Major update announced: Progression system, new mode, season 2

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/january-2018?setLocale=en-us

The most important part:

We're working on a  revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we've seen players asking for. We'll be sharing more details about these changes in March.  

By march I'll most likely be quite close to level 50, so I'm wondering how many people will benefit from this (unless there's a trophy for reaching level 100 as well), but at least there finally seems to be something.

There is also a new mode coming where everyone has jet packs. The catch is that they already plan on removing it again, so let's hope it's not too much fun I guess?

Additionally, a new season is on the way and there are numbers on how poorly my Resistance was performing during the first one.

• Like 1

I don’t know what to do for the best, got all trophies bar the rank 50 and therefore the platinum. Do I try and get to 50 before the update/rehaul or wait it out and see what they do hmmmmm decisions. 

The new jet pack mode for February sounds good but it’s a shame the are removing it after. I hope the next season is clone wars as well, be nice to have a double XP weekend to celebrate. 

4 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/january-2018?setLocale=en-us

The most important part:

By march I'll most likely be quite close to level 50, so I'm wondering how many people will benefit from this (unless there's a trophy for reaching level 100 as well), but at least there finally seems to be something.

There is also a new mode coming where everyone has jet packs. The catch is that they already plan on removing it again, so let's hope it's not too much fun I guess?

Additionally, a new season is on the way and there are numbers on how poorly my Resistance was performing during the first one.

Not everyone is a day one player so it would benefit anyone starting after or shortly before the update. I hope it not only revamps the loot box progression but also lowers xp per level (holy hell). Plus I hope there is a double xp event, why has that not happened yet anyway?! 

personally don’t really care about a jet pack mode, I wish they offered more modes like in BF1... like battlestation that was cool, a mix out of firefights and flying. Plus I wish we had some of the maps from BF1 back..

I also think the challenges should also give parts and xp, not just credits. And then get rid of lootboxes or at least make each box separate per class and only incl. cards specific to that class. Plus why the hell are trooper crates twice the cost of the others?! So many things to fix in a game that looks great and plays even better than the first... I’m at level 30 and waiting till more dlc/trophies/seasons drop. I thought last season was a cool way to get people playing certain modes for decent rewards.. but I think there will

be a “solo” season because duh.

Edited by cam_wick
Typo
  • Like 1

just hope they don't decide to go to level 100 for a future dlc trophy.  That is what they did with the 1st one.  they capped it at 50 and you couldn't earn any more xp. I continued to play the game some for fun and eventually got bored of the game and quit.  about that time they lifted the xp cap and eventually came out with the trophy for rank 100.  This game here would be far more tedious to get to rank 100.  The only mode that rewards decent xp for the time spent is the hvsv mode.  As far as I can tell there are no level up quick methods for xp.  

On 27/1/2018 at 8:50 PM, Willstown said:

The post 25 grind is crazy.  Close to 200k to get from 29 to 30.   Getting 10k a game average..... long way to go.  Can only hope they bring in a little more friendly XP system

Play heroes vs villains, use Chewbacca and Palpatine. With them, you can get easily over 15k points per match and the matches there are on average like 10 minutes. Expect a nerf for both of them on future patches because they are way too overpowered for heroes v villains at the moment. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, DiegoMolinams said:

Expect a nerf for both of them on future patches because they are way too overpowered for heroes vs. villains at the moment. 

I couldn't agree less. Sometimes I question whether Chewbacca in Battlefront 2 is more OP than the Battlefront 2015 Chewbacca and vice versa. It's so easy to be good as chewbacca since his abilities are his main strengths. You can just use his abilities to your advantage by going up to an enemy using the charge slam, then when the enemy is stunned and has to wait to be able to move again use the shock grenade against them and when they're vulnerable use the furious bowcaster to take the hero out within four to five shots. The first two steps can be done in any order but I would encourage players to use the L1+R1 as the third and final step after the other two steps...

I just hit rank 44 today.. I'm 6 more ranks from my last trophy and a long, hard earned plat...

as of today the 1.07 patch dropped for BF2 and from what it seems you get even less point in HvV mode which is very dismaying...

still tho the long grind is almost done and 6 more playthroughs and this accursed game can be put to rest until DLC drops

Asentiff.png

Edited by Asentiff