530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

I was looking at the leaderboards to see what people have over 530,000 BP, and you don't need to be super perfect at the game but you need to have a shit ton of wins. One guy in the top 20 had a 56 percent win ratio but he won around 200 matches, so I think you just need to play a lot.

Edited by Grunking1212

Yep, some people was celebrating way to early saying that this plat was going to be easy because you didn’t need to win Ranked matches. 

It’s definitely going to be a grind to the top.

Yep, some people was celebrating way to early saying that this plat was going to be easy because you didn’t need to win Ranked matches. 

It’s definitely going to be a grind to the top.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

One thing to consider is given the way BP works, its value will slowly get inflated. Over time the best players will break 1million BP and keep rising, placing higher and higher. This means that eventually 500k BP could be the same skill level as 100k BP is now.

When you win against someone of your same BP you gain about 3 times the amount you would lose, this means with a win rate of like 35% you could eventually earn enough, thats also a reason why BP will ge tinflated (unless at 500k the earning/lose of BP ratio is different).

Also, if you fight someone with much higher BP you still earn points when losing (at 200k losing against a 300k guy gave like +80BP), so even if you get paired with someone much higher than you due to lack of players you will still slowly get there.

This. As with any other fighting game with a ladder ranking system, 500k bp now might seem crazy, but give it a few weeks or months and it should theoretically be a much easier grind. Have hope everyone!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

One thing to consider is given the way BP works, its value will slowly get inflated. Over time the best players will break 1million BP and keep rising, placing higher and higher. This means that eventually 500k BP could be the same skill level as 100k BP is now.

When you win against someone of your same BP you gain about 3 times the amount you would lose, this means with a win rate of like 35% you could eventually earn enough, thats also a reason why BP will ge tinflated (unless at 500k the earning/lose of BP ratio is different).

Also, if you fight someone with much higher BP you still earn points when losing (at 200k losing against a 300k guy gave like +80BP), so even if you get paired with someone much higher than you due to lack of players you will still slowly get there.

That sounds nice, it has worked like that in another games with this type of "battle points" for ranked matches?

On 1/31/2018 at 0:22 AM, GarciaFever said:

@Grunking1212 so far i've played over 80 matches, and I have around 15 wins. Playing a lot is fun and all, but that goes away when you're not skilled enough to win often, to the point where you keep losing BP. I can't even surpass 100k BP with my skill set.

Im 42-19 right now with 120k BP, and I'm not even that good. Just rematch people who are bad, and practice chaining supers with air combos. Also learn to punish super dashes. If you can pop someone off of their super dash you can combo the hell out of them.

Edited by Grunking1212

9 hours ago, Grunking1212 said:

Im 42-19 right now with 120k BP, and I'm not even that good. Just rematch people who are bad, and practice chaining supers with air combos. Also learn to punish super dashes. If you can pop someone off of their super dash you can combo the hell out of them.

For those that dont know what he means about the super dash, use your heavy launcher (down+heavy). counters every time. you just need to time it, then you get to start combo'ing.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:36 AM, AndresLionheart said:

Hypothetically this should be how it works.

I've heard that quite a number of players at the top of the leaderboards are saying that once you reach around 600,000 BP it takes consistent wins and streaks to actually climb any higher past that because losses are worth stacks more. The trophy is only for 530,000 BP, sure - but if the best of the best are struggling to approach 1,000,000 the value of the BP might not inflate for a while. Right now it's pretty tough to earn this trophy (because it requires decent skill and actual functioning servers).

I tend to only play a few Ranked games at a time because the servers are actual trash right now, but I'm sitting on 208,000 BP and I've played...probably around 70-75 games total.

The higher you are the worst it's get. The "best thing" is soo many better players left game when they were looosing leaving me only with loosing points when i was playing to the end. I wanted to play my way to trophy but it's starting to getting ridiculus when you get 4 leavers in row...

Edited by Hanashiteru

So I've been playing for around 2 hours and in that time I've only completed two full matches. I am kicked from the lobby so frequently that I'm hardly able to finish a match against any opponent, let alone earn any BP towards my ranking. This game has some of the worst online I have EVER experienced, and it's pretty disappointing that it manages to be this bad in 2018.

Most games in my own region - in an Australian lobby - are nigh-on unplayable (with a delay of 15-20 frames) and I am booted every 10-20 minutes. I don't understand how online can be this messy. Every time I'm matched up with someone they have a red bar connection and the game is just a frame-by-frame slow motion movie where one player watches the other win.

I'm still sitting on around 215,000 BP at the moment, but I'm really considering shelving this until they fix this rubbish.

To be honest, I absolutely loathe online trophies. There's just so much that can go wrong:

• The Internet where you live can be absolutely horrid (nor everyone has access to an optic fiber connection).
  • The general community might just be way too good for you to beat (effectively creating a barrier to the trophy)
  • The servers can be horrible
  • They ALWAYS have an expiration date (either when the servers go down or when the community just dies)
  • With online play effectively cordoned off behind a paywall now, you even have to pay extra to get them on PS4 if you don't have Plus.
I don't exactly have anything against online modes, but I do have something against them being shoved in our face through trophies. Make online modes (when relevant), but not online trophies.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, The High Ground said:

i hate this trophy, takes so long!!

And yet, it's not even the worst one in the game. Set for life will take you literally hundreds of hours.

For 9 years, I managed to get all trophies in all my games, no matter how hard. Looks like FighterZ will be the one to break my streak forever. I like trophies, but I don't like them so much that I'm willing to undergo a 200-hour mindless grind.

This is also my first Playstation 4 game with online trophies, and since I refuse to get Plus (I personally don't really see much benefit in paying for it), between those two trophies, I suppose I wasn't going to get the Platinum for this game wither way,

• Like 2

I was testing with a friend if it was possible to boost and it worked but takes some time to match. We had almost the exact same BP when we started. (something around 95k points) Then we searched ranked at the same time and after 5~15 minutes we find each other. Settings for matching were same level and anything goes for the rest. We were able to find each other 6 times today. Since you can get a rematch we were getting around 7000 or 3500 points depending on who was getting the final win. We will try this tomorrow and see if this was just pure luck or if we can constantly get matched like this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I was testing with a friend if it was possible to boost and it worked but takes some time to match. We had almost the exact same BP when we started. (something around 95k points) Then we searched ranked at the same time and after 5~15 minutes we find each other. Settings for matching were same level and anything goes for the rest. We were able to find each other 6 times today. Since you can get a rematch we were getting around 7000 or 3500 points depending on who was getting the final win. We will try this tomorrow and see if this was just pure luck or if we can constantly get matched like this.

Nice!

Is there some limit to how many rematches you can get?