Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

10 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

I've never bought Switch digital software through anything other than the eShop on the Switch itself, but it should be possible online too. In the eShop at least, there's an option of paying with gold coins.

Also, check my edit of my previous post, if you hadn't seen that, in case you feel like weighing in with your opinion and helping me make up my mind.

There is an app (I'm pretty sure those exist in almost every country with decent infrastructure) where you can order food from basically anywhere to basically everywhere in Vienna. You get points for everything. Like say, you live 6+ kilometers away from the Restaurant and still order there is a somewhat hefty delivery fee, but you get more points. Want an extra sauce, go get some points. You get the idea. These points you can then use to get discounts or, if you have enough of them, to get a free meal.

Man, I'm torn. I love me some free pizza, but getting that sweet crispy chicken XL sandwhich for just 2.30€ is also nothing to shy away from.

I can't honestly give you any real advice on this, sure the big discount seems awesome, but at the end of the day you save the same amount of money. But I definitely get your struggle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swifty-Joker said:

You're an absolute beast! I'm so gonna be all over this thread once I'm finished with Monster Hunter. (which will take me another 200 hours.)

Enjoy Ratchet & Clank, I liked that one quite a bit.

My to-play-pipeline after Monster Hunter looks like this at the moment:
Ni No Kuni 2

Yakuza 0

FF XV Royal Edition

Finish Batman: Arkham Origins

Maybe some Assassins Creed or Far Cry game

Is there stuff you don't like about Persona 5? I only come across praise when I try to look into that game, which is kinda boring to me to be honest.

Tell me about it when you're a few hours in, I'm interested in this one for a while.

My main complaint is that it is too long and that the pace is too monotonous. Every month it is find a target, figure out the name of the palace, infiltrate palace, and take out the shadow. Rinse and repeat and the story really doesn't get interesting until after the 5th palace. Though if you can hang in there, you'll want to see how this all ends.

Though the game's combat is some of the best turn-based strategy I've played.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I loved Persona 5 but it definitely isn't for everyone, it's long and lots of text between action and its very tight on time limits. But I love all of that and I loved the combat, YMMV

Found a great deal on Farcry 5 gold edition so put my order in for that today, wont arrive for quite a while but I'll add it to my list now. That will take me back to 1 point. Still in the green at least

7 hours ago, Dessane said:

I loved Persona 5 but it definitely isn't for everyone, it's long and lots of text between action and its very tight on time limits. But I love all of that and I loved the combat, YMMV

Found a great deal on Farcry 5 gold edition so put my order in for that today, wont arrive for quite a while but I'll add it to my list now. That will take me back to 1 point. Still in the green at least

You get Far Cry 3 with the gold edition, right? I'm really into developers bundling their older games with newer ones at the moment.

22 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My main complaint is that it is too long and that the pace is too monotonous. Every month it is find a target, figure out the name of the palace, infiltrate palace, and take out the shadow. Rinse and repeat and the story really doesn't get interesting until after the 5th palace. Though if you can hang in there, you'll want to see how this all ends.

Though the game's combat is some of the best turn-based strategy I've played.

Someday I will get it, but from my experience with the series it's exactly as you say. The end often just drags on albeit those are generally good games.

Edited by Swifty-Joker

*sneakin in*

interesting read, this is exactly the same idea I had 2016, except I had to complete the games 100% and not only the story. I had a blog about it and it worked for me about 20 month. then it broke down on me and the yoyo effect made buy over 10 games and more after that in a short period of time TT__TT I was clean for 20 month T_T

Well I have other projects now but I wish you all good luck with this one.

*puttin cookies on table*

*sneakin out*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swifty-Joker said:

Why‘s that?

Did you play on the Switch? It looked semi interesting to me.

Copied from my post in the KYC event:

I played until the loser ending (which I got because I died and had made a specific choice, according to a walkthrough I checked later).

There's a bit of potential here, but the ugly 8-bit of it all is very off-putting, the time limit per day does not help at all and neither does not knowing what the fuck you're supposed to do in the game; the game changes its tune too damn often for such a short thing.

I feel like a broken record when saying that 8-bit can be beautiful if people just bother a bit, but it's true, both for actual old games and for new ones.

I'm not doing a final review yet because I might do a second run with a walkthrough to see the "good" ending, but as it is now this game was a disaster.

Edited by Riq IV
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Swifty-Joker said:

You get Far Cry 3 with the gold edition, right? I'm really into developers bundling their older games with newer ones at the moment.

Someday I will get it, but from my experience with the series it's exactly as you say. The end often just drags on albeit those are generally good games.

Yeah you get Far Cry 3 with it, played it ages ago on PC and loved it, the way I see it for the gold edition the extra cost is Far Cry 3, the DLC is bonus at that point value wise. In the last year or so I've started buying more "value" games as I call them. Games that come with more than one game (Crash Bandicoot, Assassin's Crred Ezio Collection, Borderlands Handsome Collection) Best bang for my buck for sure

Well, even though I did not have enough points, I ended up buying 4 PS Vita games. Since I have a very small Vita backlog (The Ratchet Trilogy, Digimon Cyber Sleuth crossed with PS4 save and PS Plus games that I do not count for this event), I decided to increase it a little. I bought myself Freedom Wars, Playstation All-Stars, Tearaway and Sound Shapes. They were all on sale and they are I will definitely play soon since I'm spending at least 1 and half an hour per day on the bus playing Vita.

Long overdue update - Steins;Gate has been opened ?

1Sca8daf.png

Quite definitely my favorite VN to date. It took me forever to get through it though as the story just captured me. This might be one of the few VNs that I stack if I am able to, same with the Zero Escape series.

Whelp, next up is Game of Thrones - Telltale Series. At least it is a quick plat this time ?

• Like 1

Cleared off Hue and Broken Sword 5 Pt 1 and Pt 2. With that, I've got 4 pts now and I'm actually debating on whether or not to change up the rules from completing the story to the trophy hunting rules, with a minimum of 6 games needing to be cleared before I can get a new game, at least to feel like I'm breaking even with all of the ps plus games that I get every month.

Apart from that, I'm working through Odin Sphere right now. Next I think I'm going to tackle the VNs in my list that have been just still and waiting there. > w <

• Like 1

Finished up Ratchet and Clank today. Was a really fun game which does a good job at recapturing the feel of the old games. There are slight changes to the characters which was a bit of a shame but otherwise I loved the game, it is beautiful graphics wise and was a painless plat with not too much grinding.

That takes me back to 2 points with 8 games done since the start of the event.

I finished the main portion of Pic-a-Pix Deluxe. Not much to say, I like nonogram puzzles and have been solving paper versions for years.

In world four of Kirby. Much more fun than I thought it would be.

Bought a new game but I'm not sure if I have to count this. It's Mansions Of Madness... It's almost a tabletop RPG except GMing is done through an app and there's only a dozen or so scenarios (including ones from expansion packs). At this point I am counting books for tabletop RPG games because they have a measurable play-once story, but I'm not counting 'regular' games, like Tantrix which I also bought recently. Feel like this game is somewhere in the middle.

Finished Game of Thrones - Telltale on the PS3 and while it was typical Telltale fair, the numerous bugs and glitches were annoying to no end. Was stuck on the loading screen so many times I quickly grew tired of this game. But at least it is done, and I am a step closer to beating my PS3 games :)

On 3/19/2018 at 7:51 AM, Shoutachi said:

I just cleared Beyond Good & Evil a few days ago and it was a really enjoyable game. Sad there was no platinum 1f605.png

Amen, brethren. I completed that game on the PS2 years ago and really enjoyed the whole conspiracy stealth adventure of it but no platinum? C'mon. I would have been on it if it had a plat. :(

Also, it looks like we won't get a sequel for a long time. No new word on the BG&E2.

Sorry @Swifty-Joker.

I just found out that Q.U.B.E. 2 has been released last week, it's a game I've been looking forward to since playing the first game.

On the bright side, it shouldn't take too long to get through, and I'm making good progress in both Kirby Star Allies and Retro City Rampage, so I'll be back at *sigh* -1 before too long.

FUCk ME, and the GOTY for Hitman is 50% off, been waiting on a good sale since I tried the base game last year (which became a free download). It was actually cheaper back then but it wasn't a GOTY pack; after the 'complete' first season an extra campaign has been added with a couple of hours of extra content.

Seriously @Swifty-Joker, couldn't you have given me a new game point for each two games played through instead of three? I'd still be reducing my backlog that way...

Edited by Riq IV

Im going to join. First things first im going to premise for me games that are under 15 hours are not backlog. they are what I am going to play in between the backlog. also i will not be including ps plus games. i will also be going for 100% on all games played. so here is the list. Must have 3 points to buy a new game. I like this bc then it keeps me from spending more money then i need to.

PS3 BACKLOG PHYSICAL

Spoiler

final fantasy 13

final fantasy 13-2

final fantasy 13 lightning returns

fall out 3

fall out new vegas

metal gear solid 2 ps3

metal gear solid 3 ps3

metal gear peace walker

metal gear 4 

metal gear rising

metal gear 5

metal gear ground zeroes

tomb raider anniversary

Tomb raider under world

heavy rain 47% till plat

mass effect 1 

mass effect 2

mass effect 3 23% till 100% comp

hyper dimension neptunia victory 

trails of cold steel 64% till plat

dragon age origins

dragon age 2

dragon age inqesition

dark siders 1

demon souls

dark souls

dark souls 2

infamous 

infamous 2 must also complete infamous festival of blood as well

beyond 2 souls

playstation all stars battle royal

sly 1 

sly 2

sly 3 must get mini games as well

sly 4

god of war 1

god of war 2

god of war 3

god of war chain of olympus

god of war ghosts of sparta

god of war ascension

cod world at war

cod ghosts

far cry 3

assassins creed 3

ac liberation hd

ac 4

ac rougue

ac 2 

ac brotherhood

ac rev

batman arkam asylum

batman arkam city

bioshock 

bioshock 2

bioshock infinite

dmc devil may cry

borderlands have plat 67% till 100% cr

borderlands 2

borderlands presequel

tales of graces f

tales of xillia

tales of xillia 2

tales of symphonia

tales of symphonia dawn of a new world

asuras wrath

atelier rorona

ateliar totori

atelier meruru

beyonetta

kingdom hearts 1

kh chain of memories

kh 2

kh birth by sleep must also get recoded cynamatics as well

ni no kuni 

star ocean last hope

skyrim

resident evil rev

kingdoms of amalur reckoning

dragons of dogma

dragon ball z ultimate tenkaichi

ratchet and clank 100%

ratchet and clank 2

ratchet and clank 3

bleach soul resurreccion

Resident evil raccoon city

3d. Game heroes 

call of duty black ops

call of duty modern warfare 2

call of duty modern warfare 3                   

PS3 DIGITAL BACK LOG 

Spoiler

devil may cry 1

devil may cry 2

devil may cry 3

ratchet deadlock

ratchet and clank all 4 one

ratchet and clank full frontal assult

ratchet and clank into the nexus

record agarest of war

record agarest of war 2

record agarest of war zero

mugen souls

mugen souls z

PS4 BACKLOG PHYSICAL

Spoiler

One Piece World seeker

Kingdom hearts 3

Tales of Vesperia

spiderman

dragon quest xi 

watch dogs

saints row 4

cod infinite war fare

cod black ops 3

cod advanced warfare

cod ghost already plat just dlc 57% cr

far cry 4

battle bhorne

battlefiled 4

battlefield hardline

battlefiled 1

star wars battle front

ni no kuni 2

ac unity

ac syndicate

ac origins

the last of us

infamous second sun

megadimension neptunia 7

tales of zesteria

uncharted 2 re only 1 more trophy saving for milestone 5000

uncharted 3 re 89% cr

uncharted 4

uncharted lost legacy

witcher 3 complete edition 4% cr

withcer 3

prototype 1

prototype 2

valkyria chronicles

horizon zero dawn 70% cr

kingdom hearts 1

kh chain of memories

kh 2

kh birth by lseep

kingom hearts dream drop

kingdom hearts .02

re 1

re 0

star ocean 5

skyrim 71% cr

re rev 2

ratchet and clank

persona 5

fall out 4

ff type 0

ff x 54% cr

ff x-2

ff 12

batman arkham knight

assasins creed rev 97% cr

tomb raider def edition

rise of the tomb raider

bioshock 1

bioshock 2

bioshock infinite

batman arkam asylum

batman arkam city

digimon next order

dragon quest builders

the evil within

the evil within 2

metro last light

metro 2033

doom

wolfeinstein new order

borderlands 2

borderlands presequal

darksouls 2

dark souls 3

bloodbhorne

shadow of mordor

shadow of war

dragon ball xenoverse

digimon story cybersleuth

spyro 1

spyro 2 

spyro 3

PS4 BACKLOG DIGITAL

Spoiler

COD modern warfare

cyberdimension neptunia

dark cloud

dark cloud 2

dark siders

dark siders 2

dead island

dead island riptide must obtain retro revenge as well

destroy all humans

destroy all humans 2

devil may cry 4

devil may cry 1

devil may cry 2

devil may cry 3

dmc devil may cry

dishonored

dragon quest heroes

everybody is gone to the rapture

ff 15 

need to do dlc for another point.

grand kingdom

j stars victory

jak 1

jak 2

jak 3

jak x

just cause 3

knack

life is strange

mass effect andramada

metal gear solid 5

metal gear solid ground zeroes

omega quintent

re 0

re 4

re 5

re 6

rime

shadow warrior 1

shadow warrior 2

star ocean last hope

star ocean 3

sword art online lost song

tales of beseria

terra way unfolded

titan souls

trine 1

until dawn

wolfenstein the old blood

world of ff

heavy rain

beyond 2 souls

final fantasy 7

.hack gu

PSVITA BACK LOG PHYSICAL

Spoiler

Jak 2

jak 3

sly 1

sly 2

sly 3

sly 4

hyperdimension u

hyperdimension rebirth 1 29% cr

rebirth 2

rebirth 3

tales of hearts r

ys memories of celceta

persona 4 golden

god of war

god of war 2

PSVITA BACKLOG DIGITAL

Spoiler

Hyperdimension pp

hyperdimension blanc vs zombies 

hyperdevotion noire

neptunia vs sega hard girls

psycho pass 

Spoiler

games done 18

points accumulated 18

current points earned 1

points deducted for buying a video game 17

Edited by DatOneSeagull
  • Like 1

I decided to play the free episode of Hitman yesterday and I cracked and bought the full game afterwards.

On the bright side, I'm managing to not buy anything of Q.U.B.E. 2, A Pixel Story, Super Bomberman R or The Count Lucanor.

It helps that Hitman has so much extra stuff to do that I'll be busy for a while.

Edited by Riq IV

I feel accomplished that I have got my first UR Plat in Puppeteer and after over 3 years I'm glad I have finished it.

Also got through my first Soul type game in Salt and Sanctuary, really enjoyed the kind of washed out watercolour effects which gives it a real feeling of despair and bleakness.

Also on PS Now I have done Frogger Returns, as I'm not willing to pay just to play that and can finish other games just as well using the service.

Now to finish Clicker Heroes (a bane on my existence) and get rid of a lot of the really cheap and nasty Platinums building up on my account.

Finished up Stories the Path of Destinies last night. I quite enjoyed the artsy style and the combat was simple but man that game turns into a grind. That takes me back to 3 points with 9 games done during this event. Already subtracted the points for Far Cry 5 so will be jumping into that as soon as it arrives at my house.

Just finished the story in Kirby Star Allies. Cool game.

Two games to go and I'm back at zero. Only two S1 missions to go for Hitman story completion, I'm working on Pic-a-Pix 100% completion, and I'm two thirds into the story missions of Retro City Rampage.

Edit: just finished Retro City Rampage too. I'm in danger of not having a negative number any more, it seems.

Edited by Riq IV