rounds in That's you. It was super boring to play 20 games by my self and it took about half of my day. the trophy that requires 6 phones was also annoying.

There was a glitched trophy in super hot where instead of killing 2000 enemies cumulatively you had to do it all in one sitting.

All of Orc slayer, NCIS, Magnus, and heavy fire Shattered spear.

Edited by Dwightsarmy14
spelling. I'm on my phone
  • Like 1

32S7482a9.png You Asked For It 
Finish the game on 悪夢(AKUMU) mode.

Although I'm sure it wasn't so bad for some people, it was torture for me. I suck at shooters and although The Evil Within isn't really one of those, it was close enough for my badness to translate over. My goodness. 598 deaths total.

38Sd7494a.png Level Master Riku 
Max out Riku's level.

THIS WAS SO BAD; the grind was unreal. Honestly, all of the KH games were pretty difficult but me actually liking the games helped a lot. That being said, Re:CoM was probably the grindiest one and took me what felt like forever, especially since playing as Riku gimped you pretty hard in the EXP grind department.

9Scfd77d.png Time's Teller 
Defeat the Unknown.

15S25398f.png The Adventurer: Terra 
Complete Reports with Terra.

Ayy lmao.

I included both trophies because the nightmare was specifically fighting the Mysterious Figure with Terra.

Terra's whole thing is that he sacrifices mobility and magic for tankyness and raw damage.

Mysteryhoodman one shots you and has about 47 health bars.

God is dead.

On 1/28/2018 at 4:53 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

34L281d17.png

Final Fantasy XIII Treasure Hunter: Obtain every item

This trophy took a really long time as the drop rates were so low back when there was no easy mode (which increased the drop rate of normal drops to 95% so you could buy everything with platinum ingots). On just normal mode, this was a painfully long and tedious grind of turtle farming. I must have slayed hundereds of them. 

This a million times. I absolutely love this game, but I will never miss grinding against Long Guis all day.

And wait what there is an EASY mode now!?!

• Like 1

It's not really hard but Metal Gear Solid 4, getting all 40 emblems to unlock all the Ipod tracks. I beat the game nine times in the last two weeks. I used to love it but now I never want to play it again. Having to sit through the loading times, some unskippable cut scenes/ credits and the whole of act 3, just for some stupid emblems to unlock a few songs. It wouldn't be too bad if you could just run through but some of the emblems require you to farm alerts, kills, and  deaths extending the length of each play through.

the most painful trophy is tactical challenger for Vanquish. It's challenge 6 that almost got me and got other people and why the plat achievement rate is 2.4% 

This is a skilled way of doing it

but most do have these quick reactions. Furthermore, cover is destructible and the dual boss fight is a pain since you have to keep moving with a lack of cover.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2018 at 8:21 AM, Kristmas2 said:

RockBand 2

The Bladder of Steel Award
Completed the Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing

You need to play whole setlist without PAUSING game or failing :) It takes around 8 hours, 81 songs! :) Yeah!

It's only about six hours and something, if I recall. 

Solo, it isn't terrible, just make sure your batteries are solid.

But with a band? Oh man. That shit is FRIGHTENING.

The margin of error skyyyyrockets.

If your drummer gets tired an ruins it for everyone else, they're dead. Lol.

Edited by ERICVOLTAGE

1 hour ago, JoocyMan said:

Terra's whole thing is that he sacrifices mobility and magic for tankyness and raw damage.

Mysteryhoodman one shots you and has about 47 health bars.

God is dead.

Yeah, I am going to die 666 times with my Level 99 Terra in Beginner mode before he kills Mysterious Figure. xD

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:28 AM, ElBolovo said:

Starwhal. I was in such a bad shape mentally that time that allied with the boringness of the grind put me in altered state of mind that let me complete the platinum and contemplate suicide at the same time in a period of two days give or take. I passed out drunk 2 times in that period. Fun times.

Dude, you seriously sound like you need help if what you wrote is true. Not trying to offend you, this is coming from someone with mental health issues.

• Like 2

Got a new one.

Super Meat Boy

20Lc58943.png

Zombie Boy (0.16% Ultra Rare)

Beat The Rapture dark world without dying

About 14 - 15 hours of practice over the course of three nights just to get this trophy. It took me that long to get.

Must of died 2000+ times going for the perfect run.

On 30.1.2018 at 2:58 AM, gamesfourever said:

53Sc0f72b.png  GD Parkour Instructor (Bronze) - Dying Light

Worst thing for this one is if you would complete a challenge after "night is over" screen ? ... took me 10 hours to get those challenges... although nighttime wasn't that hard anymore cuz i had played several attempts during the day first :D

51L5eb682.png

:silver:Beans, Bullets, Bandages

Battlefield Bad Company

10.002 in online ranked machtes

Achieved during the summer last year, nearly 1 month for 19 of 20 online trophies and then 4 more for this one... nearly 500 hours in total... i was so bad at the game but kept through anyway... 24 people in a public lobby mostly :(

2L5d9c0f.png

:gold:The Gold Standard

Gran Turismo 5

Win all races

Lots of hours of racing and luckily i didn't have to complete the campaign by myself but could use an AI driver for it... that saved me around 70 hours... worst of all the Vettel Challenges... the only races i couldn't even get a Bronze medal with the Dualshock 3... i was so glad i had a wheel for those 3 + 1 NASCAR Race...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

51L4a1493.png

NINJA GAIDEN Σ2 - All missions successfully completed

Any one play NINJA GAIDEN knows the pain of this trophy the insane missions was a nightmare not to mentioning that you need a pro partner for this doing it solo is impossible 

18Lb1de08.png

DEAD SPACE 2 - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

This Difficultly was a true nightmare random enemy respon location and a single mistake will send you back a long way but i got to admit it it was fun even i had to take many breaks to cool myself down between chapters

24Lc54354.png    25Lce1182.png

PES 2010 & 2011 - The Super Hero

This two trophies made me play for like 3 months to get them even if you play on easiest difficult and score 10 goals assist 5 goals minimum per match they name messi or ronaldo as world footballer of the year like you did nothing the entire session which is ridicules and wasting of time

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Worst thing for this one is if you would complete a challenge after "night is over" screen 1f631.png ... took me 10 hours to get those challenges... although nighttime wasn't that hard anymore cuz i had played several attempts during the day first :D

51L5eb682.png

:silver:Beans, Bullets, Bandages

Battlefield Bad Company

10.002 in online ranked machtes

Achieved during the summer last year, nearly 1 month for 19 of 20 online trophies and then 4 more for this one... nearly 500 hours in total... i was so bad at the game but kept through anyway...

2L5d9c0f.png

:gold:The Gold Standard

Gran Turismo 5

Win all races

Lots of hours of racing and luckily i didn't have to complete the campaign by myself but could use an AI driver for it... that saved me around 70 hours... worst of all the Vettel Challenges... the only races i couldn't even get a Bronze medal with the Dualshock 3... i was so glad i had a wheel for those 3 + 1 NASCAR Race...

Damn those are some nice trophies to have.

I wouldn't touch either game with a 10 foot pole...

I hear Gran Turismo 5 can be in the neighborhood of 500 - 1000 hours to get the platinum.