Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

I have been slowly chipping away. Finally up to a 94.03% completion ratio with 1097 unearned trophies. Out of those 1097 only 579 are regular game trophies that aren't DLC. So I am getting there! Only have 4 games left with a D rating, 3 with a C and then I will have only S and A rating! Now if I can just hold off on starting anything new, I'll be in business!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Plat x3 - Long Post

127. My Name is Mayo - I do not know why I even started this 'game', but the deed was done and the platinum was obtained without difficulty. Just earned a sore wrist and perhaps my most shameful platinum to date.

128. Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King - games that were soul-crushing in their own right when I first tried them out on the PS1. Glad to see that huge difficulty is still alive and well in these games, however, the added in game cheat menu was the only way that I was able to get the plat. Love these games to pieces, but man oh man, cannot beat them for the life of me.

129. Code Vein - Dark Souls, except easy and anime-ish. This game was a blast playing through, loved everything about it (well perhaps not the bad ending) and cannot recommend this game enough. Nothing besides the 400 marks needed for level 30 was grindy and even that was a pretty speedy process. It is a fun game and my second time in a souls-esque game. Seriously eyeing trying a bit harder souls game with Bloodborne next.

Stats for the Event - 2019

Total Game Points: -16

Games Platinumed/100%: 25

Games Bought: 12

• Like 1

Plat 130 - Indivisible

Highly fun, yet simple game with an agonizing section of precise platforming that really tests your skill and patience.

This game was a blast to playthrough and super happy that I got to try it.

Total Game Points: -15

Games Platinumed/100%: 26

• Like 1

Finished COD MW 2019. Most easy COD ever! Veteran was pretty doable with so many check points. But have to say a very enjoyable story! MP is not my thing, Some real development mistakes like it is possible to get killed in you rspwan makes it for me a 'no go ' game. Deleted it and re-installed BF5 ?. On my VITA list I have swapped Volume for borderlands 2. I have created this 'to do ' list some time ago but as time progresses some games make less sense to have on this list. It is clear that I will not be able to finish all the games I wanted to finish this year. Time constraint was the biggest factor. But also being addicted to FIFA again. We will see where I will end......there will be a year 3 for me at least ?

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 15 2/3

Platinums/100% Obtained: 13

DLC Finished: 5 = 2 2/3 points

Games Bought: 2

Available game points: 1 2/3

PS4 Games 7/16     DLC 6/11

Hide contents

Games

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • The Division 2 :platinum:
  • Mafia III :platinum:
  • DriveClub  :platinum:
  • AC : Odyssey :platinum:
  • Sniper Eilte 4 :platinum:
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 :platinum:
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Ether One
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy

DLC

• AC: Odyssey DLC free 100%
  • AC Odyssey : DLC Legacy of the First Blade episode 1 100%
  • AC Odyssey : DLC Legacy of the First Blade episode 2 100%
  • AC Odyssey : DLC Legacy of the First Blade episode 3 100%
  • AC Odyssey : The Faith of Atlantis episode 1
  • AC Odyssey : The Faith of Atlantis episode 2
  • AC Odyssey : The Faith of Atlantis episode 3
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Target Fuhrer 100%
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Death Storm 1 100%
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Death Storm 2
  • Sniper Elite 4: Death Storm 3

PSVita Games 5/15

Hide contents
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Need for Speed: Most wanted :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Volume
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Little Big Planet
  • Severed
  • Call of Duty : Declassified

Possible add on games

Hide contents

PS4

Skyrim

Unravel

Red Dead Redemption 2

Overcooked

Darksiders III

Dishonored - The Death of an outsider

Nioh

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

What remains of Edith Finch

Rage 2 (still to buy)

Sekiro (still to buy)

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Resident Evil 2

Metal Gear Solid HD

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Bard's Tale

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Pato BoxNever

Ending Nightmares

Borderlands 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plat - 131: Raging Loop

An interesting, yet easy visual novel for the PS4. Nothing is missable and the game is very linear with most side branching pathways leading to deaths like most generic VNs. Enjoyed my time with it as the story was a bit different from what I have seen elsewhere. They turned the game werewolf into a mystery thriller.

Total Game Points: -14

Games Platinumed/100%: 27

• Like 1

Finished Volume on the PSVita, nice puzzle game! Game did breakdown a couple of times. Scary to see your Vita going all black but okay, it rebooted safely. Started Metal Gear Solid; Snake Eater on the VITA, which shows that for me lists not always work for me. Have replaced  LBP with MGS.

Current Status year 2:

New Game Points: 16 2/3

Platinums/100% Obtained: 14

DLC Finished: 5 = 2 2/3 points

Games Bought: 3

Available game points: - 1/3

PS4 Games 7/16     DLC 6/11

Hide contents

Games

• Call of Duty : MW Remastered :platinum:
  • BF5 :platinum:
  • The Division 2 :platinum:
  • Mafia III :platinum:
  • DriveClub  :platinum:
  • AC : Odyssey :platinum:
  • Sniper Eilte 4 :platinum:
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 :platinum:
  • Until Dawn
  • Dishonored II
  • BF1
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Valiant Hearts - the great war
  • Far Cry 5
  • Ether One
  • Uncharted : Lost Legacy

DLC

• AC: Odyssey DLC free 100%
  • AC Odyssey : DLC Legacy of the First Blade episode 1 100%
  • AC Odyssey : DLC Legacy of the First Blade episode 2 100%
  • AC Odyssey : DLC Legacy of the First Blade episode 3 100%
  • AC Odyssey : The Faith of Atlantis episode 1
  • AC Odyssey : The Faith of Atlantis episode 2
  • AC Odyssey : The Faith of Atlantis episode 3
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Target Fuhrer 100%
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Death Storm 1 100%
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Death Storm 2
  • Sniper Elite 4: Death Storm 3

PSVita Games 6/15

Hide contents
  • Unit13  :platinum:
  • The Long Reach :platinum:
  • Rogue Aces :platinum:
  • Demetrios :platinum:
  • Need for Speed: Most wanted :platinum:
  • Volume :platinum:
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • AC Chronicles - China
  • Sly Cooper 4
  • Tearaway
  • Rayman Origins
  • Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater
  • Severed
  • Call of Duty : Declassified

Possible add on games

Hide contents

PS4

Skyrim

Unravel

Red Dead Redemption 2

Overcooked

Darksiders III

Dishonored - The Death of an outsider

Nioh

Undecided

Hitman 1

Ratchet and Clank

MGS V

Wolfenstein: The New order

What remains of Edith Finch

Rage 2 (still to buy)

Sekiro (still to buy)

PSVita

AC Chronicles - Russia

AC Chronicles - India

Resident Evil 2

Silent Hill: Book of memories

Virtua Last Reward

Bard's Tale

Undecided

Uncanny Valley

Rocketbirds Evolution

Army Corps of Hell

Jak I

Jak II

Jak III

Dead or Alive 5

Batman Blackgate

Final fantasy x

Final fantasy X-2

God eater 2

Tales of Heart 2

Soul Sacrifice

Darkest Dungeon

Oddworld

PATO Box

Antiquia Lost

Furwind

Pato BoxNever

Ending Nightmares

Borderlands 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plat - 132: Medievil

A game I never got to play on the PS2 so it was a nice chance to be able to play through it. The game is simple in design with being 'harder' at the very beginning and then easier as you get more weapons and health bottles. Definitely a must play in my book.

Total Game Points: -13

Games Platinumed/100%: 28

So work update.

We lost our Store Lead and Assistent Store Lead, which means there isnt anyone else besides me to keep the store running in a managerial type function as the district manager isnt doing anything to fill the vacancies before Christmas.

As such, I probably wont have time to play much. If that is the case, I hope everyone has a great holiday.

• Like 2

Well, things have been going really slow for me these last weeks. I also started some new games, which some of them can be long.

• I finished and platinumed Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal
  • I finished and platinumed Timothy VS The Aliens
  • I started playing Just Cause 3, Iconoclasts, .hack/G.U, Valkyrie Drive, Darksiders Warmastered Edition and Tales of Hearts R.

For 2020, I will add more PS Plus games I received and clean my Main Post a little bit. For now, I don't really have that much time, so it will probably mean I will longer to finish longer games and probably won't work for some platinums for now.

• Like 1

Plat 133 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

For a Star Wars game this is difficult to place, my only other experience has been The Force Unleashed. The combos and moves are fluid, the characters likeable and the environments large and enemies well made. However, outside of the first two planets, things feel rushed. Towards the end of the game visual glitches are numerous, including BD-1 simply vanishing from the screen. Despite this, the game plays well for what it is.

My biggest gripes (besides the visual glitches) have to be the sliding sections. It strongly feels that these areas were made specifically to annoy the player as the controls are complete trash. On top of that, the map is just horrible. Nothing clearly shows how things are supposed to overlay and many times you have to run around aimlessly to figure out where to go.

And perhaps just a small thing, but for a game like 'Star Wars' 8 planets doesn't impress me at all when the first, fourth, and eighth you can never return to, along with one planet Ilum merely being a quick 30 minute jaunt of your time. It makes the game feel very empty and streamlined in a bad way. But as i said, the game is not bad in a structural sense and I agree that it is the best Star Wars game we've had to date. Just doesn't hit the mark of a 'good' game, more like mediocre with touches/hints of what could have been great.

Total Game Points: -15

Games Platinumed/100%: 29

Games Bought: 13

Once again at lucky 13, forgot that I finally bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider Deluxe Edition at the last sale. Also with it being lucky thirteen, I am sad to report that GameStop finally got to me. The change over in leadership was just to much and I ran myself to ragged. What was a great job is now just trash. With that said, hopefully in the next 3 days I can work up the energy to try and finish at least one more game. I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Edited by BlazzingWind

Plat 134 - Collar X Malice

A visual novel that I put off for way to long. Rookie police officer gets ambushed and a collar with lethal poison is placed on her neck. She must now work with five men (it is always men) to figure out why she was targeted and stop a string of murders that are happening in Japan. Other than that, the story line is kinda self-explanatory and boring at times. It was hard to focus on the game and where it was going as a majority of the time was focused on the 'relationship' (cough) then solving any 'crimes'.

Can't say I recommend this game.

Total Game Points: -14

Games Platinumed/100%: 30

Games Bought: 13

• Like 1

Last update for 2019

Looks like I am finishing year 2 in the negatives. Purchased The Outer Worlds yesterday which brings my totals as follows:

Total Game Points: -17

Games Platinumed/100%: 30

Games Bought: 14

I am happy with my total of 30 games beaten though, it was an overall good year.

I suppose the question is...are we continuing into a third year of this?

If so, let me start.

Platinum 135 in the bag: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

A very long, very grindy game that outstays its welcome by a fair bit. Lackluster characters, flimsy story, but damn, I just love Kingdom Hearts so I am crazy enough to complete them all again on the PS4...eventually.

Other than that, final picked up FF8 for the PS4 as well, plan to at least try to finish that before FF7 remaster comes out in March

Stats for the Event - 2020

Total Game Points: -19

Games Platinumed/100%: 1

Games Bought: 1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Went through my list and updated for 2020. Completed 2 easy games so far. Hoping to start Catherine today. I was supposed to start earlier today, but Adventure Time took me longer than I thought. 

OMG Catherine! Is this on the PS3 or the Catherine: Full Body for PS4?

Either way let me know your thoughts, I think it is a really funny yet dark game with just the right level of difficulty.

39 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

OMG Catherine! Is this on the PS3 or the Catherine: Full Body for PS4?

Either way let me know your thoughts, I think it is a really funny yet dark game with just the right level of difficulty.

On the PS3, though I do have the PS4 version as well. I bought the limited edition metal case. I just started and probably need to start again because I suck at the block puzzles. I love the style, and the gameplay is pretty cool. You really can't tell that this game came out 9 years ago. It's gorgeous!

• Like 1

I got the steel book SE for PS4 and have been putting off playing it because I know it will take over my life.

The story and characters are still really decent. Plus the rapunzel minigame is genuinely intriguing. It did not need and update but I'm thrilled we got one.

Just wait until you get to the final challenge...definitely takes some getting used to

919 unearned trophies left. Crossed off two more games, Bioshock 2 and Alice Madness Returns for the PS3. I obtained the platinums a long time ago but never finished the DLCs for them. They are both now 100%! Almost to a 95% completion ratio! For once I seem to be holding up on not starting anything new until I do this backlog.

• Like 1

You could consider the games purchased with currency obtained from gifts as an extension of that gift so they dont equal points lost.

Or you can decide that they are a 'rental' type game and only include them in the point system if you plan to complete them.

Really, I feel, with gifts. How you use your points in relation is up to you completely

• Like 1

A week later and stuck on Kingdom Hearts 2...Xaldin is the hardest boss in the  vanilla game (havent done any of the secret bosses or anything above normal yet).

For the life of me I cant remember how you are supposed to beat him. Been hitting a brick wall over and over again lol.

How is everyone else doing as we close out or third week of January?

• 2 weeks later...

A week and a bit later and I'm staring down the super bosses of KH2FM.

Have 26 more levels to go before I'm at the cap and can start on the data battles. Really hoping I dont have to grind out synthesis items to stand a chance. Otherwise this is about to be a painful experience.

On the other hand, Mushroom 13 were not too bad. The only one that was rage inducing was Mushroom 8 - Yensid Tower. That little...THING...can go jump off a tall building.

With three days to go for the month, is anyone going to finish a game for a Janyary platinum?