Future content predictions and wishes here

wackt1

On 2/12/2018 at 10:32 AM, Undead Wolf said:

So this isn't really extra content, but I'm hoping they add the option to equip vanity armour, meaning you can have good stats for your character and look the way you want to.

In addition to that, I'd love to see more crossovers. Maybe even include bosses from other games? There are a lot of possibilities.

So much this.  I wish all games that changed your appearance would include a Glamour system.

This is my first Monster Hunter and I've heard so much about Rajang and Deviljho, I want to fight them.  And we're already getting one of them.

I saw this in a video, I want to dress my cat up as Chopper from One Piece.

For new vanity stuff, I'd love a collab between this and FFXIV.  There's 15 Classes in XIV and 14 in MH.  We could get the AF gear.  I've got these figured out.

Long Sword=SAM

Great Sword=DRK

Dual Blades=NIN

Sword and Shield=PLD

Hammer=WAR

Hunting Horn=BRD

Insect Glaive=DRG

Bow=BRD

Light Bowgun=MCH

But who am I kidding, Monster Hunter would probably just get the Miqo starting gear.  But on the flip side Eorzea would get male Roes in Kirin gear.

And I think it's be fun to fight something like Ifrit or Titan in Monster Hunter and Anjanath or Rathalos in XIV.  Granted Bahamut or Nergigante would be awesome, but probably couldn't have endgame fights like that for a crossover.  And thinking about it, Bageljesus would make since, cause he'd just show up in the middle of a FATE or whatever.  But man, just thinking about Nergigante's Divebombs in FFXIV is getting me excited.

Edited by Vermachtnis

Sadly the only thing that I want that could feasibly be done is fixing the terrible auto camera snaps when you see a monster and when a monster gets defeated in another zone. I don't need the scoutflies to rip my camera 180 degrees when I see the monsters in front of me. Same with a monster getting defeated in another zone. Guild Point notification is enough.

The things I want but sadly won't happen is the removal of the Tempered system and replacing it with the Deviant system and bringing back the crafting system for Decorations.

Tempered monsters are just bad game design compared to what they've done in the past and there are a lot of Deviants from Generations that would be great to fight in World like Massacre Demon Diablos and Silverwind Nargacuga. Monsters that actually have new moves not just hit harder because 'reasons'.

Decorations speak for themselves. System is busted beyond belief. The slotmachine melding has to be savescummed to get on the proper rotation or you're just throwing decorations away for no reason. I would gladly without any hesitation get Charm mining back if I could actually make the decorations I wanted, especially seeing as how this game doesn't even allow you to slot decorations into your charm.

A quality of life thing I'd like to see is the ability to "auto-delete" Investigations so you don't have to do it manually - it can take a while. So for example, if I already have all the crowns for a Great Jagrus, I would be able to make it so any Great Jagrus Investigations wouldn't show up in the list.

• 2 weeks later...

If they decide to expand the layered armor settings to allow any armor you currently own and/or implement so called transmog/vanity armor visuals, I hope they make that visual system option toggle-able, even for showing other players transmogs, because that kind of system otherwise evidently ruins the concept of recognizing instantly what specific armor you or others actually wear.
Now, that may not seem like a big deal for most of the players; maybe I'm the only one, but I can see the vanity armor visual thing adversely affecting integrity of the game in the long run.

All I want is for none of this stuff to have trophies. xD;

Although I would love to see the Fated Four from Generations make an appearance. A little more variety with some additional areas would be nice too - why don't we have a snowy locale, or something by the sea? It'd be pretty cool if they reintroduced underwater combat from Tri/3U with some new weapon types for underwater, like harpoons, or pressurised oxygen cannons or something.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 3:50 PM, Vermachtnis said:

For new vanity stuff, I'd love a collab between this and FFXIV.  There's 15 Classes in XIV and 14 in MH.  We could get the AF gear.  I've got these figured out.

And I think it's be fun to fight something like Ifrit or Titan in Monster Hunter and Anjanath or Rathalos in XIV.  Granted Bahamut or Nergigante would be awesome, but probably couldn't have endgame fights like that for a crossover.  And thinking about it, Bageljesus would make since, cause he'd just show up in the middle of a FATE or whatever.  But man, just thinking about Nergigante's Divebombs in FFXIV is getting me excited.

CALLED IT!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/monsterhunter/

• 3 weeks later...

We do know that there'll be a stream showing off the Behemoth fight on the 15th of July. We don't  have an exact date as for when he'll be out, people are generally expecting it to be around the middle to end of the summer festival, similar to Kulve.

1 hour ago, Happy said:

We do know that there'll be a stream showing off the Behemoth fight on the 15th of July. We don't  have an exact date as for when he'll be out, people are generally expecting it to be around the middle to end of the summer festival, similar to Kulve.

ok 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...