Little question for MH veterans...

DeepEyes7

I know that this game is more fun in multiplayer and so, but it's possible to do all the things on the trophy list (beside the multiplayer quests trophies obviously) alone? Or there is things that are locked for multiplayer only (Like stupid Destiny), it's possible to hunt even the biggest monsters alone?

Thanks!

Here is an example of a quest using the same equipment both times while the PSN network went down and at Rank 6 on the Monster Hunter ranking
(I was lacking in the armor but could not get any better for my current weapon at the time)

Multiplayer with 3 other people - 11 minutes
Single player - 29 minutes (2 deaths / you are allowed 3 before you fail)

It is also worthy to note that a lot of missions have a timer most are 50 minutes but there are a few 30 minutes in there as well.
So yes the main bulk of the game can be done in single player but it is going to boost your play time by a fair bit.

4 hours ago, VetoShizuko said:

Yeah you can do the big monsters alone if you want. You aren't really forced to multiplayer unless you're gonna go for all trophies. This is monster hunter tho so you're gonna do multiplayer eventually lol 

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Here is an example of a quest using the same equipment both times while the PSN network went down and at Rank 6 on the Monster Hunter ranking
(I was lacking in the armor but could not get any better for my current weapon at the time)

Multiplayer with 3 other people - 11 minutes
Single player - 29 minutes (2 deaths / you are allowed 3 before you fail)

It is also worthy to note that a lot of missions have a timer most are 50 minutes but there are a few 30 minutes in there as well.
So yes the main bulk of the game can be done in single player but it is going to boost your play time by a fair bit.

Nice example, thanks.

Now I have a noob question since my experience with multiplayer games is most in the Destiny line and similar... In Monster Hunter you need to organize a team before going to hunt a monster or you can find people in the world and help them with a monster? Or there is any kind of matchmaking?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Nice example, thanks.

Now I have a noob question since my experience with multiplayer games is most in the Destiny line and similar... In Monster Hunter you need to organize a team before going to hunt a monster or you can find people in the world and help them with a monster? Or there is any kind of matchmaking?

Thanks!

You can play with friends or random people through the world so the game has cross play. #StillWaitingOnMyCopy 

2 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Nice example, thanks.

Thanks!

If you start a quest and it's open people can join.
There is even a feature where you can shoot an SOS Flare into the sky that puts your quest on an SOS board so that other players know you need urgent help.

7 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

Can you do story missions with other players?

5 hours ago, Splathew said:

Yes.

BUT ... only if every player in the party, INCLUDING THE HOST, has seen the cutscene of a new monster appearing in that quest, if it has one. (most do)

Basically, you can only play them with others if you reached a certain point in the quest and the other players have reached this point as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/26/18 at 4:23 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

I know that this game is more fun in multiplayer and so, but it's possible to do all the things on the trophy list (beside the multiplayer quests trophies obviously) alone? Or there is things that are locked for multiplayer only (Like stupid Destiny), it's possible to hunt even the biggest monsters alone?

Thanks!

Monsters in multiplayer (2 players or more) get their health multiplicated by 2,6. So it has less than half life if you go alone. And during solo play, you get a cat as a partner, so that the monster not always attacks you. Also later your cat can recruit wild small monsters or wild cats, so that you fight alongside 2 npc supports. 

If you have a decent set of gear and you play smoothly, you can farm stuff faster in solo play than online with randoms.

Edited by Narutofreak1412