Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

I've been in holidays for 2 weeks so I barely played anything (a little bit of Adventures of Mana on my Vita).

I got the Legend trophy on the DriveClub Tour, meaning I completed the main campaign of the game. The DLCs are really awesome, IMO.

As for Adventures of Mana, I reached the Dime Tower, meaning if I complete this dungeon I will reach the point of no return, and I need to gather some missable items before, meaning I might still take a little time.

I'm also investing some time on DriveClub and Horizon Chase Turbo trophies, but might start a new game soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@Caju_94 I still have to finish some trophies for Driveclub. They will take the servers offline so it might be wise to do these soon. It was a very enjoyable experience indeed.

Yeah, I have that in mind. Might as well buy DriveClub Bikes ASAP because of that.

Gotten to the part in The Witness where I just have to beat 'The Challenge' and the plat is mine. Though, I have heard that this is the make it or break it trophy of the game.

Overall, this game has been a pain in my side and I sorta regret starting it. The game is based on 'logic' but I have a hard time believing that when all of the solutions I get are wrong.

This might be one for the incomplete pile honestly.

• Like 2

bg1air.jpg

Finished Mafia III. Think this game deserves more love. I know that there were problems when it was released but the patches did their work. It is you average open world game, strart with nothing an work you way to the top. In this case; get your revenge. The music is great (I love the '60/'70 music era), the dialogues are more than average, the story is good and the brutal take-downs are awesome. Sometimes the streets feel a bit too empty and the police is invincible (read: loads of respawns). Needed almost 3 runs as I messed up but it didn't feel like working ?. I will keep an eye out when the DLC gets some good discounts.

So that brings me back to 0 (after overspending last year). Apart from Sekiro I have nothing really high on my list so I just go back to my already owned games). I made some slight adjustments, @Caju_94inspired me to pick-up DriveCub again. So that one made it to the list (and Unravel is now removed for the time being). I just wnat to work on 15 games per console each....

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 8

Platinums/100% Obtained: 8

Games Bought: 0

Available game points 0

PS4 Games 4/15

Spoiler

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • The Division 2 :platinum:
  • Mafia III :platinum:
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Ether One
  • Dishonored - The Death of an outsider
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy
  • AC : Odyssey
  • DriveClub

PSVita Games 4/15

Spoiler
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Borderlands 2
  • Never Ending Nightmares
  • Call of Duty : Declassified
  • Need for Speed: Most wanted

Possible add on games

Spoiler

PS4

Skyrim

Unravel

Detroit

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

What remains of Edith Finch

Rage 2 (still to buy)

Sekiro (still to buy)

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Severed

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Bard's Tale

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

@gladiatorrrrrrr, glad to hear that I inspired you with this one, haha!

Well, as for me, I finished last weekend my first playthrough of Heavy Rain, meaning I have a total of 51 games completed and 3 NG points. I bought Batman: The Enemy Within and Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale since they probably are going to be delisted, meaning I will spend the NG points after I start each of them (will probably start with Guardians of the Galaxy).

• Like 2

Still struggling to get the last trophy in The Witness...stupid RNG puzzles. But getting closer to triggering the bug that will make the last part of The Challenge feasible for someone of my 'limited' abilities lol.

Started playing Zero Escape: The Nonary Game on the PS4. I DID play Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita some time ago, which is technically the second game of the series and loved it. The intricate storyline, the jumping around in the story to find the proper answer for a 'storylock', it was very well done. Being able to play the first game 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors was a real treat. But I still prefer the second game over it as the overall 'threat' wasn't as strong and the story felt more jumbled.

Since this is a 2 in 1 game but with only 1 platinum, I don't count beating 999 as a point earned. So still at 2 points and no new game beaten for the record. Still...loving every second of Virtue's Last Reward...all the jokes make so much more sense on this second playthrough lol

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 2

Zero Escape: The Nonary Game is the 8th game I have completed this year.

The first part of this collection is 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors and begins the Zero Escape Trilogy which as mentioned above was a treat to explore. But I found it to be less...engaging when compared to the second game. There is just so much detail and tiny little tid-bits thrown everywhere in the second game that it just makes the first game feel incomplete.

Though, having played through the first game, the second one made a whole lot more sense. And it has doubled my excitement to play the conclusion to this excellent trilogy. But, I still might wait a few days to think over what I just played again.

If puzzle games are you thing with a HEAVY mix of story segments, then I highly recommend this game. Be prepared though to look up some solutions online as the puzzles are tough.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: 3

Games Platinumed/100%: 8

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 42

• Like 2

Zero Time Dilemma is the 9th game to be beaten this year.

Which brings the Zero Escape Trilogy to a close and...well...I'm conflicted. I like the fact that I was able to get a type of 'closure' to the trilogy but, perhaps I can explain it as follows. You know how when you want something really bad, the idea of what that something is gets to the point that the end result cannot possibly live up to what your expectations have made it out to be? That is where I find myself.

The game (without giving anything away) boiled down to an old story from my High School: The Princess and The Tiger (might be messing up the title). But the outcome is the same, the end is determined by how the player views the world. It was anti-climatic in a way that I have not been put through since the end of the Harry Potter books.

Now that does not mean it is a bad ending per say, and on looking back at it, the ending fits with the scope of the game. I mean, a game of both mental and physical time travel can't really have a clear cut ending. But perhaps that is just me trying to keep how I felt about the second game alive. The mystery, the fine balance of puzzle and story...that was all left behind in this game. You have the puzzles, yes, but they don't seem to have a point. And the story heavy segments don't make much sense outside of the 'true ending' path. And the character story arcs are just...

I think I need a bit more time to give an accurate review of the game rather than just what I did not like in the ending. To close out the trilogy, the game did what it was supposed to do. And for that, I am thankful for experiencing it. As of now, I rate it 4/10 both for story and for ending.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: 4

Games Platinumed/100%: 9

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 43

• Like 3

Finished Oceanhorn and Chaos;Child. I'm able to buy 3 games now, which I hope Ill be able to save for another sale. I skipped this year's Big in Japan sale because what I wanted wasn't lowered enough I price. It's good because I'm able now to look at my backlog and think there's enough gaming...for now. Who knows how long that feeling will last.

Next up is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2019 at 0:54 PM, BlazzingWind said:

Gotten to the part in The Witness where I just have to beat 'The Challenge' and the plat is mine. Though, I have heard that this is the make it or break it trophy of the game.

Oh yeah, definitely. I got too frustrated with the timing and just got rid of this game. Shame, it's very beautiful and I got everything else with a guide. If they had given me more time, I would have gotten it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Finished Oceanhorn and Chaos;Child. I'm able to buy 3 games now, which I hope Ill be able to save for another sale. I skipped this year's Big in Japan sale because what I wanted wasn't lowered enough I price. It's good because I'm able now to look at my backlog and think there's enough gaming...for now. Who knows how long that feeling will last.

Next up is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. 

Hellblade is a nice game, you will enjoy. Plat is easy.

• Like 2

A little bit off topic but the online for PS3 versions of Uncharted 2 and 3, along with The Last of Us will go down in September of this year which is a solid 2 months away.

Does anyone have the games in your backlog to complete/start? And if so, will you?

I have U3 to finish with 3 trophies, but the treasures are locked behind a dismal RNG with two of the treasures in the added 'story's arc of the online. The other, I need to win 20 more matches of Capture the Flag.

I honestly do not think I have time to get 100%, but after slogging through the MP of U2, it would be a shame to be this close to the third 100% and not complete it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlazzingWind said:

A little bit off topic but the online for PS3 versions of Uncharted 2 and 3, along with The Last of Us will go down in September of this year which is a solid 2 months away.

Does anyone have the games in your backlog to complete/start? And if so, will you?

I have U3 to finish with 3 trophies, but the treasures are locked behind a dismal RNG with two of the treasures in the added 'story's arc of the online. The other, I need to win 20 more matches of Capture the Flag.

I honestly do not think I have time to get 100%, but after slogging through the MP of U2, it would be a shame to be this close to the third 100% and not complete it.

I have Uncharted 2. Are there any trophies that hinder me from getting the plat? I don't care about 100% because I found out that I'm not that good at 3rd person shooters.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I have Uncharted 2. Are there any trophies that hinder me from getting the plat? I don't care about 100% because I found out that I'm not that good at 3rd person shooters.

There are two that are mandatory online for the plat for Uncharted 2

Thrillseeker and Buddy System

But they are easy, simply complete (not win) one competitive and one cooperative session of multiplayer. Each match is roughly 12 min so half an hour of your time

• Like 1

Happy Pride Month everyone!

Listing out my goals would be to complete:

Darksiders (PS4)

- hard mode playthrough left

KH: BBS (PS3)

- Critical mode x3

Assassin's Creed 4 (PS3)

- Online grind

Uncharted 3 (PS3)

- Online (treasures) - debatable

Beyond this, I will probably go back to being a ghost here. I recently had to leave my job and am in the process of getting a new one. Much love and respect to you all! Hopefully your June is a good one

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Happy Pride Month everyone!

Uncharted 3 (PS3)

- Online (treasures) - debatable

Beyond this, I will probably go back to being a ghost here. I recently had to leave my job and am in the process of getting a new one. Much love and respect to you all! Hopefully your June is a good one

You're right. Hellblade was good, just a bit unsettling. I'm glad I finished it and got all the collectibles. Good luck with irl stuff.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 0:36 AM, Edunstar84 said:

You're right. Hellblade was good, just a bit unsettling. I'm glad I finished it and got all the collectibles. Good luck with irl stuff.

Thank you!

Managed to sneak in and complete the story of Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS4)

Still need to complete the time trial mode for the last trophy. I got strong Portal vibes from this game, but the puzzles are simpler and the story is a bit more obtuse.

You play a scientist of some sort that wakes up in a strange area after fifteen days. You are in a strange suit that allowed you to survive for that long without actual food. The com system on your suit had been damaged so you can receive transmissions but you cannot respond yourself. Your goal: figure out how to get out.

Simplistic in design with some finicky controls. I enjoyed my time with it (about 4 hours) though the story was hard to follow. Not so much because of what it is about, the loneliness of space making you lose your mind. But in how the story was executed. I think a longer game without a mute protagonist would have served better here.

Overall, I think it deserves a score of 5/10. It scratches that itch for Portal-esque puzzles, but it doesnt quite deliver on the story or characters.

• Like 1

Boosting for U3...forgot how much 'waiting' there was when getting groups to link up.

Also, happy to report that even after 5 years, it is just like riding a bike. And on top of that I didnt realize my last trophy earned was in April of 2014 lmao

• Like 1

As an ongoing dip into the void that is my backlog, I thought to do a little wrap up of what I completed in the first year of this thread.

Games Completed from the Backlog: 39

(PSV) Root Letter - Completed 01/02/18

(PS4) Ultratron - Completed 04/02/18

(PS4) Doodle Kingdom - Completed 04/02/18

(PS4) The Fall - Completed 21/02/18

(PS3) Puppeteer - Completed 22/03/18

(PS4) Salt and Sanctuary - Completed 25/03/18

(PS3) Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Completed 09/04/18

(PS4) Clicker Heroes - Completed 28/03/18

(PS4) South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Completed 24/04/18

(PS4) Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum - Completed 30/04/18

(PS4) Guardians of the Galaxy - Completed 04/05/18

(PS4) Back to the Future: The Game - Completed 08/05/18

(PS4) Seasons after Fall - Completed 08/05/18

(PS4) Monopoly Plus - Completed 22/05/18

(PS4) Her Majesty's Spiffing - Completed 23/05/18

(PS3) Tekken Tag Tournament HD - Completed 05/06/18

(PS3) Tekken 6 - Completed 05/06/18

(PS3) Jurassic Park: The Game - Episode 4: The Survivors - Completed 05/06/18

(PS4) Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Completed 30/06/18

(PS4) Riptide GP2 - Completed 16/07/18

(PS3) CONTRAST - Completed 26/07/18

(PS4) Journey - Completed 09/08/18

(PS4) Blues and Bullets - Completed 10/08/18

(PS4) The World of Nubla - Completed 18/08/18

(PS4) Firewatch - Completed 18/08/18

(PS4) Dead Synchronicity - Completed 20/08/18

(PS3) Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 1 The Penal Zone - Completed 26/08/18

(PS3) Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 2: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak - Completed 26/08/18

(PS3) Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 3: They Stole Max's Brain - Completed 26/08/18

(PS3) Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 4: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls - Completed 26/08/18

(PS3) PooYoos: Episode 2 - Completed 26/08/18

(PS3) Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 5: The City That Dares Not Sleep - Completed 28/08/18

(PS4) HIQ - Completed 28/08/18

(PSV) Sound Shapes - Completed 30/08/18

(PS4) Jazzpunk - Completed 07/09/18

(PS4) Lara Croft GO - Completed 13/09/18

(PS4) Orc Slayer - Completed 17/09/18

(PS4) The Unfinished Swan - Completed 28/11/18

(PS4) Child of Light - Completed 28/12/18

Games bought/played after Backlog: 38

(PS4) Monster Jam: Crush It! - Completed 09/02/18

(PS4) Titan Attacks! - Completed 09/02/18

(PS4) Dark Mystery - Completed 11/02/18

(PS4) Nightmares from the Deep 3 - Completed 20/02/18

(PS3) Daytona USA- Completed 20/02/18

(PS3) Frogger Returns - Completed 04/03/18

(PS4) 36 Fragments of Midnight - Completed 25/03/18

(PS4) Little Adventure on the Prairie - Completed 27/03/18

(PS4) Slyde - Completed 02/04/18

(PS4) Enigmatis 3: Shadow of Karkhala - Completed 16/04/18

(PS3) Super Hang-On - Completed 02/05/18

(PS3) Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsegumi - Completed 03/05/18

(PS4) Inksplosion - Completed 11/05/18

(PS4) Grim Legends 3: The Dark City - Completed 11/5/18

(PS3) Brave - Completed 22/05/18

(PS4) North - Completed 22/05/18

(PS4) Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends - Completed 04/07/18

(PS4) Squareboy Vs Bullies: Arena Edition - Completed 10/07/18

(PS3) Doodle God - Completed 20/07/18

(PS4) Persian Nights: Sand of Wonders - Completed 20/08/18

(PS4) Gem Smashers - Completed 27/08/18

(PSV) Doodle God - Completed 06/09/18

(PS4) NBA 2K19 Prelude - Completed 06/09/18

(PS4) Mr Massagy - Completed 07/09/18

(PS4) Hex Tunnel Touch - Completed 22/09/18

(PS4) Super Kids Racing - Completed 07/10/18

(PS4) Puzzle Showdown 4K - Completed 03/11/18

(PS4) Noir Chronicles: City of Crime - Completed 17/11/18

(PS4) Super Destronaut DX - Completed 02/12/18

(PS4) Midnight Deluxe - Completed 02/12/18

(PS4) Fullblast - Completed 03/12/18

(PS4) Jack N Jill DX - Completed 04/12/18

(PS4) Ruckus Rumble - Completed 04/12/18

(PS3) Virtua Fighter 2 - Completed 08/12/18

(PS4) Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne - Completed 09/01/19

(PS4) Tetra's Escape - Completed 12/01/19

(PS4) Devious Dungeon - Completed 13/01/19

(PS4) Guacamelee! 2 - Completed 24/01/19

Overall 39 games 100% complete from my original backlog and 38 games purchased which have also been completed.

I have reset the date to the 1st of February 2019 to continue with the event moving forward.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Decided to use three of my points to pick up The Last of Us. Have been meaning to play this for a long time now and with the server closure happening in September it just made sense to bite the bullet and take the plunge. Already down to one MP trophy left to complete after downloading it around 1am yesterday and playing for 15 hours.

The online feels a bit more simplistic than U2/U3s and the fact that you cant jump is just weird. But it is enjoyable for what it is.

• Like 3