Trophy discussion.

Vergil

Yeah, I played these on Steam on my old account (talkin' years) and - whew - earned 'bout half the achievements, tops.

Have played more shmups since then so perhaps improvement?

If trophies directly parallel the achievements, which they...should, then hold on, ladies and gents: gonna get crazy.

I do spot a Betelgeuse trophy for the record: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7185-gundemoniums/24-betelgeuse

I'll keep my eye on this release, in any event. As three of the first shmups I ever completed, I oughta revisit 'em sometime, for the right price.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Larx said:

Yeah, I played these on Steam on my old account (talkin' years) and - whew - earned 'bout half the achievements, tops.

Have played more shmups since then so perhaps improvement?

If trophies directly parallel the achievements, which they...should, then hold on, ladies and gents: gonna get crazy.

I do spot a Betelgeuse trophy for the record: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7185-gundemoniums/24-betelgeuse

I'll keep my eye on this release, in any event. As three of the first shmups I ever completed, I oughta revisit 'em sometime, for the right price.

Hmm. How did i miss that lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Hmm, game looks interesting but might be pretty hardcore.

I've done a little research and it seems that this game will be released on 2018/02/01 and that there will be a physical release for PS4 and Vita - at least in Japan.

https://www.play-asia.com/search/gundemoniums

Thanks for the research, I'm really looking forward to this.

So this is only from gundemonium and not the gundeagline or hitogata happa series. 

Gonna be awesome! If play-asias text i true, we will have new system and modes and whatnot in it. Yes looks like all the original trophies are in there, but many of the new ones are just boss kills tbh.

Not sure about the last gold one though. Betel will be the worst one yet I would think ;p

For an easier understanding of each trophy, just look at the steam ones. Only Polaris is missing from the playstation list which is holiday event one. https://steamcommunity.com/stats/GundemoniumRecollection/achievements/

As you also see the last gold one is missing so im excited to see what it is! But it could be the Solaris achievement from the steam page, as Solaris on the list here is the platinum trophy. So the last gold might be to complete all 32 play orders. Hope the game releases here in EU psn store same time as japan!

And lets not hope its physical only... Or multiple lists haha!

Edited by Cissa90
Adding info

3 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I wish I was good at this game.  I struggle hardcore with Gundemonium (and Gne for that matter).

Well the old ones are all scripted to be identical each time, so it is possible to learn where all spawn, when bosses do what and so on. So you could record controller movements for each level amd have it identical.

But maybe they upped their game in this version. I sure want a physical copy though.

Another great news is that the game is crossbuy digitally, their page says, and price 1500 yen.

Edited by Cissa90
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cissa90 said:

Well the old ones are all scripted to be identical each time, so it is possible to learn where all spawn, when bosses do what and so on. So you could record controller movements for each level amd have it identical.

But maybe they upped their game in this version. I sure want a physical copy though.

Another great news is that the game is crossbuy digitally, their page says, and price 1500 yen.

Yes, I know.  My trouble mostly lies with the hit box on the characters.  It's like a mind game to me since the characters are huge but the hit box is so small lol I'm pathetic...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ShadyMan8903 said:

Not that long. 2 people already got the plat. 

Does anyone know when/if we are getting a Western release for this?

Figured someone would plat it since i jinxed it.

No clue if we are gonna get it. We might but not so sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Can also say that you dont need a high phase level this time to encounter Betelguese :) Check on Live from PS and you'll see plenty of people getting the trophy playing on normal even at Phase level 5 (as its the minimum it can reach). Before you needed at least 9-11 (11 being highest) as in play on hard, or play demonic to be guaranteed as long as you meet the phase break requirements. All in all, hardest trophy this time around will be finishing on Demonic difficulty imo.

• 9 months later...

As much as I love shmups, I can never "git gud" at them. Hell I can't even beat the second easiest difficulty (which I think is Normal) without losing all of my lives.

I think I only need about 3 trophies from the PS3 version before I can 100%, and I know that 2 are related to the difficulty, and one of them is related to the Betelgeuse trophy (defeating Elixirel Daath, the true end boss).

7 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

I’m definitely buying this. But I wonder if someone could confirm wether or not the PS3 trilogy are still downloadable if you have bought them previously, sine they have all been discontinued from the ps store.

ye, you can always download something you’ve purchased regardless of whether it’s been delisted or not

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...