530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

2 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Congratulations!!! You did it, and you managed it with a Green name too! Respect!

Thanks, it sure took a while. ?

I decided to play some story on Hard afterwards to reach the point where you can farm Zeni and I realised just how long it will take to actually earn even 1,000,000, let alone 20,000,000. Like there is literally no point to accumulating that much Zeni. It's an obnoxious amount. I think I'm just going to farm maybe once or twice a day and try and earn some in between other games because I don't want to grind the story out for 50 hours...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I decided to play some story on Hard afterwards to reach the point where you can farm Zeni and I realised just how long it will take to actually earn even 1,000,000, let alone 20,000,000. Like there is literally no point to accumulating that much Zeni. It's an obnoxious amount. I think I'm just going to farm maybe once or twice a day and try and earn some in between other games because I don't want to grind the story out for 50 hours...

As infuriating as the "My Power Level is 530,000" trophy is, "Set for Life" is just ridiculous. Even at its best, the game still rewards you with way too little zeni, making getting the Platinum trophy an unbearable grind. That's why both "Set for Life" and "Deep Pockets" are the only trophies in the game rarer than the 530 000 BP one. And as you said, there isn't even any point to it. By that point, you've already gathered more than enough zeni to buy everything in the game. It's just a pointless grind.

This system just seems ripe for microtransactions. Bandai Namco recently introduced them to Xenoverse 2, so it's definitely not out of the equation.

The only other Dragon Ball game where I had a grind this bad was Budokai 2, where you had to play through Story Mode in its entirety just to get one Breakthrough capsule (the one that allows a specific character to use all of its techniques at maximum power at the same time). And given how you had a total of 29 characters... yeah... took me about 6 months just to complete to whole bloody thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I'm curious, how do you go about grinding zeni? Do you actually have to play through all 3 arcs on hard mode in order to get to that point or? Trying to prepare myself for boredom after all this online ? is over. 70k more left for me :D

1 minute ago, jrdemr said:

As infuriating as the "My Power Level is 530,000" trophy is, "Set for Life" is just ridiculous. Even at its best, the game still rewards you with way too little zeni, making getting the Platinum trophy an unbearable grind. That's why both "Set for Life" and "Deep Pockets" are the only trophies in the game rarer than the 530 000 BP one. And as you said, there isn't even any point to it. By that point, you've already gathered more than enough zeni to buy everything in the game. It's just a pointless grind.

This system just seems ripe for microtransactions. Bandai Namco recently introduced them to Xenoverse 2, so it's definitely not out of the equation.

The only other Dragon Ball game where I had a grind this bad was Budokai 2, where you had to play through Story Mode in its entirety just to get one Breakthrough capsule (the one that allows a specific character to use all of its techniques at maximum power at the same time). And given how you had a total of 29 characters... yeah... took me about 6 months just to complete to whole bloody thing.

I have a lot of JRPG in my backlog and a bunch of them were unbearably boring grinds that made this look like child's play...Omega Quintet being a big offender for this :/ half of that trophy list was a grind. And Mugen Souls was no joke either.

1 hour ago, jrdemr said:

I...I remember this. I also did this! It sucked! I don't think I spent anywhere near 6 months on it though - pretty sure I was distracted by other games before I got that capsule.

1 hour ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I'm curious, how do you go about grinding zeni? Do you actually have to play through all 3 arcs on hard mode in order to get to that point or? Trying to prepare myself for boredom after all this online ? is over. 70k more left for me :D

I have a lot of JRPG in my backlog and a bunch of them were unbearably boring grinds that made this look like child's play...Omega Quintet being a big offender for this :/ half of that trophy list was a grind. And Mugen Souls was no joke either.

There's a method you can use in the Hard Mode of the story where you basically reduce the HP of three opponents to next to nothing in a certain fight. You then deliberately lose, save your game, and repeatedly load that fight so that you can just kill all three of them really quickly. With 3x Victory Zeni Level 6 equipped, you earn about 6700 Zeni when you defeat them. You quit the game during the following cutscene, and just load the fight again. This method nets you ~6000 Zeni every 2 minutes or so, which is around 180,000 Zeni each hour. So with around 6 hours of grind...you'd have a million. That's still upwards of 100 hours, but...until someone figures out something quicker or they introduce microtransactions, it's the fastest way to reach that ridiculous number.

Unfortunately it does mean you have to finish Hard Mode, but you do get a lot of Zeni for doing that too (I think it's around 80,000 per arc).

EDIT: I'm about to beat the second arc on Hard and I have 906,129 Zeni acquired to this point. Egh.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

28 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

I’m still hoping that the upcoming ZRaid content will feature huge Zeni prizes. Hopefully that will take some of the sting out of these trophies.

Yeah, same. But I'm also a little bit hesitant. If they had Zeni prizes on offer for the upcoming modes, the amount wouldn't be that much more than, say, the reward for the story mode. That's enough to get you a couple of in-game items and a few Premium Coins for participating.

I don't think that the 20,000,000 Zeni trophy will be obtained by many players. Unless of course they just decide to make a huge cash prize that would effectively let you buy half the items in the game at once.

2 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Yeah, same. But I'm also a little bit hesitant. If they had Zeni prizes on offer for the upcoming modes, the amount wouldn't be that much more than, say, the reward for the story mode. That's enough to get you a couple of in-game items and a few Premium Coins for participating.

I don't think that the 20,000,000 Zeni trophy will be obtained by many players. Unless of course they just decide to make a huge cash prize that would effectively let you buy half the items in the game at once.

Sadly, even if a prize was so big that you could buy half the game’s items at once, it would only be about 2,000,000 Zeni. The store sells out if items and shuts after you’ve purchased ~3.8 million Zeni worth of stuff from what I hear.

The combination of difficulty and grinding means that this game will probably feature the rarest Aksys fighter Platinum yet.

(That’s saying a lot because the Guilty Gear and Persona 4 Arena Platinums are no joke.)

15 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

HELL YES.

lFTC8nq.jpg

The most satisfying K.O. I'll earn playing Ranked. Finally made it to 530,000 BP, friends! The grind to be good in a laggy game mode full of disconnects and quitters is, at last, over.

Quick breakdown and a couple notes:

• This absolutely takes longer than most trophy guides would suggest even though it is largely dependent on skill - if you're a good player it will still take hours upon hours to reach this rank.
  • Including story, occasional local matches and training, I've put 81 hours into the game at the moment and I've earned a measly 676,000 Zeni. The money grind is going to suck.
  • My team is SSJ Goku / Teen Gohan / Trunks. I find that my team compliments each other really well with assists and tags. It's important to find a team that you have synergy with and I find it's more effective in the long term over just picking up top tier characters to win.
  • I've played 369 online ranked matches and won 241 of them, so my win rate is 65%. Of course, for the purposes of trying to earn this trophy I would deliberately fight players with Green / Dark Green / Blue squares (and occasionally Yellow or Orange if I was feeling good about my win streak).
  • Don't be demotivated by quitters and disconnects - the trophy is certainly hard because once you reach the Supreme Kai and Demon ranks, losses start to affect you significantly and the last 20,000 BP is really reliant on wins.

Good luck, everyone!

Arcade's a fast way to earn money.

10 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Anybody know how to de-rank your colored square? Not many people are accepting my fight request and I want to drop to a light green at least to get more fights in.

You just have to lose against people of your same color.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

You just have to lose against people of your same color.

Oh ok. You know how many times? And does losing to lower colors help out?

I've been grinding away losses in casual matches hoping to get lowered colored soon lol

Edited by AustinMichael1

Just now, AustinMichael1 said:

Oh ok. You know how many times? And does losing to lower colors help out?

For what I understand imagine when you get a new color you start with 10 points, and every time you win or lose against a guy of your same color you win or lose one point, if you get to 20 you'll get the next color and in the same way if you get to 0 points you'll drop to the lower color.

And no, only counts playing against people of your exact same color.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

For what I understand imagine when you get a new color you start with 10 points, and every time you win or lose against a guy of your same color you win or lose one point, if you get to 20 you'll get the next color and in the same way if you get to 0 points you'll drop to the lower color.

And no, only counts playing against people of your exact same color.

As I read this I just dropped down to a light green thanks though for the tips :D not sure if I should cheese my way down to dark green or not lol

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Anybody know how to de-rank your colored square? Not many people are accepting my fight request and I want to drop to a light green at least to get more fights in.

Buddy I told you, just lose a bunch of casual matches ?U don't believe me?? :( 

Yes it it needs to be against your same color tho lol found that out too

took me forever tho

im finally green (totally gonna derank to dark green tho) LMAO

Edited by The High Ground
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Buddy I told you, just lose a bunch of casual matches 1f625.pngU don't believe me?? :( 

Yes it it needs to be against your same color tho lol found that out too

took me forever tho

im finally green (totally gonna derail to dark green tho) LMAO

I did believe ya lol I was fighting dark greens forever and wouldn't de-rank lol. I lost like 3 hours of grinding but now I can get back on track lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Sadly, even if a prize was so big that you could buy half the game’s items at once, it would only be about 2,000,000 Zeni. The store sells out if items and shuts after you’ve purchased ~3.8 million Zeni worth of stuff from what I hear.

I've been getting a lot of Premium Coins from the shop, so I don't think I have a lot of items left to earn. I wouldn't be surprised if the shop closed after that - but surely they're going to add lots of obtainable items with the DLC characters and such.

7 hours ago, acookieman said:

Arcade's a fast way to earn money.

It is, but finishing a handful of fights and earning 13,000 Zeni in around 20-30 minutes isn't as fast as earning 6,000 Zeni every 2 minutes if you just use that farming method in the story. That said, Arcade is a lot more fun and far less of a mindless grind.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

I'm so sorry man, if I knew that's how it worked at the time, I would've told u ahah

It's all good lol.

Also, I FINALLY ranked up to demon last night and have 515k points. The finish line is just one more lap and I can finally put online mode to rest. ??

Edited by AustinMichael1

6 hours ago, AustinMichael1 said:

It's all good lol.

Also, I FINALLY ranked up to demon last night and have 515k points. The finish line is just one more lap and I can finally put online mode to rest. 1f600.png1f4aa.png

Man. I am both jealous and happy for you. Congratulations on achieving Demon!

• Like 1

Addendum: Today's session was my most successful one yet! I gained about 50,000 BP today, and am currently sitting at 343,000 because of the bonus I got for ranking up from Android to Super Saiyan 2. Also, I ranked up from a Dark Blue square to a Dark Green square, which was a nice bonus. :) 

• Like 2