Trophy thoughts?

Darkette

Pretty straightforward list that boils down to simply beating all the levels + collectibles. I can see this being pretty difficult depending on how assist mode will affect trophies. I doubt any of the levels in the game will be too challenging at 50% speed with infinity stamina, extra airdashes and invincibility turned on.

I do look forward to playing it either way.

22 minutes ago, Happy said:

Pretty straightforward list that boils down to simply beating all the levels + collectibles. I can see this being pretty difficult depending on how assist mode will affect trophies. I doubt any of the levels in the game will be too challenging at 50% speed with infinity stamina, extra airdashes and invincibility turned on.

I do look forward to playing it either way.

Never knew of such a mode, hopefully it disables trophies or it would be pretty cheap.

I'd wager this game is very, very difficult to obtain 100%.

42 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

I saw the dunkey review and got interested in it, as for as trophies it seems to be just complete all levels, even the hard ones (the mixtape ones he mentions, I suppose.)

I love that Dunkey is becoming a solid, level-headed reviewer.  He can still crank up the wackiness, but when he praises a game in his calm persona, I bet sales rise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

I'd wager this game is very, very difficult to obtain 100%.

I love that Dunkey is becoming a solid, level-headed reviewer.  He can still crank up the wackiness, but when he praises a game in his calm persona, I bet sales rise.

0/5. Best game ever.

Played the game before the release on a convention and couldn't stop playing. Game is really well polished and I'm glad that is has a beautiful trophy list banner(well, and nice trophy images)!

Hell yeah another matt game on PSN! I'm going to play this tonight and try to get a feel of the difficulty.

It would be an awesome VITA game but that's only a dream.

PS: The banner is manually updated by the staff, they usually pick an awesome banner. 

I completed one of the b-sides and holy hell it was brutal. About 400 deaths and an hour of playtime. Edit: I just checked and apparently i was first achiever for it. Somehow finished that one trophy before grannytranny who was 2nd.

Now I'm curious if the assist mode works for trophies. Hopefully it doesn't.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I completed one of the b-sides and holy hell it was brutal. About 400 deaths and an hour of playtime.

Now I'm curious if the assist mode works for trophies. Hopefully it doesn't.

I saw your video of one of the B-Sides and gave it a like. It looks right up my alley, this will definitely be the next game I do. I don’t usually look at reviews either but it seems it’s getting a lot of 10’s, even from IGN..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dark said:

I saw your video of one of the B-Sides and gave it a like. It looks right up my alley, this will definitely be the next game I do. I don’t usually look at reviews either but it seems it’s getting a lot of 10’s, even from IGN..

Nice and thank you! I was wondering where all those views came from lol. I'm just sad I didn't get more time in. I was so focused I didn't even think about changing the capture time. Luckily for chapter 3 I changed capture time to an hour so the entire chapter was able to go up.

This is my video for the B-side. There's only two segments from the level there though. So it's really only 15% of the full level.  I may upload chapter 4 or the chapter 3 B-side tonight.

But I'm absolutely in love with this game. It reminds me so much of the challenges I had with super meat boy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dark said:

Just spoke to one of the devs and he confirmed all achievements are attainable via assist mode, which in my opinion isn’t a good move. I’ll be playing it normally anyway since I don’t buy solely based on trophies, but it’s something to know I guess.

Damn. Was hoping this was gonna be an ultra rare platinum, but with assist mode allowing you to unlock trophies this game is gonna be another quick easy platinum. I'm still gonna beat it without assist mode though. It just doesn't feel right to cheat a game like this. But being able to use invincibility and still able to get trophies is super cheap.

Maybe Matt didn't feel like being an absolute bastard with the trophies like he was in Towerfall. :P 

I'll still do it proper, I'm pretty sure using assist mode just to get the trophies goes completely against the message the game is trying to convey, so doing that you're really only going to ruin your own experience with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gage said:

Maybe Matt didn't feel like being an absolute bastard with the trophies like he was in Towerfall. :P 

I'll still do it proper, I'm pretty sure using assist mode just to get the trophies goes completely against the message the game is trying to convey, so doing that you're really only going to ruin your own experience with it. 

Just now, aZombieDictator said:

Damn. Was hoping this was gonna be an ultra rare platinum, but with assist mode allowing you to unlock trophies this game is gonna be another quick easy platinum. I'm still gonna beat it without assist mode though. It just doesn't feel right to cheat a game like this.

I feel the exact same, this clearly isn’t a game that’s supposed to be cheesed through, the whole point of the B (and C?) levels is to provide challenge. That completely goes when Assist mode is an option. For the main story’s chapter trophies maybe I could understand, but for the rest hell nah. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dark said:

I feel the exact same, this clearly isn’t a game that’s supposed to be cheesed through, the whole point of the B (and C?) levels is to provide challenge. That completely goes when Assist mode is an option. For the main story’s chapter trophies maybe I could understand, but for the rest hell nah. 

I probably will use the cheats to clean up, but only once I'm done and when the game has mentally broken me lol. I kinda wish I didn't know the cheats works, it's so tempting now. But I'm definitely gonna resist. I beat one of the B-sides so I can definitely get pretty far without the cheats.

• Like 1

Sorry for those that wanted an UR plat but the fact that it has assists actually hooks me into getting it. I always wanted to try SMB but wasn't confident enough to have it on my profile and fail, at least having the option to cheat as a last resort is more appealing. Definitely picking this up, it looks great!

Not even talking about trophies, when I first heard assist mode being available anywhere I thought this must be a bug. I mean your design philosophy is to create a challenging platformer and yet let people who are not as experienced to enjoy the story.

Letting people use assists during story is fine. You've made a lot of effort to create a good story so you want to let as many people to experience it as possible. Then you create these intentionally challenging levels to provide interesting challenges for the more experienced players. No matter how you name it, assist mode is basically a god mode and you allow it to be used on these levels as well? I'd really want to know why. Why would you create a challenging game and then give players a tool that trivializes everything?

Also, it should be given that using god mode should lock trophies but just thinking in terms of game design, this is the type of decision that has made me really hesitant to even getting the game since I don't want to support this type design. Obviously you don't have to use it and some won't but just providing the option is bad enough.

• Like 4

@Synophis I thought the exact same, I usually naturally think cheats disable trophies/achievements of some sort so I thought nothing of it. Here’s the official word after Horheristo posted about it on steam. 

https://imgur.com/a/6lyA3

I’ve already bought the game so I’ll play it, but with this type of mindset the developer’s have towards rewarding people, it won’t be prioritised and they won’t be getting money from me again. Their reasoning behind it is beyond me.

Edited by Dark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, g-bake_1986 said:

Think you guys are being a little harsh. Trophy percentage aside - as long as you get enjoyment out of the game, and aren't affected competitively, what does it matter how other people choose to play the game? There are many other games that use assists (eg driving games) and many games such as puzzle where you can find answers online. As long as these methods are optional you can make the game as challenging as you wish.

Not being harsh, just speaking my side on the matter. In a competitive sense, everyone is being affected since you can’t differentiate people that took time and effort to 100% it legitimately to the people that cheesed through using invincibility. The game was designed to be difficult but instead the developers main focus is the people that are afraid of it. It doesn’t make sense. If there was a really easy game people brought solely for trophies, only to find out they were only unlockable through a hidden brutal mode, I’m sure the majority would come out. It’s just a disappointment to the crowd it at first tried to appeal.  

• Like 3