Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Ld56f80.pngLe8d369.pngLc5a44a.png

UPDATE::

Finished up three more games off of my backlog. Not quite enough to get me out of the negative, but it's something! Anyway, let's get into these. There all visual novel types too.

The Nonary Games is the first two entries in my favourite series as a collection. 999 was originally on the DS and playing it on the VITA lost the story mechanic with the dual screens that was part of the original DS game. Apart from that, replaying a game I don't have anymore was great. As for the other part of the combined trophy list, Virtue's Last Reward was better, but I'm a bit biased. I originally played VLR before 999 and that coloured my view of the series. While it's partly a visual novel, the other part of the game is a bunch of puzzles and having to play the games on hard is a little obtuse at times.

Steins;Gate 0 was...okay. I was a bit less interested in clearing this entry into the Steins;Gate series. It was...fine, but I had the game on skip have the time.

Wheels of Aurelia, while technically is a novel, the routes you take affect the outcome significantly. And I do mean the routes. You're controlling a car while speaking to a handful of characters, depending on whether or not you've chosen to pick up hitchhikers or not. If you miss one of the off ramps to a different city, then you're set on a different ending from if you had taken that offramp. The endings were all interesting and enjoyable although there are 16 different endings. Not so bad since each run wasn't anymore than 15 minutes long.

Edited by cerafinn
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Destiny-2-logo.jpg

Finished up Destiny 2.

I now completely understand why there was so much backlash for this game. In about 10 hours, I beat the story, did all the strikes, and hit max level. So, I did basically everything in 10 hours. That is just ridiculous for a game like Destiny. It's also functionally identical to the first game. No new mechanics were added, and many assets were reused. It could have easily been an expansion for Destiny 1.

that is impressive, did you get the plat in 10 hours? Any tips & Tricks?

• Like 1

Ok, so I managed to finish Final Fantasy XV, Gravel and Sly 3.

I bought Ray Gigant with the 3 NG points and also bought Lost Dimension, both games are for Vita, leaving me with -3 points.

I am starting to play some PS Plus games that I'm not including in this event, meaning my progress will start to get a little slower.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

that is impressive, did you get the plat in 10 hours? Any tips & Tricks?

I played on PC, so I didn't get any trophies. I didn't do anything too special though. I played it pretty casually. All I did was play the story, do all the public events that I happened to run into that had started, and did some of the adventures that gave gear. Once I was high enough, I did a few strikes, and suddenly I was level 20. I did get lucky and joined a couple of strikes when they were at the very end.

I know the plat would take a lot longer though, because you have to get all of the classes, and I only unlocked the 2 extra hunter classes. And you have to get 15 exotic items, and I only got 1. There's also a trophy for doing 30 challenges, which I only did about 10. The plat would probably require another 20-30+ hours of grinding out strikes, public events, and challenges. Seems like it would be highly dependent on luck of exotic drops and if you can find a group to do the raid on prestige. I did almost everything once, but the plat would require doing everything dozens of times.

• Like 3

bg8ntl.jpg

First Trophy : 15 December 2016

Last trophy: 15 November 2018

Here is one I am proud off. Started this game back in 2016 but got stuck near the end. Thanks to this event I put it back on my 'to play list' , something I would otherwise not have done. The part where I was stuck, i passed by within 2 minutes ?. However, I did have missed a scroll during my first part of play, with only one missing there was no other solution than to start over and get that scroll!

All in all I liked the game (also back in 2016). Think the whole idea of positive and negative energy and the way they have build the puzzles using that, is simply great. It is not an everyday 2D platformer. Game 12 done!

I have added a list with games I own but didn't put it on the backlog list (yet). I have bought so many games during the last years, partly shared with my oldest and youngest son. So I need to look at their accounts too (bought on their accounts but made my PS4 the primary console so that I can play it too).

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 3

Finished the story!

starlink-battle-for-atlas-min.png

Finally got through Starlink on Switch too. Bought it for Switch first but then I got it on PS4 too because it was so cool, and The Messenger suddenly got a bug fix so on Switch I jumped back into that one.

I hope this isn't the last we've seen from this IP, it has a lot of potential.

Pre-ordered two games!

fb9464d9-a5be-4936-b722-859eb0163eee-920

iuzt6qgk49nkz4dwr1dz.jpg

I pre-ordered Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Super Smash Bros Ultimate... And now the infighting will start. Because even though I just pre-ordered two games, I'm not going to count them as bought games. We had this discussion recently, but I stick with my opinion - I'm in this event to prevent myself from oaying money for stuff when I still have games lying around unplayed. Because I look at it from the money angle, I did not, and do still not, count games which I gained through direct trading or through purchases made with trading in games. And I traded in enough games so that I don't have to pay anything for these two games at all.

• Like 2

Super-Mario-Odyssey-affiche.jpg

Finished up Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm just on a roll with these short games lately. This only only took about 6 hours. I was going to collect all of the moons to do the secret world, but I didn't have time. I just borrowed it, and I had to give it back. Great game though. Maybe eventually I'll pick it up and do the extra stuff, but not until it drops in price. Knowing Nintendo, that will probably be never though, haha.

Not really sure what to play next now. Maybe I'll finally finish up Oracle of Ages so I can start Oracle of Seasons and get the true ending of both. That Ages is nightmare though.

• Like 4

av0sh3.jpg

This game came free with Plus some time ago. What a disturbing game this is. It did remind me off Silent Hill on the PS2, it has been a long time ago that a game gave me the shivers. The game was designed for the VR but after the latest patch it is also playable in 2D (which I did). Don't expect too much, it is survival horror, nothing more. No clever puzzles just walking around in a desolate city with some weird creatures which can kill you almost instantly. Loads of collectibles and a guide was needed to find them all. Reading the notes, form the story too.

#13 done, wondering what to play on the PS4 now. RDR2 is a bit slow and I am still not excited about it so I will definitely play something off my back list

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 3

Bought a game!

L17ab86.png

It's like that one level in The Playroom VR, but then it's a whole game. I loved that one level back then and I believe I said something along the lines of hoping Nintendo was watching as this was how cool Super Mario VR could be.

Apparently I wasn't the only one thinking that one level was awesome as they've made a whole game out of it. I noticed it close to release and made a mental note to check reviews when it was out, and in the end completely forgot about it. Well, the game has gotten great reviews, and it's on for €25 now in the Black Friday sale (normal price €40, this is its first sale). Physical used price would be €30 except they never have it used in the stores here.

So I'm pretty glad with this purchase, and probably will play through the game this weekend. Don't expect many finished games from me this week as I just started on Let's Go Pikachu.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 5:37 AM, Agent 47 said:

... I'm just going to go ahead and recommend The Messenger to anyone who says they're not sure what to play next.

That's not on my backlog, but thanks. I'll keep it mind for if I ever have too many points and some money to blow.

I ended up starting Ys Ark of Napishtim, now that I've had a bit of a break between RPGs.

• Like 1

Lf261f0.png

Finished Little Dragons Cafe story. All I need to do now is collect all the ingredients and recipes which might be a little bit of an RNG grind from what I've seen mentioned. My issues about this game were mostly accurate. There are too many ingrediants that are spread too far. You need to limit your menu to only include an item only once. So only use one thing with sugar, one thing with curry sauce etc. Otherwise you're always going to be swapping your menu around. I strongly suspect this was supposed to force you to swap your menu around more often, but it just feels forced. Most of the ingredients you'll never use once you find a menu that works.

The staff pushing me around the cafe stayed an issue for the rest of the game. Being dragged around or pushed away from where I'm trying to get to was really annoying when I was trying to get food to people before they stormed out in anger. A couple of times I became trapped between NPCs and had to wait until they finished talking to be able to move again.

Going back on my previous post again, I was definitely playing some of this game wrong. Because I knew it was created by the same guy behind the Harvest Moon series, I assumed a couple of things about the mechanics. Sleep is not needed in LDC. Once the clock hits midnight, you'll see a summary of how your cafe did that day, and then you can just continue playing as normal. The routine becomes a case of collecting the close things in the morning, helping in the cafe, and then collecting ingredients all through the night until the cafe opens again. The only purpose sleeping serves is as a save feature and to push the story along on a couple of occasions.

Unfortunately though, you can completely ignore the cafe side of the game with little-to-no consequence. Your popularity meter is tied to the story, not how well your cafe did that day. You can get a summary of 'Okay' and your meter will fill a chunk, but later get a rating of 'Happy' and it barely moves a smidge. I think the only consequence of ignoring the cafe side of things will be a lower friendship with the story NPCs. This invisible friendship meter only seems to be important if you plan on getting the all the recipes.

I actually really enjoyed this game, despite the many minor things wrong with it. Controls can be a bit unresponsive which weighs in as well. Because of all these things, it seems clear that the game didn't get the time or the budget it should've done to really polish it. If you like the idea of a cafe sim, or you liked the Harvest Moon series it might be worth giving this a look. It's not worth full price though, so wait until it's about £20/$25

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 3

L3851fb.png

Got the Platinum for Battlefield 1 today. This game lay untouched on my HDD for 2 years! I don't know why I never started it. Two weeks ago I was finally in the mood for some FPS multiplayer action and started some rounds online. After finishing all multiplayer trophies within a week, I also did the singleplayer campaign. And here is the shiny platinum. Best thing is, I could free 115 GB on my hard disk.

This makes game number 17 from my list.

• Like 2

Got the DLC trophies!

L8aa0bd.png

L672cb3.png

Let my brother-in-law play Accounting+ (and Statik) yesterday, and turns out there are new trophies for Accounting+.

Did them all today, the trophy names make it clear what needs to be done (one trick shot in almost each regular level while going in), it's not a new level or something like that so I'm counting it just as 1/3 point, not a full one (or even 1 1/3). It's just getting my 100% back.

It was fun though, and I still recommend this game to anyone who will listen. It's funny, it's stupid, and it's funny because it's stupid.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moosbert said:

L3851fb.png

Got the Platinum for Battlefield 1 today. This game lay untouched on my HDD for 2 years! I don't know why I never started it. Two weeks ago I was finally in the mood for some FPS multiplayer action and started some rounds online. After finishing all multiplayer trophies within a week, I also did the singleplayer campaign. And here is the shiny platinum. Best thing is, I could free 115 GB on my hard disk.

This makes game number 17 from my list.

Moosbert, did you had thebdisc version or the digital one? Patch 1.06 made one if the codexen impossible. The one where you shoot with an AA from the zeppelin

22 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Moosbert, did you had thebdisc version or the digital one? Patch 1.06 made one if the codexen impossible. The one where you shoot with an AA from the zeppelin

I've got the german digital copy. I already deleted it, so I can't check the version. But I did the AA gun challenge on Friday. I needed like 10 tries on Easy, but it is not impossible. Most likely the hardest challenge in the game. I had a glitch with the Dicta Boelke codex (follow the other plane). It only unlocked after I played another campaign and then restart the 1st mission from "Friend in high places".

Just checked again: there were 5-6 achievers of the "Unlock all Codex Entries in Friends in High Places" trophy in the last couple of days. So the AA gun codex is not glitched.

Edited by Moosbert
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Moosbert said:

I've got the german digital copy. I already deleted it, so I can't check the version. But I did the AA gun challenge on Friday. I needed like 10 tries on Easy, but it is not impossible. Most likely the hardest challenge in the game. I had a glitch with the Dicta Boelke codex (follow the other plane). It only unlocked after I played another campaign and then restart the 1st mission from "Friend in high places".

Just checked again: there were 5-6 achievers of the "Unlock all Codex Entries in Friends in High Places" trophy in the last couple of days. So the AA gun codex is not glitched.

thanks mate! Will need to do some codex's to finish this off but was kind of stuck at the AA guns on the zeppelin. The smoke was preventing me to see where the planes where coming from from and apparently they have added that with patch 1.06.

So, I would like to some personal rules to help me motivate me completing more games. Currently, I didn't involve PS Plus games in any way in this event.

Since the backlog I have left from the beginning of the event is smaller, I'm going to add the PS Plus I'm interested on playing on the backlog. However, with a rule.

The PS Plus games I got in 2017/2018 will not cost any NG points. Starting 2019, I can still get the PS Plus games I want, however, whenever I start a 2019 PS Plus game I need the 3 NG points. Then, if I complete the game, I will gain 1 NG point and 1/3 NG points for its plat, like a normal bought game. That way, I can still control my "available" backlog and get more motivated to start games I've gotten from PS Plus and still count for this event.

I will add the PS Plus games whenever I have the time. Ps Plus games wise, I already started with Mafia III and Ratchet & Clank. 

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 2

Ys-VI-The-Ark-of-Napishtim.jpg

Finished up Ark of Napishtim. I'm on a roll lately!

This game apparently gets a bad rap, but I really enjoyed it. It never explicitly told you what to do, but it was always easy to figure out by watching the cutscene or talking to people in the towns. I really liked playing a game that doesnt hold my hand for a change.

It uses the same combat system as The Oath in Felghana and Origin, which is my personal favorite. Lots of fast paced hacking and slashing. It was great. The bosses were all pretty fun, except for the last one. Which is where my only real issue with the game comes from. 

They tell you it's the point of no return and that you wont be able to go back. Pretty standard for RPGs. So I just thought, okay cool whatever, and moved on. Immediately after this point was a save point. I was expecting there to be another section of dungeon before the final boss, so I went ahead and saved. But there wasnt. It immediately throws you into the final boss with no way of leveling up of you're not strong enough. Which I definitely wasnt. I was doing decent damage because i had fully upgraded one of the three swords, but the boss was doing about 1/4 of my health per hit. And that was just the first of 3 forms. After that, there's another form that requires the use of all three swords. I had only fully upgraded one sword, and the other two only a couple of times. So when I had to use the other two swords, I was doing almost no damage, so it took forever to kill the boss. It was an absolute nightmare. It took me about 2 hours of repeatedly dying before i was finally able to beat it. It was really frustrating, and I wish it would have mentioned at least that there was no way to level up after that point.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it though. Now I'm off to play something else. On thinking either Saints Row 2 or FFIX. Going to boot them both up and see which one grabs my attention. 

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 4

Finished the story, got 100%!

Lad8fb9.png

SOMA is a great game.

I could write a whole lot on it but I've already written a huge post for the KYC event and in this case I figured I'd better link to that than just copy the text or try to write something new.

I've since found out that one of the trophies was missable, so the 100% is more than only unmissable trophies and it counts as 1 1/3 for here 

• Like 2