No Multiplayer?

Sir_Bee

I just read this review in progress from IGN: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/18/bioshock-infinite-review-in-progress

The biggest point that I take away from this, and it was something that I was not aware of and just assumed wouldn't happen, but there is no multiplayer.  That is great news, at least to me.  The multiplayer of 2 wasn't very good, and this means that they have focused more on the heart of the game rather then splitting focus and tacking on multiplayer just because.

I am now even more excited for this game :).

• Like 1

they announced months ago they wouldn't include MP in this one. glad this hasn't changed.

That may have been the case, but this was the first I had heard of it.  I was just excited enough about it to post it here.  There is the off chance that other people, like me, have not heard it yet and would be glad to know.

That may have been the case, but this was the first I had heard of it.  I was just excited enough about it to post it here.  There is the off chance that other people, like me, have not heard it yet and would be glad to know.

wasn't trying to come off rude. I just seen the ? in the title, and thought for a second they went back on their word and added it anyway. Maybe due to publisher pressure or something.

• Like 1

wasn't trying to come off rude. I just seen the ? in the title, and thought for a second they went back on their word and added it anyway. Maybe due to publisher pressure or something.

No worries, I didn't think you were being rude.  I was just clarifying my post.

I think I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Bioshock 2's multiplayer, but I'm also glad they've decided to stick with single player only in Infinite. Bioshock is meant to be a single player experience and the developers should put 100% of their focus onto that.

Parker

they prolly nixed it the same reason why DS3 backed it to co-op: they realised they arent expected to make MP games. they started a hit series off the use of no multiplayer, so adding it makes people feel it is a waste and takes from the main game..games like CoD and BF made their success through a mix so if they ditch MP, just see how fucked they become. People H-A-T-E new stuff these days, which also explains the 3s and 4s of series and not many new IPs it seems like

I'm extremely glad that this game was made Single Player. There is already a lot of MP FPS games and Bioshock was not meant to be one of them.

Irrational games are know for making a great shooter with a rich and addicting story. So I thank them for that.

In case people didn't know, Bioshock 2 was developed by 2K Marin.  Irrational Games (2K Boston) were the developers behind Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite.  The makers of the original Bioshock had nothing to do with Bioshock 2 and that's likely one reason it had multiplayer.

Edited by Highbird
  • Like 1

I know that I'm probably the only one who liked Bioshock 2's mp but not having it in this one means (hopefully) that all of the dlc is going to be great.  

Man, right now, all new content for Infinite is, to me, great content. Can't wait for a good reason to return to Columbia. But been playing through it like three times in just over one week now, so first I need some rehab..

Can it be that we get to see some MP as DLC?