Need to buy a PS3 Controller

Leaderboards

Need a second PS3 controller to get a trophy in Dead Space Extraction. PS4 controller not compatible with this game.

I look on Ebay, there are so many fakes and 3rd party garbage, can anyone can give me some advice or know a place online were they bought a real ps3 controller recently?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Man, good luck. The only place I found to buy them retail recently was Kohl's. Not sure they still have it listed on their site. They only let me buy 2, either because their inventory is low or because they were on sale (probably liquidating what they had left).

You wouldn't think it, but it won't be long before all that'll be available will be used controllers and Chinese knockoffs. It's pretty sad.

P.S. Unfortunately if you try an Amazon seller, you're very likely to end up with a fake. Speaking from experience.

EDIT: Looks like Kohl's is out. You'll have to take your chances with Amazon or eBay. Amazon is probably better as it'll be easier to return a fake. Just make sure you learn how to spot them, as some are pretty good (in terms of outward appearance).

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 2

Yeah, any store that says they got PS3 controllers are knock offs and fake. I was going to mention using your PS4 controller since it works for PS3 but as you stated not for the game you currently playing.

I recently bough a wired POWER A controller that is Licensed by PS. - do buy the wired version as the wireless sucks as battery don't last long from reviews I read.

Colors either Blue or Black

here is the link if you are interested: Power A PS3 Wired Controller

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

That's fake.

15 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Yeah, any store that says they got PS3 controllers are knock offs and fake. I was going to mention using your PS4 controller since it works for PS3 but as you stated not for the game you currently playing.

I recently bough a wired POWER A controller that is Licensed by PS. - do buy the wired version as the wireless sucks as battery don't last long from reviews I read.

Colors either Blue or Black

here is the link if you are interested: Power A PS3 Wired Controller

Good luck

This actually looks really good for a third party controller.

Does it have the same features as a PS3 controller, like if a game requires you to tilt a controller sideways and stuff? I don't care if it's wired or lack rumble. I never play with rumble anyway.

Edited by Trophy Huntress
  • Like 1

I bought one recently but i hated it.L-R sticks are not sensitive you have to push it halfway then they registers.But my friend told me almost sure way to spot original ds3 and it checks out for my two original ds3.

dualshock4dualshock3comparisonanalogstic

Look under thumbs of ds3,on original dualshock they have a seperate plastic thingy like cover.

ps3-thumbsticks.jpg

This is what it looks like on fake controllers or at least a cheap one like mine i mentioned.They are whole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trophy Huntress said:

That's fake.

This actually looks really good for a third party controller.

Does it have the same features as a PS3 controller, like if a game requires you to tilt a controller sideways and stuff? I don't care if it's wired or lack rumble. I never play with rumble anyway.

Unfortunately no SIXAXIS for this controller

• Like 1

I used to go for the one included in a ps3 bundle. They sell them in a plastic bag as new and usually comes with the usb cord. And you can see in multiple pictures the item condition and the seal on the back, the knockoff don't pay attention to that seal, so you have more chances to get a good one.

Sadly they're very rare now.

Buying the ones sealed is very risky nowadays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Super fail comment.

No

it appears to have worked exactly as planned

you got offened

look, somepeople have phobias of spiders

others cant interact with ppl

you have social anxiety

most kids these days do

all retail stores in my area that specialize in gaming electronics have ds3’s

maybe if you got out of your moms basement a little more often you would realize that

try nit living under a rock And go to any gamestop in the world ffs

Edited by Property_Damage

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

No

it appears to have worked exactly as planned

you got offened

look, somepeople have phobias of spiders

others cant interact with ppl

you have social anxiety

most kids these days do

all retail stores in my area that specialize in gaming electronics have ds3’s

maybe if you got out of your moms basement a little more often you would realize that

try nit living under a rock And go to any gamestop in the world ffs

I think you may actually be the one suffering from the inability to contribute to a solution with normal social interactions. Your whole series of comments could have been summarized by, "check your local gaming specialized retailers". Not only is that a perfectly valid contribution to the topic, you wouldn't need to begin conversations with strangers on the internet through insults.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kinokee said:

I think you may actually be the one suffering from the inability to contribute to a solution with normal social interactions. Your whole series of comments could have been summarized by, "check your local gaming specialized retailers". Not only is that a perfectly valid contribution to the topic, you wouldn't need to begin conversations with strangers on the internet through insults.

Thank you :)

Edited by Trophy Huntress

On 1/30/2018 at 0:02 AM, Kinokee said:

But i did contribute as ive stated

“check gamestop”

the rest was just a troll

some of you guys need to lighten up

internet has made some of you guys wayyy too sensitive

but i guess thats why some of you people wont go outside

13 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

But i did contribute as ive stated

“check gamestop”

the rest was just a troll

some of you guys need to lighten up

internet has made some of you guys wayyy too sensitive

but i guess thats why some of you people wont go outside

Or maybe you should just learn some manners. Trolling is a form of online bullying. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.