Spring 2018 Backlog Challenge

My apologies for not completing the last two games in my list. I am too busy trying to platinum Ni no Kuni (the first game) because I'm streaming it on PS Now and my sub expires on April 4, so I want to utilize as much PS Now as I can before I go back to the inFAMOUS games I have. Don't worry, I am not dead. xD

New update:

1. Seasons after fall (PS4) - 0%

2. Late shift (PS4) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

3. Batman season 1(PS4) - 0% => 100%  :platinum:

4. Rime (PS4) - 0%

5. Planet of the eyes (PS4) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

6. Oxenfree (PS4) - 9% => 12%

7. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (PS4) - 0%

8. Lost Grimoires 2 (PS4) - 0% => 100%:platinum:

9. Hidden Agenda (PS4) - 0%

10. Burly Men at Sea (PSVita) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

Adding one more that I can play on my vita on the go:

11. Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (psvita) - 18%

Started it last night and it's kinda different but so far I am enjoying it.

Edited by colinmazzini

1. Ratchet and Clank >>> 100% :platinum:
  2. No Man's Sky >>> 43%
  3. Transistor >>> 35%
  4. Tearaway Unfolded - 5%
  5. Back to the Future: The Game >>> 100% :platinum:
  6. Laser Disco Defenders - 12% 
  7. Stories: Path of Destinies - 4%
  8. Hypervoid >>>14%
  9. Trine - 10%
  10. Color Guardians - 4%.

I'm going to be working on No Man's Sky and Hypervoid this weekend. I am kind of regretting No Man's Sky as a choice. I didn't realize it had patched in some extra trophies like unpaid DLC. I really don't like the game. Since those trophies involve restarting in different game modes that sound worse than the original mode to me, I doubt I'll want 100% on this. So I'm kind of already failing this event. Hyper Void is pretty weird, I don't like it much so far either. I was hoping it would be more like Resogun. I'm still really early in the game so it could grow on me after I figure it out more. I plan to do Transistor next week. I know I like that game and am looking forward to replaying it for the platinum. 

Edited by 2G53

Seigecraft commander 100%
Rime 100%
Claire extended cut 100%
Playroom VR 68%
Ni no kuni 2 23%
Far Cry 5 0% > 22%
Secret of Mana 21%
Blue reflection 15%
MGS 3 - 11%
Amnesia: Collection 1%

Far cry progress. I enjoy it but I don't think I'll hold onto it for DLC and FC3.

• Like 1

Update 8: Finally done with my PS3 games for this contest and just as March comes to a close. Hakuoki was a nice, relaxing game to play. I already got through Kyoto Winds (the PSVita port of the first half of the game) so I was aware of maybe half of the storyline, but seeing how the main story came to a close was nice. Although Hijikata is the main 'cannon' storyline, I liked Okita's route a bit better, it felt more 'real' in a sense. Still, an alright game with a LOT of text to read through.

PS3:

01. The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief 100%

02. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments 100%

03. Steins;Gate100%

04. Game of Thrones - Telltale series 0% --> 100%

05. Hakuoki - Stories of the Shinsengumi 100%

PSVita:

06. Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ (0%)

07. Norn9 Var Commons (0%)

PS4:

08. The Wolf Among Us (20%)

09. Tales from the Borderlands (0%)

10. Final Fantasy VII (20%)

• Like 3

On 3/18/2018 at 8:00 PM, The_Head_Crusher said:

1. Fallout 4 - 20% (21/85 0/0/1/20) --> 49% (47/85 0/0/5/42)

2. The Walking Dead Season 1 - 0% (0/49- 0/0/0/0)

3. The Walking Dead Season 2 - 0% (0/40 0/0/0/0)

4. The Walking Dead Season 3 New Frontier - 0% (0/31 0/0/0/0)

5. The Walking Dead Michonne - 0% (0/21 0/0/0/0)

6. Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 0% - (0/51 0/0/0/0) --> 64% (33/51 1/5/13/14) :platinum:

7. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 - 0% (0/31 0/0/0/0)

8. Back to the Future: The Game - 0% (0/60 0/0/0/0)

9. Wolf Among Us - 0% (0/36 0/0/0/0)

10. MLB 18 The Show - 0% (0/29 0/0/0/0) March 23 Release date

Total new trophies acquired: 59/412 (1/5/17/36) - 14.3% of my goal

Took a break from Fallout when a glitch made it so I couldn't continue the Far Harbor story mode and I had to go back to an old save over an hour and a half earlier.  So I started playing the Telltale Minecraft Story Mode Season 1. :platinum:'d it but there are still 3 chapter that must have been a DLC they added That I still need to complete.  Probably finish those over the next couple days.  I can't wait though til Thursday Night when MLB The Show is released.

1. Fallout 4 - 20% (21/85 0/0/1/20) --> 49% (47/85 0/0/5/42)

2. The Walking Dead Season 1 - 0% (0/49- 0/0/0/0)

3. The Walking Dead Season 2 - 0% (0/40 0/0/0/0)

4. The Walking Dead Season 3 New Frontier - 0% (0/31 0/0/0/0)

5. The Walking Dead Michonne - 0% (0/21 0/0/0/0)

6. Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 0% - (0/51 0/0/0/0) --> 100% (51/51 1/8/19/23) :platinum:

7. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 - 0% (0/31 0/0/0/0)

8. Back to the Future: The Game - 0% (0/60 0/0/0/0)

9. Wolf Among Us - 0% (0/36 0/0/0/0)

10. MLB 18 The Show - 0% (0/29 0/0/0/0) --> 40% (9/29 0/3/3/3)

Total new trophies acquired: 86/412 (1/11/26/48) - 20.9% of my goal

Started Spring Break last weekend, but I have been at the In-laws so I haven't been able to make any progress since Friday.  Started playing some DD in MLB 18 and Finished Season 1 of Minecraft Story Mode.

• Like 1

New update:

4. Rime (PS4) - 0%

6. Oxenfree (PS4) - 12% => 69%

10. Burly Men at Sea (PSVita) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

11. Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (psvita) - 18% => 57%

Made some good progress in both Oxenfree and Megatagmension. Should have them both done before March is over.

• Like 1

Update 6:

PS4: 

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - 10%

Counter spy 0% (It's not on backlog just yet but servers are closing soon so I want to get this out the way)

Walking Dead: Michonne 100%

Mouse Craft 100%

PS3:
Infamous 2 2% --> 8%

Lego Marvel 100% :platinum:

An unexpected update started playing some infamous the other day and got a couple of trophies while playing

• Like 1

Seigecraft commander 100%
Rime 100%
Claire extended cut 100%
Playroom VR 68%
Far Cry 5 22 % >58%
Ni no kuni 2 23%
Secret of Mana 21%
Blue reflection 15%
MGS 3 - 11%
Amnesia: Collection 1%

Farcry 5 playing nicely, the online (arcade) trophies were really tedious as the maps you need to win are not always the ones being played. Single player is a good experience, will try and wrap it up over the weekend then go back to Ni No Kuni and my other RPGs.

8 hours ago, Sir Eatsalot said:

This is a bit early, but I want to go ahead and announce it now. I've decided I will not be hosting a backlog challenge in the summer because I have a LOT going on. However, I do plan to retake the reins in the fall. So if you want to host it this summer, let me know!

I'd offer but i'll be in the final stages of my final year at university. I am not even sure I'll be able to participate as a player let alone do admin for trophy challenges. Thank you for all your hard work so far <3

• Like 1

I can chalk my participation in this event as a failure. I deleted inFAMOUS First Light off of my PS4 and dumped it in Purchase Purgatory so my list is incomplete. I will finish inFAMOUS Second Son because I hate to leave a game incomplete, but I'm not going back to it until unless I have nothing else and I won't be in that condition until May because I will be busy with 2G53's Spring Fling and I have Dark Cloud 2 and several other titles to go through.

I chose to fail in this event because I remembered how much I hate the inFAMOUS series - the unskippable cutscenes were just the tip of the iceberg. ? My apologies in advance.

14 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I can chalk my participation in this event as a failure. I deleted inFAMOUS First Light off of my PS4 and dumped it in Purchase Purgatory so my list is incomplete. I will finish inFAMOUS Second Son because I hate to leave a game incomplete, but I'm not going back to it until unless I have nothing else and I won't be in that condition until May because I will be busy with 2G53's Spring Fling and I have Dark Cloud 2 and several other titles to go through.

I chose to fail in this event because I remembered how much I hate the inFAMOUS series - the unskippable cutscenes were just the tip of the iceberg. 1f630.png My apologies in advance.

I liked Second Son quite a bit. Put some distance between the good and evil playthrus, but very much enjoyed my time with both. Also, have First Light and the original 2 in my backlog, which I understand are better due to more sympathetic main characters.

For my part, I finished Knack and am trying to motivate myself thru the next patch of games. Have two milestones looming: 3500th trophy and 100th plat and am struggling to line up worthwhile games. Just Cause 3 seems like a shoe-in, but the other game I had in mind may not pan out in time (Geometry Wars 3).

• Like 1

Please add me as a participant. I bought and never played so many PSVR games during all the sales so I was doing this anyway but didn't realize there was a community thread. I plan to do a lot more than just 20 titles (and I had to adjust my list, and remove some titles I also completed, per the rules on the first page) but here's what I'm starting with:

1. The Inpatient - :platinum:

2. Job Simulator - :platinum:

3. Surgeon Simulator - :platinum:

4. The American Dream - :platinum:

5. Sneaky Bears - 100% :gold:

6. The Lost Bear -100% :gold:

7. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin -100% :gold:

8. GNOG - 100% :gold:

9. Statik - 100% :gold:

10. Doom VFR - 100% :gold:

11. Theseus 

12. Robinson: The Journey

13. Dino Frontier

14. Hex Tunnel

15. The Invisible Hours

Next 5 (hopefully to finish before God of War):

1. Moss

2. Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier

3. Batman: The Enemy Within - (20%)

4. Guardians of the Galaxy - (20%)

5. A Boy and His Blob

Edited by EPICRAGE
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Sir Eatsalot said:

This is a bit early, but I want to go ahead and announce it now. I've decided I will not be hosting a backlog challenge in the summer because I have a LOT going on. However, I do plan to retake the reins in the fall. So if you want to host it this summer, let me know!

I'm already having trouble giving participating in this event enough attention. I would blow it if I tried. @colinmazzini looks like he's pretty active for this thread. Probably a good pick amd he volunteered.

Edited by 2G53

New update:

4. Rime (PS4) - 0%

6. Oxenfree (PS4) - 69% => 100% :platinum:

10. Burly Men at Sea (PSVita) - 0% => 100% :platinum:11.Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (psvita) - 57% => 100%  :platinum:

7 out of 11 games done in the first month. Pretty good start.

Edited by colinmazzini
  • Like 3

1. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - 1/51, 1% --> 10/51, 14%

2. Jetpack Joyride Deluxe (Vita) - 0/12, 0% --> 8/12, 52%

3. Destiny 2 - 1/14, 2%

4. Assassin's Creed Origins - 6/68, 6% --> 8/68, 9%

5. inFamous Second Son - 10/48, 14%

Got a few trophies since I signed up a few days ago (Oh btw @Sir Eatsalot I think you missed that post, it's on page 9! :) It wasn't an obvious sign-up post, I'm sorry! ). I hope someone takes up the summer-challenge, I'll have so much time to kill this summer :D. And probably beginning of the fall too :)

I'm really enjoying Ni No Kuni II, it's not what I expected at all (I was hoping for something more alike the first one), but as soon as I got over it and manged to get a few hours in to the game (around 10 at the moment) I'm having so much fun. I love the art-style.

Jetpack is a perfect game for me to play in the morning when I'm waiting for people to wake up, I realized I have to play the game every day to actually have the time to get one of the trophies, but I'm fine with that. I'm actually trying to get 100% for the PS4-version too at the same time, I started on it a while back but never finished, figured I could just do it now too :D

I'm enjoying Assassin's Creed Origins too, but I'm having trouble focusing on one thing, feels like I'm just running around exploring, but hey, I'm having fun! I'll probably start with Destiny 2 soon too, I like playing more than one game at a time. (Maybe you can tell, haha :D ).

Update 7:

PS4: 

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - 10%

Counter spy 0% (It's not on backlog just yet but servers are closing soon so I want to get this out the way)

Walking Dead: Michonne 100%

Mouse Craft 100%

PS3:
Infamous 2 8% --> 18%

Lego Marvel 100% :platinum:

Slowly making progress through Infamous 2 trophy list.

Update:

PS4

- Gravity Rush Remastered (0%)

- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (0%)

- Life is Strange (0%)

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance (0% => 100%) :platinum:

PS3

- Demon's Souls (2%)

I finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance and am hoping the finish Life is Strange in the next few days.

• Like 3

And I am officially have decided to quit the challenge. I do not intend to play the last two games on my list in any consistency(and have decided not to play inFAMOUS First Light after all), so I only finished three games on my list. Well, did get the other three plats. :(

I will at least finish the platinum for Second Son because I'm already in the hole and need to 100% it, but I don't find enough desire to play Fetch Walker despite liking her character. As for future Backlogs, well, I might try to do the Summer Backlog Challenge for 2018 depending on how much I have unfinished.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

I'm dropping out too. I didn't give my picks enough thought. I hated No Man's Sky too much. There is no way I'm going to force myself to 100% it. I think I will have problems with other choices, so I would rather withdraw now than stress out about it for the next two months.

Update for beginning of April.

1. Cat Quest - 0% --> 100% :platinum:

2. Journey  - 0% --> 100% :gold:

3. inFamous: Second Son - 7%

4, Oceanhorn - 0%

5. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - 0% --> 65%

6. Rime - 0% --> 11%

7. Counterspy - 0% --> 52%

8. Little Nightmares - 0%

9. Gone Home - 0% --> 100% :gold:

10. Unravel - 25%  --> 100% :platinum:

Stats at start of event: