530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

3 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I just beat a player with a Pink square who had 570,000 BP (very narrowly, Sparking Blast is ridiculous as a comeback mechanic) and I earned 3,000 BP for it. Three thousand. WHAT.

Give me more! That dude was insane! Are you telling me I legitimately only earned two matches' worth of BP for beating a dude that's ranked in the highest possible tier???

EDIT: 370,000 BP after today's sesh. Calling it for now. This game's online makes me mad.

EDIT 2: Okay, now I really have no idea. I've earned 3,000 BP from defeating a Yellow rank and then another 3,000 for defeating a Blue rank. Those ranks are almost at opposite ends of the skill scale. How does this BP system even work?

The color of the squares don't have anything to do with the BPs, they're different things.

A guy could be orange or even pink without even having played a single ranked match, and another one could reach Super Saiyan 2 rank or above and still being green, so don't be focused in the colors, they just represent an overall win rate of the player.

You can only earn BP playing rankeds (obviously), but the color of the square is affected by every other online mode (rankeds, arena, ring matches...)

My square turned yellow after an arena match a few weeks ago, but I've seen pink players with 0 BPs (they still are amazing players)

Edited by Franciscoo-

On 2/14/2018 at 10:49 AM, Aexuz said:

At least we can recognize the quitters easily and avoid playing with them. Their ID's are purple color and very easy to spot. 

Hope connection errors don't count as quit though. I have been disconected at least 5 times and the worst part is all of those matches I was most likely getting the win. 

Getting to 200 BP is pretty easy but I'm getting worried passing 300BP will be the highest I will get. 

About the boosting I mentioned in previos posts I can confirm it is possible to do it. Yesterday we tried with a friend and matched 7 times. Because it takes a lot of time we have decided to reach 300BP playing normally and we will try it out again when we get to that level. 

Also a good strategy is trying to match with blue or dark green players since those are the ones with lower win rate. Avoid red or pink. 

The order is Blue - Green - light green - Yellow - Red - Pink. 

There’s actually a lower light blue below that

1 minute ago, davidstubbs said:

There’s actually a lower light blue below that

Yeah, a light blue color exists, but they get placed in different lobbies, so you won't see them normally if you're in a standard rank.

I'm yellow and I've only seen a few dark blue players and I'm pretty sure they dropped in that session.

That kinda sucks because I've read a lot of blue players complaining they can't play with their friends because they can't join their same lobbies :/

1 minute ago, Franciscoo- said:

Yeah, a light blue color exists, but they get placed in different lobbies, so you won't see them normally if you're in a standard rank.

I'm yellow and I've only seen a few dark blue players and I'm pretty sure they dropped in that session.

That kinda sucks because I've read a lot of blue players complaining they can't play with their friends because they can't join their same lobbies :/

Im a light blue im Blazblue cuz I ate shit for months, now im dark green bc i was playing casual against good people. Ranked im finding is much easier im at 190k with 45 wins out of 60, but i feel ill never get my color changed :(

9 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

The color of the squares don't have anything to do with the BPs, they're different things.

A guy could be orange or even pink without even having played a single ranked match, and another one could reach Super Saiyan 2 rank or above and still being green, so don't be focused in the colors, they just represent an overall win rate of the player.

You can only earn BP playing rankeds (obviously), but the color of the square is affected by every other online mode (rankeds, arena, ring matches...)

My square turned yellow after an arena match a few weeks ago, but I've seen pink players with 0 BPs (they still are amazing players)

Right, for some reason I assumed it was a rough indicator of skill exclusively for online.

I didn't even know Light Blue existed - I've seen a few Blue squares and they do seem like weaker players (I'm on Yellow at the moment).

Thing is, I've earned 3,000 BP from players that are a whole 150k BP below me and 1,000 BP from players closer to my rank. I would assume that you'd earn more BP from players closer to your rank, but I've received 3,000-4,000 randomly when playing lower ranked players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davidstubbs said:

Im a light blue im Blazblue cuz I ate shit for months, now im dark green bc i was playing casual against good people. Ranked im finding is much easier im at 190k with 45 wins out of 60, but i feel ill never get my color changed :(

The thing is your color will only change playing people of the same color, if you're dark green you need to win other dark green players, if you win a light green or yellow guy it won't count (I think that's stupid)

Edited by Franciscoo-

Okay, I've just reached 410,000 BP after alternating between winning and losing while hovering around 390,000 BP or so. At this point it's fairly likely that I'm not going to make a lot of progress unless I keep my wins up, but I changed my preferences to "Good Completion Rate" or whatever it is and finished every game, win or lose. Kind of satisfying, honestly - as is the 10,000 BP boost you get from ranking up. I'm a Supreme Kai now!

This is where the road to the trophy REALLY starts - I have a bad feeling that losses are going to hurt a lot more. But it...feels pretty close, so I'm going to keep at it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Okay, I've just reached 410,000 BP after alternating between winning and losing while hovering around 390,000 BP or so. At this point it's fairly likely that I'm not going to make a lot of progress unless I keep my wins up, but I changed my preferences to "Good Completion Rate" or whatever it is and finished every game, win or lose. Kind of satisfying, honestly - as is the 10,000 BP boost you get from ranking up. I'm a Supreme Kai now!

This is where the road to the trophy REALLY starts - I have a bad feeling that losses are going to hurt a lot more. But it...feels pretty close, so I'm going to keep at it.

That’s hell of a progress you’ve made so far!

Do you chose to fight opponents “Stronger than you” or “Same level as”?

5 minutes ago, godhand2k said:

That’s hell of a progress you’ve made so far!

Do you chose to fight opponents “Stronger than you” or “Same level as”?

My preferences are set to "Good Completion Rate" (so I am never matched with frequent quitters) and "Anything Goes" in regards to skill. The reward for beating a far stronger player is absolutely not worth it compared to the BP I would receive from defeating two or three opponents around my level (like I would still be losing BP for a defeat against an opponent at this point even if he was a far higher rank).

If you're set on this trophy and want it, my suggestion is to play against people around or below your skill level (obviously). I'm at Yellow rank and I never challenge Red or Pink players because the reward is simply not worth it (it's like an extra 1k-2k BP). You'll rank up a little slower but at least you have a higher chance of actually getting closer to your goal.

For what it's worth, my team is SSJ Goku / Teen Gohan / Trunks. I have around 230 matches played and around 130 wins.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

My preferences are set to "Good Completion Rate" (so I am never matched with frequent quitters) and "Anything Goes" in regards to skill. The reward for beating a far stronger player is absolutely not worth it compared to the BP I would receive from defeating two or three opponents around my level (like I would still be losing BP for a defeat against an opponent at this point even if he was a far higher rank).

If you're set on this trophy and want it, my suggestion is to play against people around or below your skill level (obviously). I'm at Yellow rank and I never challenge Red or Pink players because the reward is simply not worth it (it's like an extra 1k-2k BP). You'll rank up a little slower but at least you have a higher chance of actually getting closer to your goal.

For what it's worth, my team is SSJ Goku / Teen Gohan / Trunks. I have around 230 matches played and around 130 wins.

That’s precisely why I asked about it.

The thing is I was always choosing to fight stronger opponents thus I get beat up regularly XD, but winning around 70 games I’ve gotten to 260 K BP.

Then I tried changing the search criteria to find opponents around my level but I was getting a pitiful amount of BP (just around 150!) for winning, so I switched back to the same criteria I had.

I guess I’ll try the “Anything goes” option, and also that of the connection rate. I had such a bad time with people quitting when they’re about to lose.

2 minutes ago, godhand2k said:

That’s precisely why I asked about it.

The thing is I was always choosing to fight stronger opponents thus I get beat up regularly XD, but winning around 70 games I’ve gotten to 260 K BP.

Then I tried changing the search criteria to find opponents around my level but I was getting a pitiful amount of BP (just around 150!) for winning, so I switched back to the same criteria I had.

I guess I’ll try the “Anything goes” option, and also that of the connection rate. I had such a bad time with people quitting when they’re about to lose.

Quitters are so frustrating to deal with, but ever since I changed my preference to "Good Completion Rate" (or whatever it is), I haven't had a single opponent quit on me. It's a refreshing change of pace after having to deal with people leaving and shafting you out of your BP.

I actually think that before you reach the 200,000 BP mark or so, playing people above your skill level isn't a bad idea because you'll receive quite a bit even for losing. Once you hit 300,000 BP you need to be winning consistently to keep your points up - I was floating around 340,000 BP for a whole day because I was going win for loss online. It's brutal - can't wait to see how much I need to keep winning now!

1 hour ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Have you tried Adult Gohan?

I think he is way better than his teen version.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Franciscoo- said:

Have you tried Adult Gohan?

I think he is way better than his teen version.

Yeah, Adult Gohan is a way better character - I've just invested a lot of time into Teen Gohan is all. I find that he works really well within my team with the way his supers work and the ways I'm able to convert off stray hits with him, and I can pull big damage with him and SSJ Goku working together.

I'll probably stick with my current team until I hit my goal, because the characters I'm using are all mid-high tiers (apparently). As much as I'd like to experiment, I would probably suck too much with other characters in Ranked. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I just beat a player with a Pink square who had 570,000 BP (very narrowly, Sparking Blast is ridiculous as a comeback mechanic) and I earned 3,000 BP for it. Three thousand. WHAT.

Give me more! That dude was insane! Are you telling me I legitimately only earned two matches' worth of BP for beating a dude that's ranked in the highest possible tier???

EDIT: 370,000 BP after today's sesh. Calling it for now. This game's online makes me mad.

EDIT 2: Okay, now I really have no idea. I've earned 3,000 BP from defeating a Yellow rank and then another 3,000 for defeating a Blue rank. Those ranks are almost at opposite ends of the skill scale. How does this BP system even work?

I hit 350k last night and the match that I ranked up on, he was the same as me and once I beat him in the first match, I gained 5000+ BP so idek how the BP system works anymore I just go with the flow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Right, for some reason I assumed it was a rough indicator of skill exclusively for online.

I didn't even know Light Blue existed - I've seen a few Blue squares and they do seem like weaker players (I'm on Yellow at the moment).

Thing is, I've earned 3,000 BP from players that are a whole 150k BP below me and 1,000 BP from players closer to my rank. I would assume that you'd earn more BP from players closer to your rank, but I've received 3,000-4,000 randomly when playing lower ranked players.

The reason you get 3 or 4k with lower players is because of the winning streak. The more wins you get in a row without losing the more BP you get. I think the limit is 3 wins but I'm not 100% sure. 

Reading up on the PSNTrophies forums, it seems that people have been able to boost with sporadic success when they're higher up in rank (Super Saiyan 2 and beyond). It's still not reliable, but I suppose it's comforting for most of us who are still at <300,000 BP (and rising sloooooooowly) at the moment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Reading up on the PSNTrophies forums, it seems that people have been able to boost with sporadic success when they're higher up in rank (Super Saiyan 2 and beyond). It's still not reliable, but I suppose it's comforting for most of us who are still at <300,000 BP (and rising sloooooooowly) at the moment. 

We will get there man. Just think, once this bastard of a trophy is done, we bascually have the Platinum since the 20mil will be easy but boring and no frustration needed for that one :D a bit under 180k left for me

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 2

The Supreme Kai rank is pretty brutal. I'm at 450k right now, and while I've made positive gains over the past two days (from 420k to 440k, 440 to 450k tonight), this is most losses I've taken in my grind and the most tilted I've ever been playing the game. You just get too little playing against lower ranked players, and if you lose against anyone, higher or lower rank, you lose everything.

16 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

The thing is your color will only change playing people of the same color, if you're dark green you need to win other dark green players, if you win a light green or yellow guy it won't count (I think that's stupid)

oh no wonder my BB color won't change, oh man im never getting out of that

58 minutes ago, lionheart_811 said:

The Supreme Kai rank is pretty brutal. I'm at 450k right now, and while I've made positive gains over the past two days (from 420k to 440k, 440 to 450k tonight), this is most losses I've taken in my grind and the most tilted I've ever been playing the game. You just get too little playing against lower ranked players, and if you lose against anyone, higher or lower rank, you lose everything.

Yeah this is a little concerning. I've just started my run as a Supreme Kai and I imagine that your win rate has to be pretty high to steadily climb.

500,000 - 530,000 will probably be ridiculous.

EDIT: Yeah, this rank is brutal as hell. I've won two matches and then lost the BP I made from losing one. I don't think I've been this mad at a game's online before - the lag on my end is rough.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

51 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Yeah this is a little concerning. I've just started my run as a Supreme Kai and I imagine that your win rate has to be pretty high to steadily climb.

500,000 - 530,000 will probably be ridiculous.

Especially because of the rage quitters, lol at that range everyone is trying to get the trophy xD 

It might just be because I live in Australia and our Internet sucks but literally every match I enter in Ranked has a 19 frame delay that makes it almost unplayable. If I try setting the connection quality to "red or higher" (which is not much better), I can't find any games.

Honestly I'm a little surprised I've managed to make it to this point really. Might be willing to just find someone and trade boosts if this keeps happening.

EDIT: It's a loss or gain of around 1,800 BP for where I'm up to. 425,000 BP at the moment. I make progress if I win, and lose that progress if I don't. Seems fair, but the lag is definitely against me.

EDIT 2: So ranks definitely factor into things. I faced a guy who was also a Supreme Kai just now and beat him - he was a Green square, but I took 4,000 BP from the win.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1