Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Playing Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana like crazy. I'm trying to plat it before the weekend. I forgot how much content there was because now doing the Nightmare run, some parts of it feel tedious. 

After the game I'd going to try to go back to the PS3. 

• Like 4

2ypg3sg.jpg

I have been stuck in Washington DC, trying to get rid of the black tusk for weeks, so there was not much time to finish any other game. But yesterday I finished Demetrios on the PSVita. Funny game! Strange humor but at least it did put a smile on my face. The  'lick that!' :bronze: was on the edge but nevertheless made me laugh.

Still trying to finish COD Declassified on Veteran, two operations left but this is one of the hardest COD veteran modes ever! No check points just perma death(s) :hmm:

• Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 11:20 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Playing Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana like crazy. I'm trying to plat it before the weekend. I forgot how much content there was because now doing the Nightmare run, some parts of it feel tedious. 

After the game I'd going to try to go back to the PS3. 

The game is a real chore with the Suppression and and Interception missions were a fucking chore.  I got sick of them fairly quickly.  I've been considering getting the Vita version of the game, but I find myself hesitant to do so.  If I do get it, though, I intend to go Nightmare Mode from the start.  There aren't any areas you get locked out of so as long as I complete all the quests, I should be able to plat it if I chose to do so.

A part of me wants to get the Vita version both to double dip and to play it on the go since I don't have a Switch and don't plan to buy one any time soon.

I am considering participating in this thread, but it's late at night and I have to get some sleep before going to work.  I'll check out this thread in more detail later as I have a massive backlog to get through.  I may not necessarily go for the plats on every game on my list, though.

Edited by LordBilbanes
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

The game is a real chore with the Suppression and and Interception missions were a fucking chore.  I got sick of them fairly quickly.  I've been considering getting the Vita version of the game, but I find myself hesitant to do so.  If I do get it, though, I intend to go Nightmare Mode from the start.  There aren't any areas you get locked out of so as long as I complete all the quests, I should be able to plat it if I chose to do so.

A part of me wants to get the Vita version both to double dip and to play it on the go since I don't have a Switch and don't plan to buy one any time soon.

I am considering participating in this thread, but it's late at night and I have to get some sleep before going to work.  I'll check out this thread in more detail later as I have a massive backlog to get through.  I may not necessarily go for the plats on every game on my list, though.

If you think you can do the Nightmare run, then go for it. You won't get help with the solo Dana fights even on the 2nd play through. Nothing is missable as long as you find the castaways and their gifts in time. But if you've done the PS4 version, you'll be good. 

• Like 2

PS3:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Borderlands
  • Cabela's Adventure camp
  • Csi
  • Darksiders
  • Destiny
  • Fallout 3
  • Far cry 3
  • Far cry 5
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • God of War 
  • God of war 2
  • God of war 3
  • God of War Olympus
  • God of war: ghosts of Sparta
  • God of war: Ascension
  • Harry potter and the half blood prince
  • Heavy fire afghanistan
  • Infamous
  • Infamous 2
  • Infamous second son
  • Jack and Dexter precursor legacy
  • Kick-ass 2
  • L.A. Noire
  • Mafia 2
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter
  • Monster high new ghoul in school
  • Prototype 2
  • Ratchet & Clank: A crack in Time
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Rise of the guardians
  • Sleeping dogs
  • Skyrim
  • Sly cooper 2
  • Sly Cooper 3
  • Sniper ghost warrior 
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Tekken 6
  • The penguins of madagascar

PSvita:

• Sly Cooper 3
  • Gravity Rush

PS4:

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Layers of Fear 2
  • Tropico 5
  • Tropico 6
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Dirt 4
  • Battlefield 5
  • Assassins Creed Origins
  • Assassins Creed Odyssey
  • Call of Cthulu
  • Dirt Rally 2
  • The Long Dark
  • PC Building Simulator
  • Rage 2
  • Modern Warfare
  • Sniper Elite V2
  • Uncharted 4
  • Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Edited by myst1ry
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Good luck on your backlog journey. Your list looks manageable, but I was thinking the same thing before I got my PS4.

@myst1rywelcome to the club! Indeed looks like a manageable list but it all depends on available time ?

Cleaned up my list and I think this is a final one. Removed games I will never play or finish. No need to keep them on. If I ever decide for whatever reason to play them I will add them. I do stick to my 15 games list for PS4 and PSVita this year. I just have cleaned up the possible add-on list.

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 6

Platinums/100% Obtained: 6

Games Bought: 0

Available game points -2

PS4 Games 2/15

Spoiler

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • Mafia III
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Unravel
  • Ether One
  • Dishonored, the death of an outsider
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy
  • AC : Odyssey
  • The Division 2

PSVita Games 4/15

Spoiler
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Borderlands 2
  • Never Ending Nightmares
  • Call of Duty : Declassified
  • Bard’s Tale

Possible add on games

Spoiler

PS4

Skyrim

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Severed

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Wise_Mans_Fears said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But a few of the worlds are just watered down versions of the movie plots the world is based on, one of the worlds is more of a hallway than the first 8 hours of Final Fantasy XIII, and most of the actual story does not show up until near the end of the game. A few major questions are answered, but way more pop up than get answered.

All said and done, I believe that is 1 point for Borderlands, 1 and 1/2 points for each Psychonauts, Jak and Daxter, and Kingdom Hearts. Bringing my total points to 8 (?). Subtract 3 for me buying Borderlands GOTY, I'm at 5. I'm probably less than that, so let's just say I'm at 0 points, with 8 earned in total? Sorry for the long post, and possibly not formatting it correctly, I just want to get back to keeping track of this. Will there be a year 2 page started, or will we just keep this one going?

Great post!

We are flexible with points and I think your calculation makes sense.

Year 2 has started and we kind of keeping track ourselves. So maybe an idea to repost your list with the titles you want to play/finish?

• Like 1

3009yls.jpg

Got the platinum! Although I will keep on playing this game for the coming months, too much fun. Note that some of the trophies (and the game) are buggy. It took me ages to get a simple trophy like ' A Friend in Need ' :bronze:. But hey, that is the life of a trophy hunter ?. Again one done of the list!

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 7

Platinums/100% Obtained: 7

Available game points -1

PS4 Games 3/15

Spoiler

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • The Division 2 :platinum:
  • Mafia III
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Unravel
  • Ether One
  • Dishonored, the death of an outsider
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy
  • AC : Odyssey

PSVita Games 4/15

Spoiler
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Borderlands 2
  • Never Ending Nightmares
  • Call of Duty : Declassified
  • Bard’s Tale

Possible add on games

Spoiler

PS4

Skyrim

DriveClub

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

What remains of Edith Finch

Rage 2 (still to buy)

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Severed

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

Wise Man's Fears

Event to End All Backloggery: Year 2

Goal: 100% Completion and some games taken off the backlog [which is long (like.. REALLY long)]

Current Completion Status: 4/12 Games 100%, 49.04% Completion 

Current Standing:

New Game Points Earned - 8

Platinums Obtained - 4

100%'s Obtained - 3

Games Bought - 3

Available New Game Point - (-1)

PS4 Games: (20)

Spoiler

Mortal Kombat XL

God of War

Days Gone

Sekiro

Persona 5

Minecraft

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Just the DLC

Borderlands GOTY - Just the DLC
Borderlands 2

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Tales from the Borderlands

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy X

Witcher 3

Trails of Cold Steel

Stardew Valley

The Long Dark

Bully

Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD

PS Vita: (2)

Spoiler

Persona 4 Golden

Muramasa

Switch: (10)

Spoiler

Golf Story

Celeste

Hollow Knight

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Octopath Traveler

Owlboy

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee

Kirby Star Allies

Harvest Moon Light of Hope

Retro For Fun: (20)

Spoiler

PS1 -

Suikoden 

Suikoden 2

Tomba

Klonoa Door to the Phantomisle

Tail Concerto

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Vagrant Story

Wild Guns

N64 -

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Donkey Kong 64

Paper Mario

Super Mario 64

Banjo Kazooie

SNES -

Earthbound

Super Mario RPG

Zelda A Link to the Past

Lufia

Final Fantasy III

This is my new official list of games I want to work on and complete. It's long, but it gives me options. I could easily double or triple it with the amount of games I have and haven't beaten or want to play again, but there is no way that is happening anytime soon, so this is where I will start. My main goal on anything without trophies will be completing the story and anything generally seen as a completion goal, such as all moons in Mario Odyssey, all characters added in Suikoden, super bosses beaten in Final Fantasy, etc. With college ending for me this year, hopefully I will actually complete more than a small handful of these this year, because there are a number of games I want coming out later in the year, and I don't want to end up super negative in my points. Happy hunting everyone!

Also, Mortal Kombat XL..so frustrating. Well Rounded and Master took me two full sets through every character with a list to actually get the trophies. And of course it popped on the very last character variation. Was I just missing that one the whole time? Was it bugged after my first time through the list? Either way, that's almost 150 complete matches, and man was it frustrating to go through. Still got a handful of things to do, it's going to be a ride.

Edited by Wise_Mans_Fears
Corrections
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 5:00 AM, Edunstar84 said:

If you think you can do the Nightmare run, then go for it. You won't get help with the solo Dana fights even on the 2nd play through. Nothing is missable as long as you find the castaways and their gifts in time. But if you've done the PS4 version, you'll be good. 

I think I'll be fine.  My bigger concern is that I keep adding to the backlog, though I have platted some of the games I intended to plat since I first commented in this thread.  I keep buying more games.  I can't help it. ;_;

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

PS plus for May; Overcooked and What Remains of Edith Finch , are you guys putting these on your list?

I don't know about Overcooked, though I've always been interested in picking up the game. I will probably do What Remains of Edith Finch. I've been interested in it, but never bought it, partially due to the lack of a Platinum, also partially that I never saw it on a good enough sale for a 2 hour game. Overcooked looks to be 6-10 hours to 100% and might prove to be a little challenging. Nothing so difficult a bit a practice can't get it done. With summer break coming up, it's very possible I knock both of these out.

• Like 1

Sorry I've been lurking for so long since my last post. Haven't really felt like playing, but I finally have two games close to platinum and hopefully with my day off tomorrow, I can finish one of them tonight.

Also, I second what was said above. WRoEF I have been keeping an eye on as it looks really interesting but I never had a good enough reason to grab it. As for Overcooked, I have no idea what this game is, but free is free

• Like 2

Sixth Game Beaten:

Yooka-Laylee, the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie on the N64. This game tries very hard to appeal to those that played the original two games while also trying to set itself apart with its own style and characters. It both does and doesn't do this. Yooka-Laylee has some big worlds, but they feel pretty empty. The enemies are all the 'samey' feel and there isn't much to the story. A book that Laylee just happened to have is suddenly taken away and appears magical, cue epic quest.

Now Banjo-Kazooie did not have that great of a storyline either, but at least they were trying to save his sister in the first game. The characters here just felt flat and one-dimensional, and the challenges were hampered by wonky controls and bad camera.

I am really really thankful to have gotten something like this game after playing both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on the N64 but this game just makes me want to go back and play through the original games again. I feel like Yooka-Laylee, in trying to instill that same feel from the previous games, it lost itself. Instead of being an entirely new game set in a similar world and setting, it became a lifeless fanboy of its predecessor. I have high hopes if we get a sequel as Playtonic seems to be responsive to the criticism and suggestions they have gotten over the game, but at the end of the day I would give this game a low 6/10 and wish that I could score it higher.

(whoot, back in the true positives with points)

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: 1

Games Platinumed/100%: 6

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 40

• Like 2

Seventh game defeated

2064: Read Only Memories

It is hard to classify this game, as it is not a 'puzzle' game or a 'visual novel' either, not really. Though it does have certain elements of both. Anyways, the year is 2064 and in this future personal robots (called ROMS) can be bought and purchased by anyone. And though they have certain algorithms designed to make them seem human, they are just 'mindless' machines. At the same time (for some reason) gene-splicing has been going on and there are animal/human hybrids which of course brings up the question of 'what is humanity?'. There are two groups, the Human Revolution (which believes humans must remain human) and the Hybrids (forget the name right now) fighting it out over 'Human rights'. Into this scene a new type of Robot has been created that is self-aware.

That hard to describe backstory is never really touched on in the game, and besides one scene, nothing happens between the two groups. But that seems to be the way of the story. Speaking of the story, there are four endings, with a kind of fifth joke ending. None of the endings really felt satisfying for what the game seemed to be going for. It touches and dances around ethical questions and problems without really taking one side or another. And the endings seem half-thought 'best case scenarios' with the outcome being decided by how much of an assholes you play as.

I can't really recommend the game, as two trophies 'Threat Neutralized' and 'Cardinal of Combat' use the wonky shooting controls that make the challenge needlessly difficult. I would give this game a low 4/10, the music is the only good part. A convoluted story thrown together with high reaching ideas just made this game crash and burn big time in my opinion.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: 2

Games Platinumed/100%: 7

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 41

• Like 3