530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

On 2/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, jrdemr said:

To be honest, I absolutely loathe online trophies. There's just so much that can go wrong:

• The Internet where you live can be absolutely horrid (nor everyone has access to an optic fiber connection).
  • The general community might just be way too good for you to beat (effectively creating a barrier to the trophy)
  • The servers can be horrible
  • They ALWAYS have an expiration date (either when the servers go down or when the community just dies)
  • With online play effectively cordoned off behind a paywall now, you even have to pay extra to get them on PS4 if you don't have Plus.
I don't exactly have anything against online modes, but I do have something against them being shoved in our face through trophies. Make online modes (when relevant), but not online trophies.

I don't like online trophies either but Tekken 7 is a good example of how to get people to try online by including some basic trophies instead of ones that encourage boosting and other nonsense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I was testing with a friend if it was possible to boost and it worked but takes some time to match. We had almost the exact same BP when we started. (something around 95k points) Then we searched ranked at the same time and after 5~15 minutes we find each other. Settings for matching were same level and anything goes for the rest. We were able to find each other 6 times today. Since you can get a rematch we were getting around 7000 or 3500 points depending on who was getting the final win. We will try this tomorrow and see if this was just pure luck or if we can constantly get matched like this.

How long did you play to get your total of 6 matches?

4 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Nice!

Is there some limit to how many rematches you can get?

Yeah you can get 3 matches. Good thing is the higher you and your partner gets the easier will be to match because there will be less people with 200k + points playing. Also if you find someone with a good connection it will be even easier to match because you can add another filter to the ranked search.

2 minutes ago, antmoney151 said:

How long did you play to get your total of 6 matches?

Because we were initially testing a lot of methods it took more than an hour for the 6th matches. After trying different things the best result for us were playing in the same region but different lobbies and quiting to a different lobby after we find each other. (it never worked staying in the same lobby and keep searching)

36 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Yeah you can get 3 matches. Good thing is the higher you and your partner gets the easier will be to match because there will be less people with 200k + points playing. Also if you find someone with a good connection it will be even easier to match because you can add another filter to the ranked search.

Because we were initially testing a lot of methods it took more than an hour for the 6th matches. After trying different things the best result for us were playing in the same region but different lobbies and quiting to a different lobby after we find each other. (it never worked staying in the same lobby and keep searching)

well, you get paired with people all in the world not in the same lobby in terms of ranked matches

We need to all go under a name and when we see someone under that name, we need to trade wins lol

Like PSNProfiles
or something

Edited by The High Ground
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

How many BP did you earn per fight?

32 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

well, you get paired with people all in the world not in the same lobby in terms of ranked matches

We need to all go under a name and when we see someone under that name, we need to trade wins lol

Like PSNProfiles
or something

Who gets the 3rd win will be the real problem lol

Well we will never know how exactly the ranked search system works... maybe people in the same region had a preference for matching or maybe not. Tonight I'm going to try matching again and see how it goes. I think people with good internet will have an easier time because of how many filers by connection you can use. This is not my case unfortunately.

1 minute ago, jrdemr said:

How many BP did you earn per fight?

7000k if you get the third win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I don't like online trophies either but Tekken 7 is a good example of how to get people to try online by including some basic trophies instead of ones that encourage boosting and other nonsense.

That would be the best way to go around it. All the "Play X amount of matches in Y mode" are fine, even if its 100 matches, you know you are doing progress with every match.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 11:36 AM, AndresLionheart said:

One thing to consider is given the way BP works, its value will slowly get inflated. Over time the best players will break 1million BP and keep rising, placing higher and higher. This means that eventually 500k BP could be the same skill level as 100k BP is now.

When you win against someone of your same BP you gain about 3 times the amount you would lose, this means with a win rate of like 35% you could eventually earn enough, thats also a reason why BP will ge tinflated (unless at 500k the earning/lose of BP ratio is different).

Also, if you fight someone with much higher BP you still earn points when losing (at 200k losing against a 300k guy gave like +80BP), so even if you get paired with someone much higher than you due to lack of players you will still slowly get there.

Maybe. Consider Street Fighter V. I had this argument for getting the Gold rank trophy, but so far, I've turned out to be wrong. It's not that different than when it was at launch. There are some people I can beat, and others I can't. Ultimately, it's still just as difficult to go up ranks because there's more info on the game out there. Someone just starting out can go watch any number of character tutorial/combo videos, and be decent at the game. Unlike at launch when everyone had the same tools and were limited by how well they could personally figure out the game. So I see this game doing the same thing. 

However, if that's true and you don't lose BP for fighting someone at a higher rank than you, then all you have to do is set the search parameters to fight people stronger than you. You'll probably lose most of the time, but you won't be losing BP for a loss, and you'll be getting more BP for when you do win. Which will make this more of a grind than a difficult trophy.

As bad as it sounds, the easiest way to get this trophy is just going to be to wait. Once the servers are dead, it will be easy to boost. If they do things in true ArcSys fashion, there will be a new version of the game next year and everyone will abandon this version, leaving the lobbies empty and easy to boost.

17 hours ago, jrdemr said:

And yet, it's not even the worst one in the game. Set for life will take you literally hundreds of hours.

For 9 years, I managed to get all trophies in all my games, no matter how hard. Looks like FighterZ will be the one to break my streak forever. I like trophies, but I don't like them so much that I'm willing to undergo a 200-hour mindless grind.

This is also my first Playstation 4 game with online trophies, and since I refuse to get Plus (I personally don't really see much benefit in paying for it), between those two trophies, I suppose I wasn't going to get the Platinum for this game wither way,

I said the same thing when I went for the "My Kung Fu Is Stronger" trophy in Mortal Kombat, but eventually I went back to hell just so that I can get that game platinumed and out of the way. However, this game is arguably more painful to platinum due to the amount of zeni that you can get per match, as well as the 530k BP (however I will save that trophy until I get the 20 million zeni).

I'm sitting around 215k BP. I'd like to try this out tonight. After 630pm est if anyone is down.

4 minutes ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

Just FYI but at higher ranks (like 400k) you'll lose points even if you're beaten by someone stronger (500k+), so you will have either to 1) improve 2) get lucky or 3) boost a lot :unsure:

We know. I lose points now in 200k range when i lose to people stronger sometimes. Its the idea that you trade the wins but someone gets the 3rd win to win more. Your 1 win of BP should be more than the 2 loses of BP if im not mistaken, at least thats how it works in my bracket for now. I know 1 win out weighs 1 lose, so even if it gets to a point when 2 loses out weigh 1 win, you can just keep it to 1 win each.

Edited by antmoney151

Do we actually need to reach 530000BP or just accumulate that amount overall? ?

I'm asking this because I watched a guy who uploads the game daily on youtube and he's currently at ~300000BP, however he already has the trophy (he has been around that amount for a few days)

If that's the case losing BPs won't matter :D

Edited by Franciscoo-
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

Do we actually need to reach 530000BP or just accumulate that amount overall? 1f605.png

I'm asking this because I watched a guy who uploads the game daily on youtube and he's currently at ~300000BP, however he already has the trophy (he has been around that amount for a few days)

Could be a new fighter profile.

16 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

Do we actually need to reach 530000BP or just accumulate that amount overall? ?

I really hope this is the case :'( we need to confirm this..somehow lol

16 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

Do we actually need to reach 530000BP or just accumulate that amount overall? 1f605.png

Probably just means he has been loosing BP AFTER he got the trophy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

thats what I thought too but thats a hell of alot of bp to lose

Either he's throwing away matches or the competition has become fiercer around his level, both are a lot more probable then the trophy not requiring you to reach that ammount of points, especially when there's a rank that requires that exact ammount.

I haven't played many ranked games yet so I may change my tune later, but so far, I don't think it's been so bad. I've played 22 ranked games so far, and I've won 20 of them, putting me at just over 130k BP. I of course do not expect to maintain a 90% win rate all the way to 530k BP, but if I can maintain a positive win ratio, it shouldn't be too bad of a grind.

This is my first anime fighter, so I hardly consider myself good and I'm still learning things on the fly, but at lower levels, you can easily get wins just by knowing basic fundamental things that beginner players don't seem to know. Crouching heavy attack beats super dash clean, so look out for that and use it against people spamming super dashes all match long. Crouching heavy also beats random vanishes and random tag outs, so being prepared for that gives you free damage against people. 

If you react too late and can't punish the super dash in time with crouch heavy and you block it, most characters can punish super dash with their crouching medium attack into an air combo. Medium attacks tend to be unsafe on block, so if your foe ends their block strings with a medium attack and they don't do anything to make it safe like calling out an assist, you can punish them with your own medium attack into a combo.

People tend not to know how to block properly, so take advantage of that. You started a block string? Make sure to check your opponents with low attacks; you'll open them up if they don't crouch block. Your opponent knows how to crouch block and they crouch block often? Call out an assist to cover your tracks, instant air dash in while they block the assist, and hit them with a jumping attack to try catch them with an overhead while they're blocking low. Raw vanishing tends to work great on newer players because they never seem to know that they have to block it the otherway, though of course this isn't recommended all the time because savvier players will punish you for it.

And if worse comes to worse, just turn down fights against skilled players. Pay attention to the color of the square next to the players you get matched up with. Orange and purple squares imply very skilled players, so avoid fighting them if you're not confident that you have a chance of winning.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lionheart_811 said:

I haven't played many ranked games yet so I may change my tune later, but so far, I don't think it's been so bad. I've played 22 ranked games so far, and I've won 20 of them, putting me at just over 130k BP. I of course do not expect to maintain a 90% win rate all the way to 530k BP, but if I can maintain a positive win ratio, it shouldn't be too bad of a grind.

This is my first anime fighter, so I hardly consider myself good and I'm still learning things on the fly, but at lower levels, you can easily get wins just by knowing basic fundamental things that beginner players don't seem to know. Crouching heavy attack beats super dash clean, so look out for that and use it against people spamming super dashes all match long. Crouching heavy also beats random vanishes and random tag outs, so being prepared for that gives you free damage against people. 

If you react too late and can't punish the super dash in time with crouch heavy and you block it, most characters can punish super dash with their crouching medium attack into an air combo. Medium attacks tend to be unsafe on block, so if your foe ends their block strings with a medium attack and they don't do anything to make it safe like calling out an assist, you can punish them with your own medium attack into a combo.

People tend not to know how to block properly, so take advantage of that. You started a block string? Make sure to check your opponents with low attacks; you'll open them up if they don't crouch block. Your opponent knows how to crouch block and they crouch block often? Call out an assist to cover your tracks, instant air dash in while they block the assist, and hit them with a jumping attack to try catch them with an overhead while they're blocking low. Raw vanishing tends to work great on newer players because they never seem to know that they have to block it the otherway, though of course this isn't recommended all the time because savvier players will punish you for it.

And if worse comes to worse, just turn down fights against skilled players. Pay attention to the color of the square next to the players you get matched up with. Orange and purple squares imply very skilled players, so avoid fighting them if you're not confident that you have a chance of winning.

Dude trust me, as you climb up to around 200k people get a lot better. It was easy for me to get to 100k too man. 

Good of job on the w/l though! ^.^

I'm sitting here at 293k and I'm going nuts lol