Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

10 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Darksiders, I never tried them before. How long did it take you do two runs?

Darksiders 1 takes between 25 - 30 hours for the first run in which getting used to combat and gathering all collectibles along with the Abysal Armour.

Second playthrough with the Abysal Armour takes 7 - 10 hours just running through the game on the hardest difficulty and getting some of the health upgrades again to make it even easier.

Darksiders 2  - My first playthrough with getting everything including two of the story dlc (minus completing The Crucible) clocked in at just under 27 hours.

The second playthrough on the hardest difficulty NG+ took 12 hours using the possessed weapon glitch.

A 40 min side playthrough is needed to make life easier. After beating the game again, flip the difficulty to easy and crush The Crucible.

All in all, you COULD beat everything in a week. But I would honestly take your time and move from Darksiders 1 to 2 so that the combat doesnt seem as clunky or troublesome

4 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

thanks for your review. I think I have DS2 if that is the one that was free with Plus.

If it is the PS3 version of DS2 be careful, there was one online trophy that makes the game unplattable as the server closed already.

• Like 1

Some updates:

- I forgot to add the platinum that I got for HyperDimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed.Kinda grindy but since it's a beat em all, it was kinda enjoyable.

- Finished Batman Telltale: Enemy Within. I really loved the game and the story. Ended up with Vigilante Joker.

- Also completed Motorstorm RC Complete Edition (Vita)'s main campaign. I just have some extra Time Trials and things to do for the platinum.

I currently have 57 completed games and 5 NG points and was tempted to buy either Ni No Kuni II, Nier: Automata or Lost Sphear. I'm considering saving as many as NG possible so I can use them on a big sale like the New Year sale or something. I have enough games to play untl then, so...

Right now, I am slowly grinding for some platinums for games like Heavy Rain, Horizon Chase Turbo, NFS Most Wanted... Campaign/Story-wise, I am progressing with Wtach Dogs 2, which I am really enjoying. As for the Vita, I don't know if I will continue with Exist Archive or start another game (most likely Tales of Hearts R or Danganronpa 2).

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 11:09 AM, Caju_94 said:

Some updates:

- I forgot to add the platinum that I got for HyperDimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed.Kinda grindy but since it's a beat em all, it was kinda enjoyable.

- Finished Batman Telltale: Enemy Within. I really loved the game and the story. Ended up with Vigilante Joker.

- Also completed Motorstorm RC Complete Edition (Vita)'s main campaign. I just have some extra Time Trials and things to do for the platinum.

I currently have 57 completed games and 5 NG points and was tempted to buy either Ni No Kuni II, Nier: Automata or Lost Sphear. I'm considering saving as many as NG possible so I can use them on a big sale like the New Year sale or something. I have enough games to play untl then, so...

Right now, I am slowly grinding for some platinums for games like Heavy Rain, Horizon Chase Turbo, NFS Most Wanted... Campaign/Story-wise, I am progressing with Wtach Dogs 2, which I am really enjoying. As for the Vita, I don't know if I will continue with Exist Archive or start another game (most likely Tales of Hearts R or Danganronpa 2).

@ Motorstorm RC; did you got the Gold medals in all events already? I am kind of stuck with 3 last events with that fast car you unlock. It is pretty hard to drive a perfect round. Good job! Any tips?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@ Motorstorm RC; did you got the Gold medals in all events already? I am kind of stuck with 3 last events with that fast car you unlock. It is pretty hard to drive a perfect round. Good job! Any tips?

No, not all of them. I have all gold medals not related to the super cars. As for the Super Cars time trial, I know I have one of the areas 100%, others I did not try yet, and others I am struggling with. I did not consider the super cars as campaign because it's something I unlocked after I got all the 146 gold medals.

It depends a lot of the car and the track. I also had to retry quite some times to get 3 gold medals on the trials I managed to. Normally, on my first try I manage to get 1 or 2 medals.

My current tips would be for you to try to study and imitate the "gold line" that goes alongside with your vehicle (the time to beat). Corners are IMO the most crucial things in the time trials, try to do them the most "inside" possible and near to the walls, and don't brake too much, sometimes it's better to push the brake for half a second and let the car lose the speed while turning without touching the accelerator or even drift. Do not be afraid to trying different ways of turning and losing the time trial. They are short anyway.

• Like 1

I REALLY need to stop going to GameStop...finally got my points back to zero just to get another three games (there was a sale) also I applied for a job with them

Re-picked up White Knight Chronicles...the very first platinum enabled game that I tried on my PS3 back when I had no understanding of how difficult/time consuming trophy hunting could be. Not to mention the idea of following a 'trophy guide' just seemed like a pain since I was already following a guide. (I was young and naive). If I remember right I am at guild lvl 8 (out of 12) trying to complete the Spear classification and wrongly started synthesizing weapons and armor without keeping a written log of what I did.

Without the aid of online (which the game was made to be played) this platinum is 800+ hours of grinding for materials/guild lvl/abilities. If I can find my save I SHOULD be able to run through the other trophies minus the synthesizing. If I completely and utterly messed up, then it looks like a very long and hard road ahead of me.

Grabbed Resonance of Fate (PS3). I know that the game was remastered for the PS4 (online only) but I have a preference for trying to beat the game on the system it was originally made for when possible. Plus this opens up the possibility of stacking the plat if I find it super fun. Another long and challenging plat.

Finally, finally picked up Bayonetta. I have been curious about the game and tempted several times to grab it. Took the plunge and we will see if the wait was worth it or not.

Also picked up a game for the partner that doesn't count here: Crash Team Racing. He has been bugging me for a while now to grab the game and while I do not like racing games in particular *glances at Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on profile* he enjoys playing these 'party' type games together.

So my stats as of now:

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: -9

Games Platinumed/100%: 17

Games Bought: 7

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 50

Edited by BlazzingWind

8 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@BlazzingWind I hope you get the job, but it will let you backlog get ou tof hand completely! ?

Pretty sure my backlog is already out of control, this will just make it so my pre-orders go crazy again. My record a few years ago was having 10 games on pre-order, almost one coming out every month.

Also, it looks like I miscounted somewhere and from the start of this event until now I have played and beaten 50 games. Don't know why I have 51 down lol

• Like 1

I have been in sitting in a kind of a game dip in the last weeks. probably also do to with the hot weather. But when I started AC Odyssey it totally changed. You can choose between two characters ; male and female and I went for the obvious male one. Only to find out after an hour or so I was totally annoyed by his voice and the way he acted. So what to do? Yup restart with the female character Kassandra. Oh what a joy! Much better acting and her voice is lovely

The game itself is probably one of the best AC ever. The world is beautiful constructed, the missions are well thought about and having a ship that you can upgrade (and call home) has been a concept I first doubted but really got attached to it. But the biggest difference is that you just can go to a group enemies expecting that you will be victories. I died so many times that stealth started to be a real option, not to say the only! Love it! Also that enemies scale with you, so no going back to an old region when you are 10 levels higher expecting a easy walk through, your enemies scaled with you! It took me 70 hours to get to the platinum but it never felt like a grind, there is just so much to discover. Also the boss fight against Medusa felt almost like Dark Souls boss fight....good thing!

I still have the free DLC and paid ones to do so my journey hasn't ended yet.

that brings me up to 2 available points, still need 1 to be able to buy Borderlands 3 and another 3 for FIFA20....

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 10

Platinums/100% Obtained: 10

Games Bought: 0

Available game points 2

PS4 Games 6/15

Spoiler

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • The Division 2 :platinum:
  • Mafia III :platinum:
  • DriveClub  :platinum:
  • AC : Odyssey :platinum:
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Ether One
  • Dishonored - The Death of an outsider
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy

PSVita Games 4/15

Spoiler
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Borderlands 2
  • Never Ending Nightmares
  • Call of Duty : Declassified
  • Need for Speed: Most wanted

Possible add on games

Spoiler

PS4

Skyrim

Unravel

Red Dead Redemption 2

Overcooked

Sniper Eilte 4

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

What remains of Edith Finch

Rage 2 (still to buy)

Sekiro (still to buy)

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Severed

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Bard's Tale

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Pato Box

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 3

Darksiders 3 has been bested to 100%

This game looks well polished and has impressive visuals when compared to the first two. Everything is clear, vibrant, and textured. But this game is a clear step in a strange direction for the series.

Darksiders was largely based off LoZ with large, sprawling dungeons, keys to get further in dungeons, upgrades, and towering bosses. Instead this iteration takes on the 'Souls' genre and puts damage output primarily into counter attacking. Sure you can brute force your way through by overfilling your strength stat but that is pointless when all enemies are damage sponges.

The third game is set on a Earth completely and utterly in the beginning stages of the Apocalypse. Mankind has fallen with Demons and Angels fighting over the fallen Earth. Among the devastation the seven deadly sins have somehow been released and are also wreaking havoc. The Charred Council sends Fury to recapture them along with an unnamed female Watcher.

This entry takes place between 10 - 20 years after the start of the apocalypse, but it is hard to say when it ends in correlation to when the end of the first game happens. It gives a bit of lore about the humans and what happened to them, but really doesn't touch on any new ground that was not already covered by its predecessors. Again enemies that come up are never fought but alluded to the fact that they will be a threat later, same as the second game.

Where the game falters is in the combat. It moved from the hack n slash realm to the dodge or you die realm. Any and all enemies can and will kill you if Fury is hit once or twice. Never did I feel OP as the enemies scale with your character so they are always a threat. This is not a bad setup but when you can easily beat most of the bosses, only to die against the normal mob enemies, it becomes extremely irritating quickly.

To add to this, the map has been completely removed from the game, and with a world that is more labrythne then functional, getting lost is commonplace. And then we come to what I found strange. Darksiders 1 and 2 were both moderately sized games. The first being about 24 hours at a casual pace and the second one being about 30. This game on the other hand clocks in at just about 17 hours on a first run and even less on a secondary run. It just feel way to short for a Darksiders game.

But the flow if combat, awesome visuals, and the characters of Fury, the Watcher. Vulgrim, and Lust make for an enjoyable time through. I give this game a 6/10 and wish it was a higher rating.

Total Game Points: -8

Games Platinumed/100%: 18

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 51

• Like 2

The Bridge was beaten after a confusing 6 hours. This game uses the functions of perspective and gravity to get your character from start to finish in a rather headache inducing format in which you can manipulate and rotate the entire screen.

Without a video guide this game feels like a 9/10 difficulty but thankfully there isnt really a story to follow. It is another visual game only. Very well done just frustrating in its precise movements and placements to get through. I would probably play this on the PS3 to avoid the trouble of the motion controller with the 4

Total Game Points: -7

Games Platinumed/100%: 19

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 52

Did not mean for the triple post. The Swapper has been bested. Got it for free a while back through PS+ and had it downloaded and just sitting on my system. Figured it was time to get it done with.

The story is convoluted at best and almost nonsensical, but for a four hour investment some of the puzzles were truly devious. Glad it is done and off my list.

Total Game Points: -6

Games Platinumed/100%: 20

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 53

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Did not mean for the triple post. The Swapper has been bested. Got it for free a while back through PS+ and had it downloaded and just sitting on my system. Figured it was time to get it done with.

The story is convoluted at best and almost nonsensical, but for a four hour investment some of the puzzles were truly devious. Glad it is done and off my list.

Total Game Points: -6

Games Platinumed/100%: 20

Total Games Beaten During Event 2018 - 2019: 53

@BlazzingWindI actually liked the Swapper, found it an intriguing puzzle game. But man, you are in a flow! beating so many games!

Beated the first DLC (the free one) of AC Odyssey. Some nice missions and some really boring ones too. I thought it was time to play something else and will leave the paid DLC for later. Re-started Sniper Elite 4. Never finished it and I am unsure why because it instantly grabbed me again. Swapped SE4 for Dishonored Death of an Outsider as I don't want to have a list of more than 15 PS4 titles to beat. Exception will be that I will add Borderlands 3 to it next month

?

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 10 1/3

Platinums/100% Obtained: 10

DLC beated: 1

Games Bought: 0

Available game points 2 1/3

PS4 Games 6/15

Spoiler

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • The Division 2 :platinum:
  • Mafia III :platinum:
  • DriveClub  :platinum:
  • AC : Odyssey :platinum:
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Ether One
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy
  • Sniper Elite 4

PSVita Games 4/15

Spoiler
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Borderlands 2
  • Never Ending Nightmares
  • Call of Duty : Declassified
  • Need for Speed: Most wanted

Possible add on games

Spoiler

PS4

Skyrim

Unravel

Red Dead Redemption 2

Overcooked

Dishonored - The Death of an outsider

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

What remains of Edith Finch

Rage 2 (still to buy)

Sekiro (still to buy)

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Severed

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Bard's Tale

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Pato Box

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 1

Last weekend, wasn't expecting to get Watch Dogs 2's platinum, but.. I got it! After taking a better at the trophy list, I noticed it wasn't that grindy and didn't take me much effort. It took me the whole Saturday to finish the rest of the main missions and do the usual misc stuff for the platinum.

I'm grinding on other games for their plat as usual. Since this week I am only working until Wednesday, I might take an opportunity to work on some platinums and maybe start a new game. Of course, you can always take a look at my backlog and recommend me a game you think I should really try.

This leaves me with 6 NG points for now. Never had so much points probably haha. 

• Like 2

After over four years of it sitting incomplete on my list thanks to three trophies, Uncharted 3 is FINALLY 100%.

There are so many memories that I have of Uncharted 2 and 3, I made some awesome friends through the online and am really sad to see it go. While the online for U3 was like a full game itself, it was fun for what it was.

Now onto what has been bugging me this past week. I am debating on what should be my 125th plat. KH: Birth by Sleep, AC: Brotherhood, Final Fantasy 9, Jak 2, or push to try and complete The Witness and its' impossible final trophy lol

I am itching to go through The Last of Us again as well as run through YS 8. So many games, so little time

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

what is so impossible on The Witness?

Since 125 is a nice number I would say something special like FF9, which is a classic.

The last trophy for The Challenge relies on a ton of luck and knowing exactly what is going on during the event.

You are under a time limit, the course of two classic instrumental songs, approximately 5 minutes.

Using this time you have to solve the following:

3 line puzzles in the first area

1 'cover all dots' puzzle that tells you the route and placement of another two puzzles within the random labyrinthine coming up

4 puzzles that are randomly turned on in a different order each time

2 sets of 3 puzzles in which only ONE of each set is solvable

2 random puzzles in the labyrinthine portion that I mentioned earlier are now up

2 pillar puzzles in which the puzzle is wrapped around a pillar and you try and solve them by rotating the pillar.

You have to complete all of this within the 5 minutes. If you fail any puzzle, you have to return and re-complete the previous puzzle. It has proven to be a great frustration so far. I am trying to activate a glitch which gives you infinite time to solve the last two puzzles, but to activate it you have to get to the last puzzle in the labyrinthine area and solve it just as the songs are ending. But getting there and making sure that you have the proper solution within the time limit is proving difficult.

With plat 125, I am deciding between KH Birth by Sleep or FF9, think it will be whichever one I get done with first at this point lol

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 6:46 PM, BlazzingWind said:

Hmmm if I need online with Dead Space 3 I will probably pass. I got it for free a long time ago through PS+ since I had Dead Space 1 and never finished it.

Tomb Raider is a solo grind, same as AC4. The difference being is All Rounder. Acrobatic Blackbeard. And Elevator to the Gallows. I do really want to finish AC4 so if @Psy-Tychist is up for it, then yeah let's do it.

Batman AO has three trophies that require 8 people working together. As a hero kill 6 different Elites in 6 different ways. Kill 4 different Elites in 60 seconds without using melee. And on a full server kill the hero to bring back reinforcements. Everything else can be done in a three-man team (so I've heard) to boost the levels and map plays that are needed. Willing to do this as I still have the game downloaded and ready to roll.

How's the Batman AO bit going, if you've started it?

I'm up for the Tomb Raider on either PS3 or PS4, same as AC4, just let me know when is best.

I think they made the Online Pass free now, EA got lots of backlash to do with it and made them all free.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

How's the Batman AO bit going, if you've started it?

I'm up for the Tomb Raider on either PS3 or PS4, same as AC4, just let me know when is best.

I think they made the Online Pass free now, EA got lots of backlash to do with it and made them all free.

I haven't started Batman yet, at least not the online. There is a session for 8/25 https://psnprofiles.com/session/184589-batman-arkham-origins that I am thinking of joining. (I get off work at 6:30ish and should be able to get home right before the session)

Tomb Raider I have on both PS4 and PS3, I can help with the PS4 (Got it completed, but willing to help) same on the PS3. There are four trophies that are best to do with 4 people (I'm All That! Adventurer, Sole Survivor, and Master Blaster). Beyond that, two people can clean up the other trophies in a matter of hours.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:22 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I actually liked the Swapper, found it an intriguing puzzle game. But man, you are in a flow! beating so many games!

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I found the puzzles pretty interesting and flowed well with the progression of the game. The only thing I didn't like was the story, it didn't really feel like it was altogether there. Just a bunch of random dialogue, though at the end of the game I felt bad but I chose to leave the planet.

Question about the rules here. Since I work at GameStop, I found out we are able to 'rent' pre-owned games for three days at a time. One copy at a time mind you. This allows us to try and experience different games so we can be as knowledgeable as possible to help guests with their questions.

However, with the nature of this event, should I treat the renting as a purchase and have it count as points lost for each game tried but also points gained for each game beaten?

I could treat it like I do PS+ but, that gives a random assortment of games that I might or might not add to my backlog which is why I do not consider them 'purchases' and there are no lost points in adding the games. In this case, I would be able to choose which game I pick but no money is trading hands so a 'purchase' isn't made either.

Just wanted to hear others opinions on the matter.

On the gaming front, have been slowly getting through Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Completed Terra and Ven's Critical playthroughs. Going to get through Aqua's today and possibly save the epilogue critical playthrough until after I am done with the 100% Standard playthroughs for all 3 characters.

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@BlazzingWind Could you play the games on another account? But I guess that still doesn't make sense. I mean if you're only testing them until you want to play them it makes it difficult where to place the games. 

sounds like a good approach. Once you actually want to go for the game you can count it as a purchase.

• Like 1