Most Painful Trophy ever earned

CJ_Mystery

24S69cc92.png  
24S69cc92.png Cross Edge  
24S69cc92.png  

The Hikikomori
Spend far too much time unlocking dozens of titles.

Yeah, the title of the trophy is quite acurate I'd say. And I got Star Ocean International platinum, but this jrpg had a way more awful&boring quantity of boring farming and grinding. 

Shadow of the colossus (PS3 HD port)

Meticulous Collector
Acquire all items available in hard time attack

Wander, pls don't lose your grip. Wander, pls. No, wait, Wander. NO-*sound of controller shattering against the floor*

• Like 2

I've done a few painful trophies over the years, many have already been listed on previous pages but what still stands out for me the most is the DLC for Uncharted 3.

Part of it was the grind, part of it obtaining the treasures, part of it having to improve your skills for co-op trophies such as Overseer, but the worst part of it all was finding your second team when boosting multiplayer.

Multiplayer trophies were horrible trying to do them legit, for example instead of getting 1 stealth kill in a match, you had to get 3 for it to count towards the trophy and that is hard as there are a lot of skilled players, they made everything extremely difficult through natural progression and frowned upon boosting.

When boosting you could be lucky and find a team in the first 5 minutes but often it could take from 15 minutes to an hour, sometimes giving up altogether to find your second team, constantly backing out of matches at the last minute in case you connected with the wrong team and had to reform. Then when you finally connected, anyone could lose connection mid game which threw them out and added a random player in with a different agenda. This was the pain, leaders communicating back and forth when they began searches, how many players found then backing out. 3-2-1 search. Add into that the ring of death, game freezing and having to reset your whole system.

I've just ground out around 1600 matches in the past month on Friday the 13th, 80% of the time taken up with loading screens and the lobby and it still isn't a patch on that Uncharted 3 pile of crap. Probably took me around 300 hours to do - and that was boosting, 50 to 100 hours (maybe) of that searching.

Star Wars Battlefront 2

36Sfff1f4.pngChoose Your Path 
While being marked, defeat 50 enemies in Heroes Vs Villains.

This trophy doesn't seem too hard at first, but there's a catch: you have to be marked, and the enemy you have to defeat also has to be marked. You'll get marked 2 or 3 times in a match and also only last hit kills count towards the trophy. You did 90% damage on the target and someone got the last hit on it? Well you can try again next time because you won't get anything. Do this 50 times and you are set... This trophy took me much more time than I thought it would. 

Edited by HappyShox
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

71L8da3d4.png

Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace from Red Dead Redemption

This was such an annoying grind that relied on 6 people spending hours helping one another out. I can't even get 6 of my closest friends together for more than a few hours let alone some random trophy hunters lol. It was a huge relief to finally get it done.

God of War III - Unhuman

Beat Titan Mode

This trophy was a total nightmare to earn. I must have exceeded over 100+ deaths due to utter B U L L S H I T like cheap enemy tactics, deathtraps, and overly difficult boss fights. The worst part of this trophy was the maze due to enemy crowding and the shifting perspective making it very difficult to avoid the spikes. Thank God the platinum didn’t require Chaos mode.

I’ve earned a lot of bullshit trophies but this one takes the cake for me. 

Edited by Daft Gamer

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Committed To The Cause -
Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

I got fed up of not having this one so I took 3 weekends of grinding to finally finish the multiplayer trophies. I think I went blind somewhere at the end.

Watch Dogs

Social Lubricant -
Complete level 10 against all 3 Drinking Game opponents

The 'Double Vision' portions killed me. Finally got mostly a handle on it. And won.

:D Then blow the guy up.

Goat Simulator

The Flapmaster -
Score 10 points in Flappy Goat

This one broke me last week. Still not getting past 5. Got to 6 once. Once. Once.......... :rolleyes:

inFamous First Light

Beta Rescue Diamond -
Achieve a score of 500,000 points

Those Rock Shield guys are sooooooo damn hard to kill and you have to kill them to save the bloody hostage and more enemies are spawning while you fight and the hostage dies....repeat this for 15 minutes or you give up.   And I almost hit 500,000 points. Almost. -_-

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekirne77 said:

The Hikikomori

I've been putting this word through Google Translate and gotten weird stuff. What does it really mean?

5 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

inFamous First Light

Beta Rescue Diamond -
Achieve a score of 500,000 points

Those Rock Shield guys are sooooooo damn hard to kill and you have to kill them to save the bloody hostage and more enemies are spawning while you fight and the hostage dies....repeat this for 15 minutes or you give up.   And I almost hit 500,000 points. Almost. -_-

Downloaded this on PSN for the Spring Backlog, dropped out the Spring Backlog for this reason. Luckily I didn't start playing this game so I can hide it in my Purchase History. :P

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I've been putting this word through Google Translate and gotten weird stuff. What does it really mean?

Basically a shut-in person that never exits his/her home/room and is mostly watching tv and/or playing videogames. Is a recent social phenomenon where the individual gets broken to such extent that doesn't want to confront society any longer.

The game in this case (naming a trophy after it) uses it humorously though, basically is telling the player to get out and take some fresh air more often.

14Lf18f41.png

Turophile - I Am Bread

A++ all Cheese Hunt levels

I think this one gave me the most pain.  The controls of this game are rather sloppy, deliberately so I assume, given that it's from the developers of Surgeon Simulator.  It's somehow much more painful than Surgeon Sim, however.  That surgeon guy... sure he didn't have any fine motor control, but you could work around that and at least you can get him to move fairly consistently.  The bread (and cracker and baguette) however...  ugh.

The worst of it was clearly the Cheese Hunt levels, and especially the Garden one.  The Bathroom and Bedroom levels deserve an honorable mention as well (screw you bathroom mirror!  and you too piece of cheese that is sometimes on the floor and sometimes on the shelf in the bedroom!).  The time to get an A++ in the Garden seems impossible at first.  It's < 2:20 and it's taking you several minutes...  But, after you look around to see what sort of strategies other people have used and struggle and struggle with the controls and start over and over... eventually...  you can get a time under 3:00!  Great, but not even really that close.  Then you struggle some more and it doesn't seem as if you're even making much progress at all.  Maybe you try to convince yourself that 2:20 isn't even what you need to beat.  After all, there's that one guy with a time of 2:29 or 2:28 on the in-game leaderboard and he's got this trophy somehow.  Maybe it's really 2:30.  So, you convince yourself and slog on and finally get a 2:29!  Nope, not good enough.  :(

That was my experience going after this one, but things did eventually go right after many more attempts from there.  Here's video of my one good run that got me this trophy.  It may not look that hard if you haven't played this game before, but I assure you it is!

• Like 3

58L23638d.png

Mafia II
Massacre 
Kill 1,000 enemies in "Jimmy's Vendetta."

Well, in the mission there aren't 1000 enemies. So you get this by running around killing every unarmed bystander in the game.
Basically, I never felt so bad about anything in a game. Completely pointless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 3:30 AM, albajos said:

58L23638d.png

Mafia II
Massacre 
Kill 1,000 enemies in "Jimmy's Vendetta."

Well, in the mission there aren't 1000 enemies. So you get this by running around killing every unarmed bystander in the game.
Basically, I never felt so bad about anything in a game. Completely pointless.

Explorer takes the cake as being the absolute worst in this game.

My save file was at 31 hours when I got the trophy. I basically just let the game run overnight with the glitch.

What I did for Massacre was just repeat the second to last mission where you're killing off 30 - 40 gangsters because you kill off the guy at the lighthouse. Had him kill me, start over, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Spaz

Night in the Woods

~*~Demonpower~*~

You have ascended the demon's tower

14Sc66c26.png

This was very difficult to earn, every floor you advance you lose a heart, floors 1-5 was easy, then it becomes harder especially floor 7 with 3 hearts.

Edited by LeoLion91

To me, the most painful trophy was from the first game I tried to obtain the Platinum, InFamous:

Rockhound

13L1a961c.png

Find 100% of the Shards.

Seriously, who's bright idea was to place a huge number of collectables (total of 350) in a game with a huge map (at the time) without so much as a marker telling you which ones you already collected and where exactly to find them.

Edited by TugaSonic

32S7482a9.png You Asked For It 
Finish the game on 悪夢(AKUMU) mode.

The plat for this was obviously hard by extension, but it was this one that made it that way. I'm not good at shooters of any kind so I don't know what possessed me to try and get this nightmare of a trophy, but I've never felt the way I have when I was getting this before. Never has a game made me "evolve" this way; by the end of it, I was getting triple no-scope headshots on invisible enemies and disarming bombs that I feel like were almost designed to not be disarmed. If I were to try doing that again now, I wouldn't be able to. It's like I unlocked Ultra Instinct for the AKUMU playthrough and then lost it once it was over.

ONLINE DOMINANCE (Fifa Street)

This is by far the trophy that required the most effort for me. It requires to win online cups, that have elimination rounds (so you have to start it over from the beginning if you lose the final). Plus, you have to win all of the nine cups and they were playable only on weekend, with each weekend with only one of these cups playable. So if you miss one cup, you have to wait nine weeks to have it avaible again. 

5 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

To me, the most painful trophy was from the first game I tried to obtain the Platinum, InFamous:

Rockhound

13L1a961c.png

Find 100% of the Shards.

Seriously, who's bright idea was to place a huge number of collectables (total of 350) in a game with a huge map (at the time) without so much as a marker telling you which ones you already collected and where exactly to find them.

The feathers in Assassins Creed II seemed a lot easier than the blast shards in inFamous.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:07 AM, TugaSonic said:

Rockhound

13L1a961c.png

Find 100% of the Shards.

Yep, heard all of the horror stories about this one. This is why I had avoided it. (Well, actually because I didn't really care about Cole much, but other than that. Second Son had more interesting characters, only wished you could skip cutscenes on your second playthrough.)

LIMBO

12L2f0d1f.png

No Point in Dying - Complete the game in one sitting with 5 or less deaths

This will likely require two or three playthroughs of "knowing the hazards and traps" before you will nail this trophy.

Limbo is definitely a dark and rather depressing looking indie platformer that is all black and white. Most of the trophies are simple, collecting the eggs and simply reaching the end to beat the game.

The Ding! trophy is definitely a bitch since you have to collect all the other eggs to access a secret area. You have to spend 5 - 10 minutes navigating a mostly completely dark place while listening to noises. However the No Point in Dying trophy definitely takes the cake as being what I call the MAKE IT OR BREAK IT trophy for completion.

I bought all three stacks of LIMBO and did three practice runs on all three platforms. The very first playthrough I did on the Vita with a visual Youtube guide I still died around 25 - 30 times. Not a good start, as my second run on the PS3 console I died 12 - 15 times. I died 10 times on the PS4.

Then I decided to simply practice the "tough" bits. One notable tough bit is the gravity puzzles at the end. You have to carefully time yourself to prevent yourself from falling or going up towards a hazard. But even early on in the game I still ended up dying simply because I accidentally jumped too early, or didn't react quickly in time which guarantees a swift death.

There are literally 1000 different ways you can die, much of everything presents a hazard which is probably a good reason why this trophy is at ultra rare. But doing this three times over felt damn good.

No Point in Dying is definitely not for the faint of heart. If I were a casual who didn't care about completion I definitely would of skipped this trophy. Lots of practice and patience is needed. But it is definitely rewarding when you get it.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

Lc4eea9.png

:gold:Defeated Prince Yamato!
Obtained when you defeat Prince Yamato in the Martial Arts dungeon (EX advanced).

The dungeon took me 12 in-game hours to complete, I'm pretty sure. And that's not even counting how many times I had to use a flash drive backup because if you die, your save is gone.

And to make matters even worse, when I reached the final floor, I was struck because I didn't bring enough healing items with me. So had to do it all again a second time.

Not something I'd ever want to do again