Yeah... About THAT trophy...

vovanoginsk

I hate myself for not getting the platinum a long, long time ago. Damn, I still remember how I used to play this multiplayer with my friend, and I think it was my old account even. It was so fun. Then we got to Killzone 3, which was a LOT easier and I got all online trophies without even caring about them, I was just enjoying myself, man.

Now everyone got like this fever about the servers going down and it seems to me that it's almost impossible to get this trophy. Especially for someone with mediocre skills, like myself.  I really wanted to try, but all of this is so confusing! Who even came up with this trophy idea?! I just don't like it that you have to dedicate SO much time in ONE single game for a whole week (I love to switch games when I'm bored) and that everything you did in that period can go down the drain because of pure luck of somebody else (or your own unluckiness).

I'm not sure if I'm ready, but I dare to try it sometime. I'm still very doubtful about this. Should I pass on this one, anon? Is it possible to make it without boosting? How many players will get this trophy? Thank you.

Edited by vovanoginsk

Well, I think it's possible. If you are willing to spend quite literally everyday for 1(sometimes 2 weeks) straight playing and getting points.

1 hour ago, vovanoginsk said:

I love to switch games when I'm bored

In your case that ofc. would be a nightmare (totally get it).

It's interesting because Valor Grand Cross has changed over the time.

Originally it was about playing the game. You couldn't really boost too much as the mods would ban you from the game, and from PSN as well. Of course the servers actually counted all points gained, there were more players, and you could see rankings in real time so you didn't have to guess.

Then some time after KZ3 launched, the trophy became boostable with not too much effort. But as usual, most people didn't care too much about the trophy, as it wasn't going anywhere. So a lot of people got it over the past five or so years, but most people didn't.

Then they announced the server shutdowns and the trophy suddenly became limited goods. So now the scarcity is driving up the competition to the point where the amount of points required to boost is even 10 times higher than it was if you did it over the past few years.

Obviously whether you want to go for the trophy or not depends on how highly you value such things in relation to your time. Varies by individual obviously.

27 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Originally it was about playing the game. You couldn't really boost too much as the mods would ban you from the game, and from PSN as well. Of course the servers actually counted all points gained, there were more players, and you could see rankings in real time so you didn't have to guess.

Then some time after KZ3 launched, the trophy became boostable with not too much effort. But as usual, most people didn't care too much about the trophy, as it wasn't going anywhere. So a lot of people got it over the past five or so years, but most people didn't.

Then they announced the server shutdowns and the trophy suddenly became limited goods. So now the scarcity is driving up the competition to the point where the amount of points required to boost is even 10 times higher than it was if you did it over the past few years.

Obviously whether you want to go for the trophy or not depends on how highly you value such things in relation to your time. Varies by individual obviously.

This, 100% this. 

KZ2 was one of my first games played. Didn't care much about completion, wasn't good enough to get it legit, and really didn't enjoy MP much anyway.

So it went on the back burner. I did buy the Trilogy a year ago, with the plans to clean up the DLC and plan a week to boost this. Still didn't get around to it. 5k would have been enough at that point. Probably a day of boosting, tops.

Now you are looking at upwards of 50 hours in 1 week.

The top of he board is insane. I think the cut off this week was >40k.

Now, it does drop off quickly after the top 50. I was just over 100 (got the top 10% trophy) with just ove 1000 points.

So, realistically, no, the trophy isn't possible unless you have multiple PS3's (probably need 4 minimum), and 8-10 hours a day for 7 straight days. Or you have multiple friends who will boost this on your account.

And to do this in legit matches? Not a chance

I miss this game so much, it's been years since i got the platinum for it. Although i don't miss the bit on elite difficulty where you had to guard the palace. Helghast coming at you from all sides, bullets flying in every fucking direction. You had to know when and where they were coming from. It still gives me the chills to this day. The laughs i used to have on the MP with the proximity mines was a different story though. I always planted the mines at the top of the stairs close to the ISA camp, the poor fuckers fell for it everytime, In the end up i was reported for spamming :giggle: no harm done though. I wonder did they ever get the sand outta their vaginas. Fun times. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Pretty much, and from reading about how bad it is now, I actually remember a time when I went for this on a whim and thought i had it rough figuring the userbase was dwindling down, leaving only the top few hundred players with a shot at the weekly rankings, and mods were crazy (and fast) about banning and/or warning boosters pretty much 24 hours a day so all the trophies I did in this game had to be 100% legit.

Reading about what you guys are going through now, I'd almost just say some things in life, including your 100% profile, are just not worth your time and effort. The amount of points it took me to get Valor Grand Cross was a mere fraction of what it takes right now from what I'm reading on here, and the amount of players was at least somewhat doable. I remember actually being able to spend the night before the cutoff when I had actually not planned on it getting it that week (I had initially planned on just spending one week grinding ribbons, and the next on weekly rankings), landing in a match where I was absolutely on fire and racking up the points, and literally spending like a ton of hours in the lobby itself and getting a bulk of my points needed for the trophy literally a couple of hours before servers reset.

Easily the most satisfying platinum I have in my trophy cabinet, but I would never think to do this today with everything i'm reading on here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

A very important tip for games with multiplayer trophies - get the multiplayer trophies done as soon as possible, otherwise it's just gonna be a whole lot harder later down the line!

One my friend, before he goes to army for a year, just boost many online trophies for sure as possible :D