Insanity Question, spoilers

Elvick_

I'm about half way through the main story, and am wondering if I should bother to get allies or not for the final section of the game. Is it a noticeable difference in difficulty or not? I haven't had too many problems so far staying alive, but that final 'boss' part of the game was a major, tedious experience on normal. I don't even know if allies matter for that specific part. I don't care about story implications since I already did everything normally, this is a second playthrough.

Should I just do something like get all the arcs? Already got one of them, which only leaves one optional one left anyway [Asari]. Or should I just plow through the main quest?

36 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm about half way through the main story, and am wondering if I should bother to get allies or not for the final section of the game. Is it a noticeable difference in difficulty or not? I haven't had too many problems so far staying alive, but that final 'boss' part of the game was a major, tedious experience on normal. I don't even know if allies matter for that specific part. I don't care about story implications since I already did everything normally, this is a second playthrough.

Should I just do something like get all the arcs? Already got one of them, which only leaves one optional one left anyway [Asari]. Or should I just plow through the main quest?

I kinda just did the main quest line in a mad dash for the end if u have good weapons and such and u have the right skill set up I'll be ok it's not what I'd call easy but it is extremely doable there's a set up I used  I don't remember it exactly but ur ammo replaces itself by sacrificing done hp so u have infinit ammo and your health gets replaced by I think successful kills or something so if u can find that set up u'll do fine just use cover and get the bot summoning powers so they help out and u'll do fine just running to the end where u can just run thtough rooms for it no need to fight everyone

12 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Your best bet is to just do the main missions since your allies don't really come into play until the last part of the fight, so you still need to do the majority of it yourself with your squad. The fight itself is a bit of a pain, but not as bad as some of the stuff you need to do earlier in the game, so that's somewhat positive. I'd suggest using the invisibility cloak to get revives on your squadmates whenever they go down, and use cover extensively along with invisibility to run from point to point. Make sure you have good weapons since there will obviously be a lot of enemies to shoot.

It took me a few tries but once you figure out which enemies spawn at which point it's not so bad. Still a bit of a pain in the ass though.

On the positive side of things, if you're doing the Platinum in a single playthrough you can drop the difficulty down to Easy as soon as you're finished the final main mission.

23 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I understand you are on a NG+ playthrough right now.

I haven't bothered on mine to go for any sidequests whatsoever, I concentrated only on the main quests.

I haven't suffered from the lack of allies at the "boss fight" cause I had a strong build for my playstyle.

My build:

Invisible cloak /  drone or turret / concussion abilities with an infiltrator profile (asarie armor gives you the upper hand with this build). 

Two arms equipped (assault and sniper rifle)

The cloak allows you to evade and revive allies / the drone attracks the attention away from you plus it primes ennemies so your concussion shots hits wayyy harder.

Especially on the boss fight, the cloak ability will come real handy waiting for the bridges...

Thanks everybody.

29 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

I understand you are on a NG+ playthrough right now.

I haven't bothered on mine to go for any sidequests whatsoever, I concentrated only on the main quests.

I haven't suffered from the lack of allies at the "boss fight" cause I had a strong build for my playstyle.

My build:

Invisible cloak /  drone or turret / concussion abilities with an infiltrator profile (asarie armor gives you the upper hand with this build). 

Two arms equipped (assault and sniper rifle)

The cloak allows you to evade and revive allies / the drone attracks the attention away from you plus it primes ennemies so your concussion shots hits wayyy harder.

Especially on the boss fight, the cloak ability will come real handy waiting for the bridges...

I just used Angara armor, worked fine for me. Plus I liked how it looked. I had full weapons [4] so didn't have to pick. The only weapon that I actually had that did any good damage was some Kett shotgun with like a ball that shot out of it. Everything else, even my sniper, was terrible with damage. Even though they were all 8s in the end. :/ And I prioritized weapons with high damage. xP

But yeah. I used cloak and used Zap [the Observer] once I got it, almost my entire first playthrough, except while going for annoying kill trophies, and the entire time the second. It wasn't too bad. I think I only died once or twice, and both times were instakill grabs which was fun. I feel like it would be hard the first playthrough, but on NG+ it didn't really challenge me that much. Had a harder time with Deadpool NG+. I switched to the turret after somebody mentioned it away from concussion blast I think it's called. Which while useful, wasn't that great even when priming.  And usually Zap or the other AI would do it before my shot hit anyway. My shotgun did more damage than primed attacks anyway.

And saved the Krogans just so I didn't have to fight the exhaulted ones since they're annoying. Now to wait out the tedious Apex missions.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

If you are starting from lvl 1, Insanity gets easier and easier as you go on as you get stronger as you level. You will have access to more active skills and passive skill bonsues and the equipment and mods will level up as well. I made the mistake of just using found gear for awhile before messing with crafting. At the very least you should craft a piece of chest armor that compliments your build and stuff it full of kinetic coil augments. Each one adds +5 to damage resistance, which if you put coils in all 4 slots will reduce all damage taken by 17%. Chest armor is the only armor that can be augmented with kinetic coils. When you level up enough to gain access to the next research tier, deconstruct the chest armor and you will get some of the materials and all of the kinetic coils back in order to craft the next level of the armor. I chose the maverick chest as it has bonuses to weapon damage, weak point damage, and extra ammo. You also don't have to spend any milky way research data as the next level of the armor automatically appears in Development when you meet the level requirement.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2