A new side over Quality over Quantity.

MAUSZX

I bought Nubla and Orc Slayer specifically for the trophies. If they were long, boring slogs of the same gameplay I wouldn’t of bothered. 

My Name is Mayo is one of the cheapest games out there and the stack comes for free, which is why so many people have stacked it. 

Murdered Soul Suspect is another easy game I did and it’s a detective game. I enjoy detective games, but I will admit the second time around is a bit of a slog because of all the collectibles.

I have a few more “easy” games, but in the past five months or so I decided to pick games I’ve wanted to play and require a little effort to obtain that shiny platinum. 

• Like 2

Thanks for mentioning my Youtube I guess ? (I've changed name though, *Cough* lol)

I don't share opinions with most people and People hate me for it, I often say in my videos that Last of Us is trash (incoming hate comment to prove my opinion wrong lol :D )

Just because a game is hard or easy does not indicate how good a game is in my opinion however if a game is actually hard, insanely hard then I can't Not be impressed by it.

I do of course hate stacking Nubla, I hate it with a passion but I actually on the other side think it's okay to do BRIKS, Orc Slayer or Telltale if you want to.

Each to their own and everyone have different opinions. The point I tend to try and make well try sometimes to make is that people should play games they want to play and that they get value from what they buy and have a good time, isn't that the goal of it all? Quantity and Quality with trophies does not really work in the same way as other products or interactive media, at least I don't think it does.

Quality is important with gaming of course but there is always up to so many variables that it's not quantifiable to say what is what.

I prefer to praise people for playing good games rather then difficulty but man doing something so freakish difficult that you have to spend 100+ hours to learn the game and then to be good at it for a whole 500+ hours is mad respect.

(That video he reacted to was extremely old, 7 months and 4 days...I'm better at it these days ;p )

I'm having random people ask me to platinum games for them. What's worse? Bullshit platinums, or those who just offer rewards or money to others to get it for them?

Really, I think all that matters is whether YOU personally make the effort to get the platinum. Obviously those who accomplish the Super Meat Boy and Wolfenstein II platinum are always going to be held in higher revere than the 36 Fragments of Midnight and TTG platinums (me basically).

1 hour ago, Waddlingdan said:

Aye to that! 1f37b.png1f3c6.png

I’m using a new account and only playing games I enjoy, and I’d say plat the games you enjoy, as it shows you’ve played and got that game on your list, which is the fun part for me :D

Yeah, amen to that.

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I bought Nubla and Orc Slayer specifically for the trophies. If they were long, boring slogs of the same gameplay I wouldn’t of bothered. 

My Name is Mayo is one of the cheapest games out there and the stack comes for free, which is why so many people have stacked it. 

Murdered Soul Suspect is another easy game I did and it’s a detective game. I enjoy detective games, but I will admit the second time around is a bit of a slog because of all the collectibles.

I have a few more “easy” games, but in the past five months or so I decided to pick games I’ve wanted to play and require a little effort to obtain that shiny platinum. 

Is ok to play trash games, sometimes is fun, SOMETIMES. Again to each their own, but I think that now my priority is play the games that I want to play and go for the platinum, if I get tired or pissed over the platinum (looking at you yakuza 0) I leave it and play a different game.

15 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

(That video he reacted to was extremely old, 7 months and 4 days...I'm better at it these days ;p )

Yeah, Kingsuperone pointed that out at a couple of times, and it shows since there is no % in the platinum and check marks in the list, which is now a feature in this site.

12 minutes ago, Justin__Harris said:

I'm having random people ask me to platinum games for them. What's worse? Bullshit platinums, or those who just offer rewards or money to others to get it for them?

Really, I think all that matters is whether YOU personally make the effort to get the platinum. Obviously those who accomplish the Super Meat Boy and Wolfenstein II platinum are always going to be held in higher revere than the 36 Fragments of Midnight and TTG platinums (me basically).

You do trophy service like Hakoom and Staypationt? or why do random people ask you to do some plats? I was once asked for help for Trine 2 Complete Story.

I kinda get it, is that OCD attacking people, can't shake the feeling that they almost got the platinum and they can't, I felt that for TMNT OOTS man, but it would not be worth it, and it wouldn't feel right.

Yeah I get that a hard plat is going to be impressive, but if is a hard plat because the game is glitchy and buggy, then... I mean you can get impressed, but you will probably be feeling sorry for the guy right?

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

I never bothered going for "rare" plats but it's sure as hell a nice bonus to have one for a game that you enjoyed playing.

To be honest though, I'll never understand people who buy one game across all regions just to plat them all

Obviously no judgment - but doesn't that cost...well a lot to do that for every stackable game? Plus most of the games don't auto-pop trophies so you have to replay them.

Looking at some players with over 1k plats I really wonder how do they manage to spend so much money and time in gaming, definitely jealous :)

15 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

Looking at some players with over 1k plats I really wonder how do they manage to spend so much money and time in gaming, definitely jealous :)

Some of those guys have team accounts. Multiple people play on the same account which is why their trophy count per day is a very high 16 - 20+ trophies. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

What's here to understand. Leaderboard is their priority points points & more points to get higher in rankings.

Priorities priorities, eh?

Just now, Spaz said:

Some of those guys have team accounts. Multiple people play on the same account which is why their trophy count per day is a very high 16 - 20+ trophies. 

Huh...didn't even think of that. Interesting to know.

11 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Of course there are  but it's easy doable to have 16-20 trophies per day by a single man i don't play japan VN's but if i did i would be close to 20

Sorry to hear your game crashed, especially since I think I was the one who suggested it for your milestone. I had no problems with the game and found it to be pretty damn fun, so I wouldn't lump it in with games like Mayo, Nubla, etc. But yeah, if you don't enjoy playing it, then don't. Plenty of good games out there and ultimately no one but you (and perhaps some very close friends) will really care about your milestones.

54 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

A "trash" plat generally isn't "trash" just because it's easy. It's generally "trash" because it's a bad game, and the only reason to play it is for the easy plat. Others are ones that autopop. There's no reason to have 5 autopopped Sound Shapes plats. There just isn't. Doing stuff like that can devalue a profile in some people's eyes. I personally don't have a problem with it. Whatever floats your boat. Just don't try to pretend you're a trophy hunter. You are a trophy whore. There is a difference. Trophy hunters go for plats, no matter the rarity, and generally it's because they like a game. Trophy whores play games exclusively for trophies, and only care about making their number go up. There's a little of both on most profiles, but it's usually pretty easy to tell which side someone leans towards. However, there is a third type, which doesn't really have a name. Rarity whore, I guess? People who play games because of how rare the plat is, instead of if they like the game. Personally, I think these people are far worse than trophy whores. Because a trophy whore generally knows it, and doesn't really care what people think, because they're having fun. These rarity whores are a different story though. They're generally the type that look down on other people, and are the ones I see judging people the most. Not quite as much on PSNP, but definitely on other sites. 

I'd like to clarify before people get butthurt, these are stereotypes, and not everyone fits into them. There are exceptions.

I was completely against stacking Sound Shapes, but since Sony gives you rewards for trophies now, there's no reason not to autopop the plats for the other two systems you didn't do. 

I personally don't really care what's on people's profiles. Sometimes you see they only play easy stuff like Mayo/Briks/Massagey/etc but sometimes people with really hard plats have some of those games too. I feel like if you can show you can do time consuming or difficult Platinums, there's no issue with having easy plats in between the games that are more difficult. 

3 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

You do trophy service like Hakoom and Staypationt? or why do random people ask you to do some plats? I was once asked for help for Trine 2 Complete Story.

I kinda get it, is that OCD attacking people, can't shake the feeling that they almost got the platinum and they can't, I felt that for TMNT OOTS man, but it would not be worth it, and it wouldn't feel right.

Yeah I get that a hard plat is going to be impressive, but if is a hard plat because the game is glitchy and buggy, then... I mean you can get impressed, but you will probably be feeling sorry for the guy right?

Nah, I don't do trophy services. I honestly think people just found my name on this message board or perhaps just looked up recent players to games they don't want to finish. So a few times in the last few months, I've had requests to do it from random people, but always decline. Whether it's for OCD or not, do it yourself! Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but if you have a 100% completion rate and a lot of platinums, but didn't play every game and finish it by yourself, what the hell is the bloody point? Perhaps it was getting a really big honorable mention participation trophy when I got dead last in a spelling bee in the fourth grade, but I am completely against such fake nonsense, and fail to see the point of having a trophy cabinet of shit you didn't earn yourself.

12 minutes ago, Justin__Harris said:

Nah, I don't do trophy services. I honestly think people just found my name on this message board or perhaps just looked up recent players to games they don't want to finish. So a few times in the last few months, I've had requests to do it from random people, but always decline. Whether it's for OCD or not, do it yourself! Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but if you have a 100% completion rate and a lot of platinums, but didn't play every game and finish it by yourself, what the hell is the bloody point? Perhaps it was getting a really big honorable mention participation trophy when I got dead last in a spelling bee in the fourth grade, but I am completely against such fake nonsense, and fail to see the point of having a trophy cabinet of shit you didn't earn yourself.

You’re not old fashioned, you just have common sense. 

I even tried contacting Stay Pationt and Hakoom about these services. They are untrustworthy to say the least. Stay Pationt has never bothered to answer any of my questions, never talked back to me, and as far as I’m concerned I don’t see an active social media profile of his. Since he quit YouTube in April last year I don’t think he cares about the trophy service anymore.

Hakoom has never answered my questions either. He’s responded to me claiming he’s always busy, and I’ve contacted him months later and he gives the same excuse. He has poor English and he wants ridiculous prices for his service. 

For Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 you have to pay him $1000 for him to get the platinum for you.

Edited by Spaz

Absolutely! An easy platinum does not mean it's a bad game. Take Steins Gate for instance. Just by looking at "trophy whores" profiles I noticed that everyone had this in their list. Multiple regions too of course.

So I always thought it's a crap game, since everybody "abused" it for the easy plat and skipped the whole content. Anyway some time later I stumbled over that game again outside the trophy community and it was praised like f**k. It was also adapted to an anime, since it had the potential to even reach more people.

So I decided to play it and ended up loving it! Took me like 30 hours and I adored almost every single minute of it. To me, the problem is not really the quantity itself but the outrageous number of  "bad" games in order to get as many platinums as possible without  acknowledging the beauty of games. It's like fast forwarding a movie, only to say you've watched it and put it in your IMDB list for others to see.

4 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Does it really matter?  Just play the games you like or that keep your interest.  Who cares what anyone else thinks?  

These comments all the time ? Just say exactly this, add nothing to the discussion and get a shit ton of likes by others. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Absolutely! An easy platinum does not mean it's a bad game. Take Steins Gate for instance. Just by looking at "trophy whores" profiles I noticed that everyone had this in their list. Multiple regions too of course.

So I always thought it's a crap game, since everybody "abused" it for the easy plat and skipped the whole content. Anyway some time later I stumbled over that game again outside the trophy community and it was praised like f**k. It was also adapted to an anime, since it had the potential to even reach more people.

So I decided to play it and ended up loving it! Took me like 30 hours and I adored almost every single minute of it. To me, the problem is not really the quantity itself but the outrageous number of  "bad" games in order to get as many platinums as possible without  acknowledging the beauty of games. It's like fast forwarding a movie, only to say you've watched it and put it in your IMDB list for others to see.

That's how I feel. I haven't played Steins;Gate, but I played two of the Zero Escape games, liked them, and then realized many of the people who "played" those games just ignored all of the text and used a guide for the puzzles. At that point, why are you even playing the game?

I have nothing against people who play easy games for platinums. I don't always agree with it, but I understand it. What I don't get, though, is intentionally skipping any sort of enjoyment you might get out of a game just for some virtual acknowledgement. That seems to me to defeat the only purpose of playing video games. But then, maybe some people just enjoy the competition of being at the top of the leaderboards...

• Like 1

To me, if you use a guide to specifically *play* a game from beginning to end, you didn't really play it. Bottom line.

You have to play the game yourself to feel the experience. Reading it isn't going to provide it. I understand if you use it if your stuck or missing something. But for solely using it to *play* a game is a no-no from me.

2 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

These comments all the time 1f612.png Just say exactly this, add nothing to the discussion and get a shit ton of likes by others. 

That’s because it’s the only logical answer to a thread like this or are you of the opinion people should plat games to impress other people? If you want to play quick, easy games to get as many trophies as possible because you’re a trophy whore then do so. If you want to only play quality or long games because that’s what you value then do so. Of course just because you think a game is good quality doesn’t mean someone else looking at your profile will agree with you. I look at plenty of profiles that have shitty games on them that everyone (including the people playing them) knows are bad and wonder why they do it but in the end it’s their time/money/profile and therefore it’s their choice. Play what you want to play, game how you want to game because in the end the only person who will ever truly care about your profile is you.

• Like 3

I think we can all agree and admit that someone earning a platinum in Wolfenstein II: The New Collossus is going to get a lot more recognition and praise than someone who has a platinum in Nubla. That’s the way things are and how life works. 

Are you going to respect an average basketball player who ends their time with the sport after college? Or are you going to respect someone who can play alongside Lebron James who has the talent, hard work ethic and motive to put out good numbers game after game? 

Obviously I’m going to respect the guy who puts out respectable numbers and could be a potential candidate for the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. Rather than the guy sitting on the bench every game who pinch hits in the eighth and ninth innings. 

These are real life examples. 

Point and click games are often an easy target for scrutiny because guides ruin any challenge they offer. 95 - 98 of all trophy hunters probably use guides for these games and therefore they are a complete joke in terms of difficulty. 

Day of the Tentacle Remastered is such a game that offers no challenge whatsoever with a guide. It’s sad because most of you probably never had a PC when the game first came out and even more of you weren’t even born yet. Having to figure the game out on your own, like people had to do back in 1993, it was a lot more difficult. Same with other LucasArts games Double Fine picked up.

The internet ruined point and clicks. Because any idiot can look up a guide. Kids as young as 2 and 3 know how to watch and find digital media. 

Edited by Spaz