How is the performance on the PS3 version.

Leaderboards

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I was one of the ones that thought this version was more than playable. However the last 6-7 levels have a lot of action and each frame of stealth counts, and you will hate the framerate there when that happens. Stay away from the ps3 version and just play the ps4/one/pc version instead.

Besides, the doors that need load times to open take some more time than in other ports, while that doesnt matter much at the beginning, later you will be escaping from androids and aliens and the damned doors will give you some cheap deaths ?

Edited by Ekirne77

• 1 year later...
On 20/03/2018 at 8:05 PM, Leaderboards said:

Yo I think you guys were wrong about the performance or maybe got confused with the PS4 version.

This PS3 version has a lot of framerate drops and game freezes when going into next chapter via elevators.

Yeah I was surprised myself when they said there were no issues with the PS3 when in fact it's a buggy mess BUT that doesn't mean it's broken and unplayable - just some bugs here and there.

The problems I have encountered were the doors/vents do not open as quick, sometimes you have to wait for a minute or so or back out a bit for them to open. Had assets of the game no load up properly and/or are totally missing especiall in that chapter where you have to manually configure the satelite by space-walking outside.  For me there was no walkway, I was literally walking on air and the chamber with the switched didn't have any floors and walls.

There's the usual framerate issues here and there, and the ocasional black screen crash where the game hangs and you need to do a hard reset of the console. Nonetheless it was a great game to earn a stack.  Really enjoyed it despite its shortcomings.

On 24/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, IoIly said:

Do not use difficulty modes which were added by update to avoid bugs. I played Novice mode and one elevator did not open for me. I had to restart game and delete save file

So that explains it.  Had a NOVICE run for the no-deaths playthrough and I've had doors that wouldn't open at all stopping me from progressing in the game. One particular part of the game that bugged out on me was the time you re-enter the air-dock after aligning/configuring/calibrating the satelite for the Torrens. The scene didn't show the alien fall from the ceiling thus not trigerring the door to open.

You should not have restarted the game and/or deleted the game/save files. First try restaring the Mission chapter.  It's gonna take you back from the beginning and you will lose progress but that's better than restarting the game from scratch... if the bugs still persist then reload an earlier Mission chapter and carry on with the story. By the way, this is for those who went for two playthroughs starting with HARD mode first... then reloaded Mission 1 (not start a new game), changed the difficulty to NOVICE and then played on overwriting the existing game data/progress. This is something others have avoided doing thinking it won't unlock the ONE SHOT trophy, and here I am telling you folks that replaying Mission Chapters WILL unlock trophies. Just did this experiment myself, a big gamble out of curiousity that paid off.

Edited by eispan71
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...