Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

I've finally finished Chaos;Child.  Honestly took way longer than I expected since I kept putting of doing the extra routes and bad ends.  Pretty fun VN with an interesting story. If you enjoyed Steins;Gate then I would recommend this.  I'm probably gonna keep playing some VN's for a while, looking at VA-11 HALL-A next since I already have it installed.

Also decided I'm not gonna get the platinum for Infinite Warfare.  Managed to burn myself out of the zombies pretty quick so for now I'm  done with it.

I'm thinking about grabbing the Corpse Party games soon, or at the very least Blood Drive since it's on sale.  I'll need to finish a few more games if I want all 3 of them though, and I wanna make sure I have 3 points for the Spyro remaster so I might hold off for now.

• Like 4

@kassadra: that is an impressive platinum. I still have to finish up Rayman Origins on the VITA (but hey, that is why I am in this thread in the first place ?)

I decided to remove BF1 from my list as 1 codex is not achievable after patch xxx. Since I have the digital version I can not downgrade it. Shame as I always like to have the BF games on platinum. And I am proud on myself, up until now I didn't buy a game for 1,5 month, even now since there are some interesting deals in the PSN store. I just looked at my backlog list here and I thought...nah....not going to do it ?

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Anothe rgame finished,Gone Home, 100%. Not much to say about it, nice title! brings my total on 6 finished games since my start.

One of my fav 100% that I have completed. I could replay it just for fun, even without trophies. It is just a relaxing game. Only pain was that beat the game in a minute. I dont know how many times I did it until it clicked.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

One of my fav 100% that I have completed. I could replay it just for fun, even without trophies. It is just a relaxing game. Only pain was that beat the game in a minute. I dont know how many times I did it until it clicked.

Same here....I was 100% certain I did beat the game in under 1 minute. Timed it a couple of time with my phone but nothing popped up. Don't no what the trigger was but when it did pop I was happy.

Yeah relaxing game and a lovely voice over

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 1

Okay, now I have a bit of time I'm going to do my update for the games I've done since my last update!^_^

Platinum #5: The Adventure Pals

La9cfd3.png

Brought for £11.99

Platinum in 1 Week and 1 Day

Rating: 11/10 ;)

The Adventure Pals is an epic tale of a small boys quest, aided by his best friend Sparkles the Giraffe and your pet Rock, to save his father and all adults from being turned into Hotdogs by the infamous Mr B! Along the way, you make a large and quirky amount of new friends including, but not limited to, a fashion loving whale, a cat that loves to eat all of your hard earned Cupcakes and even fight bosses such as a giant tree that can only be damaged when it drops it's 'branches' to reveal it's heart underwear ?! Everything about this game is an absolute blast and a joy to play! :D Even the Collectables are amazingly fun to collect as you have a Sticker Book to fill, which took me right back to my primary school days when I would stand a trade my stickers in the playground, to having to collect Cupcakes for a cat that really should be watching it's waste-line a little more. 

All in all, The Adventure Pals is an amazing little indie game that everyone who is looking for a light and cute relief from other games should definitely look into playing!

Played on PS4

Platinum #6: Lone Survivor: Director's Cut

L6adf63.png

Brought for £2.99

Platinum in 2 Days and 22 Hours

Rating: 10/10

Lone Survivor tells the story of You, a nameless survivor who wakes up in an apartment determined to escape whatever nightmare he is trapped in. I can't really say much about Lone Survivor without spoiling it for everyone, so I won't, but what I can say is that it is a very interesting, disturbing and a greatly detailed and imaginative horror game that everyone should play and as it's always in some sort of sale, you really have no excuse ;)

Played on PS4

Platinum #7: Claire: Director's Cut

L3aa1a5.png

Brought for £3.99

Platinum in 18 Hours and 33 Minutes

Rating: 8/10

Claire tells the story of a young woman, named Claire ;), who becomes trapped in a monster filled alternative reality of her own life and memories, and must escape in order to survive. Claire is a perfect game for anyone who loves 2D survival horror games that have an interesting story-line and a scare filled environment. I did really like this game, but for me, after playing Lone Survivor, there was really no beating it as it just seemed to me like it wasn't as detailed or big compared to Lone Survivor. That, on top of the numerous amounts of glitches I experienced, made playing through and platting this game a bit of a nightmare on it's own. I'd only recommend it if your not to fussed about restarting glitches and you want a relatively quick platinum.

Played on PS4

100% #1: The Park

spacer.pngL9bcca1.png

Brought for £2.00

100% in 2 Hours and 41 Minutes

Rating: 5/10

Welcome to The Park, a horror game set in an amusement park that tells the story of Lorraine, a single mother whose child Callum goes 'missing' at the amusement park they visit every year. The Park is actually quite a solid game in terms of story, game play and exploration, although this can seem quite linear at times especially towards the end of the game. I gave this a 5/10 because, for me, The Park is just to short and I would have loved to see more of it and more of the story of Lorraine and Callum because the ending left me wanting more and also left me with a ton of questions. 

Played on PS4

Platinum #8: L.A. Cops

L8b0998.png

Brought for £3.00

Platinum in 2 Days and 21 Hours

Rating: 6/10

It's the 1970's, where big hair and even bigger mustaches ruled and the cops were about as professional and law abiding as that burglar running away from that jewellers. L.A. Cops tells the story of a group of cops stationed in L.A. who come up against corruption, terrorism and extremely bad hair. L.A. Cops is a solid game with plenty of solid game-play and characters to keep you busy, but only if you play the game once. If your going for the platinum, then you'll have to play each level 3 times in order to complete all of the difficulties, as the don't stack. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as Nightmare Mode can actually be quite fun but it does mean that the game can become VERY repetitive quite quickly, but is also very simple at the same time. I'd recommend it if you wanted to do a simple platinum but apart from that, I'd recommend you don't go for the trophies as the amount of playthroughs will drive you insane.

Played on PS4

So that's my big update! I've updated my Original Post to reflect these platinum's and I've got to say, it's really great to see that progress that you make in games set out like our posts are! As for my next game, I've started Dead Rising 4 on the Xbox One and I've got to say, it's a ton of fun!

• Like 4

On 16/10/2018 at 8:20 AM, Kassandra said:

Finished the story!

L4544d2.png

I finished chapters eight, nine and the epilogue last night, which went over pretty quickly considering how big chapter seven was. I'll get the platinum at some point but I want to focus on some unfinished stories too.

All in all, great game. It's an improvement upon almost everything in the series, and I love to see what they do next time.

Well, I guess Assassin's Creed Odyssey did a better job of keeping me invested in the game post-story because...

Got the platinum!

L4544d2.png

Truly a great game, and probably my favourite in the series (used to be II/Brotherhood but those are aging badly).

On 20/10/2018 at 9:51 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@kassadra: that is an impressive platinum. I still have to finish up Rayman Origins on the VITA (but hey, that is why I am in this thread in the first place ?)

... *Kassandra ;)

Rayman Legends is a blast to play, and not too hard if you're into platformers. Legends also has most of Origins inside as bonus levels.

On 20/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Another game finished: Gone Home, 100%. Not much to say about it, nice title! brings my total on 6 finished games since my start.

On 20/10/2018 at 5:43 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

On 20/10/2018 at 6:41 PM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Same here....I was 100% certain I did beat the game in under 1 minute. Timed it a couple of time with my phone but nothing popped up. Don't no what the trigger was but when it did pop I was happy.

Yeah relaxing game and a lovely voice over

Uhg, I was looking forward to Gone Home, but when I played it, I just found it uninteresting and dull. As far as walking-story-puzzling games go, I think games like The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter, Firewatch, The Talos Principle, The Witness and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture are great titles that are deserving of good reviews much more than Gone Home.

• Like 4

Okay I need to rant here a little, so please forgive me.

I am so pissed off with Digimon. Going along, collecting the cards so I don't have to play it through too many times, resetting as I go. Get to the Lava Pit (Final Level), with Gabumon. Doesn't look like the card is showing up so it doesn't matter if I get hit right? Sure, whatever. The chest after the last trash fight gives me a card. Fuck, now I have to complete the level if I want to keep it. But I took damage during that fight.

If you take damage during the level, you start the boss with that much health. So now I'm at the last boss and I have half as much health as I should have. Oh well, maybe I can beat him anyway. Nope. He hits so hard, I could maybe do it if he didn't use his ultimate. You cannot dodge enemy ultimates. Other side of the map? You're still getting hit by that shit. Your ultimates can miss though, and be assured that they will. There's no way for me to heal up, so I either have to keep trying to kill him on half health which could take God knows how many tries, or restart the level and lose my card.

Why did I ever start this stupid fucking game?

• Like 3

On 10/20/2018 at 11:34 AM, Asvinia said:

Finished the story of Digimon All-Star Rumble with Agumon. I guess I'll slowly chip away at the trophies and hopefully get the plat after a while, even if I have to spread the money grind over a few months of just doing a little a day.

Good luck with this one. Spreading it out is definitely a good idea.

I thought I could power through it all at once, and was horribly mistaken. After 100 hours of grinding, I was still nowhere close and couldn't take it anymore. x_x

• Like 1

I started Skyward Sword again on the Wii U

ss2.jpg

I'm not really gaming much at the moment. A few days ago I started to replay Skyward Sword, it's pretty much my favorite Zelda game. (Do we have Zelda fans here?)

I only payed this one once back in 2012 and loved the hell out of it. I'm really enjoying it again and it reminds me of all the things I dearly missed when playing Breath of the Wild.

I'll write more when when I'm done with the game.

I still have one review to write, Yakuza 0. I think I'll do that later today.

Yeah, not too much to report gaming-wise. Maybe that will change with Read Dead Redemption 2 but it seems like I won't even start it when arrives, Probably more like next week or the week after that.

J

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Why did I ever start this stupid fucking game?

Considering we're talking about a Digimon game here, I'm willing to bet the answer is "for the trophies". :)

I don't really know anything about Digimon except that it started as a Pokémon knock-off, so I'm not expecting much of a video game about it.

3 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Do we have Zelda fans here?

You know you do...

Okay I'm not a huge fan, but I do tend to enjoy the games.

1. Ocarina Of Time
  2. Breath Of The Wild (should probably be above Ocarina but Ocarina was such an eye opener for me... I hadn't played any RPG adventure games before Ocarina)
  3. Link To The Past

I never played Skyward Sword, though I would definitely play it if we got a re-release for the Switch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

I never played Skyward Sword, though I would definitely play it if we got a re-release for the Switch.

Man, I'd love that sooo much.

Many People seemed to hate it but I can't really understand why. It's such a great and beautiful game, all the dungeons and bosses are amazing and there is so much fun to be had.

Probably my ''dream Zelda game'' would be the openess from BotW mixed with the great dungeon and upgrade design from Skyward Sword.

I can never rank Zelda games because there are a handful I love so much. But my favorites definitely are:

Skyward Sword

Majoras Mask

Ocarina of time

The Minish Cap

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Considering we're talking about a Digimon game here, I'm willing to bet the answer is "for the trophies". :)

I don't really know anything about Digimon except that it started as a Pokémon knock-off, so I'm not expecting much of a video game about it.

I like Digimon though :( Digimon World is good, the Cyber Sleuth games are mediocre JRPGs that use a Pokemon-type formula, but they're not awful. The PS1 fighting games were good too, but this one is an abomination that should never exist. I get peoples gripes about Digimon, but it started as a tamagotchi and unfortunately the Western marketing changed enough about the series in an attempt to ride off of the Pokemon fame that people assume it was a Pokemon rip. Monster Rancher sadly gets slapped with the Pokemon knock-off brush as well despite it's differences. Pokemon definitely beats them out in terms of game quality though.

• Like 2

So small medicore update:

I am moving across country to Indiana! Have a job lined up (Whole Foods - yay) and just have to find a place to rent. In the process of tying up loose ends here in California, cleaning the apartment, saying goodbye to my friends and job for the past few years, all in all it is a much needed change...

But, the point of this post. I will be without internet until I don't know. I am hoping we find a place pretty quickly, but we will see. We leave in 4 days, and I can't really see any time for playing anything during all the packing and such.

Good luck to everyone over the Halloween season and into Novemeber, I hope to see you all in time for Turkey Day shenanigans :D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kassandra said:

That's not even true. Digimon started as a way to market Tamagotchi's to boys. There was speculation that the show was created to capitalize off of Pokemon's success, but there's never been any more than just speculation, and really only from people who know nothing about Digimon. The shows are so vastly different that it's pretty obvious it wasn't trying to copy Pokemon. For example, the Digimon are actually characters. They can talk and they are partners to their human counterparts. Not just expendable monsters that get collected and just battle others. The stories overall are also far more in-depth and complicated. There's actual character development and more realistic character interactions too.

There's also been plenty of great Digimon games. Like Digimon World 3, Digimon World DS, Digimon World Dusk/Dawn, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. Digimon Links is actually a pretty good mobile game too. Yeah, All-Star Rumble isn't a good game, but it's not like all Pokemon games are good either. And every franchise is going to have bad games after being around for 20 years.

It always bugs me when people say that about Digimon, because it's just not true. I love both Digimon and Pokemon, but they are very different things. The only real similarities are the "mon" in their names and that they can both change forms.

• Like 1

Two good news items for me...

Got the 100%!

Ld16826.png

In a surprise twist, I got the last two The Last Tinker trophies this month. Felt like upping the trophy count on some older games for a change so I got some random stuff in Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia, fed the final Jeffs in Life Goes On and then I went on to The Last Tinker, which is a dull game and has stupid collectables which is why it took me so long to get the 100%, even though I was only two hours or so away from the final 40% in trophy weight.

Bought a game!

L62e251.png

I've been enjoying Starlink on my Switch so much, I've decided to buy it for PS4 as well (and I also bought the Neptune and Nadir packs). Very fun game, glad I took the leap on the Switch. Now I'll finish the story and Star Fox content on the Switch with Fox McCloud in his Arwing, and on PS4 I'll play through the game slowly with the missus (if she enjoys it too) while I play as Startail in the Zenith or Neptune, I think.

• Like 3

Bought a game!

header.jpg?t=1536831410

MechaNika, from the makers of Agatha Knife (and set in the same town, with the same graphics and gameplay but with a different plot). In this game, pre-teen genius Nika decides to make the world a better place by exterminating anything that's dumb or illogical.

It's up for pre-order, and seeing as I loved Agatha Knife, seeing as MechaNika has had a positive reception on Steam and seeing as it's just €6, I decided to just go ahead and buy it.

• Like 1

I'm still working on getting The World Ends With You Final Remix 100%. Beat the game, got all the noise, finished A New Day, and got all the secret reports so far. I'm up to 80% of the pins mastered and about 90% of the items collected, but I've still got a bit of grinding to go. I love this game so much, that I really don't mind though.

• Like 3

My 3 backlog games that I intend to complete..

1. Devil May Cry - I beat secret mission 8 on mission 15 tonight.. The same 3 beasts that I beat from secret mission 4. Not bad at all.. 

2. Resident evil raccoon city.. ugh..

I need more practice on each map.. playing solo on professional mode was not an easy task.. but I have my own stradegy.. I'll eventually beat this game soon enough..

3. Metal gear solid 2 - finishing up virtual mission.. it's been awhile so I'm not sure how far I have gone thru.. since it has 500 levels.. 

• Like 3

I'm slowly mashing my way through Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires and I'm having fun. I already own half of China and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the series has to offer.

Digimon's going to be an extremely slow mover since I just.. don't like it much lol

I've been gifted Two-Point Hospital and I sold 4 3DS games. (Nintendogs, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Zelda: OoT and Zelda: MM)

• Like 4