Spring 2018 Backlog Challenge

58 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

If you don't mind some advice, why not make it a Spring-themed event. While April is the month of Easter, I don't think there are very many games involving eggs or cute little animals, so a more broad seasonal theme would be more appropriate. If you want, I could do some research for ideas. ;)

Glad you're joining this event. I hope you checked my post in your event.

You kind of nailed it. I'm going spring themed with the bonus game being loosely related to Easter. Probably can be as simple as a game with an interesting Easter egg. 

3 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm in! I run my own community events and I want to make sure I believe that I can complete everything I'm committing to. I'm trying to double up with my current event and predict what I will theme my April event around; so I can knock out two birds with one stone where I can. I'm also trying to avoid DLC games like you suggested since I don't want to purchase anything for the event. 

1. Ratchet and Clank - 21% 
  2. No Man's Sky - 1%
  3. Transistor - 1%
  4. Tearaway Unfolded - 5%
  5. Back to the Future: The Game - 15%
  6. Laser Disco Defenders - 12% 
  7. Stories: Path of Destinies - 4%
  8. Hypervoid - 4%
  9. Trine - 10%
  10. Color Guardians - 4%

Added now.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:45 PM, Jigglypuff said:

Just a reminder: the event starts March 1, but you can change your list until March 7 due to me starting the signups late.

I may take you up on that offer. Part of me is tempted to grab the basic vanilla FFXV which is on sale on PSN for $20 and I may want to platinum one of the easier games on my list now to get myself to my 40th platinum. (I'm on #39 and have not started it yet because I haven't even chosen it.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

5 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I may take you up on that offer. Part of me is tempted to grab the basic vanilla FFXV which is on sale on PSN for $20 and I may want to platinum one of the easier games on my list now to get myself to my 40th platinum. (I'm on #39 and have not started it yet because I haven't even chosen it.)

You have to 100% all of the games on your list to complete it, which includes DLC. 

I'll give this one more shot since I failed pretty badly the last two times I joined. This time, I'll only start with 5 and only pick games I have already started, and less games that require a lot of grinding trophies.

PS4

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (7%)

Final Fantasy VII (4%)

Vita

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (19%)

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (4%)

Still a lot of RPGs but nothing that should be an issue to complete this time.

I'll sign up again, had fun in the last one, even if I didn't get all my goals accomplished last round (picked alot of bigger and grindier games).  I am going to add more games, but easier ones this time so I can knock of more of the games off my list.

PS4

Fallout 4 - 19%

*The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 0%

*The Walking Dead: Season 2 - 0%

The Walking Dead: Michonne - 0%

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - 0%

Minecraft: Story Mode Season 1 - 0%

Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2

Back to the Future: The Game - 0%

Wolf Among Us - 0%

MLB 18 the Show - 0% (not out until March 27)

Depending on how much time is left I will look at trying to add a third non Telltale game, but these ones will clear out alot of my backlog.

*indicates games I have the platinum for on the PS3.

7 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

I'll give this one more shot since I failed pretty badly the last two times I joined. This time, I'll only start with 5 and only pick games I have already started, and less games that require a lot of grinding trophies.

PS4

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (7%)

Final Fantasy VII (4%)

Vita

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (19%)

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (4%)

Still a lot of RPGs but nothing that should be an issue to complete this time.

27 minutes ago, The_Head_Crusher said:

I'll sign up again, had fun in the last one, even if I didn't get all my goals accomplished last round (picked alot of bigger and grindier games).  I am going to add more games, but easier ones this time so I can knock of more of the games off my list.

PS4

Fallout 4 - 19%

*The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 0%

*The Walking Dead: Season 2 - 0%

The Walking Dead: Michonne - 0%

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - 0%

Minecraft: Story Mode Season 1 - 0%

Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2

Back to the Future: The Game - 0%

Wolf Among Us - 0%

MLB 18 the Show - 0% (not out until March 27)

Depending on how much time is left I will look at trying to add a third non Telltale game, but these ones will clear out alot of my backlog.

*indicates games I have the platinum for on the PS3.

Added. Also @Arctic Cress and anyone else, I put your PSN names on the list since forum names can change.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:03 PM, Kent10201 said:

You have to 100% all of the games on your list to complete it, which includes DLC. 

Yikes. Good thing I forgot to buy it then before the sale ended. I hope it goes on sale again because I might go for the platinum, since there are a ton of guides for trophies. The DLC for FFXV is really brutal, or so I heard.

Okay, so I decide to revamp my list and cut down on stuff so I had some options for my 39th Platinum. Decided to go back to just 5 games and add on if I had time since the backlog I have is from other accounts. Some of the games on my other accounts are dead-space(IOW, I am not ever going to touch them and wish I could delete them from my PS4 but I can't without deleting the accounts and any good games on it) but there are some good titles I want to try again.

Therefore, here is my new list:

S863085.png 

I know I can probably win every battle with the Broken Dagger glitch and get through the boss fights.

S549d41.png

I actually bought this game during the last Flash Sale in order to commit to playing it. I heard it wasn't too difficult to platinum except for the arenas.

S5915a0.png

I got the platinum for this on three accounts so I don't think I need to worry about this game.

S0f0efa.png

I've platinumed this game (on other accounts). Other than the fact that walking is slow as molasses in outdoor Antarctica and it's easy to miss collectibles, this is a rather quick platinum. I have a video guide for it.

Sbf206e.png

I bought this a few months ago on PSN and got the deluxe edition with all of the DLC so it's no problem to platinum. There are a few collectibles at the last level that really bother me but other than that, this should not take anything more than a lot of time. Since I plan on renting LEGO Marvel Superheroes and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 to platinum those, might as well get this out of the way. Also, I have gotten the platinum for this on a couple of other accounts. Yes, I know I am sounding like a broken record. :P

For those with text browsers, here is the list in text:

• Dark Cloud
  • inFAMOUS First Light
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers
Edited by CJ_Mystery

15 hours ago, PermaFox said:

The last event was so much fun, how about putting me down for this one?

Rime 1%

Book of Unwritten Tales 2 10%

FEZ 19%

Seasons after Fall 0%

Song of the Deep 0%

8 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I am working on a few longer games but I can put them in hold to work on this as well. Hmm a few titles I am thinking of for now.

Grim Fandango : 20%

Abzu : 20%

The Wolf Among Us : 6%

Final Fantasy Type Zero : 5%

Among the Sleep : 0%

I may add more later. 

Added. Good luck to you!

On 18-2-2018 at 2:15 PM, Fanatixa1 said:

I'd like to join the challenge! This is my list:

PS4:

Bully: 10%

Nier Automata: 0%

Child of Light: 14%

Shadow of the Colossos: 1%

PS3:

Ratchet & Clank a crack in time: 0%

Vita:

Steins;Gate 0%

Hey Jiggly, can you add me to the challenge? I posted earlier, but maybe you didn’t see it :) 

Alright... I'll bite. Backlog is kind of monumental at this time and it would be cool to attempt some sort of specific goal.

My initial 13 for now, may change with the announcement of PS+ for March or other whim. All at 0% unless stated.

Saints Row The Third (+all DLC) - 10%

Knack

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Guacamelee (+all DLC)

Just Cause 3 (+all DLC) - 5%

The Raven

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Enigmatis

XBlaze Code: Embryo

Zotrix

Back to the Future (Plat)

Rime

Ginger

This list should cut my unearned trophies down below 130.  I will also have to sidepiece an ineligible game for my 100th platinum, I hope that is not an issue.

21 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Alright... I'll bite. Backlog is kind of monumental at this time and it would be cool to attempt some sort of specific goal.

My initial 13 for now, may change with the announcement of PS+ for March or other whim. All at 0% unless stated.

Saints Row The Third (+all DLC) - 10%

Knack

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Guacamelee (+all DLC)

Just Cause 3 (+all DLC) - 5%

The Raven

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Enigmatis

XBlaze Code: Embryo

Zotrix

Back to the Future (Plat)

Rime

Ginger

This list should cut my unearned trophies down below 130.  I will also have to sidepiece an ineligible game for my 100th platinum, I hope that is not an issue.

Added.

I'd like to join as well.  I think it's been a while.

1. Batman (0%)
  2. Psycho-Pass (0%)
  3. Time & Eternity (12%)
  4. Dragon Quest Builders (3%)
  5. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (11%)
  6. Oxenfree (0%)
  7. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 (0%)
  8. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultimate Despair Girls (0%)
  9. Child of Light PS4 (0%)
  10. Steins;Gate 0 (0%)
  • Like 1