The Great Spam Hunt

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

That really encourages going for some difficult trophies - not 1f61c.png

Would be more encouraging if the point value was the plat %. None of this 100-rarity....more common the plat the higher quality Spam :P

I think 1 point per trophy is the best way to do this though

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CjShai said:

The JP / HK / KR Psn stores were revered

I mean, the last of those is kinda hard to revere when most of us can't get on to it unless we happened to know someone really generous or were willing to shell out money. :P

That said, this should be interesting to follow. I mean, considering what happened the last time Unknown was involved in a trophy race, it'll be interesting to see if Shai can best him. :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

To you as well. Props for a well done and hilarious OP. 

Oh and btw I was winning even before this thread was made.....hopefully you take the lead at some point this year :P

Thanks, if I missed anything let me know and can add. I concede you were and still are winning but let us not forget how last year finished up, Perhaps you could remind me ?

Edited by CjShai

January Point Update

Well month one of 2018 is already in the books, kinda crazy 1/12 of the year already dusted. Although having been on holidays for a month and a half one can barely judge the day let alone the passing of time. Next week is going to be a shock back into reality. Anyway that fun can wait,

Trophies Earnt     Plats Earnt     Trophies Per Day (TPD)    As a % of 2017 total *    Difference           Project total 

MrUnknown625   899                   27                    29                                         10.9%           6.4 Gain TPD               10585

Cjshai                  873                  19                     28.16                                    10%              4.36 Gain TPD              10278

So it looks like you bring us into Feb with a 26 trophy lead. Impressive start for us both, will be interesting to see the TPD numbers adjust now the Teams League mayhem is over. Still both moving ahead of 2017 pace. 

Best of luck for Feb, may you find Mario, Zelda, Forza, a pack of cards, or anything else Sony haven't trophy endorsed. Have fun.
Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

Awesome update :), kind of was just thinking it'd be just the trophy totals, you out did yourself.

Thought the plats and rarities not mattering would make the updates super easy.....looking at column 3 though maybe that is why this was the preferred system.

You cut the gap by over half...I am almost contemplating contemplating about contemplating if I should be contemplating about being concerned.

And I might play some Eternal or Shadowverse....

• Like 1

mmmm contemplating contemplation, a very interesting strategy. I think Shadowverse has alot to offer, have you perhaps thought about putting your skills to the test in Crossfire ....... 300 hours could just disappear. If you embark on that journey and I maintain my 1 Persona 5 trophy a month things could get interesting.

Now that Twin Robots is done I have some contemplation of my own to do, shall it be VR - The Inpatient, Aaero (blind purchase who knows what it is), AC Origins, VN (lol always) or something even more obscure .........

Edited by CjShai

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick checkin, was thinking would just do updates mid month and end of month, so will have one up next week. 

Congrats on the Saturday Morning RPG plat, game looks quite fun, I imagine there is a bit of a grind at the end though. I was thinking about your comment re 4 Goddess Online and while it does only require the skill of an OCD monkey to smash the buttons and the never ending side quest line was a trifle obnoxious I think on the whole some of the writing made it acceptable. The female Kirito character just cracked me up the whole time. I assume you are skipping all of that this time around. 

Now I may have slowed down a fraction so I don't doubt you have pulled a finger ahead but I went on a lovely game purchase spree today, not all "trophy games" and probably a few that are to hard for me but I see the gap shrinking over the remainder of the month. When it decides to cool down over here I envisage some VR trophy joy too, there do seem to have been a few gems in the last couple of months.

On 26/01/2018 at 3:58 PM, CjShai said:

mmmm the format looks fine on my iMac but dreadful on the iPad, well guess 1 for 2 will be fine. Goodluck @MrUnknown625, should be a fun ride. I assume we are both shooting for 8k+ again this year.

This is why Cider is the only apple product I use.... ?

But back on topic, good luck to you both, will definitely be keeping track of what you play for ideas to increase my trophy count.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CjShai said:

Now I may have slowed down a fraction so I don't doubt you have pulled a finger ahead but I went on a lovely game purchase spree today, not all "trophy games" and probably a few that are to hard for me but I see the gap shrinking over the remainder of the month. When it decides to cool down over here I envisage some VR trophy joy too, there do seem to have been a few gems in the last couple of months.

Don't worry last 2 days I played more Eternal than ps games,gap might have closed already. But Secret of Mana coming soon....game I am actually really looking forward too

• Like 1

Feb Mid Month Update

Well the pace has definitely slowed as to be expected after the spamfest that was January. It appears that thanks to an indulgence in some Retro Arcade shooters, which are actually quite fun that I may have snaked the lead by 29 trophies. Plat numbers are a somewhat respectable 7 and 8 apiece and the monthly trophy counts still keep us ahead of last years pace, if on a somewhat downward trend. ?  I think it is going to be a very close race throughout the year. 

Indulged in a bit of a gaming spree this week so have plenty of new titles waiting to get a go. Not having any fighting abilities I am not sure why I thought picking up DragonBallFightersZ would be a good move but hey could be fun. I did manage to draw the line at Dissidia though. Pretty safe to say button mashing skills are not going to carry me far in that one. I am intrigued why you left that last scene trophy in 4 Goddess Online. Have you simply lost the will to mash through one more level, of course after fighting the same final boss battle 12485 times through those eternal side quests I don't blame you. Perhaps the allure of those lovely ladies and their water pistols is proving to much to resist. Actually perhaps I need some quiet time with Peach Beach as well.

I need something decent on Vita as I am closing in on finishing the current 2 rhythm games. I see Secret of Mana is going to be a Vita and PS4 release. I assume no cross buy. Do you think it would play ok on Vita or is it more of a PS4 game ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CjShai said:

Feb Mid Month Update

I need something decent on Vita as I am closing in on finishing the current 2 rhythm games. I see Secret of Mana is going to be a Vita and PS4 release. I assume no cross buy. Do you think it would play ok on Vita or is it more of a PS4 game ?

I slowed to a crawl this past week, 3 days to finish Nightmares fro the deep 3....guess I need to spread out NftD 4 take 4 days now.

Secret of Mana is on my very near future to do list. I'd go with ps4 though

Cyber D is going to be #1200.

Water pistols...why use those when there are water grenade launchers, gattling guns and sniper rifles. Super soakers sure have come a long way since I was younger. Maybe they did exist I was just unaware of the M rated weaponry.

As for your vita, I was looking through your list and why not go back to sounds shapes.....WAIT why haven't you finished sound shapes by now ???????

Edited by MrUnknown625
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Cyber D is going to be #1200.

Water pistols...why use those when there are water grenade launchers, gattling guns and sniper rifles. Super soakers sure have come a long way since I was younger. Maybe they did exist I was just unaware of the M rated weaponry.

As for your vita, I was looking through your list and why not go back to sounds shapes.....WAIT why haven't you finished sound shapes by now ????1f3b5.png1f3b6.png1f55b.png

Ahh saving for #1200, makes sense.

Lol yes the development in super soaker tech is really pushing the boundaries now. That game is so fantastically out there it makes me smile whenever I go back to it. I am just finishing Senran Kagura Bon Appetite. A cooking rhythm game with nudity, I mean obvious right. Perhaps they will combine Peach Beach and Bon Appetite, now that would be deliciously mad.

WAIT why haven't you finished sound shapes by now ????1f3b5.png1f3b6.png1f55b.png

Not all games have to be (or should be finished), you had better be careful I might slowly convert you to the dangerous breed of Spam Hunter known as the non completionist ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CjShai said:

Not all games have to be (or should be finished), you had better be careful I might slowly convert you to the dangerous breed of Spam Hunter known as the non completionist 1f632.png

I think SS is one that any great spam hunter NEEDS to finish. I mean completing a trophy/game 1 time and getting 6x the reward....why pass that up?

• Like 4

I was referred by a young fanboy of yours to the podcast you did last year. It was quite interesting. However it did make me realise how different gamers we are. I did have to laugh at Hakooms response that if you can't afford trophy hunting you shouldn't be a trophy hunter, very practical.

It only makes it more interesting now, completionist spam hunter vs spam hunter without self control. Interesting times ahead.....

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

I know plenty of trophy hunters that aren't rich and they are still trophy hunters ...but they play actual games instead of 75% VNs and trophy trash :P . Phrase should read "If you you can't afford spam hunting you should be a spam hunter"

But spam hunters embrace all games. There is no game more spam worthy (unspamworthy ? hmm i don't know the correct usage here ) than another. A trophy is a trophy is a trophy as a spam hunter is a spam hunter is awesome.

But yeah my self imposed handicap is going to make beating you all the sweeter.

You know you are getting older when youthful optimism and delusion is replaced by pragmatic realisation. Perhaps this year will age you somewhat.

Speaking of interesting...want to make things more interesting?

How about the winner gets to choose what psn avatar and psnp avatar the loser displays for say 3 months. So every time they log on , earn a trophy, have some one view their profile etc. they can be reminded "Oh yeah, that's right I lost to that Unknown fella."

I do enjoy a good bet, especially one that leaves a lasting memory of embarrassment and a reminder of loss. As I feel the margin is very fine in this race I think we really need to double down, it will make it more intense towards the end. Let us up it to 6 months for the avatar selection and the loser (presumably you) has to change your member title on this site to " Beaten by Cj ",  in the unlikely event you win I will abandon Spam Hunter and replace it accordingly with " Beaten by MrUnknown ". I have grown very fond of my ice wolf so if anything this will just spur me on even more. I hope the pace is manageable for you.

Edit : Could you please message me the link to that cat avatar, I am entertaining the idea of a brief change and it is fantastic.....

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, CjShai said:

I do enjoy a good bet, especially one that leaves a lasting memory of embarrassment and a reminder of loss. As I feel the margin is very fine in this race I think we really need to double down, it will make it more intense towards the end. Let us up it to 6 months for the avatar selection and the loser (presumably you) has to change your member title on this site to " Beaten by Cj ",  in the unlikely event you win I will abandon Spam Hunter and replace it accordingly with " Beaten by MrUnknown ". I have grown very fond of my ice wolf so if anything this will just spur me on even more. I hope the pace is manageable for you.

Edit : Could you please message me the link to that cat avatar, I am entertaining the idea of a brief change and it is fantastic.....

You got yourself a deal sir.

Search 'vivid kitten' in the psn store (there are 3 of them actually. That princess one is nice as well

• Like 3

I am anticipating this update. I played some amazing high grade spam yesterday. 2 games, 5 min each oh and I didn't have to do anything other than hold R1. One even had a plat. I should be back. on top now.

I see you are taking an earn an average of 1 trophy per game approach

• Like 1