Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

From the sound of things in Paleblood's post on page 31:

On 12/17/2018 at 5:46 AM, Paleblood said:

Moving Forward (Year 2 starting January 31st):

You can expect one update a month. Coins will be sent out then and only then.

I need you guys to tell me how many games you finished in total for you to be eligible for the Top 10 and the coins. This past year I was taking notes and often re-reading every post multiple times to figure out how many games each and every one has finished. I can no longer do that. Just make it a habit to include your total number of finished games at the end of a post here and we're all good to go. (Excluding general discussion obviously.)

If you have no game total in your posts I'll just take as: ''I'm here for the fuck of it and I don't care about the rest.'' Which is completely and absolutely fine, I love you just as much as the rest of the girls and guys, just don't expect me to track your progress for you.

If you want something changed in the opening post (like your username for example), send me a PM.

If you didn't get a coin, send me a PM. If you have something that needs to be changed immediately in general, send me a PM. If not, just wait for the next update.

It sounds like we will be keeping this thread (for now) and that we can expect at least one update per month. Seeing as how the last time Paleblood posted was about 12/20...think the later half of the month should be the time to watch for a update post.

For those that are wondering about coins, PM Paleblood. Also, for everyone wanting to keep track of your gaming totals, get in the habit of including number of completed games at the end of your update posts. I am sure there is a lot going on in RL at the moment and we should get an update sometime when Paleblood has some time.

• Like 2

#24 Demetrios- The Big Cynical Adventure (EU)

Another stack of this, will be doing the Vita version along with some other easy ones, maybe Claire even.

#25 Suicide Guy (EU)

Not much to say other than finally done with 'em.

#26 Wheels of Aurelia (EU)

I'm so happy there's not another stack of this tedious shit game.

#27 Twin Robots (EU)

Hopefully wil get the Vita version done this weekend.

Main post will be unchanged for now, but will continue to update with the correct total of platinums completed.

Edited by Mortick
  • Like 1

First platinum of 2019

Stories: The Path of Destinies

Image result for Stories the path of destinies

I really did enjoy this game, at first. The art style, story telling, and characters where whimsical and engaging. And then the grind for all storylines began and the game quickly became repetitive and boring.

This really is not the fault of the game as the short levels/differing endings make it more of a short jaunt game than one long rush through to the platinum.

I do recommend this game, as the dry wit and humor were really on par and makes me want to try the other game the company made called Omen Sight.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Image result for Darksiders warmastered

This series has been a blast to playthrough on the PS3 and I was eager to go through the game again on the PS4. Currently I have the main game and storyline completed, just have to finish the game again on the hard difficulty.

This game is like Legend of Zelda with the large sprawling dungeons, and giant bosses, but you have a Link that can actually kill things in style. The map is concise and tight, each dungeon is laid out in a direct fashion that utilizes the new weapon effectively and showcases its abilities before having to use it against the area boss.

Though there are a few things that do not stand the test of time. War feels like a tank in the movement controls. While it makes sense given that he supposedly wears heavy armor, but he just feels so slow. On top of that you have three weapons that level up throughout the course of the game, but you don't have enough enemies/experience available to naturally level the weapons up without grinding.

But I definitely recommend a playthough for this series.

Resident Evil 2

Image result for Resident Evil 2

This was supposed to just be a game for my partner, but then he requested that I get through the game to unlock the ultimate weapons for him. After some trial and error, I was able to with an S+ and I actually really enjoyed it.

The game is surprisingly short but that is not a detractor from the game. It is like a giant puzzle and you can either choose to go about it slowly and methodically, or you can find the fastest route vs. trying not to die.

The graphics are phenomenal, the tension is great, and there are some awesome jump scares. Though I would have really enjoyed a true two separate playthroughs for the characters. Instead, you get the same story with some of the puzzles changed, along with two short segments about 10 minutes long on each playthrough.

The weapons are different for both characters, with the rocket launcher being awesomely overpowered for Claire. And the shotgun being under powered for Leon which is kind of a fair tradeoff in a way. As Leon's secret weapon is overpowered for the end game, while Claire's is so-so.

This game has rewoken the desire to try and get the plat for RE0 and RE. But first, I need to finish the game on my profile on hardcore to earn that sweet platinum.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: -4

Games Platinumed/100%: 1

Games Bought: 0

Total Game Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 35

---Long post I know, forgot to update at the end of January. I did pick up my pre-order of KH3 but have not had time outside of RE2. Hopefully by the end of February will have these two plats under my belt and I can start KH3 or finish KH birth by sleep.

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 4

Haven't done an update post in a while, but I've gotten quite a bit done. I'll start with my completed/platted games!

Got the KH3 plat.

The plat was a bit underwhelming compared to other games in the series. It was almost entirely minigames and gummi ship. Which was weird. I'm convinced we're getting DLC to get the "real" end game content. Mainly because Nomura said that they plan on adding to the game through DLC packs.

Don't want to post any spoilers, so that's all I'll say about that.

Also finally got the Agents of Mayhem Plat.

I really enjoyed this game, but the plat kind of ruined it. It was really annoying having to play every day to try and get the connected contracts. Mainly because they were entirely too hard/time consuming to do alone, but most people just joined and never did anything. So most days, nothing got finished. There was also only a possible 3 a day, and 15 had to be done, so it was going to take at least 5 days. Which was already kind of annoying. It just took way too long and there didn't seem to be any point to it. I did everything else in the game long before I got all the connected contracts. It just seems like it was added to try and get people to play more.

Beat Under Night In-Birth exe late[st]

It was a VN story that was okay. Kind of disappointing it was just VN, and didn't have any fights, but oh well. As a fighting game, the real meat of the game is in the plat anywya. Been slowly making my way through it, and I'm really happy to say there's a lot more to it than the previous version UNIEL. The last one could be done in a few hours, but there's a lot more to do this time around.

Beat Final Fantasy X-2... mostly

I've had a rule for myself that I need to get the true ending for a game to count, but I'm making an exception for this game. I'm 4 playthroughs in and for some reason I still don't have 100%, and I am sick of playing it over and over. So, just went on Youtube and watched the true ending, and am calling it done.

I also went through and tried a bunch of games that I decided to remove for one reason or another.

The Last of Us - I knew I would be disappointed with this, because most overhyped games I'm disappointed with, but this one was more disappointing than I expected. It's just The Walking Dead with 28 Days zombies. Which is fine, nothing wrong with that, but I've seen so many zombie stories that I just really don't care anymore.

Shantae Risky's Revenge - I picked this up, along with some other Shantae games, after playing Half-Genie hero. I didn't realize that Half-Genie Hero was so much different than the other games though. Risky's Revenge plays more like a Metroid game than a platformer like HGH. I gave it my best shot, but it just couldn't grab my attention. The incredibly pixelated sprites on a big screen didn't help. I know it was a port of a DS game, but it was still pretty bad looking.

Omega Quintet - I got this during a flash sale because it was made by Compile Heart, and I was into Neptunia at the time. Unfortunately, this is not Neptunia. I've tried this game a few times but it's just painful to play. The battle system isn't great, it's got the cringy anime voices, and it's got the weirdly sexualized girls who look like they're 12. I'm just not into that.

Monster Monpiece - Another game I got from a flash sale. It was only $1, so I thought I'd see what it was all about. The premise of this game isn't bad, and the battle system is initially interesting, but it gets old fast. And the creep factor comes into play really hard. Lots of weirdly sexualized girls who look like their 12 that you have to rub to make stronger. I'm not into that. It just felt wrong and extra creepy.

All of this brings me up to 10 points, and down to just 47 games on the backlog. I want to say that soon I'll be done with this event, but about 30 of those games are 100+ hour RPGs, so probably another year or so until my backlog is truly gone haha. I'm currently stacking points for an upcoming convention in April. There's usually booths that have great games, especially retro ones, that I want to be able to get. One year I got an original Genesis in box with 3 games for only $100. It was amazing.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 4

Ld78344.pngL3d2947.png

Lca7015.pngL351a77.png

UPDATE::

Four more games knocked out since the last update.

Burly Men at Sea was a nice, short game. A bit repetitive but apart from that I liked it.

Sparkle 2 (PS4) was a bit of a grind, particularly on the hardest difficulty. Didn't really enjoy it but it wasn't that bad to clear off the list

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was pretty easy to complete: sit back and enjoy some confusing cutscenes.

Omega Quintet was a weird but enjoyable plot. It gets to be a bit of a grind at the end when clearing out the rest of the trophies and the like.

This bumps up my finished games to 23 and doesn't really do much for my new game count, which is still in the negative. . _ . ;;

• Like 4

Loving playing Yakuza 0 for the past week or so. Absolutely loving it, it's been a long time since I've become so obsessed with a game and feel genuinely attached to the characters. "Yakuza is a serious crime drama" but all of the side mission are just a constant loop of 'lolwat'. Loved the karaoke, disco, pocket circet, and even the catfight thing wasn't too bad once I figured out how to win fairly easily.

But then I hit Mahjong.

Fuck this game. Even with all the guides and the videos available I have some kind of understanding of what I'm working for. But it can honestly go die in a fire. What's worse is that I know it's in every other Yakuza game too. I hate it so, so much. So far I got out once and the Riichi Ippatsu, but otherwise it's just waiting and hoping I get lucky. I guess that's a lot of gambling/card games for you. I've never liked these types of games and I'm so pissed off with it. I'm actually a little upset that my completion is something like 87% and earning 10 million in Mahjong is most likely going to be what stops me from getting the plat.

Edit: Yeah fuck Mahjong. It's making me not even want to play Yakuza anymore. RNG, fine. RNG when I don't understand what's going on? Happiness destroying. Why can't I win with my hand but the AI can win with the same equivalent? Why can't I call Riichi when I only need 1 tile to win supposedly and I haven't stolen any? Why when the NPC wins do I keep losing points, but sometimes I lose nothing? How is that calculated? It's been hours and I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I wish I'd tried this first so that I knew trying for 100% would've been a waste of time and I could've saved myself the hassle. And I hate how one minigame has destroyed the entire game for me, and probably the entire series since every game has it.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 4

ru1b85.jpg

First trophy : 15 July 2013

Plat trophy: 14 February 2019

This one has been sitting on my backlog list so long. It took me nearly 6 years to finish it ?. Game should have deserved more attention from me. It is actually Socom on a handheld. I did love Socom, it was the firt online shooter for me. This Unit13 is a nice game, it has 36 missions and some High Value Targets mission. It never gets bored and you can do a mission when you hav 10 minutes left. It is an easy to pick up game which goes well with a handheld like the PSVita. That is my first game finished for year 2....

• Like 3

Second Plat of 2019

Resident Evil 2: I stand by my previous statement, this game is really fun. A bit on the easy side, even on Hardcore (with the proper guide), but still fun. However, the secret mode which unlocks the trophy Grim Reaper, can go die in a fire. It is a massive run through most of the game, think of a gauntlet style escapade with each 'room' housing certain types of enemies from the main game and only one path through everything. Your character is given certain defensive items, bullets, and weapons, without there being anything to pick up or collect. That is all well and good and should be a fun challenge, what stops the fun in its tracks, is the RNG.

There is only ONE path through the gauntlet and following this path you can have your run go flawlessly, or you can get caught five times in a row in one room without changing anything between runs. It was extraordinarily infuriating and almost stopped me from getting the plat.

For a final game score, I would give RE2 main game 8/10 with Grim Reaper being 3/10. Therefore I would say RE2 is a solid 7/10.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: -3

Games Platinumed/100%: 2

Games Bought: 0

Total Game Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 36

• Like 3

galaga-featured.gif

I beat Galaga, I guess?

I got all of the "reach X level" trophies, so I'm considering it beaten. Still fairly solid for such an old game, but the updated version (Galaga Legions DX) is way better. I really hope they bring it over to the PS4 at some point. With that I'm up to 12 points.

I also got rid of a couple more games that I have no intention of ever going back to.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Mega Battle - When I first saw this game, me and a few of my friends got real excited. A new Power Rangers arcade style co-op beat-em-up? Sign us up! Then the game came out and it was pretty bad in about every way. Not fun to make fun of bad, and not bad enough to be a palette cleanser, just bad enough to not be fun. It was pretty disappointing, and it makes me very skeptical of the new Power Rangers fighting game coming out. Mainly because it's another budget title. We'll see though.

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life - I played this game on the Gamecube back in the day and enjoyed it, so I decided to pick up the PS2 version on PS4. I don't know if it's the nostalgia goggles coming off, if it's the PS2 version, or if it's just the PS4 version, but something is horribly wrong with this game. The animations are janky, the camera is terrible, and I swear the movement speed used to be way faster. It was a lot of little things that just dragged the whole experience down to the point where I just don't have any desire to go back. 

Seems I'm stuck in another rut. Which seems to be happening more and more as my backlog gets smaller and smaller. I keep looking at the list and seeing it as just that, a list. I'm concentrating more on how long each game is instead of whether I want to play it or not. Despite having enough points to buy anything I want right now, I can technically only get 4 games. So 1 sale and I could be back in the negative. It's become a really weird kind of stress. So I'm about ready to call it done, but I want to at least get below 30 before I do.

• Like 3

Finished the story of Yakuza 0 and managed to learn just enough Mahjong to be able to blag my way through that part. Not gonna lie, I cried like a child at least 3 times during this game. Fucking loved it.

Started a Legend playthrough and on my cleared save it's just a matter of cleaning up stuff and doing the climax battles.

That puts me at 2 games finished in 2019. 13 games finished total.

Oh and I also got the Resi 2 Remake for the PC, but since it was a free gift for buying an AMD GPU I'm not going to count it against myself.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 3

Sony should ban all the glitching games from their network. Screw the developers that launch crappy glitchy games. Wanted to do a run at Ether One. Already saw some warnings about glicthes. Next time I should steer away from these games. It started with a puzzle that didn't work. After some searching on the internet I found 3 different solutions on the internet ....how is that even possible? Lucky, of them worked. Straight after that I needed to follow kind of green cages with birds (I am in a mine)....the f....ing cages kept disappearing every time making it impossible to progress. This is the 4th game that has glitched on me in 4 months, I am done with this. Really. No trophy hunting for me anymore. Too much frustration.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@ExHaseo the list is just an aid to help you identify what you want to finish. Nothing more. Although I understand you can stressed about it. Keep it up, pick some games from teh list and just buy some good new ones you want to play.

I'm trying to pick games from the list, but none of the games I have left are really grabbing my attention. I thought about getting something new, but I really want to save my points/money for con.

• Like 1

okay I cooled down, loaded an old save file from Ether One and solved the bible puzzle again in a different way ? and got to the point where the previous save file corrupted. Well, it went almost the same way expect this time I could fool the game by walking into the correct direction (thank you YouTube!). I was able to get through it so this game is not totally lost yet. I am just going to make saves every 10 minutes or so.....just in case

• Like 3

Beat Dark Cloud. Overall, it was okay. If not for the broken dagger glitch, I never would have made it through the game though. The combat is pretty painful and the dungeons are very samey and formulaic. Being able to just run through them made them okay though. It had some interesting ideas, they just weren't executed very well. I'm a little confused why it has such a dedicated fan base. I went into it expecting a hidden gem, but it just felt like a mediocre PS2 game. Which is exactly the way it always looked to me. I'm just a couple of trophies off, so I'm going to go ahead and get the plat.

I'm contemplating removing all of the games I've already played from my backlog too. Stuff like God Eater Resurrection that I already played the original release, and picked up the new version, but don't have too much interest in playing again. Just seems like they're bloating my list.