am i the only one that REALLY hates the combat?

Extratenzy

ive played ME3 and ME2, (yes dont judge me ive played the series in the opposite way), yet the controls and gameplay are so garbage and its just not cool at all.... like i wanna plat the game but idk i just feel the whole gameplay just sucks ass.... any ideas how i could make my time through this game fresh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

ive played ME3 and ME2, (yes dont judge me ive played the series in the opposite way), yet the controls and gameplay are so garbage and its just not cool at all.... like i wanna plat the game but idk i just feel the whole gameplay just sucks ass.... any ideas how i could make my time through this game fresh?

Image result for good place for a stick up meme

You just need to reinvent yourself into a new personage and remake what you enjoy.

Either that, or just drink heavily, your alcohol of choice, before a gaming session. Personally, I find that works the best.

Even besides hating the question "am I the only one?", no you are not. Back in the day, it was a hot topic of discussion, especially after ME2 released (and believe it or not, there were a ton of people that did not enjoy the focus on tighter combat for ME2, which kind of put a wedge in the fanbase because of the gameplay overhaul).

I enjoy 2 and 3 for completely different reasons than how I view -- and, furthermore, enjoy -- 1. 1 was an RPG at its core, for better or worse, which emphasized the RPG over the actual third person shooter elements. If you are coming off of 2 and 3, which are far tighter in the combat department and feel more like story driven third person shooters with a lot of RPG elements, as opposed to an RPG featuring third person shooter elements, the difference is going to be jarring and not in a pleasant way.

I still go back to 1, but it by far had the most tedious achievement list out of the bunch, and some could even go as far to say it hasn't aged well as a whole.