Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

• 1 month later...

@Edunstar84 Yeah, looks like we are the only ones keeping this thread alive.

I have high hopes for the remake, even with it being episodic. FF7 was my first final fantasy game and if this game allows us a more fleshed out world and characters, then I'm in support of it.

Downloaded and played the Resident Evil 3 Demo. The zombies are much harder to kill and the game just screams 'backtracking nightmare'. I have it pre-ordered but might wait to play it until a reliable guide is out to get through it.

Speaking of Resident Evil, I still have to get through Hard Mode in 0, the No Way Out Scenario in 2, and finding Jill's Letter in 2 as well.

I lost my PS+ status so can't even do online right now for the games that still need it (been lazy in that department). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

April Update:

I completed 2 games: Persona 5 and Forgotton Anne. I guess it was human error, but I didn't include Persona 5 in my list, even though I've had it on my psnprofile page for 2 years. I guess I forgot to add it. I'm hoping to keep up the momentum of 2 average clears per month. Next I'll play FF7R and Tales of Xillia 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy 7 Remake completed

A beautiful rendition of the beginning of the FF7 story. While not quite the same story, it hits most of the main beats of the story.

Interested in how the story progresses past this, but not to thrilled with the final boss(es). It felt like they were pandering to fans, instead of actually trying to tell a cohesive story.

Final rating 7/10. Good buildup and interesting follow through that the ending bosses just ruin.

• Like 1

Mid-May Update:

Bought Emma: Lost in Memories a few days ago. It's a platformer with some mental illness undertones. I've only gotten through the first stage/world. One level gave me some trouble, and it wasn't the last one. I'm not really good at platformers, so I think someone who is will have an easier time. The plat can be completed in a day, but I reckon it will take me a week and a half. I'm taking a small break from Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I'm almost halfway through, and I don't want it to end.

If I complete FF7 Remake, Emma, and another game, I should still be on track for my plat goals this year.

That sounds awesome.

I'm glad that you are liking Final Fantasy VII R, hopefully it does not take years for the next part to come out.

What is the theme for Emma? I tend to like platformers and your description intrigues me.

I havent done much, finally played and beat Costume Quest. A cute, simple game that is easily beaten in a handful of hours. Nothing is missable and I found it relatively fun.

Beyond that, finally got All Rounder after 6 years lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 3:43 AM, BlazzingWind said:

That sounds awesome.

I'm glad that you are liking Final Fantasy VII R, hopefully it does not take years for the next part to come out.

What is the theme for Emma? I tend to like platformers and your description intrigues me.

I havent done much, finally played and beat Costume Quest. A cute, simple game that is easily beaten in a handful of hours. Nothing is missable and I found it relatively fun.

Beyond that, finally got All Rounder after 6 years lol

It's a puzzle platformer where the platforms disappear once you touch them. Get the PS4 version. The Vita is glitchy in a couple of parts, and it might be difficult to see where you need to jump. Unless you want to travel with it. I think it's a cool idea, but it needed to be tightened a bit. There are many small indie titles that have done better with their limited staff. I was expecting this to be better.

EDIT: There's a plat walkthrough guide on the EU Vita page. I'd check it out to see the gameplay first. 

Edited by Edunstar84

• 4 weeks later...

As of this moment I am up to a 95.54% completion ratio. 815 trophies left! Unfortunately I have about 7 games that will never be 100% due to servers shutting down or DLC being pulled. Still trucking away though, trying to get to at least 96% before The Last of Us Part 2 comes out because I will totally break and start that game before completing everything else. Good luck to you all with your backlogs!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...