Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Haven't had much progress backlog-wise these last weeks, but still:

- Finished and platinumed Far Cry Primal

- Forgot to add the platinum I got for Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

- Bought and platinumed Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

- Bought Batman Telltale: Enemy Within

Current status:

New Game Count: 2

Games completed: 55 (55 NG points obtained)

Platinums/100% obtained: 32 (10 + 2/3 NG points obtained) (1 Telltale game not counting)

Games/Bundles bought: 21 (27 games total)

Right now, I am progressing with Batman: Enemy Within, so I can get 3 NG points to buy DriveClub Bikes before it gets delisted from the PS Store.

I also added Forma.8 to my backlog since it is a PS Plus game, and since the start of 2019 I will count PS Plus prior to 2019 to count for NG Count as it helps me motivate to complete them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

I also added Forma.8 to my backlog since it is a PS Plus game, and since the start of 2019 I will count PS Plus prior to 2019 to count for NG Count as it helps me motivate to complete them.

Forma.8 is actually a nice game, played it on the PSVIta and bought when I already platinumed it the physical copy from Limited Run Games.

5 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Forma.8 is actually a nice game, played it on the PSVIta and bought when I already platinumed it the physical copy from Limited Run Games.

I only started to like the game recently after I go the Sonic Boom ability. The game at first looks really slow-paced and I really got a little lost, since everything is "open-world" and you have to figure out where to go. Now, it seems to be more variety of things and abilities, so it's starting to get interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, Caju_94 said:

I only started to like the game recently after I go the Sonic Boom ability. The game at first looks really slow-paced and I really got a little lost, since everything is "open-world" and you have to figure out where to go. Now, it seems to be more variety of things and abilities, so it's starting to get interesting.

feel your pain, I got lost too. A lot but that is also the charm of the game! Hope you enjoy it till the end

Lucky or unlucky number 13 appears. Completed What Remains of Edith Finch. It is a walking simulator but the storyline was really good. It is broken up over about 6 different persons and told in several different styles. A nice, short game with some sad storylines.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: 5

Games Platinumed/100%: 13

Games Bought: 1

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 47

• Like 2

I did a bad. The partner took me to a used game store and I couldn't help myself.

Picked up:

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS3)

BioShock: Infinite (PS3)

[Prototype] (PS3) - even though I already have the PS4 collection

I may have a problem >>

Total Game Points: - 4

Games Bought: 4

• Like 1

Defeated 36 Fragments of Midnight

Not much to say about this game except that I hope I got it for free. Was relatively simple and I now fully understand what people say when they gripe that people pay for a platinum. This was like a demo of a game, and didn't feel like a complete entity in and of itself.

Total Game Points: - 3

Games Platinumed/100%: 14

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 48

true some games are heavily trophy inflated. Shame. Those games shouldn't have a platinum to begin with but we all know how they sell.....

Interesting to see that you are still picking up PS3 games. I never thought of keeping the PS3 after I bought the PS4. If PS5 is not backward compatible I might hold on to the 4 this time

• Like 1

I try and hold onto the previous generation as long as possible. In this case there are still some holdouts that I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Dragon Age Inqisition was a big one since the previous two games I have for the PS3 and I wanted to keep the series on the same platform. Even knowing that I will probably double dip with the PS4 version.

And downloaded games off the PSN are a huge problem as well. I have a ton of games still (probably more than 40) to still play before I officially kiss the PS3 system dead and gone.

I have all the original AC games still to finish on the PS3, the OG Ratchet & Clank games to name a few.

Still holding out to be able to play Bayonetta, trying out the Arland series, and the Tales series

So basically I have way to many games ?

• Like 1

Another easy game completed: Beyond Eyes (I swear I will complete a harder game eventually)

Pretty much a walking simulator with a simplistic plot. There is honestly not a lot going on with this though I do have to mention to keep the brightness down on your T.V. as the white is harshly bright to the point of being headache inducing

Total Game Points: - 2

Games Platinumed/100%: 15

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 49

12 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

I try and hold onto the previous generation as long as possible. In this case there are still some holdouts that I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Dragon Age Inqisition was a big one since the previous two games I have for the PS3 and I wanted to keep the series on the same platform. Even knowing that I will probably double dip with the PS4 version.

And downloaded games off the PSN are a huge problem as well. I have a ton of games still (probably more than 40) to still play before I officially kiss the PS3 system dead and gone.

I have all the original AC games still to finish on the PS3, the OG Ratchet & Clank games to name a few.

Still holding out to be able to play Bayonetta, trying out the Arland series, and the Tales series

So basically I have way to many games ?

you do make an excellent point. I also have some PS3 games left. Might buy a second -hand later this year. They don't cost that much.

But man, you do have a long list of games to play ?

7 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

you do make an excellent point. I also have some PS3 games left. Might buy a second -hand later this year. They don't cost that much.

But man, you do have a long list of games to play 1f913.png

Don't I know it ?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, BlazzingWind said:

I did a bad. The partner took me to a used game store and I couldn't help myself.

Picked up:

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS3)

BioShock: Infinite (PS3)

[Prototype] (PS3) - even though I already have the PS4 collection

I may have a problem >>

Total Game Points: - 4

I'm sure you'll do better next time :D 

• Like 2

Darksiders (PS4) has been bested (again). A nice shiny plat and two run throughs of a story that is marred by plot holes and enemies that aren't scaled correctly to the difficulty you are playing. Other than that, always a fun time.

Total Game Points: - 1

Games Platinumed/100%: 16

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 50

• Like 1

Haven't progressed much in any games, but I did have a look at the EU Summer sale. Looks like I'll be buying a handful of games. I'll probably wait until Week 2, do buy everything in one go. In the meantime, it would be awesome if I found the time to complete 1 or 2 more games, as I can only buy 3 or 4 games without punishing my score.

My dad is visiting for a day and surprised me with two games ? so the backlog gets even longer.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - I have been looking everywhere for this game as I did not want to buy it online with a price tag of $30+, but I absolutely loved Memories of Celceta and can't wait to start this.

The Last of Us Remastered - I made a passing comment to him almost a year ago that I was interested in the possibility of playing this...but Grounded Mode...it feels too soon ?

And now I has a question for everyone (or those that care to reply lol)

Currently I have online left to do on the PS3 in:

AC4 - Level 55, All Rounder, Acrobatic and Gun Kill as Blackbeard, Using Orchid block 10 abilities, and Kill a player with a booby-trapped lift 

Batman: AO - All Online

Tomb Raider - Level 60, Purchase a new skin, Purchase everything

Uncharted 3 - Treasures (2 trophies)

Dante's Inferno - Trials of Saint Lucia

Dead Space 3 - Unsure if I can do the co-op trophies myself with 2 controllers

LBP2 - Use a painting as your profile pic, complete 5 Move enabled levels online

(possibly more but none come to mind)

I don't really plan to re-get Dante's Inferno as it is only one trophy that sounds like a major headache to get. With that said, do you guys think it is worth trying to finish out AC4, Batman: AO, and U3? For U3 there is only a month left until the servers shutdown and I have 11 treasures left, 2 of them are the final bosses of the adventure campaigns Monastery and Airport respectively. The others can be gotten in Hunter Arena, but the treasures are random drops and require ridiculous luck to get. AC4 is mostly dead online and I haven't seen any boosting sessions show up for the game in a while so I figure it is a lost cause. And finally Batman: AO online was supposed to be shut off over a year ago now which makes for server problems and the online was very confusing when I tried it out before. Not sure if it is worth the aggravation of trying to get the 11 online trophies. Thoughts?  

5 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Currently I have online left to do on the PS3 in:

AC4 - Level 55, All Rounder, Acrobatic and Gun Kill as Blackbeard, Using Orchid block 10 abilities, and Kill a player with a booby-trapped lift 

Batman: AO - All Online

Tomb Raider - Level 60, Purchase a new skin, Purchase everything

Uncharted 3 - Treasures (2 trophies)

Dante's Inferno - Trials of Saint Lucia

Dead Space 3 - Unsure if I can do the co-op trophies myself with 2 controllers

LBP2 - Use a painting as your profile pic, complete 5 Move enabled levels online

Here's my add to this if you like:

AC4 - Grinding can be done offline (ish) in Wolfpack, so you can pop into it and do small hits to level up a bit. The others either require a bit more skill that I don't have or boosting lobbies, but shouldn't take too long. Worthwhile

Batman AO - Not sure if it's still online, but you can grab a boosting team together if it is and knock out the trophies in a couple of matches based on what I have seen. But I haven't tried it and I need to if they haven't closed the servers. Maybe

Tomb Raider - Same as AC4, can be grinded solo, which isn't too bad. If you don't have to do any of the MP related kill trophies then easily doable. Worthwhile

Dante's Inferno - Most of the trophies can be done in one evening. The hardest thing is the 2P Trials, that will be the pitfall of 100% the DLC. Maybe

Dead Space 3 - Not able to 2P with an extra controller, attempted this myself, you need an online partner. Depends what you need and how far you are through the game, but isn't too frustrating overall if you have a reasonable partner. Maybe

LBP2 and UC3 I can't comment on.

If you need an online partner for DS3 or TR, I can help if you want. And the others mentioned if you want to try for any of them.

• Like 1

Hmmm if I need online with Dead Space 3 I will probably pass. I got it for free a long time ago through PS+ since I had Dead Space 1 and never finished it.

LBP2 I already have the plat and dont remember if I still have everything for the Move to even get the last two online trophies. Probably a lost cause at this point.

Dante's Inferno, all that I have left is the one trophy for the 15 sp trials and 10 2p trials. But I would need to rebuy the game to be able to get that one measly bronze trophy.

Tomb Raider is a solo grind, same as AC4. The difference being is All Rounder. Acrobatic Blacbeard. And Elevator to the Gallows. I do really want to finish AC4 so if @Psy-Tychist is up for it, then yeah let's do it.

Batman AO has three trophies that require 8 people working together. As a hero kill 6 different Elites in 6 different ways. Kill 4 different Elites in 60 seconds without using melee. And on a full server kill the hero to bring back reinforcements. Everything else can be done in a three man team (so I've heard) to boost the levels and map plays that are needed. Willing to do this as I still have the game downloaded and ready to roll.

My problem with U3 is the luck involved with the normal treasures in Hunter Arena and the difficulty of the Adventure Treasures. You could play all day for the next week and not get it. Or play one game and get everything you need. I'd love to have all 5 (6 eventually) of the Uncharted games at 100% but not sure if the month commitment and possible failure is worth it given the excess of my current backlog.

But as @gladiatorrrrrrr said if I'm done with it, move aside and get to the other games I'll enjoy. The life of an imperfect perfectionist when it comes to games ?

• Like 1

Onto something that isnt me complaining lol

Picked up The Last of Us Limited Edition Guide and Uncharted 2 Official Guide in great shape. I really like collecting the guides for the games I enjoy, especially when you can find them for a reasonable price with few if any defects.

• Like 1

Defeated Darksiders II (PS4)

It was great being able to playthrough the game before attempting the third. However, as what happens when you replay a game, there are some flaws to be noted.

One of the flaws that is worth mentioning is that on the PS4 you can break the game using possessed weapons to have an incredibly strong weapon combined with health steal to just make the game laughable. Beyond that, the sound dropping, crashing, and image jumping were kinda annoying. That and the ability to fast travel randomly being inaccessible unless you reloaded your save.

It is an alright game, just a tad too long and the whole journey felt pointless after the events of the first. Just another horseman being used like a puppet. Enemies crop up that you never really fight like Lilth.

With this being the second time through, I'd rate the game a solid 5/10

Total Game Points: 0

Games Platinumed/100%: 17

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 51

• Like 1

I am Soap, and I have a problem. I have sworn MULTIPLE times that I would not start any new games until I got my backlog down a little bit......I struggle with this on a regular basis because they keep remastering games that I love and I say "Oh well I know I can finish this one quickly." Then by the time I am halfway through, they release something else. I have been doing a little bit better, but still need to put in the work. My backlog is as follows.

93.33% completion ratio

1223 unearned trophies

PS4:

Hitman Absolution

Days Gone

Shadow of The Tomb Raider

Minecraft

Borderlands

Fallout 76

Darksiders 3

Far Cry 5

Wolfenstein 2

Goat Simulator

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Semispheres

Bioshock Infinite

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Dying Light

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

The Playroom

Battlefield 4

PS Vita:

Minecraft

Farming Simulator

PS3:

Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock 2

Watch Dogs

Little Big Planet 1 & 2

DJ Hero 1 & 2

Uncharted 2 & 3

COD: MW3

You Don't Know Jack (Will never complete this since DLCs are no longer available)

Homefront (Will never complete since multiplayer is disabled)

Beyond Two Souls

007 Legends

Goldeneye: Reloaded

GTA IV

Twisted Metal

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

COD: Black Ops and Black Ops 2

Lego Indiana Jones

Alice Madness Returns

Assassin's Creed 3, Brotherhood and Revelations

I am sure there's others I missed, but I have taken some steps in the right direction, just finished both Borderlands Pre Sequels on PS3 and PS4 which have been on the back burner for a few years now. Just redownloaded everything for Watch Dogs so that is next. The biggest problem is I keep buying new games and then as soon as I finish something from the backlog I reward myself with "trying something new." I just need to stop buying stuff! Hahaha

• Like 3