I hate everything about the online component of this right now.

Crzy Minus

Yesterday was my chance to get the diamond cup in one of the daily challenges, but then some french a**hole took it. Ended up in second place. Would've had it if 200 players got in but only 147 did the challenge.

I checked his profile and he has over 800 diamond cups. I shouldn't be this upset since this should not come as a surprise, but I am very upset.

Been checking for the bugged murphy challenge daily since October, there have been none so far. I'm also very close from getting the Aweso me trophy.

Just thinking about it bugs me even more.

November 2020 Edit: Damn, looking back to this thread years later now I can see how pissed I was lol

Anyway I got the platinum now btw and got it without taking the glitched challenge, sessions of tough practice really did pay off in the end.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 3

You will get it eventually. Forget about the glitched Murphy Challenge. There hasn't been one since June 2017 I think. I and other people I know got it on the weekly Neverending pit (As far as you can) challenge. It is by far the easiest of all since obstacles are so repetitive and if you reach the 5.000km/ 7.000km mark (depending on the week), the diamond is yours. Good luck.

I got the trophy done with primarily silver trophies for the online challenges - it’s doable. 

To be honest, I found that spending 2-3 minutes each day for quite a few months was far less frustrating than spending a half-hour to an hour trying to get gold or diamond.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I got the trophy done with primarily silver trophies for the online challenges - it’s doable. 

To be honest, I found that spending 2-3 minutes each day for quite a few months was far less frustrating than spending a half-hour to an hour trying to get gold or diamond.

Ehm, for the PS4 Version you need at least 1 gold but for the Vita version you also need one Diamond Cup...

I also don't agree on the 2nd part. I spent 1h for my first Diamond Cup and mastered one trial. I could get a diamond cup after that with 1-3 tries cause most of the challenges are pretty similar.

Edited by Kuro-Okami

9 minutes ago, Kuro-Okami said:

Ehm, for the PS4 Version you need at least 1 gold but for the Vita version you also need one Diamond Cup...

I also don't agree on the 2nd part. I spent 1h for my first Diamond Cup and mastered one trial. I could get a diamond cup after that with 1-3 tries cause most of the challenges are pretty similar.

Ah, bummer. I was on ps3, didn’t realise the requirements were different 

As long as this isn't the Via version that requires a diamond cup, then you'll do just fine. Personally, I got mostly gold on all the challenges every day and week. Got some few diamonds too, but you could count them on one hand. Honestly didn't make that big difference. When I played, gold wasn't all that hard to get though. Required some serious effort and learning how to take full advantage of the gameplay, but rarely ever struggled to get gold.

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

As long as this isn't the Via version that requires a diamond cup, then you'll do just fine. Personally, I got mostly gold on all the challenges every day and week. Got some few diamonds too, but you could count them on one hand. Honestly didn't make that big difference. When I played, gold wasn't all that hard to get though. Required some serious effort and learning how to take full advantage of the gameplay, but rarely ever struggled to get gold.

I am talking about the Vita version.

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I really think they should call it a day and disable the online. 

The problem is: If they disable online, will the Champion trophy be even obtainable anymore?

Edited by Crzy Minus

Just now, Crzy Minus said:

I am talking about the Vita version.

The problem is: If they disable online, will the Champion trophy be even obtainable anymore?

No, but I mean before anyone else gets their hopes up about this platinum. The online is basically dead. Or it's a great way to assemble all the players that still have the game for one last hurrah.

I gave up on getting a diamond cup long, long ago, couldn’t be bothered playing everyday to get the awesomeness trophy either so this is one platinum that’s has stalled for me

Shame as the rest of the game/trophies were really fun but I wasn’t enjoying the online component so it was time for me to move on

I hope you manage to get this one at some point

30 minutes ago, savageamusement said:

I gave up on getting a diamond cup long, long ago, couldn’t be bothered playing everyday to get the awesomeness trophy either so this is one platinum that’s has stalled for me

Shame as the rest of the game/trophies were really fun but I wasn’t enjoying the online component so it was time for me to move on

I hope you manage to get this one at some point

Online was fine IMO, but Diamond Cup required for the Vita version was kinda a bit over the top. What you gotta do for the Diamond Cup is just wait until there's a day when one of the challenges are broken and everyone can easily get the max score.

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

What you gotta do for the Diamond Cup is just wait until there's a day when one of the challenges are broken and everyone can easily get the max score.

I do have the plat on PS4 but reading here that you need a diamond cup for the Vita is kind of shocking to me! I never managed to get a diamond, only got close once and I always wondered how it would even be possible. I assume there are less players in the Vita version which drops the average? How does a broken challange look like? 

45 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I do have the plat on PS4 but reading here that you need a diamond cup for the Vita is kind of shocking to me! I never managed to get a diamond, only got close once and I always wondered how it would even be possible. I assume there are less players in the Vita version which drops the average? How does a broken challange look like? 

Basically a level where you gotta go the farthest, but it's impossible to continue on forever, so the max is reachable for everyone.

I was really pissed the day I made this thread, but now I cooled off.

Im still figuring out a way to get the Champion trophy, I'd be really nice to get some advice from people about this.

Like for example what type of challenges to approach the best and how so.

22 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

You will get it eventually. Forget about the glitched Murphy Challenge. There hasn't been one since June 2017 I think. I and other people I know got it on the weekly Neverending pit (As far as you can) challenge. It is by far the easiest of all since obstacles are so repetitive and if you reach the 5.000km/ 7.000km mark (depending on the week), the diamond is yours. Good luck.

The farthest I reach when I try those are around 2.000km.

I wonder if anyone has a log of all the dates the bugged Murphy challenge showed up, that'd be useful to calculate when would the next one be.

I've been also considering to connect my Dualshock 4 to the Vita (if that's possible, haven't tried it) to have better control when doing the challenges.

Edited by Crzy Minus

16 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

I wonder if anyone has a log of all the dates the bugged Murphy challenge showed up, that'd be useful to calculate when would the next one be.

You could go through people's trophy lists, mine says that I've gotten the trophy on June, 8th last year. Surely there shouldn't be more than a handful of people who've gotten the trophy on the same day. I've looked at the last fifty people to get this and I'm still on that list - together with 20 others who got it at the same time.

12 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

You could go through people's trophy lists, mine says that I've gotten the trophy on June, 8th last year. Surely there shouldn't be more than a handful of people who've gotten the trophy on the same day. I've looked at the last fifty people to get this and I'm still on that list - together with 20 others who got it at the same time.

I did and it doesn't help because other people managed to get it on others days that weren't the bugged challenge.

13 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

The farthest I reach when I try those are around 2.000km.

Yeah, I did as well when I first started. Believe me: if you practice enough you will cross this threshold soon. You need to be patient and practice though. This challenge still gets around 700 people per week and it is the easiest of all.

About the glitch, as I said, the last one was June 7 last year (just check the forum -- the thread is right there). It used to happen around two times a year, but last year it only happened once. I don't think you should count on it. It is doable without it.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

I also don't think you should wait for a glitch that may never come, you just gotta get good at 1 challenge, my diamond cups all came from the weekly murphy challenges, once I got good at it I managed to get 3 or 4 of those, granted it took like 2 hours for each cup, but it beats waiting around for a glitch.

• Like 1

You should have never started the vita version!

I did the PS3 version (or ps4, I don't remember) and I just did as good as I could on the online challenges. I got the plat after a couple months of doing that. 

But I agree this online shit is terrible and needs to go. Turned a really fun getting into a detestable slog. Also, dick faces that STILL play for diamonds every week can fuck off. But I guess without them, there'd only be a few players a week!

• Like 3

On 29/01/2018 at 1:31 PM, Franciscoo- said:

It's not that bad, at least on the PS4 there are like 10k players playing every day, so getting a diamond is pretty doable.

I managed to get 3 diamond cups last weekend xD

Yeah, the "only" difference is that on ps vita there are no more than 200 players on the daily challenges, and 600 players (at top) on the weelky one. So it's pretty hard.

Good luck to OP, its a shame that they but this trophy on the version with less players, but oh well.

I managed to get the trophy back in 2014, in a weekly challenge with ~1700 players. I was 17th lol. Now I came back to it so I can get the final level of awesomeness (u may even see my name on the leaderboards a few times haha)

But yea, good luck man, let's hope we get the glitched challenge one day

3 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

You should have never started the vita version!

I did the PS3 version (or ps4, I don't remember) and I just did as good as I could on the online challenges. I got the plat after a couple months of doing that. 

But I agree this online shit is terrible and needs to go. Turned a really fun getting into a detestable slog. Also, dick faces that STILL play for diamonds every week can fuck off. But I guess without them, there'd only be a few players a week!

Yeah! Screw those people that actually like the online and don't let us (people who are just in it for trophies and don't actually enjoy it) get diamonds cups!

Maybe don't offend people for playing a game they like and actually get good at it so you deserve the diamond cup ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I also don't think you should wait for a glitch that may never come, you just gotta get good at 1 challenge, my diamond cups all came from the weekly murphy challenges, once I got good at it I managed to get 3 or 4 of those, granted it took like 2 hours for each cup, but it beats waiting around for a glitch.

Speaking of those Murphy Challenges As Far As You Can, I always get stuck at the part with the 3 spiky platforms where the wind blows. It's fucking dogshit, I don't know how to get past that.

I was working on all 3 versions at the same time, and I ultimately gave up on doing the Vita version(still working on the other 2 still).  I'm not sure why they require you to get a diamond cup on the least populated version of the game versus the other 2 requiring you to just get a gold(which is easy peasy).  There have been a few times Murphy jumps over a landing spot where the wind blows but there are a handful of people that can get past it somehow, even though you can't.  Stupid trophy pure and simple.  Should have been a gold just like the other versions. 

1 hour ago, henriquenice said:

Yeah, the "only" difference is that on ps vita there are no more than 200 players on the daily challenges, and 600 players (at top) on the weelky one. So it's pretty hard.

Good luck to OP, its a shame that they but this trophy on the version with less players, but oh well.

I managed to get the trophy back in 2014, in a weekly challenge with ~1700 players. I was 17th lol. Now I came back to it so I can get the final level of awesomeness (u may even see my name on the leaderboards a few times haha)

But yea, good luck man, let's hope we get the glitched challenge one day

Which one exactly is the glitched challenge?