Most Painful Trophy ever earned

CJ_Mystery

While not painful in the difficulty sense but "The Blood of Many" trophy from Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2.  When going for the conquest ending it felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest with every scene.  It's one of the reasons why I haven't played rebirth 2 yet I don't think I can relive that pain.

On 5/5/2018 at 2:37 AM, DesmaBR said:

Lc4eea9.png

:gold:Defeated Prince Yamato!
Obtained when you defeat Prince Yamato in the Martial Arts dungeon (EX advanced).

The dungeon took me 12 in-game hours to complete, I'm pretty sure. And that's not even counting how many times I had to use a flash drive backup because if you die, your save is gone.

And to make matters even worse, when I reached the final floor, I was struck because I didn't bring enough healing items with me. So had to do it all again a second time.

Not something I'd ever want to do again

I tried that game. I got tired of it after beating the first dungeon. This game is whack even for Nippon Ichi. :(

Spoiler

Although the story premise was interesting. "I am a loser, I never win anything." "You won the bingo game!" "Wow, my luck turned around! What's my prize?" "You have to fulfill everybody's wishes forever." "F***! I knew it, my life sucks!" xD

Not the most painful I've ever achieved (I can think of some much worse back on my Xbox 360) but the most recent for me was GTAV's Criminal Masterminds.

I hated having to rely so heavily on the competence of other players aswell as my own. Having to do the whole thing 3 times for the trophy was stupid in itself. Don't even get me started on restarts due to deaths/glitches/errors etc.

gonna have to go with the wipeout hd platinum trophy...1 - I dislike racing games...2 - I'm not very good at racing games...3 - it's a racing game...4 - I'm terrible at pulling off barrel rolls in the game...5 - my ps3 got corrupted on the final tournament erasing all progress so I had to restart from scratch...6 - see 1 - 4 above...7 - "bomb, missile, bomb...contender eliminated“...'nuff said...

p.s. on a positive note, despite not liking the game I did enjoy the challenge...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would say online trophies in Alien vs Predator. This game gave my cancer another cancer with metastates.

On 12.05.2018 at 2:12 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

gonna have to go with the wipeout hd platinum trophy...1 - I dislike racing games...2 - I'm not very good at racing games...3 - it's a racing game...4 - I'm terrible at pulling off barrel rolls in the game...5 - my ps3 got corrupted on the final tournament erasing all progress so I had to restart from scratch...6 - see 1 - 4 above...7 - "bomb, missile, bomb...contender eliminated“...'nuff said...

p.s. on a positive note, despite not liking the game I did enjoy the challenge...

I really feel sorry for you bro... I know that feeling ;d.

• 9 months later...

51L32f530.png

Explorer trophy in Mafia II

You have to drive 1000 miles in the first DLC pack.

First off, the miles you accumulated in the base game don't even count, so you have to do it in the DLC. Secondly, there is a famous glitch like somebody else pointed out in this thread. Problem is due to a patch and a few changes you can maybe go 30 - 60 minutes at the most before the game decides to pause.

So essentially you're either forced to sit and watch the glitch, or drive those 1000 miles legit. I did both, and it still took me over 20 hours to get enough miles to get this trophy.

Easily one of the worst and certainly one of the most painful.

Dogged rider (Final Fantasy XV) - beat all the 3 course of the snowbike with Prompto

Chocobo rider (Final Fantasy X)- chocobo mini game, a hellish one, tryed for an hour without getting it, My friend got it with one try ?

Edited by UItimate_Battler

20Led1b41.png

Yatta!
Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M.: Complete the game

L43341f.png

There is a reason this trophy is a Gold and it sits at  23.17% Uncommon.  It's flipping hard. 

This is the first really hard trophy I had to get when I first got back into gaming. 

Took me a round a half hour replaying the final level, cause I suck at those type of games.

The computer AI on it is a beast. ?

Actually ran around the room when it popped and I got the Plat with it.

2 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

20Led1b41.png

Yatta!
Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M.: Complete the game

L43341f.png

There is a reason this trophy is a Gold and it sits at  23.17% Uncommon.  It's flipping hard. 

This is the first really hard trophy I had to get when I first got back into gaming. 

Took me a round a half hour replaying the final level, cause I suck at those type of games.

The computer AI on it is a beast. 1f62e.png

Actually ran around the room when it popped and I got the Plat with it.

One reason it's hard is because this is one of the early game releases that had a trophy list back in early 2009.

You can save your progress but even that doesn't help too much because of how fast those beans fall down.

The Plat for WWE 2K17 for PS4. 

I've done some grindy games, MK9 for Vita and PS3 come to mind, but nothing was on the level of 2K17. I poured over 200 hours into that game because the leveling system was so broken. Nothing I did climbed the ladder so I couldn't challenge for belts. They had so many sub systems like Tshirts and Rivalries and Promos but nothing would work. It almost seemed like the game was supposed to have paid boosts but forgot to put them in, and all you had was the hampered husk of a progression system.

There is nothing quite like sitting down after work and the fam is in bed, popping in a game, playing for 3 or 4 hours, and realizing absolutely nothing has changed. Not one thing, you're exactly where you started. Infuriating.

That on top of the fact that EVERY MATCH for EVERY WEEK had a LONG ASS LOADING TIME, well, It nearly broke me. But I got through it. Thank gawd I love Wresting. 

Edited by Startyde

Got a few.

Super Meat Boy

9L9c4783.png

The Kid
You unlocked The Kid!

Those levels are such bullshit. The game is so well crafted until you hit these levels. The hitboxes on the spikes are bigger than the actual sprite. So you die on nothing constantly. And in the 3rd (easiest) section I had to deal with the spikes on the moving walls of spikes hovering in front of the boxes. After about 20 initial deaths they glitched, so I had to stop and stand jump over them. Because a running jump would not work at all. So it made it more difficult than it needed to be in the easiest section. What a fucking nightmare. I hated it. I felt like a piece of me died.

To quote a youtube comment, "I got it... but at what cost?"

Titanfall 2

3Lea3212.png

...Becomes the Master
Place in the top 3 on the Gauntlet scoreboard

Worst part is it's only a bronze trophy. At least The Kid is silver. This was such a frustrating experience. The idea is great and fun, but the EMP grenades don't even work at times. Like literally do nothing. And the radius is inconsistent. At one point in the first section there are stairs before the trio of enemies you usually kill. I missed and hit the stairs nearest to one guy. The guy closest to it didn't die. I miss again this time even further down the stairs and somehow it kills the guy it missed when the grenade was even closer to him...

And needing to deal with accidentally picking up grenades, and just at times it feeling like your jumps aren't responding properly. It's just so frustrating how tight you have to be to get it. I didn't feel like my soul died when I finally did it, like The Kid. But When I was 10s off, and then 5s off. I did feel my soul die. I sat there for a good 5 minutes in stunned silence, internally screaming. Nightmare. I wish they would have ditched the enemies, and instead just had it be focus on platforming. I think it would be a lot more fun that way. Or have two different trials, one for killing enemies quickly, the other for platforming.

Sound Shapes

L994f74.png

Death Mode in General

Painful describes Death Mode entirely. There was only one level with the UFO that felt like it was somewhat fair. The gameplay design is just awful in these. The time is so strict and it requires complete RNG to be able to beat. The fact that there are scenarios that can occur which make it impossible to win is straight up bad design. It makes it painful. It was one of the most annoying experiences I've ever had. It made me literally hate the game. Such bullshit trophies.

Goat Simulator

25Ld40885.png

The Flapmaster
Score 10 points in Flappy Goat

I'm actually pretty good at games like this, but the hitboxes are absolute trash in this. [like The Kid levels... but 1000x worse]. The amount of times I hit 9 and then died because my goat hit nothing was numerous. It also made me hate the game. It wasn't great before, but it was some dumb fun to be had in it. Then you get to this broken mess. All they had to do was make the hitboxes better and it would've been fun to do and arguably the best part of the game. But nope. Stupid trophy.

SoulCalibur VI

24Le15115.png

The Hunters Become the Hunted
Complete 30 "Astral Fissure Sealing" missions in Libra of Soul.

(honorable mention to 5 online ranked wins lol) This was so rough for me. I'm not great at fighting games, and even spamming Cervantes, I still struggled on a few of the fissures depending on what weapon type the enemy was. Some are easily able to counter that teleport spam you can do with his weapon type. (pretty sure it's him, been awhile) Trying to do it legit was impossible. I mean, geez. Some of those modifiers on their own aare bad enough. Critical damage up? D: But they're always paired with something that makes it even worse! Critical damage up + critical change up was the most common evil one I got. They almost always crit, so you get like 3 hits before you die. And like I said, I'm not great at fighting games.

There was a lot of stress going into that trophy, and eventual platinum. Which is why I followed it up with 3 easy licensed games to calm myself.

• Like 1

Legendary Ninja in Ninja Gaiden 3.

52Lc3a21e.png

Clear the story on the Ultimate Ninja play style and Ultimate Ninja Trials 4 & 5. (DLC)

I remember my Ninja Gaiden experience and months of blood, sweat and tears. The amount of time, dedication and perseverance I put in order to complete every mission on Ultimate Ninja difficulty was unthinkable. That being said, when I finally did it, I felt I could achieve everything. That sole feeling made it all worth it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

29L77ce02.png

Wei of the Road
Complete all Street Races.

Lc44c4f.png

Only because the Enduro race is a pain to win.

It's 4 times longer then the rest of the races. too many sharp turns and the lead bike tends to be right behind you and goes faster all the time.

Finally beat it and was the trophy that got me the Plat.

2 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

29L77ce02.png

Wei of the Road
Complete all Street Races.

Lc44c4f.png

Only because the Enduro race is a pain to win.

It's 4 times longer then the rest of the races. too many sharp turns and the lead bike tends to be right behind you and goes faster all the time.

Finally beat it and was the trophy that got me the Plat.

Sleeping Dogs is a fairly easy platinum.

The AI will rubberband you in this game. I essentially got the fastest car in the game, can't remember the name of it but it's essentially a fancy orange Lamborgini. Ended up smoking away the AI and getting a huge head start to win the street races.

The bike races were a bit more challenging.

• 1 month later...
On 15.3.2019 at 3:49 PM, blackspider200 said:

The combo trials trophies in Street Fighter 4 and SSF4

Some of the combos are really hard...

Same here. It's even worse when you've never played a Street Fighter game before because the game doesn't teach you anything - there's not even a short tutorial. Also, there's no option to watch a demonstration of a certain trial so you have no idea what the combo is supposed to look like (#El_Fuerte's_5th_Hard_Trial).

Edited by Sillshez15
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/0c982f/trophies/34L281d17.png

Treasure Hunter

Held every weapon and accessory.

This trophy from Final Fantasy 13 was a nightmare. And by the way, you need every weapon and accessory at the same time in your inventory, so you couldn't sell anything. And if you did sell anything you need, well...

Farming the hardest monster in the game for a random drop I needed a few times so that I could upgrade my weapons (because weapons could 'evolve' to different weapons, and you need both versions), farming the same monster for another drop so I could make money (wich is also needed to upgrade weapons and accessories) is VERY annoying. And you still need to loot every chest, get every monster accessory drop, get all the requiered upgrade materials, not selling anything etc.
And the worst part: I had a list, and just one accessory was missing. And for a few minutes I was devestated, 'cause I thought I couldn't get it anymore, 'cause some items are only obtainable once in the whole playthrough and I didn't have it. And it was the last trophy I needed for platinum. Luckily I found out that I just had to upgrade a certain accessory, so I got it anyway. But the horror, the trauma ! I never recovered from that one ?

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6fe5ef/trophies/12L482d8c.png

Split Affinity

You completed the game once acquiring only Typhon Powers and again acquiring only Human abilities.

Prey is a good game, very good to be honest. The variety of things you can do is amazing, and the whole game is just gorgeous. But even though the game is good, completing it 6 or 7 times was horrible. The trophy itself doesn't sound that difficult, and it really isn't at all. It's just a liiiittle buggy? I probably made it worse for me, because I played the game how I wanted to first without looking at the trophies. But you need a playthrough where everyone is dead, where everyone survives, where you need to be goodest person etc. And of course, I didn't get any of these trophies. After 4 playthroughs for all the other trophies I got to Split Affinity. Well, for some reason I needed 3 or 4 playthrough for this trophy alone (others have the same problem) and I don't even know why.

Long story short, it's a pain in the ass doing 7 playthroughs of the game in a row.  But I highly recommend the game anyway!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/d3ac9d/trophies/39L2e16b0.pnghttps://i.psnprofiles.com/games/d3ac9d/trophies/36Lb7f3f9.png

Giant Crown Master and Miniature Crown Master

Obtain a gold/miniature crown for almost every monster in your hunting log.

What can I say? It's Monster Hunter World, and like in every other Monster Hunter game you can 'collect' the biggest and smallest monsters. The only difference from World to every other game in this matter is, well obviously, the trophies. On the PSP or 3DS you don't necessarily need to collect them, but I like to platinum games i like, so it certainly IS necessary to collect every crown. And who doesn't hate RNG based trophies? ? After 400 hours I got both trophies. Looking at some players playtime and their still missing trophies I've come to realise that I actually was lucky with my playtime!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

19L01fff1.png

The Dash Eternal

Perform the Ultimate Chain Dash

Okay so I didn't know too much about this game going in so I didn't think too much of it I was more concerned with the idea of the NG+ playthrough (2 hit points max). And at the time the idea of a chain dash didn't seem hard, press x + x again to chain dash, fine. But what is not said is that you cant just press these buttons really fast and perform a chain dash you have to do it in a certain rhythm and this achievement only pops when you've done the chain dash 800 times. And the only place that has the counter is in a square room next to the shop where you buy the dash upgrade. The recommended way to go is circular around the room while avoiding the wall or the base in the center since any collision will break the combo. 800 times around a square room while having to keep to a certain rhythm and avoid collision with the walls for around 3 to 4 minutes of pure undivided attention and focus. pray whichever digit you are using to button mash doesn't get sore halfway through or that your eyes don't get tired. My thumb hurts just remembering this.

Edited by ArtisticGeek
  • Like 1

Such an easy question for me now:

39L89c744.png

Ultimate Battler (Star Ocean 4)

Obtain 100% of all battle trophies

Because...of course you already know.

10 minutes ago, ArtisticGeek said:

800 times around a square room while having to keep to a certain rhythm and avoid collision with the walls for around 3 to 4 minutes of pure undivided attention and focus. 

It's easier if you just go to the left, then to the right at the bottom of the screen. 4 dashes left, 4 dashes right, if memory serves.

Don't you just hate unsolicited advice like this? :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's easier if you just go to the left, then to the right at the bottom of the screen. 4 dashes left, 4 dashes right, if memory serves.

Don't you just hate unsolicited advice like this? :D

lol, You're fine dude, I tried everything in the book I even looked on the forums about that challenge, for some reason I just couldn't pull off the left to right even though I wanted to. Even trying to use a metronome for the rhythm would mess me up that's how cursed I was. ?

• Like 1

Two I can easily remember:

- Killing Machine (Resistance 2)

- Auf Widersenhen Petrovic (GTA IV)

I will never do the same thing again just for the sake of a trophy. That's what I have learned. As so, I quit trying to get the platinums for GTA 4 (Wanted trophy), Killzone 2 (Grand Valor Cross trophy), AC Brotherhood (boring MPs leveling and challenges stuff). Don't care about not having these platinums whatsoever. Just ridiculous having things like these. 

Edited by DION3TO