How active is the multiplayer?

AJ_Radio

A few weeks ago I bought this game and PlayStation All Stars, both for the PS Vita. 

Since I'm usually someone who doesn’t like to boost, I will try to get most of the online trophies on my own with other players. 

Is it possible I can easily join in a match with actual people? There are a couple online trophies that may prove troublesome without boosting, the guide suggests playing Warzone for these as players are more likely to interrogate and use tranquilizer guns. 

Also with the inevitable server closure, whenever that may be, I don’t want to lock myself out of a platinum I feel is well deserved.

I joined a boosting session to get the interrogation and other misc trophies, but I got them in different matches, my boosting group ran into randoms and I got the "Take Your Hands Off" trophy by killing a random. The brightside is that you can boost many mp trophies with bots, just buy the Botzone dlc and play all 100 online matches except the first one and last ones against these bots. Work on misc trophies when killing bots.

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I joined a boosting session to get the interrogation and other misc trophies, but I got them in different matches, my boosting group ran into randoms and I got the "Take Your Hands Off" trophy by killing a random. The brightside is that you can boost many mp trophies with bots, just buy the Botzone dlc and play all 100 online matches except the first one and last ones against these bots. Work on misc trophies when killing bots.

All but two online trophies can be obtained playing Mercenary and Guerrilla. 

If I absolutely have to boost then I wonder if it’s possible with just two people.

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

If I absolutely have to boost then I wonder if it’s possible with just two people.

You will have to boost some trophies as you will have to be very lucky for the bots to interrogate other bots or tranquilize them/you. You will also have to boost the match victory on the mode that can't be played against bots.

I don't know if you can boost the game with only 2 or 3 people, probably yes. You will have to find out.

Edited by Deceptrox

The MP is almost dead. There were a few people playing every now and then when I did the MP last summer, but not enough to get a proper Killzone experience.

You can however purchase the Botzone DLC and get most of the trophies playing against bots. It's not quite the MP experience but at least you'll get to do actual playing rather than just boosting. It's easy to pull off the killstreak trophy and whatnot against the easier bots too.

Few trophies you might have to boost though as they're borderline impossible to do in games or against bots.

Spangled - This trophy requires you to clear your head after being hit by a tranq gun. Neither bots nor players use the M2 tranq gun, but it can be boosted with one other person.

Get Your Filthy Hands Off - This trophy requires you to kill another player while they are interrogating a teammate. Apparently it can be done in Botzone but I never got bots to interrogate other bots. On the other hand if you play real MP, you might get this as some players might interrogate every now and then, especially if it's the objective in warzone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

The MP is almost dead. There were a few people playing every now and then when I did the MP last summer, but not enough to get a proper Killzone experience.

You can however purchase the Botzone DLC and get most of the trophies playing against bots. It's not quite the MP experience but at least you'll get to do actual playing rather than just boosting. It's easy to pull off the killstreak trophy and whatnot against the easier bots too.

Few trophies you might have to boost though as they're borderline impossible to do in games or against bots.

Spangled - This trophy requires you to clear your head after being hit by a tranq gun. Neither bots nor players use the M2 tranq gun, but it can be boosted with one other person.

Get Your Filthy Hands Off - This trophy requires you to kill another player while they are interrogating a teammate. Apparently it can be done in Botzone but I never got bots to interrogate other bots. On the other hand if you play real MP, you might get this as some players might interrogate every now and then, especially if it's the objective in warzone.

It's a shame. Though everything now is PS4 and beyond when it comes to active multiplayer.

The interrogation trophy requires at least four players since you have to kill an enemy player while they are interrogating your teammate, the enemy also must have another player so that's four players total.

The others can be boosted with two people or done in botzone. Though the trophies for completing 100 matches and completing a match must be done in actual online multiplayer.

I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Spaz

15 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The others can be boosted with two people or done in botzone. Though the trophies for completing 100 matches and completing a match must be done in actual online multiplayer.

Just match #1 and match #100 have to completed against real people. Matches #2 to #99 can be played against bots.

8 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Just match #1 and match #100 have to completed against real people. Matches #2 to #99 can be played against bots.

Or you could play matches #1 - #98 in botzone, and play matches # 99 - #100 with real people for the trophies.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Warzone usually has 1 or 2 people whenever i try. Then a couple more join as the match goes on. I was lucky enough to snag Get Your Filthy Hands Off when we were 2v1 one quiet sunday morning. However i have seen it happen in a botzone deathmatch, i just wasn't quick enough - panicked and sprayed!

I reckon the only one you'll have trouble with is Spangled. i had to boost that one - took 5 minutes.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

"Spangled" recover from being tranquilised by another player is almost impossible as nobody uses this weapon in MP 

"Get Your Filthy Hands off" is a little easier to do in normal MP but is advised to have another player and boost it as it is again very rare for it to happen naturally in 2018. 

Servers are actually quite busy - I was suprised how many people still play this game. I had no problem to join games and get trophies legit. I have played mostly team deatchmatch and most of the time there were 5-8 players, so you can just play and enjoy game as it was intended. Warzone matches are also running pretty good - "Get Your Filthy Hands off"  was one of the first trophies i got in first match i have played :) Lots of good players use tranquilizer gun in team deatmatch, so you will not have problem with  "Spangled"  too - its a bit random, but I had a few situations where i was shot with a dart dun and shooter was killed by my team, so it's doable.  Game is great, trophies are easy - hope you will have fun :)

I want to clear this out - all online trophies can be done in Guerilla Warfare (team deatmatch) - other players pretty often interrogate their kills and some of them (skilled ones) use M2 tranquilizer gun (it's very efficient - one hit and target is down), so "Get Your Filthy Hands off" and "Spangled" does not require Warfare mode (team objective mode).

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

If anyone is still wondering, the servers are still up and for the most part it's not difficult to find a game - also, I have to say that the multiplayer for this game is really enjoyable and if anyone has this game but haven't played it yet, do yourself a favor and try it. In all fairness, though, the game drains the battery more quickly than your average vita game - just a reminder for those who play games while traveling, etc.