Spring 2018 Backlog Challenge

To @MidnightDragon: I noticed you have Monster Hunter World on your list. I am not trying to sound discouraging, but honestly the chances of you getting the platinum on that in two months is extremely bad. I hope you know what you are doing. Monster Hunter World is supposed to be really random, and getting all of the Giant and Miniature Crowns you need for the plat will take a lot of good luck and hope that the drops come all of the time after hours of grinding.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

3 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

To @MidnightDragon: I noticed you have Monster Hunter World on your list. I am not trying to sound discouraging, but honestly the chances of you getting the platinum on that in two months is extremely bad. I hope you know what you are doing. Monster Hunter World is supposed to be really random, and getting all of the Giant and Miniature Crowns you need for the plat will take a lot of good luck and hope that the drops come all of the time after hours of grinding.

All the top 50 platinum times are less than one month, so it's definitely possible to platinum it within two months

• Like 2

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

All the top 50 platinum times are less than one month, so it's definitely possible to platinum it within two months

Okay, but I don't think I could ever earn top 50 in platinuming any game fast, I know I couldn't or wouldn't try to get the platinum in that game in a month as it's so immersive. xD

15 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay, but I don't think I could ever earn top 50 in platinuming any game fast, I know I couldn't or wouldn't try to get the platinum in that game in a month as it's so immersive. xD

But you're not the one going for the plat :P. There's some really good guides now and events quests that have high chances of giving crowns so it is more than doable in two months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :P 

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

And several of them were before the crown events started.

51 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

But you're not the one going for the plat :P. There's some really good guides now and events quests that have high chances of giving crowns so it is more than doable in two months.

Well, if I fail, it won't be from lack of trying. :P My plan is to go for the crowns mostly after I finish the main story. Of course, if an event pops up before that that makes it easier for me, all the better.

Edited by MidnightDragon

Update 3: The second game on my list has officially been beaten. I found it more enjoyable than The Raven, if at the same time, more bland and easier to get through.  Looking forward to starting SteinsGate in the morning though.

PS3:

01. The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief 100% 1S00fd2f.png

02. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments 4% --> 100%1S238f94.png

03. SteinsGate 0%

04. Game of Thrones - Telltale series (0%)

05. Hakuoki - Stories of the Shinsengumi (0%)

PSVita:

06. Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ (0%)

07. Norn9 Var Commons (0%)

PS4:

08. The Wolf Among Us (20%)

09. Tales from the Borderlands (0%)

10. Final Fantasy VII (20%)

• Like 4

My playtime wasn't much the last two weeks thanks to my wife's birthday and a friend visiting, but I did manage to bring Darksiders: Warmastered Edition up to 20% complete! 

Which isn't much, but that represents about two hours of playtime, so I'll take it! 

I made the choice to just do one playthrough on "Normal" first before attacking the "APOCALYPSE" difficulty. Probably adds to the time it'll take but worth it in less overall frustration. 

Current Progress:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 12% => 25%

Dark Cloud: 42%

inFAMOUS Second Son: 17%

inFAMOUS First Light: 0%

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: 100% :platinum:

Banner: "Natasha."

Black Widow: "I don't suppose you have a key on you."

Banner: (reveals a giant key) "Actually, I do." (smashes the lock off of the cell door)

xD

(Also, having seen the original Age of Ultron movie, seeing Thanos retrieve his Infinity Gauntlet from the clothes dryer after the credits was silly... and then the game put me into Free Play controlling Cassie Lang and her bunny doll. xD:D)

So I finished up Story Mode on LEGO Marvel's Avengers and decided to just get some more trophies since I finished up my KYC title early(woke up at 7 expecting a dentist appointment and blissfully disappointed) so I just decided to get as close I could to the platinum without doing free play and saving free play for the next three sessions so I could get the platinum ASAP and get the stud multiplier red bricks since I didn't need to get a lot of studs in free roam. I might get off for another session of Tokotoko grinding in NNK before I come back and just get the damn plat since I need to 100% the Free Play to get the red bricks to multiply my studs. I got the two custom character trophies(for making a custom character and playing as one wielding Mjolnir) and cleared out the S.H.I.E.L.D. Base hub 100% and completed one DLC episode(the Black Panther one, since, you know, they came out with a movie on the Black Panther).

Didn't want to finish my list too soon or I'd have to add another game to the list. Not that I would mind but the road to failure is paved with good intentions and adding a ton of games after you finished your first list sets you up to fail. Also, I didn't want to plat all of my games at once. ;)

17 minutes ago, Dog_of_Thunder said:

I made the choice to just do one playthrough on "Normal" first before attacking the "APOCALYPSE" difficulty. Probably adds to the time it'll take but worth it in less overall frustration. 

Good call. When I platinum my Kingdom Hearts games, I will do the hardest difficulty first to get the difficulty trophies out of the pool, then restart the whole story on Beginner mode to make fighting the secret bosses a bit easier.

Current Progress:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 25% => 38%

And I'm done for today. :(

I completely forgot that this LEGO game requires you to go through the entire level from start to finish to claim the minikit trophies, you can't just collect all of the minikits and save and exit, you have to play through the entire level again. F*** those jerks. ?

I managed to clear out 100% in three hub worlds(SHIELD Base, South Africa and Barton's Farm) as well as get 100% in the Helicarrier and get most of the miscellaneous DLC trophies, but I just got tired and wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon doing something else. *sigh* I forgot LEGO games were a collector's nightmare. At least I got over double the percentage of trophies for LEGO Marvel's Avengers. I'm going to cleanse myself with a nice three hour grind of Tokotokos.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Thursday Update... just cause

1. Cat Quest - 0% --> 8%

2. Journey  - 0% --> 14%

3. inFamous: Second Son - 7%

4, Oceanhorn - 0%

5. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - 0%

6. Rime - 0%

7. Counterspy - 0%

8. Little Nightmares - 0%

9. Gone Home - 0% --> 100% :gold:

10. Unravel - 25%  --> 100% :platinum:

Stats at start of event:

Platinums: 21  --> 22

100% games: 31  --> 33

Completion rate: 49.86% --> 50.82%

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 1

Current Progress:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 38% => 57%

Unfortunately, there was no trophy progress in Dark Cloud, so I decided to move forward with the LEGO game. I accidentally lied about my story progress: I forgot that there were three mini-episodes between the Avengers and Age of Ultron episodes so there were the usual 15 story levels so I had to complete those three levels. My bad. :(

Even with that, I burned the midnight oil and got some more stuff done.

Update 4: Took an unintended day break (life happened) and jumped into Steins;Gate last night. It really is kinda enjoyable even if by Chapter 2 the whole storyline doesn't seem to be taking shape yet. But the characters already are likeable...except the protagonist (evil genius my arse).

PS3:

01. The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief 100% 1S00fd2f.png

02. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments 100%1S238f94.png

03. Steins;Gate 0% --> 17%

04. Game of Thrones - Telltale series (0%)

05. Hakuoki - Stories of the Shinsengumi (0%)

PSVita:

06. Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ (0%)

07. Norn9 Var Commons (0%)

PS4:

08. The Wolf Among Us (20%)

09. Tales from the Borderlands (0%)

10. Final Fantasy VII (20%)

I know I'm late for this but can I still enter? Here are my 5

PS4:

1) Dark Cloud: 46%

2) Life is Strange: 7%

3) Valkyria Chronicles: 0%

4) Yooka - Laylee: 24%

PSVita:

5) Root Letter: 1%

Edited by dude_zavala
Forgot to add %'s

7 minutes ago, dude_zavala said:

I know I'm late for this but can I still enter? Here are my 5

PS4:

1) Dark Cloud: 46%

2) Life is Strange: 7%

3) Valkyria Chronicles: 0%

4) Yooka - Laylee: 24%

PSVita:

5) Root Letter: 1%

Dark Cloud is too high. It has to be 20% or under since Yooka-Laylee is 24%. Change it and I'll add you.

5 minutes ago, Meta Knight said:

Dark Cloud is too high. It has to be 20% or under since Yooka-Laylee is 24%. Change it and I'll add you.

Can I add Final Fantasy VII PS4 instead of Dark Cloud? Have it at 2%

Edited by dude_zavala
Didn't list console

7 hours ago, Meta Knight said:

But I just... oh, you were talking about someone else. Sorry. :P

Current Progress:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 57% => 77%

Just a temp update for now. I am going to try to plat this by staying up all night. I've 100% on most of the Free Play and got all of the collectibles save the Stan Lees in Manhattan. I have 100% in all of the other hub worlds and 100% in half of the DLC levels(after the game crashed halfway through the Dr. Strange one :(), but otherwise I am doing well. I skipped playing inFAMOUS Second Son today but will make it up tomorrow because tomorrow would have been my LEGO day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Current Progress:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 77% => ? :platinum:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: ? :platinum:

The only reason I didn't stay up all night to get the last few levels for 100% was because the game pulled a nasty trick - in Level 12, Anger Management, they show Stan Lee playing the piano in Black Widow's dream and I though that was the Stan Lee in peril but he didn't do his spiel when I destroyed the piano to save him. I thought he was glitched and quit and restarted the game.

Turned out the real Stan Lee in Peril was in the next dream sequence. OOPS! ? If I hadn't checked another guide, I would have been frustrated and abandoned the game out of despair thinking it was bugged beyond repair. :P Also, I forgot about the last trophy being popped after you use the stud fountain in Stark's tower and I thought the 100% trophy popped after you got 100%. Good thing too because I forgot to buy the rest of the vehicles and the only blue station(which is the only place to buy land vehicles) was difficult to find. The rest of the stations were red(which you use to buy air vehicles).

Nevertheless, I was glad as heck to see that stud fountain erupt, because that ended the LEGO rush and that made another game "Struck off the List"(level name in the game, rimshot). Instant delete.

The worst part was the fact that several of the final story level collectibles were on a time limit and it was impossible to get them all before the limit expired and the level went into the endgame cutscenes, forcing me to replay that part multiple times to get everything. This has soured my desire for LEGO games since. (Though I may try to get LEGO Harry Potter done.)

Gonna take a break today and put off inFAMOUS Second Son until Monday(I won't play it on Sunday because I am a Catholic and the thought of killing innocents would hurt my rep with my deity), will probably work on getting closer to the Dark Cloud platinum.

• Like 2