Darling Baphomet's Altar

Darling Baphomet

5 hours ago, regularegg said:

Yeah, most of Kratos' violence is at least sorta justified, but I wasn't too much of a fan of him killing civilians. 

And not yet! I own the PSP GoW games on Vita (probably PS+?) but they don't have trophies, so I'm waiting until I get a PS3 to play them. Really looking forward to getting a complete set of GoW plats, though.

Yea, its a nice set of plats to have ?

The thing i couldnt understand is that, not only did he kill civilians, but deliberately did so when there was other options. Couldnt understand it. 

I get the anger but how does it make him different from the gods he's so angry at? But anyway, at least the games were a lot of fun!

• Like 1

So after one too many shitty / mediocre games that I've been playing entirely for trophies, I'm reevaluating my priorities. For now, this means that I'm probably not going to be getting as many trophies. This also means I'm going to abandon a bunch of games which I simply have no interest in finishing. For example, Claire: Extended Cut and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I'll likely keep the backlog unchanged for now, in case I get motivated to full-on trophy hunt anytime soon, but in the immediate future I intend to focus on playing games solely for enjoyment, with trophy hunting as an afterthought.

This means that I'll probably platinum some games I adore - for example, the first two Wolfensteins - but games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss (a mediocre game to begin with, but once I got to the 3+ minute series of QTEs where failing one instantly resets the sequence, I was done) aren't going to be getting touched. I'm also not sure whether or not I'll end up doing excessively frustrating platinums, ie starting an entirely new Dragon Age playthrough just for Nightmare Mode. Depends on how much I like the first playthrough, I guess. This also probably means I'll lighten up on updates. Possible once every two weeks or so, depending on how quickly I get platinums. I do have a few still lined up, ie Rocket League, Sims, and the Borderlands games.

This'll also have the effect of keeping my platinum list (almost) entirely composed of games I've thoroughly enjoyed, with the exception of Color Guardians, which is a win for me.

I suppose one exception is my 'watch while playing' games, since while I'm not particularly fond of grinding Tomb Raider's multiplayer, or the item world in Disgaea 5, they give my ADHD something to focus on while I let Deep Space 9 run.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Doot.

I haven't been seriously platinuming games in a good while, primarily due to mental health issues related to a recent tough break up. As it is I don't have the time to invest to focus down on platinums as hard as I used to, but I'll probably pop in every few weeks with this game or that.

1L49b82f.png

Platinum #40 - Agents of Mayhem

I'd been mildly interested in this game for a good while, but never enough to actually push me over the edge into actually buying it. The sale for 8$ a few weeks ago finally got me to buy it, and I'm pretty glad I did. Although it disappointed a hell of a lot of people by not being very Saints Row-like, it's a nifty little hero shooter in its own right. The combat is great, most of the characters are fun, and the dialogue is awesome. Also, Daisy. Because somebody had to remind you that you hadn't rolled around on roller blades while shooting the shit out of people with a minigun.

Playing through the campaign was a blast, though it started to slow down near the end of my run, especially once I started focusing on collectibles and grinding out challenges. Hunting down shards was a massive pain in the ass and took hours. Grinding characters to level 20 was fairly significant but not that bad. Connected contracts gave me a bit of trouble, as it's hard to tell exactly how many you've completed, and sometimes you get stuck with 5 leechers who contribute absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

1L91f1dc.png

Platinum #41 - Saints Row: Gat Outta Hell

This trophy has been a long time coming. I'd originally managed to grind out most of the challenges and was planning to platinum it something like a year ago, but when one of the weapons decided not to unlock despite my best efforts, I ultimately gave up. 

A pretty fun game, overall, although its unique gameplay is tempered by the lack of proper story missions and an open world which very quickly loses its originality. Once you've finished all the activities, cleanup is exhausting and incredibly boring to work through - especially having to grind through 100 kills with multiple extremely weak weapons that you wouldn't so much as touch during a normal run of the game.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I live! Finally have access to a PS4 again (and a PSVR!) so I'm going to start working on my backlog again.

Currently playing God of WarStar Wars Battlefront 2Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion, and Astrobot: Rescue Mission... and a dozen or so other games I bought during the sale. May the deities forgive my trespass into mass consumerism.

Also... anyone else ever look at their platinum list and wish they could un-platinum a game? I am so, so ashamed of my Color Guardians trophy. That was such a mediocre game. 

• Like 1

Weekly?-ish status update:

Largely been swamped by the overwhelming amount of new games I bought during the holiday sales - I may, or may not, have a slight spending problem. Probably something like 20-30 new games in all, with ~5 of them VR titles.

That being said ~

Astrobot - Finished the main campaign, have worlds 1 and 2 100% completed, probably a matter of hours until I've gotten the game's platinum. Overall a fantastic experience that by itself managed to make the case for VR. 

Onrush - Almost done with the campaign and have over half the trophies. Likely a decent 5-6 hours of work before I get the plat.

God of War - Close to finishing the story. Took down one of the Valkyries. Not excited to have to beat the other 8. Will probably die a lot.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Dear god, this is an annoying platinum. I've been taking to playing Heroes vs Villains while watching Netflix for the 'kill 50 marked heroes while marked' trophy, but if I'm lucky, I manage 1 or 2 kills per 10 minute match. The rest of the trophies should be fairly easy - destroying 25(?) hero ships might have been frustrating a few months ago, but with the addition of the Heroes vs Villains starfighter mode, it'll be a breeze.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, regularegg said:

Also... anyone else ever look at their platinum list and wish they could un-platinum a game? I am so, so ashamed of my Color Guardians trophy. That was such a mediocre game. 

Can't say I have any regrets with the games on my list. I only bought games that I wanted to play or I heard were hard plats. At least, that's what I remember anyway :D

Good luck with the new onslaught of games mate

Platinum#42: Onrush

1L7e4a63.png

This was a fantastic game, and one I regret not picking up before it got offered on PS+. Definitely one of my top PS+ offerings of 2018. Hopefully 2019 keeps up. 

A lot of people complained about it not being a "traditional racer", but honestly, that just feels like an excuse. Once you actually play it you realize it's got more than enough to offer without a finish line to cross - much like an extended and fleshed out version of the takedown-based gamemodes in the Burnout series.

Platinum-wise, it was moderately difficult. I sunk about 15 hours into the game, and a good third (my god) was put into one event. I literally spent 4 hours retrying the same event. Luckily I had Netflix to keep me company, but... damn. Besides that none of the events are too difficult if you're familiar with racers. 

On 1/3/2019 at 0:01 PM, kraven_15 said:

Can't say I have any regrets with the games on my list. I only bought games that I wanted to play or I heard were hard plats. At least, that's what I remember anyway :D

Good luck with the new onslaught of games mate

I make sure that every game I buy has an achievable platinum nowadays, because platinuming games is my main 'goal' to work towards... so I'm pretty happy with all the games I buy, but sometimes I get roped into platinuming PS+ titles that are very unworthy of my time. Like Color Guardians, lol.

And thanks! It's going to probably take me 3+ months to finish all of these... on top of my already massive backlog.

• Like 1

Platinum #43 - Astrobot Rescue Mission

1L8dacdb.png

My first VR platinum! This is an absolutely incredible game and served as (probably) the best possible introduction to PSVR I could have had. It's up there with games like Super Mario 64 in terms of how groundbreaking it is, and it manages to consistently surprise you - some of the most unique and memorable levels are in the last two worlds.

Overall, not too difficult a platinum. Some of the challenges were annoying, but I doubt I spent more than 10-15 minutes on any of them. Some of the bots were hard to find, so I used a video guide during clean up.

Decided to change my profile name. Probably going to change my PSN name to this once name changes are out of beta and PSNP can work around them without making a whole new account. I don't like regularegg at all, lol.

Anyway, Onrush and Astrobot were the two main games that I had close to a platinum so I'm probably going to be dry for a week or so, unless I get around to completing my second and third minit runs sooner than expected.

The main reason I'm making this post is to make a list of all the games I'm currently aiming to platinum - mostly composed of the 30-40 new games I bought during the Black Friday / Holiday sale. I'll probably add this to the first post at some point. I may just repost it as I go, ticking games off the list.

The New Wave: November-January additions

Spoiler

Games with their name in bold have been completed!

South Park: The Stick of Truth

South Park: The Fractured But Hole
Final Fantasy XV

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

Astrobot: Rescue Mission

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Redout: Lightspeed Edition

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

DOOM

Digimon World: Next Order

Everspace

Beholder Complete Edition

Cities: Skylines

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Oh...Sir! The Hollywood Roast

Watch Dogs 2

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

God of War

L.A. Noire

E.V.E. Valkyrie - Warzone

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree

The Old Guard: Pre-November games

Spoiler

Games with their name in bold have been completed! This list will be fairly short until I'm farther into my newer games.

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Burnout Paradise Remastered

Platinum #44 - Minit

1Mf37d7e.png

Overall a charming little indie game. I remember seeing a few in-development gameplay videos on one of the developers' twitter accounts, and it was an instant buy when I saw it on sale. It's short and sweet, which is a good thing for it, because as much as it perfects simplicity, it would not make a good long game.

The game isn't very hard - it took me four runs in all, simply because after I finished my NG+ run (by far the most challenging part of the game) I still didn't have access to Mary's Mode, which makes the final trophy (complete the game in 25 runs or less) a breeze. The trophy guide had made it sound as if all you needed to unlock it was complete your second run, and I ended up having to do a third run to achieve 100% and unlock Mary's Mode, for my final run.

Overall a very worthy platinum and a surprisingly fun indie game. Definitely one of the more memorable ones I've played.

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
Dirt Rally VR
AER: Memories of Old

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
GOD EATER: Resurrection 
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Vampyr

The Shapeshifting Detective

Dirt 4

Spoiler

Games with their name in bold have been completed! This list will be fairly short until I'm farther into my newer games.

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Edited by Darling Baphomet

Uh oh, a week without a platinum. What shall we do?

I've mostly been focusing on Fallout 76Spider-Man, Redout, and God of War.

The first three I've been playing pretty regularly, but with God of War... every time I boot it up I honestly feel like I've got a chore ahead of me. The combat is great, the story is great... but honestly, I feel like the game just doesn't hold up once you've gotten past the dazzle of the main story and are stuck doing sidequests. As much as it was one of my favorite games of the year, it's also... boring. Either way, I'm slowly slugging through it.

I'm getting into my grind in Fallout 76 - the first ~10 levels were a slog and I was struggling to find enough meat and supplies, but now I'm starting to get everything I need. I could see this being my next obsession for the next week or two. Probably take at least that long to platinum it.

I've also decided to try PS Now to play Playstation 3 titles, primarily the three God of War prequels / spin-offs on PS3, starting with Ascension. Considering I'm living in Hawaii I've been finding PS Now pretty good. I'm also starting Fallout 3 through PS Now - I'd like to eventually have a set of 5 Fallout platinums, from 3 to 76 (and, of course, sweet beautiful Fallout Shelter).

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Spoiler

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

PS Now games:

Spoiler

Fallout 3

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

God of War: Ascension

Platinum #45 - Spider-Man

1M9ecdff.png

First platinum in, what? Two weeks? Either way, this is the first of a few longer games I've been working to get off my backlog before tackling some easier platinums.

A fantastic game overall, though I found some of the earlier sneaking missions mind numbingly boring, to the point where I'd quit at every sneaking mission and take it up the next day... but the core gameplay is fantastic, outside of some minor nitpicks, e.g. later random encounter missions being annoying to complete.

The story was definitely one of the best I've played in a while, God of War excluded - I actually managed to get teary eyed from the ending. I don't think I've gotten emotional over a video game in at least a few years, so, it's rather an achievement.

The actual platinum wasn't that difficult - working on collectibles / side missions in between story missions guarantees you should have most of them done by the end-game, although the 100+ random encounters are a pain in the ass, and unless you're extremely OCD about chasing down red triangles, you're probably not going to have them nearly completed. I ended up spending ~2-3 hours swinging around trying to trigger them, which was definitely the most annoying part of the game.

With that out of the way, I'm not quite sure what my next platinum will be - possible Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion, although it's fairly mediocre. Otherwise I'm pretty close to platinuming Redout, a fantastic wipeout-esque game, or Tiny Metal, a fun Advance Wars (by far my favorite Nintendo IP) clone, although I've heard the hard mode playthrough is extremely difficult. 

Slow progress is being made in Fallout 76Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Megalith, although I'll probably hold off on the last one, since it's slated to get a large number of much needed content additions in the near future, and I'd rather not be done with it in the relatively bare bones state is in now - although it is a very fun MOBA as is. I would expect these longer games to last me another 2-3 weeks at the very least. Fallout 76 especially seems like a 200+ hour investment, although I am enjoying it extensively (despite all the negativity surrounding it), so that doesn't concern me.

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Spoiler

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

PS Now games:

Spoiler

Fallout 3

Dandara

Ben 10

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Loco Roco

On 3/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

So after one too many shitty / mediocre games that I've been playing entirely for trophies, I'm reevaluating my priorities. For now, this means that I'm probably not going to be getting as many trophies. This also means I'm going to abandon a bunch of games which I simply have no interest in finishing. For example, Claire: Extended Cut and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I'll likely keep the backlog unchanged for now, in case I get motivated to full-on trophy hunt anytime soon, but in the immediate future I intend to focus on playing games solely for enjoyment, with trophy hunting as an afterthought.

I don't understand how people can dislike Uncharted: Golden Abyss because I think that is a must buy game for the PS Vita. Utilizes all the Vita features wonderfully and it's just as good as any Naughty Dog Uncharted game.

Opinions are opinions, and I learned a long time ago not to try to change other peoples opinions. Not going to go in any more detail.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

The first three I've been playing pretty regularly, but with God of War... every time I boot it up I honestly feel like I've got a chore ahead of me. The combat is great, the story is great... but honestly, I feel like the game just doesn't hold up once you've gotten past the dazzle of the main story and are stuck doing sidequests. As much as it was one of my favorite games of the year, it's also... boring. Either way, I'm slowly slugging through it.

The entire game is a chore. You're basically spreading a deceased one's love ashes, and the story is basically Kratos and his son Arteus trying to climb the highest mountain in existence. That's all it comes down to.

The enemies are repetitive and offer absolutely no challenge. The gameplay isn't the high octane thrill the PS2 God of Wars had and it's a big step down from God of War 3. I suppose after Kratos went on a killing spree killing every Greek deity he hated there had to be a cooldown period. But he somehow ends up in a Norse society with various mythological creatures and gods. We have no idea how he got there, or how he met his deceased wife. I'm going to guess that several years have passed since the events of God of War 3, but it just bothers me that there is that big gap that hasn't been explained.

The open world is no different from any other modern open world game. You beat the story and you spend the better part of 10 - 20 hours doing sidequests. I guess that's part of the reason why I still haven't started Marvel's Spider Man. The story is going to be decent but I'm going to be bored spending a lot of hours doing all the sidequests.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't understand how people can dislike Uncharted: Golden Abyss because I think that is a must buy game for the PS Vita. Utilizes all the Vita features wonderfully and it's just as good as any Naughty Dog Uncharted game.

Opinions are opinions, and I learned a long time ago not to try to change other peoples opinions. Not going to go in any more detail.

I enjoyed most of the game, but I gave up after that one particular QTE scene with the main villain, near the end. QTEs are one thing, using QTEs as a boss fight is entirely another. Not to mention that, by all accounts, it would be way harder on my hardest difficulty run... I would have given it another shot but I no longer have a Vita, so.

It was a pretty fun game besides, and I agree it's on par with the PS3 / PS4 Uncharted games. I just ended up rage-quitting after that one QTE.

45 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The entire game is a chore. You're basically spreading a deceased one's love ashes, and the story is basically Kratos and his son Arteus trying to climb the highest mountain in existence. That's all it comes down to.

The enemies are repetitive and offer absolutely no challenge. The gameplay isn't the high octane thrill the PS2 God of Wars had and it's a big step down from God of War 3. I suppose after Kratos went on a killing spree killing every Greek deity he hated there had to be a cooldown period. But he somehow ends up in a Norse society with various mythological creatures and gods. We have no idea how he got there, or how he met his deceased wife. I'm going to guess that several years have passed since the events of God of War 3, but it just bothers me that there is that big gap that hasn't been explained.

The open world is no different from any other modern open world game. You beat the story and you spend the better part of 10 - 20 hours doing sidequests. I guess that's part of the reason why I still haven't started Marvel's Spider Man. The story is going to be decent but I'm going to be bored spending a lot of hours doing all the sidequests.

I mean, God of War 3 had major backtracking as well, so I can't say it's entirely out of the ordinary for a GoW game. Although it is a bit drawn out with the fact that they keep getting delayed. I would have liked a proper quest - although it does turn out pretty significant in the end, the fact that the entire game got started on, essentially, an errand, is a bit silly.

The combat is hit or miss imo. It's definitely very satisfying to throw your axe into an enemy's face, but it's also slow and somewhat clunky at times. I definitely miss the chaos of GoW 3. The main reason I've adored GoW is the quality of the interactions between Kratos and Atreus - and the fantastic graphics and the world design. But as an actual game, I'd say it's a flawed gem.

59 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I enjoyed most of the game, but I gave up after that one particular QTE scene with the main villain, near the end. QTEs are one thing, using QTEs as a boss fight is entirely another. Not to mention that, by all accounts, it would be way harder on my hardest difficulty run... I would have given it another shot but I no longer have a Vita, so.

It was a pretty fun game besides, and I agree it's on par with the PS3 / PS4 Uncharted games. I just ended up rage-quitting after that one QTE.

Heh.

If that got you rage quitting, better stay away from Vanquish, Dead Space 2, The Evil Within and Super Meat Boy.

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I mean, God of War 3 had major backtracking as well, so I can't say it's entirely out of the ordinary for a GoW game. Although it is a bit drawn out with the fact that they keep getting delayed. I would have liked a proper quest - although it does turn out pretty significant in the end, the fact that the entire game got started on, essentially, an errand, is a bit silly.

The combat is hit or miss imo. It's definitely very satisfying to throw your axe into an enemy's face, but it's also slow and somewhat clunky at times. I definitely miss the chaos of GoW 3. The main reason I've adored GoW is the quality of the interactions between Kratos and Atreus - and the fantastic graphics and the world design. But as an actual game, I'd say it's a flawed gem.

The older God of War games were all linear. I would say the Prince of Persia games had a lot more backtracking but that's just my opinion.

God of War 1 had a little backtracking, God of War 2 had the most I think. It's a tie between the two as to which one is my favorite. God of War 2 barely edges out the first game, it was best at giving us a good variety of bosses to fight.

That's what I don't like about God of War 2018. There just weren't enough epic fights. I wouldn't of minded the story that much if there were more of them. Sure in one section of the game you fight a giant beast and in another section you're climbing a hive like structure. There just weren't enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Heh.

If that got you rage quitting, better stay away from Vanquish, Dead Space 2, The Evil Within and Super Meat Boy.

Luckily none of those are on my backlog. Though I did play Super Meat Boy when I was younger, and it was one of my favorite indie games... although I'll probably skip on ever trying to platinum it, lol.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

The older God of War games were all linear. I would say the Prince of Persia games had a lot more backtracking but that's just my opinion.

God of War 1 had a little backtracking, God of War 2 had the most I think. It's a tie between the two as to which one is my favorite. God of War 2 barely edges out the first game, it was best at giving us a good variety of bosses to fight.

That's what I don't like about God of War 2018. There just weren't enough epic fights. I wouldn't of minded the story that much if there were more of them. Sure in one section of the game you fight a giant beast and in another section you're climbing a hive like structure. There just weren't enough.

I just remember revisiting a lot of the same places in God of War 3 - namely the chamber with the statues and the tunnel you traverse.

I think they were probably trying to recreate the feel of the first trilogy with the new God of War - e.g. not many epic boss fights, to keep it on a similar scale to God of War 1, since it's pretty much confirmed they're making a new trilogy - I remember the devs saying that parts of what was planned for God of War got cut to be put in the next game. IIRC the biggest fight in 1 was the fight against Ares, and it was 2 that got you fighting giants and going full badass.

Platinum #46: Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

1M19667d.png

Okay, so. This is a game. It's pretty mediocre as far as being an actual video game, but it is an Adventure Time game, and I do enjoy Adventure Time. So, I'm glad I got to play it.

That being said, it's a rather short game, and especially with the grinding, it's not exactly an incredible time to platinum. Sure, it's short, but who wants to slowly glide between islands multiple times just to deliver penguins?

I'd give this game a 7/10 or so. Glad I had it, definitely a solid game for Adventure Time fans, though my experience was degraded a bit by having to do all the sidequests for the plat.

=================

So, another game down! This leaves me currently focusing on Vampyr and Redout - slowly making progress in God of War, but honestly, now that the main story is over, I have very little motivation to keep on with it.

Redout I should be done with rather quickly - although it's getting increasingly hard, I have almost all of the gold medals I need for the 45 wins trophy, and as long as beating the dev times (for the platinum medal I need) isn't too hard, the only thing left to work on is finishing the final event of the campaign.

I've also started Beat Saber, which, my god, is a full demonstration of just how awesome standing VR is. So far (besides Rick and Morty, which is... eh) I'd only played VR games sitting with a DS4, but playing Beat Saber for the first time was fucking amazing. You've probably seen memes about how you feel while playing Beat Saber - and they're true.

I've also expanded my PS Now collection a bit with titles I intend to platinum in the future, since I have the subscription. Surprised with the amount of PS4 games they have available. On top of that, I'll be playing through Yooka-Laylee and Disgaea 5 - I desperately need more games that I can grind while watching Netflix, and, honestly, I can only play Heroes vs Villains in Battlefront 2 for so long before I start to question why I was brought into this world. Yooka Laylee wouldn't normally be a game I'd play without sound, but I'd almost completed the game before it became uncompletable due to a glitch, and have marginal interest in going through it all again without distractions. (Pro tip: never close the game without save & quitting first.) 

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Spoiler

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Disgaea 5 

Yooka-Laylee

PS Now games:

Spoiler

PS NOW PS3 games:

Fallout 3

PS NOW PS4 games:

Dandara

Ben 10

Loco Roco

Styx: Master of Shadows

Shadow of the Beast

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Strider

Alienation

Platinum #47: Redout: Lightspeed Edition

1Lcf92ca.png

'

Mixed feelings about this game. On the one hand, it starts out great. I love the art style, and the gameplay is top notch. But as you get farther into the game, the speed that the game makes a point of emphasizing turns less into a positive, and more into an annoying gimmick, especially as you get to levels where you literally do not have time to spot turns before they hit, making the game more and more dependent on memorization. 

Besides that, there's a lot of little things that have bugged me - almost every collision sends your ship into a wall (if you're lucky), or turns you around 180 degrees, meaning getting passed at first can often lead to you falling behind to 5th. It gets to the point where some levels I'd have to restart over and over again just to get a start where I don't immediately get knocked off the level by a bot with a ship with faster acceleration.

My first time through the final tournament was also a shitshow due to a bizarre glitch that made the game progressively more laggy as I progressed through the tournament, to the point where the final level was literally unplayable at 10-15 fps the entire time. Luckily the glitch wasn't present the second time around, which prevented me from wasting another 40+ minutes. 

My frustration aside, this is a fun game, despite its flaws. And one of my rarer platinums, too, sitting at a completion rate of 6.51%.

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Spoiler

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Disgaea 5 

Yooka-Laylee

PS Now games:

Spoiler

PS NOW PS3 games:

Fallout 3

PS NOW PS4 games:

Dandara

Ben 10

Loco Roco

Shadow of the Beast

Strider

Alienation

Platinum #48: Realm Royale

1M748aa0.png

(Geez, some of these trophy images are REALLY small!)

This is probably one of my faster trophies of the month. Decided to give it a try since it had just released, saw its trophies were pretty easy, and proceeded to put a good ~10-15 hours into it.

As far as Battle Royale games go, it's pretty fun. I liked the feel of its sister game, Paladins, and Realm Royale has a similar style to its combat, though unlike Paladins, its trophies are pretty straightforward and easy to achieve.

Overall a pretty good game - free, fun, and easy to plat. Probably won't touch it much on my own now that I've platinumed it, but it's definitely a game I'd play with friends.

===============

With Realm Royale out of the way, I'm most likely going to try and platinum Fe or Aer: Memories of Old, both straightforward-to-platinum, artistic indie games. Besides that, I've got a few collectible guides to watch in God of War, but I'm waiting for a good call with my girlfriend to keep myself occupied during what is, undoubtedly, going to be an extremely mind-numbing few hours.

If I play my cards right, I may manage 10 platinums in January! 

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Realm Royale

Spoiler

Fallout Shelter

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Disgaea 5 

Yooka-Laylee

PS Now games:

Spoiler

PS NOW PS3 games:

Fallout 3

PS NOW PS4 games:

Dandara

Ben 10

Loco Roco

Shadow of the Beast

Strider

Alienation

• 1 month later...

Oof! It's been a rollercoaster of a month for me, and as a result I decided to take a break from trophy hunting. Now that things have settled down a bit I'm back in the game, albeit with some indie games to gently ease me back into it. You start to get confused with all these complicated trophy guides after not hunting for a month...

In the meantime, I've decided to scratch Fallout Shelter and Ben 10 off my backlog. In the former's case, constant Deathclaw attacks finally frustrated me to the point where I decided, "yeah, this isn't worth it." In the latter's case... as someone who grew up with Ben 10 and was hoping for nostalgia, god DAMN the reboot is offensive. The original's art style was fine. This feels like blasphemy. And the game doesn't exactly implement its cell shading well. 

Otherwise, I'm lately working on Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and Vampyr. The latter has been surprisingly fun, given all the criticism of it. Definitely an enjoyable experience, though I've stumbled upon the first of the reputedly ultra annoying boss fights, and am now putting it on a short break until I'm willing to die a half dozen times in an annoying stretched out boss sequence again.

Platinum #49 - AER: Memories of Old

1M044564.png

A short and sweet indie game. Kind of reminiscent of a walking simulator, albeit where you're flying around. Overall very relaxing and enjoyable.

I did suffer some problems with Hide and Seek due to accidentally doing the second temple before the first. If you're attempting this game, I recommend doing it in the exact order recommended (there's a guide on playstationtrophies). 

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Realm Royale

Spoiler

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Disgaea 5 

Yooka-Laylee

PS Now games:

Spoiler

PS NOW PS3 games:

Fallout 3

PS NOW PS4 games:

Dandara

Ben 10

Loco Roco

Shadow of the Beast

Strider

Alienation

Anyone else see a game they're interested in, then curse because there's no platinum? It's so annoying that Apex Legends, obviously a high budget game, has only a few trophies, whereas Realm Royale gets an easy 1-2 day platinum. 
Other than that, I'm working on Shadow of War, and I'll probably get Murdered: Soul Suspect out of the way, but it's annoyingly glitchy, which is making me... not want to replay it.

Platinum #50 - Undertale

1Mde223f.png

So, after the Deltarune beta released on PS4, I got inspired to finally replay Undertale, and finally get the True Pacifist ending. Absolutely fantastic game, but you've heard that from more than enough people by now. The trophy is embarrassingly easy and almost makes me feel bad for having it, but, eh. Undertale's a fantastic game and I'm proud to have it on any list of games.

The New Wave: November+ Additions

Spoiler

Undertale

Final Fantasy XV

Moss

Battlefield V

Spider-Man

Fallout 76

Star Wars Battlefront

Skyrim VR

Megalith

Borderlands 2 VR

STEEP

Tiny Metal

Driveclub VR

A Hat in Time

Along Together

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Pyre

DOOM

Everspace

Thief

Minit

Owlboy

The Little Acre

Watch Dogs 2

God of War

L.A. Noire

MUSYNX

SOMA

ONRUSH

Iconoclasts 

Forgotten Anne

Fe

Slime Rancher

Oxenfree
Dirt Rally VR

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Shadow of the Colossus 
Get Even
Vampyr

Dirt 4

Realm Royale

Spoiler

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Paladins

Trackmania Turbo

Disgaea 5 

Yooka-Laylee

PS Now games:

Spoiler

PS NOW PS3 games:

Fallout 3

PS NOW PS4 games:

Dandara

Ben 10

Loco Roco

Shadow of the Beast

Strider

Alienation

• 2 weeks later...

Going to stop pretending to have a cohesive formula to the rate at which I obtain platinums. I rarely ever actually complete my 'to platinum' games, and instead end up getting side tracked by this game or other. :b
Currently hoping to platinum Vampyr, FFXV, and The Bard's Tale. Probably not happening very soon, given the significant investment needed for each (albeit a shorter one for Bard's Tale). 
Besides that, now that I've gotten Meow Motors out of the way, I'll probably focus on platinuming either Gravel or Need for Speed Rivals. I went on a bit of a racing game binge recently, and as such now have a half dozen racers I'd like to platinum. If I'm desperate enough, I might even try to platinum Trackmania Turbo, although I imagine that would be an exercise in futility.

Platinum #51: Meow Motors

1Ld0bd31.png

Found this cute little karting game on the PSN store for 15$ and decided to pick it up. Despite having virtually no recognition, it seems to be one of the more competent kart racers currently on PSN, though given how... unique the selection is, that's no surprise. All-Star Fruit Racing and the latest Nickelodeon Karter aren't exactly GOTY material.
Overall a very easy, but fun platinum. The game lacks online multiplayer, which is a shame, but does come with splitscreen, which means I'll definitely be keeping this around to play with the gf.
As a karting game, it's fairly run of the mill. The gameplay is tight and polished, the levels are pretty unique, though it does miss the flair of other karting games due to the non-iconic lineup. While the cats are cute, it's no Shrek Smash N' Crash racing. 

Platinum #52: The Bard's Tale

1L4219e9.png

First off, for a game titled 'remastered and resnarkled', this is an absolute dogshit remaster. The out of engine cutscenes (of which, luckily, there are few) are in 360p and take up a third of the screen when they play. You can barely tell what's going on in them. And it's a glitchy mess that wasn't even platinumable for a good while after a mess.
That being said! This is an absolutely amazing RPG. The humor is spot on, the plot is unorthodox, and the summon-based combat manages to be pretty interesting. Really wish there were more satiric story-based games like this one. It reminds me a lot of Armed & Dangerous, a similarly ridiculous third person shooter from a now-defunct company. 
A pretty easy platinum if you follow the guide, and cheats don't disable the platinum, meaning you don't have to play on the hardest difficulty (a good thing, because the combat is somewhat wonky) to get the plat, just get through all of the content.