530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

4 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

It's so bad, I completely understand your frustration. I just had a game where "Please wait a moment" appeared 4 times, then my connection dropped and I was booted out of the lobby.

I really don't get it at all. My Internet at home is pretty quick so I don't know if it's on my end or if the online is just trash. To me it seems like it still needs a lot of fixing.

EDIT: Just ranked up to Demon. Sitting on 510,000 BP. So close! I know this will be the toughest part though...

Nice. You're on the final lap so to speak.I finally got on a 10 game winning streak and I'm at 425k points now. If I can keep this up, I might be clse to 460k or so before I have to head to the gym in like 7 hours lol. Current record is 118 wins against only 37 losses

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Nice. You're on the final lap so to speak.I finally got on a 10 game winning streak and I'm at 425k points now. If I can keep this up, I might be clse to 460k or so before I have to head to the gym in like 7 hours lol. Current record is 118 wins against only 37 losses

Wow. You’re a natrural this! I have almost as many wins as you have matches, and I’m still at <300,000! :lol:

Are you an Orange square at this point?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Wow. You’re a natrural this! I have almost as many wins as you have matches, and I’m still at <300,000! :lol:

Are you an Orange square at this point?

Nah. It's a strange system; you have to beat players that are the same colour rank as you to advance to the next colour. I won't be an Orange unless I beat a whole bunch of Yellow players (which I'm not actively trying to do anyway).

Hoping to get this done before the end of this week. This last 20,000 BP will be the hardest, I feel - losses are going to sting a lot more if they come. I'm definitely 100% over playing Ranked; this laggy mess is doing my head in to be honest.

I never want to touch it again after this. It's a shame because I genuinely love the game, but the online component is really ruining it for me. A lot of braindead stuff that would never work offline just seems to connect and the lag just makes reacting to anything such a chore.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

1 hour ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Nah. It's a strange system; you have to beat players that are the same colour rank as you to advance to the next colour. I won't be an Orange unless I beat a whole bunch of Yellow players (which I'm not actively trying to do anyway).

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've beaten Orange players, but I'm still Dark Blue. I had four wins against Dark Blue players last night, but that wasn't enough to advance me, it seems. :lol:

10 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've beaten Orange players, but I'm still Dark Blue. I had four wins against Dark Blue players last night, but that wasn't enough to advance me, it seems. :lol:

Rough. I just had three consecutive wins and then lost one so I'm practically back to 510,000 BP (a loss in Demon rank is -2,400 BP, which is so painful).

This is definitely the hardest step of the journey because wins are only worth 1,425 BP (at least on my end). So I basically have to go 2 wins for each loss across my games if I want to stay afloat with my current BP, and consistently win if I want to progress at all.

Stay strong when you reach this point, because it's so easy to lose loads of progress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Rough. I just had three consecutive wins and then lost one so I'm practically back to 510,000 BP (a loss in Demon rank is -2,400 BP, which is so painful).

This is definitely the hardest step of the journey because wins are only worth 1,425 BP (at least on my end). So I basically have to go 2 wins for each loss across my games if I want to stay afloat with my current BP, and consistently win if I want to progress at all.

Stay strong when you reach this point, because it's so easy to lose loads of progress.

Wow! You're really close! Hopefully, one strong (and lucky) push will get you there this weekend! Good luck!

...Also, I love how this trophy is so ridiculous that we've had to form a support group to cope with it. It's okay, guys. I'm a therapist at my day job, so you're all in good hands. ;) 

Edited by darkamdusias
  • Like 4

Like darkamdusias said, I love how we all became like friends/comrades because of this damn trophy ?.  And @darkamdusias I am a pink square. I don't feel like I deserve it though because I'm not that great compared to others. Also I had to end the night on 425k points since my body wouldn't let me stay up any later. So when I get of work at 11pm (it's 2:30 where I am), I'm coming home and going to push myself to get as close to 500k. I have the next 3 days off afterwards but I want to use most of the weekend to money grind. Here's to hoping all of us can get top 20 in the platinum achievement and everyone needs to share their energy with us to help us finish this journey off strong ?

EDIT: also it's worth noting had I not been booted from the lobby during sets I would've won and all the rage quits didn't happen, I'd be close to 500k but fuhk me, right? ??

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 2

It feels like the online is just worse day to day. This morning I've only been able to complete one match against another Yellow square player (only just won it), and every other match I've just been disconnected from. It's actually a little baffling that the devs didn't iron out these sorts of issues before launch.

I saw a tweet earlier today where a player in the US went on Ranked to play and ended up being matched with himself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

It feels like the online is just worse day to day. This morning I've only been able to complete one match against another Yellow square player (only just won it), and every other match I've just been disconnected from. It's actually a little baffling that the devs didn't iron out these sorts of issues before launch.

I saw a tweet earlier today where a player in the US went on Ranked to play and ended up being matched with himself.

WHAAAAAAAT?? WITH HIMSELF??? WHHHHHAAAA??? ?????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

2 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I'm about 15,000 BP out from the trophy. Almost there.

It sucks that you and other people have been having such a terrible online experience with an otherwise great game. It's so strange because I have 242 matches playing this so far, and I've barely had any problems. I had one person rage quit on me tonight, but before that, I can't remember the last time I had someone quit out on me. Most of my matches are pretty lag free, worst I've ever dealt with was around 10 frame delay. Server drops have happened for me, but they're very rare.

In other news though, I've just ranked up to the Demon rank, having gone from 480k to 512k. Calling it quits for the night, but the light is at the end of the tunnel for me. The plan is to keep beating up on green squares and get gains little by little. Hopefully by tomorrow, I can finally be done with ranked. Best of luck to you and everyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lionheart_811 said:

It sucks that you and other people have been having such a terrible online experience with an otherwise great game. It's so strange because I have 242 matches playing this so far, and I've barely had any problems. I had one person rage quit on me tonight, but before that, I can't remember the last time I had someone quit out on me. Most of my matches are pretty lag free, worst I've ever dealt with was around 10 frame delay. Server drops have happened for me, but they're very rare.

In other news though, I've just ranked up to the Demon rank, having gone from 480k to 512k. Calling it quits for the night, but the light is at the end of the tunnel for me. The plan is to keep beating up on green squares and get gains little by little. Hopefully by tomorrow, I can finally be done with ranked. Best of luck to you and everyone else.

Nice, nearly there! And yeah, I don't really understand it either - the game is fantastic but I rarely have a match that isn't laggy or ends in a disconnect. There are the occasional quitters, of course - but most of the problems for me stem from the lag and my bread-and-butter follow-ups just not working online because of it. It doesn't entirely ruin the experience, but it certainly makes it less fun.

19 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Nice, nearly there! And yeah, I don't really understand it either - the game is fantastic but I rarely have a match that isn't laggy or ends in a disconnect. There are the occasional quitters, of course - but most of the problems for me stem from the lag and my bread-and-butter follow-ups just not working online because of it. It doesn't entirely ruin the experience, but it certainly makes it less fun.

I wonder if part of that is a function of you being in Australia - maybe the game is less popular down under than it is in Asia and North America, meaning that you're being matched with players across larger distances than the rest of us.

Well, that or maybe it's the drop bears. ;)

Just now, darkamdusias said:

I wonder if part of that is a function of you being in Australia - maybe the game is less popular down under than it is in Asia and North America, meaning that you're being matched with players across larger distances than the rest of us.

Well, that or maybe it's the drop bears. ;)

Our Internet infrastructure is notoriously bad...but that said, my area has the fastest available speeds (which apparently doesn't count for much). We're so far behind the rest of the world in terms of technology and I'm surprised I've managed to stick with this for this long. I love the game but I never intended to play it for more than a few months casually and once I hit the 530,000 BP I can just grind the Zeni out in my own time.

45 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Hey you guys, Ive changed up my team, so far im running with cell as point, 16 as mid, and im trying to find a good anchor that im satisfied with, trying to decide on Tien or Gohan (adult) 

Im always struggling with finding a 3rd character xD

Recommend either Goku Black or Adult Gohan. Both of those picks will make your team ridiculously good. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The High Ground said:

ok thanks I shouldve said anyone really, just someone that would work well with my team. Who do you prefer of those 2 characters? :D 

If you're good at utilising assists, Goku Black is extremely versatile and has one of the best assists in the game so he can work well in any position on your team. Adult Gohan is a little trickier to use but he becomes scarier over time and has fantastic damage.

I personally prefer Goku Black because I like the character, but each to their own!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

If you're good at utilising assists, Goku Black is extremely versatile and has one of the best assists in the game so he can work well in any position on your team. Adult Gohan is a little trickier to use but he becomes scarier over time and has fantastic damage.

I personally prefer Goku Black because I like the character, but each to their own!

Ok prolly will go to goku black as he was my old anchor ahaha thanks for your input!!! :D:D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

HELL YES.

lFTC8nq.jpg

The most satisfying K.O. I'll earn playing Ranked. Finally made it to 530,000 BP, friends! The grind to be good in a laggy game mode full of disconnects and quitters is, at last, over.

Quick breakdown and a couple notes:

• This absolutely takes longer than most trophy guides would suggest even though it is largely dependent on skill - if you're a good player it will still take hours upon hours to reach this rank.
  • Including story, occasional local matches and training, I've put 81 hours into the game at the moment and I've earned a measly 676,000 Zeni. The money grind is going to suck.
  • My team is SSJ Goku / Teen Gohan / Trunks. I find that my team compliments each other really well with assists and tags. It's important to find a team that you have synergy with and I find it's more effective in the long term over just picking up top tier characters to win.
  • I've played 369 online ranked matches and won 241 of them, so my win rate is 65%. Of course, for the purposes of trying to earn this trophy I would deliberately fight players with Green / Dark Green / Blue squares (and occasionally Yellow or Orange if I was feeling good about my win streak).
  • Don't be demotivated by quitters and disconnects - the trophy is certainly hard because once you reach the Supreme Kai and Demon ranks, losses start to affect you significantly and the last 20,000 BP is really reliant on wins.

Good luck, everyone!

I still got a bit over 100k left to go but hopefully I can get it by sunday. It's gonna suck :'(

1 hour ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

HELL YES.

lFTC8nq.jpg

The most satisfying K.O. I'll earn playing Ranked. Finally made it to 530,000 BP, friends! The grind to be good in a laggy game mode full of disconnects and quitters is, at last, over.

• This absolutely takes longer than most trophy guides would suggest even though it is largely dependent on skill - if you're a good player it will still take hours upon hours to reach this rank.
  • Including story, occasional local matches and training, I've put 81 hours into the game at the moment and I've earned a measly 676,000 Zeni. The money grind is going to suck.
  • My team is SSJ Goku / Teen Gohan / Trunks. I find that my team compliments each other really well with assists and tags. It's important to find a team that you have synergy with and I find it's more effective in the long term over just picking up top tier characters to win.
  • I've played 369 online ranked matches and won 241 of them, so my win rate is 65%. Of course, for the purposes of trying to earn this trophy I would deliberately fight players with Green / Dark Green / Blue squares (and occasionally Yellow or Orange if I was feeling good about my win streak).
  • Don't be demotivated by quitters and disconnects - the trophy is certainly hard because once you reach the Supreme Kai and Demon ranks, losses start to affect you significantly and the last 20,000 BP is really reliant on wins.

Good luck, everyone!

i might copy your team just for the hell of it and see how I do lol

in casual of course for fun :D

Edited by The High Ground

3 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

HELL YES.

lFTC8nq.jpg

Good luck, everyone!

Congratulations!!! You did it, and you managed it with a Green name too! Respect!

• Like 1