Paragon is shutting down on April 26th

aZombieDictator

So apparently Epic is shutting down Paragon. My guess would be low player base or Fortnite just taking over everything at Epic. It's a shame because I love the characters and art design of this game. I hardly ever played it because I don't like MOBAs. But it'll be gone soon so if you like it play it while it's around.

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/paragon-to-close-on-april-26

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amaterasuthewolf said:

I don't care much for my completion rate, but it's good to know I don't have to try to rush to get a platinum. 1f604.png

I don't give two shits about my completion either but I know lots of people here do so that why I mentioned it :P

I just really hope this shutdown means they'll get more people to work on the Fortnite PVE I've probably dropped like 200 hours in that game and there's still so many bugs and two of the areas are still unfinished, and it doesn't look like the game could release F2P this year in the current state.

Good thing I didnt drop any real life cash in their lootboxes or costumes. I figure this would come sooner or later, they just cant compete with Overwatch or even Smite. Already had wasted too many hours on Paragon with trophies promised months and months ago, I gaved up long time ago on them.

3 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Good thing I didnt drop any real life cash in their lootboxes or costumes. I figure this would come sooner or later, they just cant compete with Overwatch or even Smite. Already had wasted too many hours on Paragon with trophies promised months and months ago, I gaved up long time ago on them.

And with how popular Fortnite got that was probably the killing blow to Paragon. I just really hope they push the resources from Paragon into Fortnite PVE. But we'll see what happens when it officially shuts down.

7 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

And with how popular Fortnite got that was probably the killing blow to Paragon. I just really hope they push the resources from Paragon into Fortnite PVE. But we'll see what happens when it officially shuts down.

The problem is Fortnite isn't even that great. It's just popular atm blown out of proportions. Paragon is a better game than the rest of it's competitor's but people go for the popularity vote. Fortnite is not Fortnite anymore, it has become just a PUBG, same thing H1Z1 became,very low end shallow gaming. I dont know the lure to these crappier games, I truly believe being able to find cheats so easily is driving a lot of these games. Pvp is a lot like real life sports, a long lost art, now a days everyone is looking to cheat some system instead of earning their way.

edit: But yes hopefully they can put more effort into Fortnite and we get our damn F2P PVE mode. hurry the fk up EPIC.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

12 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I truly believe being able to find cheats so easily is driving a lot of these games. Pvp is a lot like real life sports, a long lost art, now a days everyone is looking to cheat some system instead of earning their way.

Yes that's why Fortnite BR is so popular on console, because you can cheat. ?

It says in the shutdown post that they directly refunding absolutely everyone who's ever spent money on Paragon if someone chooses to ask for a refund, which is pretty unprecedented as far as I'm aware. Pretty serious about trying to stay on as good a side as possible as thay means they're also eating the system holder fees that Sony/MS would have taken from transactions. I've not played Paragon but from an outside perspective on player base size it seems like the writing had been on the wall for a while with the game and people shouldn't be too surprised they've decided to cut their loses and close the game instead of spending money supporting a tiny player base. 

46 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

The problem is Fortnite isn't even that great. It's just popular atm blown out of proportions. Paragon is a better game than the rest of it's competitor's but people go for the popularity vote. Fortnite is not Fortnite anymore, it has become just a PUBG, same thing H1Z1 became,very low end shallow gaming. I dont know the lure to these crappier games, I truly believe being able to find cheats so easily is driving a lot of these games. Pvp is a lot like real life sports, a long lost art, now a days everyone is looking to cheat some system instead of earning their way.

edit: But yes hopefully they can put more effort into Fortnite and we get our damn F2P PVE mode. hurry the fk up EPIC.

The battle royale side of Fortnite is so bland and boring in my opinion, it's better than PUBG at least but still the battle royale game mode is very shallow and boring so I agree with you there. There's so much more deep, complex, and fun multiplayer games you could be playing over battle royale stuff, but it's the popular thing now. It's just sad the awesome PVE mode is overshadowed by the bland Battle Royale, I dropped a few hundred bucks and nearly 200 hours into Fortnite PVE before battle royale was a thing, then that came out and now people don't even know there's a PVE side. If they push all the Paragon resources towards battle royale that's gonna make the PVE playerbase play even less.

• Like 2

No one should be surprised by that, no other outcome for the game that's been in early access (with bundles for the price of the whole game) for over a year.

I'm really disappointed in Epic - Paragon was one of the games that I actually was excited about...but no, let's focus on the most overrated genre of all times... *STARES AT PUBG FURIOUSLY*

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

but no, let's focus on the most overrated genre of all times.. *STARES AT PUBG FURIOUSLY*

I absolutely despise the popularity of PUBG. I play games for story, art, gameplay, all that good stuff but a game like PUBG being so popular and overshadowing so many good games that release is sad. And it doesn't help how poorly optimized and how ugly and bland the game looks. There's nothing truly unique about PUBG, yet it's just so damn popular somehow. The devs for PUBG are a bunch of assholes too, like trying to sue over a game mode when their game is using the engine that the people they are trying to sue created. Little bit off tangent sorry, but rant over.

47 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I absolutely despise the popularity of PUBG. I play games for story, art, gameplay, all that good stuff but a game like PUBG being so popular and overshadowing so many good games that release is sad. And it doesn't help how poorly optimized and how ugly and bland the game looks. There's nothing truly unique about PUBG, yet it's just so damn popular somehow. The devs for PUBG are a bunch of assholes too, like trying to sue over a game mode when their game is using the engine that the people they are trying to sue created. Little bit off tangent sorry, but rant over.

Amen to that ^

Rather sad how people were bashing games with lootboxes (not ideal but still) and kept giving developers more reasons to create online-only service games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

Amen to that ^

Rather sad how people were bashing games with lootboxes (not ideal but still) and kept giving developers more reasons to create online-only service games.

Oh yeah I completely forgot PUBG has a lootbox system too. Fortnite battle royale doesn't even have that, they let you outright buy and earn anything you want which is how microtransactions should be. And the battle pass system gives you back all the currency you spent on it if you play enough. That's one thing I love about Fortnite battle Royale, I wish other companies would take note of their microtransactions system.

12 minutes ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

Damn, this sucks. My nephew loves this game- we usually play together on weekends. He's not going to like hearing this but I guess I'll need to find another cross-platform (or couch co-op) game that we'll both enjoy.

Try out Dungeon Defenders 2, Brawlhalla, or Orcs Must Die. (I'm not completely sure if those have local co-op, but dungeon defenders should have it at least and they're all free)

Some paid games with really good local co-op would be Borderlands (preferably Handsome Collection) or Salt and Sanctuary. I'm not in the big loop of local co-op games but those just come to mind.

Also Fortnite is cross play with PC/PS4 (if you see the founders packs on sale you can get two copies for like $30-$40) and I think Rocket League is as well. There's not many cross platform games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 4:36 PM, soultaker655 said:

We will see how well/fast this refund goes.  

Just to update everyone, yes they are really refunding people.

It took about a week for them to confirm my refund and then another two weeks for it to go through.

For receipts, I just showed them the emails that Sony sends you when buy something of the psnstore.