Paleblood

Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

1,075 posts in this topic

Trying to get the annoying trophy Fector's Quest in Stardew Valley so then I can forget about it for the rest of the game. I hate that minigame so damn much. I got to the last level and died when the boss had maybe 2 hits left. I would understand a trophy for finishing the minigame, but for finishing it without dying? /groan

Bought 5 games this week. Technically, I bought Vesperia by trading my old physical games, though.

whelp I finished my 10th game in spyro 2 woot woot Coin me up buddies.

I also just bought Tales of vesperia subtracting another 3 points.

Edited by DatOneSeagull

I finished Rime and bought Zero Escape: The Nonary Games that consists of two games in a single trophy list, yet after I finish the whole bundle, I will get 2 NG out of them. I finished the first Nonary game which is 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, meaning I currently have 1 NG point.

I am also close to finish Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and Ray Gigant.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:05 PM, Asvinia said:

Trying to get the annoying trophy Fector's Quest in Stardew Valley so then I can forget about it for the rest of the game. I hate that minigame so damn much. I got to the last level and died when the boss had maybe 2 hits left. I would understand a trophy for finishing the minigame, but for finishing it without dying? /groan

Were you able to do it?

Agents-of-Mayhem.jpg 

Finished up Agents of Mayhem.

I want to start off by saying I had a great time with this game. So much so that I'm going to go for the plat. Which I haven't felt compelled to do for a game in months. The gameplay is fun, there's a lot of character variety, there were a lot of unlockables, and the story was amusing and didn't take itself too seriously.

All that being said, the game had some issues, and they made some very strange decisions. The biggest issue is that it's just riddled with bugs. There were a lot of missions I had to either reset through the menu because the game just didn't want to load the next part of it, or go to the dashboard to close and reboot the whole game. The game also straight up crashed on me once. A few times when I switched characters it wouldn't let me attack for a while. And a lot of the time when I used Safeword's Mayhem skill, it just didn't work. The music would play and act like it was working, but my weapon just acted normally instead of doing the special shots it's supposed to during Mayhem. These things were infrequent enough that it was just mildly annoying and didn't hinder the experience too much, but they did happen.

Next couple aren't really problems with the game, just decisions that I thought were odd. One being that it's not multiplayer. I wouldn't have played it multiplayer anyway, but it was just really odd that they made a squad based action game and didn't have multiplayer. Even stranger that they had so much RNG. It's like they wanted you go out of your way to grind out the side missions to get a chance at stuff like skins, but there was no real reason to actually do it. It was way better to just play the character stories and pick up chests as you find them. Had there been multiplayer, those side missions would have been way more fun to do, and more people likely would have done them.

This next section has some spoilers. The other decision I thought was just really bizarre, is that they have a little side story about multiple realities seeping into the Mayhem one through these little rifts. Towards the end, you actually get to enter one. It's just incredibly bizarre to me that they didn't use this to connect it back to the Saints Row games. It would have been SO cool to enter the rift and see parts of Stilwater or Steelport. Or even get to team up with the SR version of Gat, Pierce, or Kinzie. I say those characters specifically, because they had the VAs for them. All three were in the game, two as "DLC", but still in the game. Maybe even have just had random enemies dressed as gangs from the various SR games in the rift. Instead, we just got a giant empty space with little platforms of Seoul and you're normal enemies. The whole thing just was just a huge missed opportunity for some fun fan service. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they do eventually do some kind of crossover game. Maybe that's what they've been planning on doing. Having the SR universe move into the AoM universe. I'd certainly like to see that. Having Gat as a cop interacting with Gat as a criminal would just be hilarious.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I made it the first game I played after getting my PS4 back. Going to be catching up on my shows while I finish up the plat, and then I'll be doing my replay of Kingdom Hearts 3D and 0.2 in preparation for Kingdom Hearts 3.

On 14/01/2019 at 6:26 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Were you able to do it?

Not so far. I've finished the minigame, but I don't think I'm ever going to manage to finish without dying.

Will there be a 2019 version of this? I would love to jump in on this for this year. I am 2 backlog games down already for 2019:

Bully 

Spyro 2

Edited by Gumby114

Couldn't stand the waiting. So bought a game for psvr: Killing floor incursion. Also bought move controllers yesterday, so thought it was a good idea to buy a game for it too:D
Let's start playing so I can buy some new games again:D

Stats for now:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/57137-backlog-anonymous-the-event-to-end-all-backloggery-year-1/?do=findComment&comment=1727713

UPDATE:
I fucked up immediately after this post. There was a way to good deal to astro bot rescue mission. So I bought that too. Need to complete 7 more games before I can buy a new one:S

Edited by markie816

Super long update post, w00!!

gunvolt2.jpg

Finished up Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.

This game was simultaneously better and worse than the first game. It's really strange.

In 2 you get to play as both Gunvolt and Copen. However, this is where the weird good/bad dynamic stems. Playing as Copen is super fun.  He can dash around the screen and has a super rapid fire gun. He also plays more like a traditional Mega Man game, in that he gets a special ability from the bosses he defeats. However, playing as Copen makes the game an absolute joke. It's just entirely too easy. You have Gunvolt's ability to dodge any attack, except unlike Gunvolt it's not tied to any kind of gauge. It's instead tied to "bullets". You have 3 bullets max and can reload them whenever you're on the ground. So you can just constantly reload and dodge everything. You also have Gunvolt's ability to block projectiles, but there's no real limit on it. Unlike Gunvolt where it only activates while you're using electric powers and your lightning gauge is draining, Copen's just activates as long as you're not using a special ability. Which is basically all of the time, since Copen's main damage is from his gun. So, Copen is stupid fun, but a bit too easy.

Then there's Gunvolt's side. Playing as Gunvolt is way harder than Copen. It makes the game a bit aggravating. Mainly because you're required to use your gauge for basically everything all the time. Gotta use it to block projectiles. Gotta use it to do damage (which leaves you vulnerable). Gotta use it to dodge. It's like they balanced the game for Copen's skills, but then threw in Gunvolt. In doing so they had to dumb down the game so that Gunvolt wouldn't be destroyed, but it made Copen feel overpowered. 

Then comes the story. I have major issues with the story. Mainly because it does something that always gets on my nerves. It's the same story, but two retellings of it based on which character you're playing. You do different levels depending on which character you are, except the last 4. I have no beef with this type of storytelling, and actually tend to enjoy it. What bugs me, is when they do this, but then make each story have variations so that you don't know what actually is going on. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why bother making different levels for each character if you were going to make the two storylines different anyway? Why  not just let you choose your character and play all of the stages, like in Mega Man X4 or X5? It also annoyed me that in order to get the true ending, you had to beat it with both characters, and then instead of having some kind of special true ending stage, you just had to redo the entire last level. Then at the end, there was another boss after the 6 bosses you already had to fight. So I had to go through and do a boss rush with both characters to get each one's ending.

Like I said, it was simultaneously better and worse than the first game. Being Copen was way more fun than anything in the first game. But there were a lot of issues. Overall though, it was a fun game. You can get both games in a single cart for the 3DS or the Switch, so there's no harm in getting it and playing both. Also there was apparently DLC included in 2, but I have no idea what it was. It also apparently had amiibo support, but I have no idea what amiibos are compatible. I tried a couple of the ones I have, but they didn't do anything.

I've also gone through and cut some of my backlog again. Just some more games that have been on there forever that I just know I'm never going to go back to. A lot of RPGs that were recommended to me, but I just wont ever have time for. Maybe in like 20 years or so I'll have that kind of free time again, but not any time soon.

Anyway, not sure what to play now. I'm considering getting PS+ again so I can play Yakuza Kiwami and Amplitude. It's also on sale, which is another big reason I want to get it. But with Kingdom Hearts 3 coming in 12 days, I know I won't get to them until I'm done with KH3. Especially since I'm going to be starting my 3D/0.2 playthrough next Tuesday. So that I should be done right as I get KH3.

I am preparing for season 2 of this event. I have made a new list of games I want to play and/or finish in 2019 (which already started) for both the PS4 and PSVita. Will put it online just before 1st of February. During the year there can be games added if I feel like it or if PS Plus brings in a really good game. I got 7 game points left and have bought 3 games:

- AC Odyssey : couldn't resist 😇

- a Bard's Tale - Remastered for the PSVita

- Darkest Dungeon Signature Edition - PSVita - actually a pre-order

That brings my total to -2 so it could well be that I start with a minus but since I spend it partly on a pre-order, I don't feel bad as the delivery takes place during the year 2 of this event. For 2019 I will definitely buy Sekiro and Division 2. So need to finish some games to get me the needed game points 😬

I only started mid-September but the event has been a success for me. I have bought less games and have finished more than ever. Thanks Paleblood for organizing this!

Been plodding along in the GoG version of Sunless Sea. I'm tempted to get it on PS4 and have a go at getting the plat, but I know it would be long, frustrating and probably ruin the enjoyment for me.

Otherwise I've been stuck in that rut of wanting something to really sink my teeth into, but then looking at my collection and feeling like I have nothing to play. Thought I might try a bit of trophy cleanup so I started up This War of Mine again but the enthusiasm isn't there for that game. Just feeling a bit lost at the moment really.

@Asvinia understand that feeling. Think we all have been going thorugh it sometimes. What helps for me is to do/start small games. Not diving deep in a big RPG

20 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Been plodding along in the GoG version of Sunless Sea. I'm tempted to get it on PS4 and have a go at getting the plat, but I know it would be long, frustrating and probably ruin the enjoyment for me.

Otherwise I've been stuck in that rut of wanting something to really sink my teeth into, but then looking at my collection and feeling like I have nothing to play. Thought I might try a bit of trophy cleanup so I started up This War of Mine again but the enthusiasm isn't there for that game. Just feeling a bit lost at the moment really.

I feel your pain. I get like that sometimes. Usually what works for me is playing just an absolutely terrible game and suffering all the way through as a sort of gaming palette cleanser. I'm talking painfully bad. Like Oni, Aquaman Battle for Atlantis, Superman 64, or basically any bad looking licensed game. If that doesn't work, I'll just stop playing games for a while. I've always been of the opinion that if gaming isn't fun, then there's no reason to force yourself to do it. There's plenty of other things out there to do. Like drawing, writing, reading, watching shows/movies, making models, exercising, etc. Sometimes it's just nice to have what I like to call a "detox" from gaming. Once I'm not used to it anymore, when I come back everything is always much more fun.

Anyway, I just got PS+ again, so I added a few PS+ games to my backlog. Namely Amplitude, Yakuza Kiwami, Iconoclasts, and Bloodborne. Already finished up Amplitude though, which brings me up to 7 points and down to 58 games. Trying to play through shorter games until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, so I'll probably do Iconoclasts next.

Finished the story for Dark Arcana: The Carnival. I'll finish off the minigame trophies later.

Figured I'd finish something easy in the hope that my gaming enthusiasm comes back. But at least it's still one game off the backlog and my first game in 2019.

Updated my original post as well.

Total games completed this event: 12

Total Completed 2019: 1

Bought Yakuza Kiwami and Blood Bowl 2 cause I thought playing something completely different would be interesting and I heard the Yakuza games are pretty damn good. Puts me at -1 points but another Artifex Mundi game will fix that.

Haven't updated for awhile now because one of my cats managed to bite the charger cord for the MacBook.

Still haven't bought a new one after 2 weeks +.

So my main post will get updated as soon as I can, but for now a shitty phone update have to do.

#22 Marooners

Thanks to my girlfriend for the help to grind this.

Fun and competitive party game wheras looting/collecting is the main objective.

#23 Table Top Racing: World Tour

It was fun but quite challenging tbh, luckily my friend is a better drifter than me. Also doing 100% and very close to it but veery frustrating😩

Bought Jak & Daxter bundle for PS3 and also Murdered: Soul Suspect for dirtcheap.  -2 points

Bought Wheels of Aurelia, Suicide Guy and Demetrios EU region.  -3 points

Also a Need for Speed bundle, but my girlfriend wanted that so not counting as point but going in the backlog.

Hopefully I will get to update main post soon with more accurate stats.

@mortickgaming on IG

Edited by Mortick

Added Kingdom Hearts 3 to my list, but I also completed World of Final Fantasy. My full list is on the 1st page, near the bottom, if anyone wants to check it out.

If I am not mistaken we are entering year 2 of this event. I am taking a little different approach this time. I have put a list together of games I actually will be able to play instead just make a long list of games I have in my back log. It is kind of demotivating to see that long list, instead I find it more motivating to work on a doable list. I still have a possible add on list (so actually THAT is the long list), just in case I manage to play all the games I intend to do. I start this year with -2 available game points.

So here my starting stats and the game lists

Current Status:

New Game Points: 6

Platinums/100% Obtained: 6

Games Bought: 0

Available game points -2

PS4 Games 2/15

Spoiler

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • Mafia III
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Unravel
  • Ether One
  • Dishonored, the death of an outsider
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy
  • AC : Odyssey
  • The Division 2

PSVita Games 4/15

Spoiler
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Borderlands 2
  • Never Ending Nightmares
  • Call of Duty : Declassified
  • Bard’s Tale

Possible add on games

Spoiler

PS4

Skyrim

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Severed

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr

Beat Kingdom Hearts 3. The gameplay is fun and it looks incredible, but it was overall very disappointing. I dont want to spoil anything, so that's all I'll say. 

The reason I joined this event is because like the OP, I have a real problem with buying too many games. When I look at my collection, it's a bit sad to see so many good games there that haven't even been started.

Edited by MattyH16

An update into February from me.

Completed 5 games I purchased into the year: Kingmaker, Tetra's Escape, Devious Dungeon, Guacamelee! 2 and Twin Robots.

Completed 1 game from Backlog (yay): Color Guardians.

Finished story of games: Evil Within 2, Resident Evil 2.