MGS1 SNAKE HOLD UP MISSIONS

I was sure there would be a topic on this already! I must be the only one who can't do it...

The VR Missions. HELL! I suffered through sure that the award for finishing would be worth it. I almost gave up at the mission where you need to stop 31 guards from reaching the cardboard box. That took me 3 days! So now I get to the Snake Hold Up Missions using the M4. In order to hold up a guard you need to lightly press the square button. Ok. I lightly press and Snake raises the gun but he doesn't say freeze. I try again - same thing. I press a bit harder and he says FREEZE - but shoots the bloody thing.

Am I doing something wrong? How has anyone managed this!?! It seems the pressure for him to say freeze and the pressure for him to shoot are exactly the same. Why does he raise the gun and not say freeze? I just don't get it. Has anyone got any tips please?

Edited by Hogie838
  • Like 1

I don't really have any tips for this, it was absolute hell though, the aim and shoot pressure is stupidly close even then sometimes I swear it doesn't work. All I can say is Good luck the person who made those mgs1 snake hold up was some kind of sadist. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I went through this hell last June. If he raises the gun and doesn't say 'freeze' its cause you're not close enough to the enemy. Yes the pressure for him to say freeze and the pressure for him to shoot are almost exactly the same. The only tip I can give you is (and this might sound stupid), don't press the middle of the square button. I placed the tip of my thumb at its 11 o'clock (right past the button) that way when i pressed down most of the force goes on the controller and the 10 - 11 o'clock part of the square button gets gently pushed down with your thumb fat lol. Worked for me. my proudest plat ?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Like Syntax said, you have to be close. 

It's been years since I platinumed it but I can still remember how horrible those MGS1 Snake VR and alternative missions were.  Holding up running, invisible enemies; those Sniper rifle ones; just brutal.  To get the platinum trophy for Metal Gear Solid 2, it's not that you have to be great at the game.  Anybody can be great at a game.  To get the platinum trophy in Metal Gear Solid 2, you have to "love" the game.  If you don't "love" the game, you won't stick with it.

• Like 1